Coronavirus discussion

Off topic forum for all non-kratom related discussion. Movies, music, sports, weather - anything goes! Come on in and start a thread for anything you want to talk about with your fellow kratomites.
Post Reply
Pete2000
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Pete2000 »

brave777 wrote:...if your not sick or ill, there is no reason you should be 14 days stay home.
This is not true. People who test positive for Covid but are asymptomatic can infect others.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/06/heal ... ssion.html
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by herbalhippie »

14 days at home is not going to be a problem if I have to do it. I don't even know if I need to get tested I was not in close contact with any of them except for him bringing me a book the other day. I messaged my doctor last night see what she says.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by herbalhippie »

I called the ICU and asked if he can have a book, because if he's not intubated, he's going to want one. Nurse says yeah, drop it off at the front desk.

What I kicked around the idea of taking him is Mary Trump's book. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What I'm actually going to take him is Dune and a book by Betty MacDonald called The Plague and I. He will appreciated the sick humor.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by herbalhippie »

He's intubated as of 4:30 this morning and flipped on his stomach (proning). They're giving him Remdesivir. He was on pressors but now off. Liver enzymes are up (I don't know why that is). Oxygen was 47% when he was admitted last night.

WEAR A FUCKING MASK, YOU GUYS!!!

edit: I guess liver/kidney failure can be a problem with Covid.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by herbalhippie »

Pete2000 wrote:
brave777 wrote:...if your not sick or ill, there is no reason you should be 14 days stay home.
This is not true. People who test positive for Covid but are asymptomatic can infect others.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/06/heal ... ssion.html
Absolutely.

I don't want to see any untrue/bad advice being given in this thread.
Jestrice2002
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Jestrice2002 »

herbalhippie wrote:My youngest daughter who lives at her dad's with him and her stepmom just called me. He got taken to the hospital by ambulance about a half hour ago. Oxygen level VERY low, he was 'loopy' she says. He fought going, she had to beg him to get in the ambulance.

This man REFUSED to wear a mask. He laughed at coronavirus. It's a hoax. There's no pandemic. He'd going shopping all over town like he does, get to the door of Costco, tell them he had a medical exemption and waltz right in. He's a rabid right-winger. Patriot type.

I guess he was sick for a few days. Refused to go to the doctor. Refused to get tested.

I'm pretty upset but mostly I AM FUCKING PISSED OFF. All he had to do was put a mask on his face for a half hour a couple times a day. Use hand sanitizer when he couldn't wash his hands.

edit: Hospital called my daughter. He's doing better on oxygen but they're putting him in the ICU in case they have to intubate him. He's A&O x4, so that's good. Covid positive. He can have NO visitors. I had to talk my other two daughters into not coming, there's no where safe for them to stay and as he can't have visitors.

Son and I are getting tested tomorrow. We don't hang out with family, haven't for months. But Dad brought me over an old classic sci-fi book 4 or 5 days ago and we chatted (at a distance) on my porch. left the book on the porch until yesterday and it's been very hot. I knew I should have Lysoled it.

Here's another thing pissed me right off. His wife was sick and tested positive TWO WEEKS ago and they didn't tell anyone. :evil:
That is BEYOND FUCKED UP! I can't believe how many purple don't take it seriously, or don't care enough about the people around them. I hope your kids and you are okay. My stepson's mom (who's a pharmacy tech, no less!) has been having SS's friends over, going to pool parties, and being otherwise negligent. I'm immunocompromised and have an infant, and my husband keeps saying, "Oh, they're being safe." Bullshit. :roll:
Jestrice2002
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Jestrice2002 »

herbalhippie wrote:He's intubated as of 4:30 this morning and flipped on his stomach (proning). They're giving him Remdesivir. He was on pressors but now off. Liver enzymes are up (I don't know why that is). Oxygen was 47% when he was admitted last night.

WEAR A FUCKING MASK, YOU GUYS!!!

edit: I guess liver/kidney failure can be a problem with Covid.
Wow, I'm so sorry! Yes, it can affect pretty much every organ. It's horrifying, how many complications (both acute and chronic) it can cause.
Jestrice2002
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Jestrice2002 »

brave777 wrote:Hh, testing positive, these days people aim for to get that 14 day pay stay home deal. Well thats how i start to feel about. This girl co-worker randomly decided to test herself for covid, and WHAAATTT sAYYY whhhaat??? BOOM! Positive...... Then she spams all over facebook she is covid positive. It automatic stay home 14 days here, not sure other states. after 14 days like nothing happened been working with us. No one is worried. If she never went to get tested no one would even know she were positive to begin with. And HH if you still didnt know covid never was isolated. The sticks they use is to catch any type of flu like symptoms and many times they false positive, you test again your negative. or shall i say positive? wait its negative!? Imagine how many have to be in isolation stay home orders because of that? A LOT!If your sick and and ill by all means stay home but if your not sick or ill, there is no reason you should be 14 days stay home.
What?!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by herbalhippie »

I'm very upset but I am also FURIOUS. At that whole right-wing, anti-mask, Covid is a hoax bullshit.
Jestrice2002
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Jestrice2002 »

herbalhippie wrote:I'm very upset but I am also FURIOUS. At that whole right-wing, anti-mask, Covid is a hoax bullshit.
Ooh, me too. It's hard to believe people could be so naive- and I'm probably being way too nice, with that word.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by brave777 »

Well i know some inside info which i will never share here. Virus is real. I can say it is in most popular places where you can come in contact with and is not always there. figure the clue. And i am being real.... if your sick go get tested and stay home!!We already short of people at work i am sure no one want to lose people being out 14 days, they do ask everyone every morning if anyone sick and not once any one left, this what i assume slowing down all the shipments, until that one person can get back from his/her 14 and ship your package finely. Why do you think it goes all over the country until you get your package? Covid is the name for public, from my study which not open to left wing here, it is a bacteria which if come in contact with, it starts by siting in your stomach, you become more and more hungry. because that bacteria eats half of that food. If your always hungry , i believe you need to get tested right away because that is a first symptom of what we call having covid 19. If not taken care of if it climbs into lungs then you are dead meat. it spread and feeds on lungs like wild fire that cant be stopped. Hard to breath and it starts spreading into all parts of body eating on your flesh. what else can i say? what can flush the bacteria out? Hot tea, any herbal tea, some herbal tea more better then other but any will do, you pee it out and its done deal. We all know high dose injection vitamin C will flush it out instantly but if doctor by chance does it for covid, he wont have a job. No doctor wants to risk a job. If you do go make sure you name it for other reason and never for covid. that usually passes but not always. Or get someone you trust and you wont tell on. I mean there is other ways. Isolation is a death sentence if not taken care of. Advil or pain meds wont help, it will help short term for pain only but your not flushing the bacteria out. From what i understand most people are given ibuprofen or Advil in isolation and if immune system is weak there is no chance you will make it. HH i highly advice get him some tea packages of any herbal once, like peppermint, chamomiles for example. They sell that tea any big store you go. And i hope he drinks it everyday, i really hope they allow him hot tea as well. because there is rules you cant have a lot of stuff on the list in isolation. I encourage everyone get tested if get sick, it is real but from my study it never spreads human to human. I am not a doc and thats my personal thoughts on this. fact or not, if i sense hostility i wont post in this thread anymore.

Edit: forgot to mention main point why plants work, that covid bacteria hates plants and never affects plants in a negetive way, when it comes in contact with herbal plant matter material in tea, it attaches to it and cant eat that away, until you pee it out. well that's the explanation i understood explained in my own words. Kratom is also a plant based material. So all those articles are not for no reason, someone knows about something about kratom and covid.
Last edited by brave777 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kratom user since 2014!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by herbalhippie »

I know high dose Vit C has been given, I don't know if they're giving it to him. the pulmonary doctor called my oldest daughter and asked about an immune modulating drug they're doing trials on. It's to help with the cytokine storm.

Patients treated with ruxolitinib saw a shorter median time to clinical improvement compared to the control group. Researchers reported that 90 percent% of ruxolitinib patients showed CT scan improvement within 14 days, compared with 9 percent of patients from the control group. Three patients in the control group eventually died of respiratory failure. All the severely ill patients who received ruxolitinib survived.

We ok'd it depending on how long they intend to give it to him for. I spent 15 minutes doing a quick research and it seems relatively safe.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by brave777 »

I highly advice to call every time, he will make it trough. because they know someone care about him. If you got no one to care for you, you risk die faster with no meds. Maybe no meds at all except some pain meds. I am glad you are calling to check on him, they got that one record. Everyone who has someone in isolation should call everyday if they care. I feel bad for all the single old people that have no one to look after or completely forgotten about or not loved. Doesnt matter if he for trump or obama, or biden or who ever, you have to take care of your close once, dont let the politics rule you. It also means a lot to someone who is in isolation knowing someone cares, like you bringing a book. And thank you for doing that, make sure you add lots of positive words each talk. this also slows down the fear of dieing because your in a positive state mind. Imagine what will happen to you if you being told all the negetive things, you wont want to live... also i know your a good person because you care. There is a lot of familys that give shits about their family members because of the past. Dont let that get to anyone, this stuff is real, even if you wished death to them before, this is not the time to do this. be their, support them, when they come out clean and healed they will be your best friend.

Forgot to add, Seaweed from Costco is plant matter and more effective because it attracts all kinds of nastys until you shit it all out. Veatnam time when soldeirs got affects by agent orange or had cancerss, thats what they were given "Seaweed" . And it worked. if can get him some seaweed, nasty or not, main thing you want is reults, right? But i assume that might not be allowed, you might have to cal and ask thought. I think you can get seaweed packages from most big stores too, costco is just cheaper and more.

Edit: Ahh: also forgot to mention, if you suspect you got it, avoid ALL MEAT!!! It thrives on it and grows in insane speed. Best thing is consuming as much green as possible, tea's, kratom, seaweed and everything alike. Its ok to increase kratom dose or double down on it temporary.
Kratom user since 2014!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by herbalhippie »

We may be changing our minds about the trial. Shingles is a common side effect. We're talking it over with the doctor in charge. Plus, the minute he's awake and able to make his own decisions he's probably going to tell them NO.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by brave777 »

I am glad you doing the research and taking care! also i adore and love tea's or any products from here https://shop.kauaifarmacy.com/?utm_sour ... d064d07f06 . Your immune build up is very very good from this small hawain farmers. Their tea is also amazing, if can afford, get it in a heart beat. anything with ginger even a bigger plus, they have a bunch of blends and they all taste amazing!!! Very recent and very FRESH FRESH! ALL plant from mother nature that will help your immune system.

if look around you can find invite links and you save 30% off your order and they also get 30% when they shop again, google it.
Kratom user since 2014!
User avatar
Quercus
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Quercus »

brave777 wrote:Well i know some inside info which i will never share here. Virus is real. I can say it is in most popular places where you can come in contact with and is not always there. figure the clue. And i am being real.... if your sick go get tested and stay home!!We already short of people at work i am sure no one want to lose people being out 14 days, they do ask everyone every morning if anyone sick and not once any one left, this what i assume slowing down all the shipments, until that one person can get back from his/her 14 and ship your package finely. Why do you think it goes all over the country until you get your package? Covid is the name for public, from my study which not open to left wing here, it is a bacteria which if come in contact with, it starts by siting in your stomach, you become more and more hungry. because that bacteria eats half of that food. If your always hungry , i believe you need to get tested right away because that is a first symptom of what we call having covid 19. If not taken care of if it climbs into lungs then you are dead meat. it spread and feeds on lungs like wild fire that cant be stopped. Hard to breath and it starts spreading into all parts of body eating on your flesh. what else can i say? what can flush the bacteria out? Hot tea, any herbal tea, some herbal tea more better then other but any will do, you pee it out and its done deal. We all know high dose injection vitamin C will flush it out instantly but if doctor by chance does it for covid, he wont have a job. No doctor wants to risk a job. If you do go make sure you name it for other reason and never for covid. that usually passes but not always. Or get someone you trust and you wont tell on. I mean there is other ways. Isolation is a death sentence if not taken care of. Advil or pain meds wont help, it will help short term for pain only but your not flushing the bacteria out. From what i understand most people are given ibuprofen or Advil in isolation and if immune system is weak there is no chance you will make it. HH i highly advice get him some tea packages of any herbal once, like peppermint, chamomiles for example. They sell that tea any big store you go. And i hope he drinks it everyday, i really hope they allow him hot tea as well. because there is rules you cant have a lot of stuff on the list in isolation. I encourage everyone get tested if get sick, it is real but from my study it never spreads human to human. I am not a doc and thats my personal thoughts on this. fact or not, if i sense hostility i wont post in this thread anymore.

Edit: forgot to mention main point why plants work, that covid bacteria hates plants and never affects plants in a negetive way, when it comes in contact with herbal plant matter material in tea, it attaches to it and cant eat that away, until you pee it out. well that's the explanation i understood explained in my own words. Kratom is also a plant based material. So all those articles are not for no reason, someone knows about something about kratom and covid.
Hey Brave, I totally understand that you are doing your own research and trying to avoid being fooled by the information out there. So much isn't understood about this disease and yeah, there is disinformation that makes it difficult to know what's really true. However, the disease COVID-19 is not caused by bacteria and the symptoms are not produced by bacterial action. It is caused by a virus. If there are any bacteria involved, they are associated with an opportunistic secondary infection but this is a viral disease, which is why it's so difficult to get under control. I worked with viruses for 35 years and my daughter is currently working on the COVID-19 virus; she's evaluating different drugs that can denature or block it without harming human cells. Please don't think I'm being hostile, I admire your curious mind and your search for knowledge and truth but I feel I have to correct this.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by BallzDeep9 »

herbalhippie wrote:I'm very upset but I am also FURIOUS. At that whole right-wing, anti-mask, Covid is a hoax bullshit.
yeah, WHO started to politicize the Pandemic ?? wearing a mask, respecting doctors and scientists? ... Guess WHO :twisted:

And they wonder why people protest? Flag burning even... Our country is full of morons!! National Epidemic of Mass Stupidity ... getting News from 1 propaganda channel, getting directions from anonymous YouTube comments (many by Russian trolls) ... and let's HATE the 1 guy Bill Gates, who is using his fortune to help people... And our leading scientists, Dr. Fauci, Dr. Osterholm: two of the best.

Just catching up here. So sorry to hear this hippie... My story IS ~ I was invited on a family gathering, 2 weeks ago. Trip to the beach! Yay!! And my ex- wife lives on the coast, and friends.. would have been nice to visit. But I found out, 2 of my nieces & their friends.. and other relatives, In-laws etc SO I said, NO thanks. Not going! ~ Well a few days after the gathering the 1 dude who is too busy to wear a mask... Gets a fever and headaches. Positive for COVID. :shock: This week everyone had to get tested, Good news so far nobody else is sick. Close Call. :?
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by herbalhippie »

I am just worn out with all of it. Politics. Coronavirus. People.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by brave777 »

Ballz you looking one sided, you are not talking about thousands of people who wear masks and even gloves in isolation. This affects everyone, it does not matter what your political stance is. AFFECTS EVERYONE! Masks or no mask, if it gets on your clothing, your contaminated. You touch your mask with bare hands, your contaminated. you pull your glove off with bare hand your contaminated. Thats if it gets on your clothing. People fiddle with their masks more then you think and itch their noses. Kratom on top of that wont help much when you get an itchy nose.
Kratom user since 2014!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by herbalhippie »

I'm sorry, I derailed this post into something political because I was mad and upset. Let's drop the politics here, take it to the political thread if you need to. My bad.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by brave777 »

Quercus wrote: Hey Brave, I totally understand that you are doing your own research and trying to avoid being fooled by the information out there. So much isn't understood about this disease and yeah, there is disinformation that makes it difficult to know what's really true. However, the disease COVID-19 is not caused by bacteria and the symptoms are not produced by bacterial action. It is caused by a virus. If there are any bacteria involved, they are associated with an opportunistic secondary infection but this is a viral disease, which is why it's so difficult to get under control. I worked with viruses for 35 years and my daughter is currently working on the COVID-19 virus; she's evaluating different drugs that can denature or block it without harming human cells. Please don't think I'm being hostile, I admire your curious mind and your search for knowledge and truth but I feel I have to correct this.
I completely understand you, it is indeed my own research and their is thousands of people who have their own research as well. We are all being fooled some degree. I admit i am not a scientist and i know not much about it but their is plenty of sources and videos how bacteria works. On the virus side of it no one knows much about it.
Quercus wrote: However, the disease COVID-19 is not caused by bacteria and the symptoms are not produced by bacterial action.
I will disagree on this point of line. Everyone knows their is tons of plastic in the ocean that you can even build cities on. How do you get rid of it? Bacteria! Why are they trowing this bacteria on plastic to eat itself up until it disappears? I hear their is even bacteria that eats glass or other types that eats metal. So its possible it is caused by the bacteria. No one really knows much about the virus on the other hand. So if a specific bacteria can do all this, what if it ends up on your clothing and you touch or brush your hand against your clothing then grab an apple and eat it. what will happen to you? We all know their is also beneficial bacteria but i am talking about that, talking about bacteria that eats stuff up. Call it a monster if you will. The reason i came to conclusion that plant matter helps is because i watched some video on youtube that talked about how bad bacteria can't touch plant matter. So in theory if it attaches to plant matter you can get rid of it? Now sure its just assumptions but maybe you know if that is possible since you worked in the field for 35 years? We all want answers and we are all tired of this craziness. And you were not hostile, i welcome your warm approach. I really hope your sister can test seaweed and kratom to see how positive patients react. would be interesting to see for everyone here i am sure.

Edit:
These bacteria eat plastic | Morgan Vague
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbW4XWkJC6w Ted from portland oregon

Edit: plastic eaten by bacteria
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... y+bacteria

Now they also found out they were killing bio life, fish and anything alive in the ocean. Plants were unharmed. By accident.

Edit: Honey: Bacteria's Worst Enemy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FlzHiURdTs

Guys if you can find local honey, always get some.. their is tons of info how good honey is. Not only packed with enxymes but also removes bad bacteria's. Just had to add this.
Last edited by brave777 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kratom user since 2014!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by herbalhippie »

brave, if there was some weird kind of plastic and metal eating bacteria in someone's blood that's in the hospital being treated for Covid, it would show up in blood tests and cultures. Bacteria always cultures out. This is a virus, not a bacteria.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by brave777 »

herbalhippie wrote:brave, if there was some weird kind of plastic and metal eating bacteria in someone's blood that's in the hospital being treated for Covid, it would show up in blood tests and cultures. Bacteria always cultures out. This is a virus, not a bacteria.
Perhaps, that i dont know. You need to ask them yourself.

I thought about it and i think Quercus is on to something, can a virus produce bacteria? what if covid is a virus and produces different not good bacteria's? Maybe thats why people get different symptoms? who knows... :?
Kratom user since 2014!
Jestrice2002
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Jestrice2002 »

Quercus wrote:
brave777 wrote:Well i know some inside info which i will never share here. Virus is real. I can say it is in most popular places where you can come in contact with and is not always there. figure the clue. And i am being real.... if your sick go get tested and stay home!!We already short of people at work i am sure no one want to lose people being out 14 days, they do ask everyone every morning if anyone sick and not once any one left, this what i assume slowing down all the shipments, until that one person can get back from his/her 14 and ship your package finely. Why do you think it goes all over the country until you get your package? Covid is the name for public, from my study which not open to left wing here, it is a bacteria which if come in contact with, it starts by siting in your stomach, you become more and more hungry. because that bacteria eats half of that food. If your always hungry , i believe you need to get tested right away because that is a first symptom of what we call having covid 19. If not taken care of if it climbs into lungs then you are dead meat. it spread and feeds on lungs like wild fire that cant be stopped. Hard to breath and it starts spreading into all parts of body eating on your flesh. what else can i say? what can flush the bacteria out? Hot tea, any herbal tea, some herbal tea more better then other but any will do, you pee it out and its done deal. We all know high dose injection vitamin C will flush it out instantly but if doctor by chance does it for covid, he wont have a job. No doctor wants to risk a job. If you do go make sure you name it for other reason and never for covid. that usually passes but not always. Or get someone you trust and you wont tell on. I mean there is other ways. Isolation is a death sentence if not taken care of. Advil or pain meds wont help, it will help short term for pain only but your not flushing the bacteria out. From what i understand most people are given ibuprofen or Advil in isolation and if immune system is weak there is no chance you will make it. HH i highly advice get him some tea packages of any herbal once, like peppermint, chamomiles for example. They sell that tea any big store you go. And i hope he drinks it everyday, i really hope they allow him hot tea as well. because there is rules you cant have a lot of stuff on the list in isolation. I encourage everyone get tested if get sick, it is real but from my study it never spreads human to human. I am not a doc and thats my personal thoughts on this. fact or not, if i sense hostility i wont post in this thread anymore.

Edit: forgot to mention main point why plants work, that covid bacteria hates plants and never affects plants in a negetive way, when it comes in contact with herbal plant matter material in tea, it attaches to it and cant eat that away, until you pee it out. well that's the explanation i understood explained in my own words. Kratom is also a plant based material. So all those articles are not for no reason, someone knows about something about kratom and covid.
Hey Brave, I totally understand that you are doing your own research and trying to avoid being fooled by the information out there. So much isn't understood about this disease and yeah, there is disinformation that makes it difficult to know what's really true. However, the disease COVID-19 is not caused by bacteria and the symptoms are not produced by bacterial action. It is caused by a virus. If there are any bacteria involved, they are associated with an opportunistic secondary infection but this is a viral disease, which is why it's so difficult to get under control. I worked with viruses for 35 years and my daughter is currently working on the COVID-19 virus; she's evaluating different drugs that can denature or block it without harming human cells. Please don't think I'm being hostile, I admire your curious mind and your search for knowledge and truth but I feel I have to correct this.
Thank you! I've been dying to say more, but I just have a measly biochem degree, and nobody takes me seriously. Knowing enough, though, drives me crazy daily. :(
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by brave777 »

Kratom user since 2014!
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Greyfeather »

Yeah.
No. This is all just bad trolling. I'm just fine being a sheep because I don't put my ego before common sense. Maybe give all of the secret-society, conspiracy theories and junk science a rest. Lately I just skip past your posts brave (and they ARE long). I seriously hope that you (or anyone you care about) don't get sick. The longer we refuse to work together to keep each other safe, the slower our return to some kind of 'normalcy' and more people are going to die. I don't think any of this is funny.
User avatar
Quercus
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Quercus »

I read a really interesting article on cnn.com about masks the other day. https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/08/us/duke- ... index.html It's about some research at Duke University that analyzed how effective various kinds of masks are at preventing droplet dispersal.

Quoting from the article:

In the study published Friday, researchers with Duke's physics department demonstrated the use of a simple method that uses a laser beam and cell phone to evaluate the efficiency of masks by studying the transmission of respiratory droplets during regular speech.

"We use a black box, a laser, and a camera," Martin Fischer, one of the authors of the study, told CNN. "The laser beam is expanded vertically to form a thin sheet of light, which we shine through slits on the left and right of the box."
In the front of the box is a hole where a speaker can talk into it. A cell phone camera is placed on the back of the box to record light that is scattered in all directions by the respiratory droplets that cut through the laser beam when they talk.

A simple computer algorithm then counts the droplets seen in the video.


The results did show that some kinds of masks are useless or almost so (like bandanas) but more to the point, it proved that masks can indeed prevent dispersal of respiratory droplets that contain virus particles. The most effective ones are the N95 ones that have been fitted for medical use but they found that simple cotton masks perform pretty well, too.

There's a lot more info in the article. Anyway, for those with doubts about the effectiveness of masks, it's worth checking out.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by herbalhippie »

I think I saw that. Also saw an article withing the last couple days says that neck gaiters are the worst thing to use. I did buy a couple really pretty ones but I've only worn them when I know the store is not going to be packed, like during seniors hour. I like them because you can have it bunched up over your mouth for better protection and less bunched up over your nose so you can breathe easier.
User avatar
Quercus
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Quercus »

herbalhippie wrote:I think I saw that. Also saw an article withing the last couple days says that neck gaiters are the worst thing to use. I did buy a couple really pretty ones but I've only worn them when I know the store is not going to be packed, like during seniors hour. I like them because you can have it bunched up over your mouth for better protection and less bunched up over your nose so you can breathe easier.
Yes! I do the same thing with the neck gaiters! There was a while when I couldn't find a mask anywhere and I can barely thread a needle, let alone make my own so the neck gaiters were all I had.

How is your ex? Is he doing any better. I was really sorry to hear he'd come down with COVID-19. Even when someone is a complete idiot about this virus, I still hate to see anyone come down with it. I don't know if this helps or not but my 95 year old Uncle survived his bout with it and that was after surviving two bouts of pneumonia in a row. Hoping your ex is one of the lucky ones!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by herbalhippie »

He's doing good, considering. Oxygen sats 95-97% on the vent. Blood pressure just a little low but they're keeping him a little dry so his lungs don't get soggy. Yeah, he's doing about as well as we could hope. I just dropped off a card and some boxes of candy for the ICU nurses, one box for day shift and one for night. I learned that from r/nursing. Day shift never leaves any goodies for night shift. :lol:
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by brave777 »

Greyfeather wrote:Yeah.
No. This is all just bad trolling. I'm just fine being a sheep because I don't put my ego before common sense. Maybe give all of the secret-society, conspiracy theories and junk science a rest. Lately I just skip past your posts brave (and they ARE long). I seriously hope that you (or anyone you care about) don't get sick. The longer we refuse to work together to keep each other safe, the slower our return to some kind of 'normalcy' and more people are going to die. I don't think any of this is funny.
Your not alone, we are all sheep to some extend. I am not trolling. Honestly i spend over 300$ on neck gaiters, i switch them every quarter at work, and i like them because i bought the most fashionable once i could find. I got some that i didnt like, but it is what it is, i was learning and getting the feel of different material. I dont wear masks any where where its not needed and if required i pick a nice neck gaiter and a sexy hat. I am not one of those freaks with gloves all the way to elbows and N95 mask 24.7, drive, sleep, eat with it. But one thing for sure neck gaiters is the style these days.

The getting back normal you say?
That normal will be new normal then a new normal again then a new normal again. until your in your chains on your legs flipping burgers for big company's. Or end up in Chinese factory's making toys. carefull when you say normal, a lot have not signed up for it, and we all know how politicians do it.

Grey you dont have to read my post as well, and i didnt have to share anything also, i am actually wasting my time and no one cares anyways. i sometime ask why do i even care for people? i ll leave you guys with the main stream media stories you guys can share with each other, since no once gives an F what i think about or my research.
Kratom user since 2014!
Jestrice2002
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Jestrice2002 »

Id rather follow the research of people who have spent their whole lives studying these matters, not someone who picks the "fashionable" protection - no offense. But, if you're not willing to be safe and protect those around you, or join the community as a whole to try and get back to a better new normal, then it doesn't really sound like you care about people, to me. I just wish that didn't have the potential to cause a ripple effect.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by brave777 »

Jestrice2002 wrote:Id rather follow the research of people who have spent their whole lives studying these matters, not someone who picks the "fashionable" protection - no offense. But, if you're not willing to be safe and protect those around you, or join the community as a whole to try and get back to a better new normal, then it doesn't really sound like you care about people, to me. I just wish that didn't have the potential to cause a ripple effect.

it did , everyone i know , f**s sakes even at work, there will always will be one or two apples that will be scared 24/7 but i know why, iam just glad most workers they dont have time for dump news. we get so tired and so limited on time to waste it on zombie box. Fashion is what it turned into if you ask me, and i am being honest with you. Whos lifes studing this? i know right, CNN got it right or Fox, but shit networks if you ask me, one for trumpers another one against him, and we fighting like ants, time to step out of this two sided shit show and think for your self. Most people realizing and already did its a big shit show, now their is tons of videos showing up how this shit train started to roll in a first place, Simulation is the word, all the way back 2008 when many got on board with it. Yap you heard it right Jestrice. I dont wish to drop videos and educate anyone here, i don't get paid for that. so the opinionated we go.

you need no worry everyone got their own neck gaiters around me friends, far friends, family. HH is right it is easy to breath in them and will stop a droplet. what else you need? There will always be some apple that stricly wear n95 masks, have you weared over 13 hours at work before?????:? THAT SHIT IS INSANE, your ear will falll off.... no thank you hosay. cause of this shit, i spend 300$ on corona masks... Not to mention tons of people ending up in ER for cutting off their oxygen. it goes way below Ocea recommended standards.... Covering your nose is a fast way to end up in a hospital, just spend 10 min of research what will happen to you and you will learn fast what not to do. Bhaaaa bhaaa

This is how 90 prevent of people feel about it around me and everyone i talked too... I had this one girl gasping for air and almost hit the ground good thing i was near by to catch her, i told her what will happen to her if she continues to block her oxygen. now problem solved and she dont have that issue now. she told me it happened to her like 6 times..... All this time she had her nose cover with an N95, next day she came in with a diomond sparkes mask, aparently their is one perosn on job who makes them and sells them, i see it more and more females wearing. With out realizing all this mess is turning into fasion, its not that what i want, its what i observe. its like who ever has coolest mask has highest status. Lol weird sub-conscious trends.
Kratom user since 2014!
Jestrice2002
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Jestrice2002 »

brave777 wrote:
Jestrice2002 wrote:Id rather follow the research of people who have spent their whole lives studying these matters, not someone who picks the "fashionable" protection - no offense. But, if you're not willing to be safe and protect those around you, or join the community as a whole to try and get back to a better new normal, then it doesn't really sound like you care about people, to me. I just wish that didn't have the potential to cause a ripple effect.

it did , everyone i know , f**s sakes even at work, there will always will be one or two apples that will be scared 24/7 but i know why, iam just glad most workers they dont have time for dump news. we get so tired and so limited on time to waste it on zombie box. Fashion is what it turned into if you ask me, and i am being honest with you. Whos lifes studing this? i know right, CNN got it right or Fox, but shit networks if you ask me, one for trumpers another one against him, and we fighting like ants, time to step out of this two sided shit show and think for your self. Most people realizing and already did its a big shit show, now their is tons of videos showing up how this shit train started to roll in a first place, Simulation is the word, all the way back 2008 when many got on board with it. Yap you heard it right Jestrice. I dont wish to drop videos and educate anyone here, i don't get paid for that. so the opinionated we go.

you need no worry everyone got their own neck gaiters around me friends, far friends, family. HH is right it is easy to breath in them and will stop a droplet. what else you need? There will always be some apple that stricly wear n95 masks, have you weared over 13 hours at work before?????:? THAT SHIT IS INSANE, your ear will falll off.... no thank you hosay. cause of this shit, i spend 300$ on corona masks... Not to mention tons of people ending up in ER for cutting off their oxygen. it goes way below Ocea recommended standards.... Covering your nose is a fast way to end up in a hospital, just spend 10 min of research what will happen to you and you will learn fast what not to do. Bhaaaa bhaaa

This is how 90 prevent of people feel about it around me and everyone i talked too... I had this one girl gasping for air and almost hit the ground good thing i was near by to catch her, i told her what will happen to her if she continues to block her oxygen. now problem solved and she dont have that issue now. she told me it happened to her like 6 times..... All this time she had her nose cover with an N95, next day she came in with a diomond sparkes mask, aparently their is one perosn on job who makes them and sells them, i see it more and more females wearing. With out realizing all this mess is turning into fasion, its not that what i want, its what i observe.
I only got to where you mentioned CNN and Fox. No, I'm talking about the researchers, biochemists, and virologists who have been studying for decades. The ones who taught me everything I know - which is only the slightest fraction of their knowledge. The studies that can be replicated, and the decades of journal articles that will be referenced in these new studies...

For the people who actually understand what's going on, and the people who know their mom /brother /child could fall into that small percentage of deaths, it's real and they'll do what's needed to get through this. Unfortunately, it's the other purple out there who are inhibiting or progress.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by brave777 »

oh my bad i thought you were talking about the news... study thought even professionals their opinions split, you dont know who to believe. we really dont. show me one video or some source to look into? not news, someone who knows what they are talking about. you seem well rounded and i want to learn see what study says about this.
Kratom user since 2014!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by herbalhippie »

My kiddos just did a Zoom to talk to their dad while they had him on his back. Oldest daughter sent me a pic. His color looks very good. They were going to flip him back prone after the Zoom so it's easier to breathe.
User avatar
Quercus
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Quercus »

herbalhippie wrote:My kiddos just did a Zoom to talk to their dad while they had him on his back. Oldest daughter sent me a pic. His color looks very good. They were going to flip him back prone after the Zoom so it's easier to breathe.
That's terrific news! I hope he's out of the hospital soon!
Jestrice2002
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Jestrice2002 »

brave777 wrote:oh my bad i thought you were talking about the news... study thought even professionals their opinions split, you dont know who to believe. we really dont. show me one video or some source to look into? not news, someone who knows what they are talking about. you seem well rounded and i want to learn see what study says about this.
No, I'm all about the actual science behind it. I know a lot of the basics from school, but a good place to start would be an online journal, such as nejm.org. Or, you could Google "journal articles covid" or such.

These sources good the most weight for me because the whole point of science is to replicate our refute. It's meant to be proven wrong (or attempted, at least). You can find great statistics and unbiased information; reputable journals rigorously examine before they'll publish.

I'm glad you're looking to expand what you know. It's a neverending quest, but it's definitely interesting. In this case, somewhat depressing, as well.
Jestrice2002
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Jestrice2002 »

herbalhippie wrote:My kiddos just did a Zoom to talk to their dad while they had him on his back. Oldest daughter sent me a pic. His color looks very good. They were going to flip him back prone after the Zoom so it's easier to breathe.
That's great to hear. I'm glad he's able to handle the time on his back. I hope he improves quickly.
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Greyfeather »

brave777 wrote:
Greyfeather wrote:Yeah.
No. This is all just bad trolling. I'm just fine being a sheep because I don't put my ego before common sense. Maybe give all of the secret-society, conspiracy theories and junk science a rest. Lately I just skip past your posts brave (and they ARE long). I seriously hope that you (or anyone you care about) don't get sick. The longer we refuse to work together to keep each other safe, the slower our return to some kind of 'normalcy' and more people are going to die. I don't think any of this is funny.
Your not alone, we are all sheep to some extend. I am not trolling. Honestly i spend over 300$ on neck gaiters, i switch them every quarter at work, and i like them because i bought the most fashionable once i could find. I got some that i didnt like, but it is what it is, i was learning and getting the feel of different material. I dont wear masks any where where its not needed and if required i pick a nice neck gaiter and a sexy hat. I am not one of those freaks with gloves all the way to elbows and N95 mask 24.7, drive, sleep, eat with it. But one thing for sure neck gaiters is the style these days.

The getting back normal you say?
That normal will be new normal then a new normal again then a new normal again. until your in your chains on your legs flipping burgers for big company's. Or end up in Chinese factory's making toys. carefull when you say normal, a lot have not signed up for it, and we all know how politicians do it.

Grey you dont have to read my post as well, and i didnt have to share anything also, i am actually wasting my time and no one cares anyways. i sometime ask why do i even care for people? i ll leave you guys with the main stream media stories you guys can share with each other, since no once gives an F what i think about or my research.
I think you have an incredibly pure heart, brave. That's why I missed you when you went missing from MM for a while. It's not my place to judge and I'm sorry if I offended. I guess I just don't understand your personal sense of humor. I think that I need to get out and get some fresh air. :?
Post Reply