Page 1 of 1

Vendor Blunders: cucu_mansyur

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:30 pm
by Kratonical-Kat
I decided to start ordering kratom from an Indonesian leaf hustler on Instagram, with the handle being cucu_mansyur about a year ago, against my better judgement. He only accepted payment via PayPal via family and friends, but I had decided to put my blind faith in his hustle. The first two smaller orders I made were amazingly strong and potent micro-grinded leaf: a flour-like consistency and a strong, bitter & tongue numbing taste, which was eye-opening at the time. I was still getting ripped off from local smokeshop vendors charging $50 for 100g. But then, as soon as I had felt like I could trust him enough and place a large order, a turn for the worst happened and 8/10 kilos I was sent most recently smelled/tasted of dirt and damp forest, deeming it inedible and bunk :evil: . Also, the powder's consistency was much more coarse with visible bones/stems.
The only half-decent(edible) leaf were the greens I bought, but it was a far cry from the last two orders. I was quite angry about it and demanding that the seller send a replacement order, but was told he can only replace in smaller increments due to shipping costs. I was not about to be grifted a second time, so I said I would only continue ordering if he can replace it, even offering to cover some of the shipping costs. I am still uncertain about going through with that plan; I don't want to be out of more cash and stuck with useless junk powder, so I have been hunting for better vendors located in the US that DO send replacement product in good faith when these circumstances occur via forums like this. I tell this tale to vent and warn others about the lack of business ethics with some of these leaf hustlers. It could've been worse, as some social media vendors are known for scamming: running off with your cash & leaving you empty-handed.
I am attempting to make some sort of food-grade safe extract with this extra leaf, mostly by mixing vinegars, alcohol, lemon juice/citric acid and distilled water in the kratom, but I don't really know what to do after that point. I want to take the material and reduce it in a double boiler, but I am weary of doing that with alcohol in the mix. I may attempt another run of this by just using ACV and lemon juice, and possibly another run with a method involving bakers yeast and sugar. I'm aware an acid-base extract would probably yield the most pure results, but I'd rather not play with dangerous solvents with my cats around.
If anyone has had success making extracts, please guide me to the correct teks to help me brush off this uncertainty I have about finding and utilizing a viable extract method. I have searched a couple forums, but there is way too many methods to sort through, as well as too few methods set up like a recipe with steps.
I will provide updates about this situation with this vendor if we eventually come to a fair solution and resolution to the issues surrounding my order.
Thanks for listening :ugeek:

Re: Vendor Blunders: cucu_mansyur

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:33 pm
by Kratonical-Kat
Overall, all of his "strains" were top-notch, except for the reds, which I found to be too weak. With the last order, all white, yellow, and red kratom in the order most likely suffered improper drying and was inedible.

Re: Vendor Blunders: cucu_mansyur

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:19 am
by Baguaguy123
[Redacted}

Re: Vendor Blunders: cucu_mansyur

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:33 am
by herbalhippie
Baguaguy123 wrote: ↑Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:19 am [Redacted}
No advertising outside of Vendor Ads please. Thanks!

Re: Vendor Blunders: cucu_mansyur

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:13 pm
by BallzDeep9
Kratonical-Kat wrote: ↑Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:30 pm .... I was not about to be grifted a second time,.. so I have been hunting for better vendors located in the US that DO send replacement product in good faith when these circumstances occur via forums like this. I tell this tale to vent and warn others about the lack of business ethics with some of these leaf hustlers. It could've been worse, as some social media vendors are known for scamming: running off with your cash & leaving you empty-handed. // I am attempting to make some sort of food-grade safe extract with this extra leaf, mostly by mixing vinegars, alcohol, lemon juice/citric acid and distilled water in the kratom, but I don't really know what to do after that point.
hey thanks for posting here! Two parts both deserve attention... Your Part1 about the Indo hustler and getting scammed and re-shipping etc. Fair Warning to anyone on social media who is tempted to gamble with anonymous folks over there.. Even a few American dollars = Big Score :P for these guys some are high-school kids in Pontianak (the Capital City of kratom!) they are fluent online, know to Photoshop fake photos even, and claim they are "Farmers" lol - In fact they're going a few blocks away where huge bulk tons of kratom powder are processed, and stored, in warehouses... They then middle man the leaf, buying for maybe $6 a Kg and selling to you for whatever. What did you pay, $25 or 30 ? well its 2022 - you can now find Wholesale distributors "Distro" right here in USA for what $35 ? So you saved maybe 5 bucks per Kg for taking all that risk. True the Distro stuff here is low average quality.. Sounds like Indo pulled the ol' Sample trick & set you up for larger order.. At which point he dumped dirt on you!!

Kratom scams were rampant on Facebook back 3-4 years ago, but, Shipping fiasco and so many horror stories, seems like it's dropped off... Still, fishing is a popular sport, time to hang around & dangle a pole in the water... sooner or later "Fish On" !! :roll:. and he's excited and telling all his buddies Hey I got a yankee on the line here! Don't feel bad it's really a World Wide sport. They have entire villages setup in 3rd World countries... to run Email scams, Phone scams, the ol' Nigerian Prince email racket. Et cetera.

OK Part 2, whaddya DO with all the below average weak powder? Make home extract absolutely. Yes your right, there are many Tek's online, Search Bar on Reddit r/kratom good place to start. Search on "Ethanol". The most simple extract is water based = Tea. Its really a fancy way of making bulk Tea using a weak acid (Citric or ACV), simmering for couple hours, then using some High Pressure to really squeeze the goodies out! For small daily cups, Aeropress is great.. For a large bulk process, the pressure or filtering becomes more important.

Watch = Cooking with Philly K! video! He even SELLS that home brew Extract on his website! I'd love to try some... IMO the future of kratom vendors ? 1 drawback is investing in a Cider Press to handle 2+ Kilos at a time.. check on Amazon there are many different type "Herb Tincture Fruit Wine Manual Press" etc. Do you know... O.P.M.S. Extract sold in stores.. IS a "cold press" product ? Yep. Gives me some ideas anyway...

Ethanol is the next step up, from water based.. Look for a recipe that combines, Everclear 190 Proof Grain Alcohol - you'll do a much better job of getting all the alkaloids. Some recipe's call for heating or cooking- be very careful- Do Not burn down your kitchen!! you still need, a large cooking pot, and must have a Digital Scale to weigh everything. You'll just have to Search, and decide on, a recipe... I'm no expert on Extract making. One thing: AVOID the A/B extract teks' that call for harsh base chemicals. Good Luck! :ugeek:

Re: Vendor Blunders: cucu_mansyur

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:42 am
by IndelibleDotInk
What Ballz said.

It's important for you to post this so it won't happen to others in the same position.

Good idea on the extract, Ballz is pointing you in the right way. Also you'll probably want to read up on his and others' teas/red bubble/mass extracts.

....and to find way better vendors, use Ballz' coveted list to be found pinned to the top of the general page.

Good luck!

Re: Vendor Blunders: cucu_mansyur

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:43 am
by IndelibleDotInk
here, i did it for you: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6713[*]