Page 1 of 1
Lucky reds
Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:26 pm
by oftheshire
Anyone a fan of any of lucky’s reds? I like the greens and whites but only have had a couple reds which didn’t really work for me, I use a little less when using luckys so I’m wondering if you gotta use more with his reds or what
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:32 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
A few months ago Ben revamped almost his whole red menu, feeling it was ok, but not up to the bar set by his greens and whites. Very cool of him to want to up his game for his customers. You'd have to ask him for particulars.
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:44 am
by LuckyHerbals
Red Borneo, Red Kapuas, and Red Jongkong are actually more red in appearance. I actually prefer the Red Jongkong. It's not as fresh looking as our greens, but it is a potent red nonetheless. I know Herbal Hippie said it tasted like dirt

but it totally works well for me. Green Reds are Red Bali, Red Sumatra, Red Maeng Da. More green reds will be on the menu with the next batch release, 080921....it's a big one!! Thank you for the feedback, as always. And thank you to all the new members.
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:13 am
by PistolsAtDawn
LuckyHerbals wrote: ↑Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:44 am
Red Borneo, Red Kapuas, and Red Jongkong are actually more red in appearance. I actually prefer the Red Jongkong. It's not as fresh looking as our greens, but it is a potent red nonetheless. I know Herbal Hippie said it tasted like dirt

but it totally works well for me. Green Reds are Red Bali, Red Sumatra, Red Maeng Da. More green reds will be on the menu with the next batch release, 080921....it's a big one!! Thank you for the feedback, as always. And thank you to all the new members.
I think your Red Horn sneaks up on ya and has good legs. I will probably leave a big review sometime in the future when I've had more time to sample and compare. I try really hard to keep my dosage low (at 2g per dose, 3x a day) since I mostly use kratom for chronic pain and I don't want to blow out my tolerance. So that means it's taking a lot of time to sample everything.
Yesterday I capped about 20 size 00 caps of Red Horn, and then I took a couple after my first dose of another vendor's red did little for me. I felt it shortly after, so I'm looking forward to more!
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:40 am
by Bubba5150
I am new to Lucky, joined in March or April, and I love their reds. They have reds that I truly appreciate after a stressful day of work and also have great daytime reds too. My want to do nothing reds are Red Kapuas, Red Bali, Red Horn and the Red Jongkong. The reds I take earlier in the day are Red Borneo and Red Maeng Da. Obviously these may work differently for each person, but for my body those do the trick in those situations.
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:12 pm
by oftheshire
Ok cool yeah I got the red Borneo recently, I may try it again tonight. But the GMD , WMD, and white Thai are all so good, deff have to use less
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:14 pm
by oftheshire
LuckyHerbals wrote: ↑Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:44 am
Red Borneo, Red Kapuas, and Red Jongkong are actually more red in appearance. I actually prefer the Red Jongkong. It's not as fresh looking as our greens, but it is a potent red nonetheless. I know Herbal Hippie said it tasted like dirt

but it totally works well for me. Green Reds are Red Bali, Red Sumatra, Red Maeng Da. More green reds will be on the menu with the next batch release, 080921....it's a big one!! Thank you for the feedback, as always. And thank you to all the new members.
I look forward to the next drop! Thanks for clearing up which are the green reds vs which are red. When you say red Borneo is actually more red in appearance, are you saying it’s a faster red than what it appears?
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:14 am
by LuckyHerbals
It's more red in appearance and to me, more stimulating. But honestly I rarely find a sedating red.
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:42 pm
by tasha99
I'm kind of a new to kratom, so I don't have a nuanced review to give, but I really like the current Red Kapuas. I'm not sure why, but about half the time I take it, I get this warm sense of well being. Not every time--might have to do with how full I am, or how long it's been since I've taken kratom (usually, it's only a few times a week, but sometimes I'll take it a few days in a row). Anyhow, to me, it's been my favorite kratom I've ever taken. Usually the kratom that makes me feel what I think is euphoria that people talk about also has an edginess that I don't like. The Red Kapuas doesn't have that for me--just the good and none of the bad. Plus, I can sleep on it. Often, if my back is hurting, I know I'll be awake--either because my back hurts, or because I find almost all kratom stimulating in the way coffee is.
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:19 pm
by herbalhippie
LuckyHerbals wrote: ↑Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:44 am
I know Herbal Hippie said it tasted like dirt

but it totally works well for me.
There are much worse tasting things than dirt. Peyote comes to mind.
I only tried it the once because I had so.many.new.bags come in right around the same time, I'll give it a go again this weekend!
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:38 pm
by LuckyHerbals

I'll be sending your Red Sumatra along with the rest of your order next week! Really excited for you to try these.
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:07 pm
by herbalhippie
LuckyHerbals wrote: ↑Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:38 pm

I'll be sending your Red Sumatra along with the rest of your order next week! Really excited for you to try these.
Woohoo!!! Thanks!
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:55 am
by disconeckt
Is there any way to become a member with LH? I know the site says no new members but thought I might ask. Really need to find a reliable low end vendor.
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:41 pm
by Sanbutsushin
disconeckt wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:55 am
Is there any way to become a member with LH? I know the site says no new members but thought I might ask. Really need to find a reliable low end vendor.
They reopen for members pretty regularly, just keep an eye on the site.
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:42 pm
by Rkaltenbach
IndelibleDotInk wrote: ↑Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:32 pm
A few months ago Ben revamped almost his whole red menu, feeling it was ok, but not up to the bar set by his greens and whites. Very cool of him to want to up his game for his customers. You'd have to ask him for particulars.
He's really a great guy!! Great product and very honorable

And if you ask him a question he's going to give it to you straight! I love that.
I've heard the red bali is awesome. I'm going to try that. I usually avoid reds.
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:38 pm
by wavering_radiant
Rkaltenbach wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:42 pm
IndelibleDotInk wrote: ↑Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:32 pm
A few months ago Ben revamped almost his whole red menu, feeling it was ok, but not up to the bar set by his greens and whites. Very cool of him to want to up his game for his customers. You'd have to ask him for particulars.
He's really a great guy!! Great product and very honorable

And if you ask him a question he's going to give it to you straight! I love that.
I've heard the red bali is awesome. I'm going to try that. I usually avoid reds.
Yeah I just got some of 72021 batch of red Bali (not the current batch) the other day and I love it. Feels kind of like a red with some green blended in, but still pretty relaxing. I’ve used it for bedtime several times, but I use greens mostly and could see it possibly being a little stimulating for people sensitive to greens maybe. Somewhat versatile though and definitely one of the better reds I’ve had in awhile.
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:44 pm
by Rkaltenbach
wavering_radiant wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:38 pm
Rkaltenbach wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:42 pm
IndelibleDotInk wrote: ↑Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:32 pm
A few months ago Ben revamped almost his whole red menu, feeling it was ok, but not up to the bar set by his greens and whites. Very cool of him to want to up his game for his customers. You'd have to ask him for particulars.
He's really a great guy!! Great product and very honorable

And if you ask him a question he's going to give it to you straight! I love that.
I've heard the red bali is awesome. I'm going to try that. I usually avoid reds.
Yeah I just got some of 72021 batch of red Bali (not the current batch) the other day and I love it. Feels kind of like a red with some green blended in, but still pretty relaxing. I’ve used it for bedtime several times, but I use greens mostly and could see it possibly being a little stimulating for people sensitive to greens maybe. Somewhat versatile though and definitely one of the better reds I’ve had in awhile.
You are correct, it is a green red, part of the reason I think I'll like it!
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:50 pm
by Hulu2021
I absolutely love the Royal Bentley Lucky’s carries but it’s almost sold out for now!
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:51 pm
by Hulu2021
i also tried the Red Jong Kong in July 20 batch and it did not taste like dirt at all. Yes it’s not as fresh as maeng da but it tastes good
Re: Lucky reds
Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:09 pm
by wavering_radiant
Rkaltenbach wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:44 pm
wavering_radiant wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:38 pm
Rkaltenbach wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:42 pm
He's really a great guy!! Great product and very honorable

And if you ask him a question he's going to give it to you straight! I love that.
I've heard the red bali is awesome. I'm going to try that. I usually avoid reds.
Yeah I just got some of 72021 batch of red Bali (not the current batch) the other day and I love it. Feels kind of like a red with some green blended in, but still pretty relaxing. I’ve used it for bedtime several times, but I use greens mostly and could see it possibly being a little stimulating for people sensitive to greens maybe. Somewhat versatile though and definitely one of the better reds I’ve had in awhile.
You are correct, it is a green red, part of the reason I think I'll like it!
Actually I take that back. Took the red Bali again last night and it knocked me out instantly. Pretty much only a night time strain for me. It definitely has a bit more of a reddish tint to it and not exactly what I think of when it comes to green reds cuz it looks like it’s got some green blended it to a more red looking powder. Pretty much what I expected since Red Bali’s are almost always a blend. Not complaining though cuz I really enjoy it and that’s the only way I take reds that actually look red