Page 1 of 1
What's your favorite candy?
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:42 pm
by xymoriintus
My all time favorite candy is Lemonheads! They're just the perfect candy, sweet, sour, crunchy. Idk. I love them for sure! What's your favorite candy? Totally understand if most of you don't eat it anymore. Just thought it'd be a fun question to ask
Re: What's your favorite candy?
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:54 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
too many to list, now doing keto diet with no sugar.
for awhile ginger candies were included with kratom orders from more than a few vendors. dunno if those people still do that; it was a neat, appreciated treat.
Re: What's your favorite candy?
Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:51 am
by Lokey
For some reason I started wanting candy late at night after doing kratom for awhile and during the pandemic. Anxiety? Maybe because I no longer drink wine and I used to smoke cigarettes but I quit wine due to kratom taking away its effects and my desire for it. Quit cigs in 1986. I got ginger candies with some kratom and bought some of my own after that but I use oblates so don't really need it to clear the kratom taste from my palate.
Went back to some childhood favorites which include lemonheads and good n plenty. I now keep candies on hand and usually have some after dinner or later at night while watching TV. I'm not married so no one to judge (except me) although my mom, sister and son say I shouldn't. I got some Xmas soft mints from Enhanciosa and really liked them so got big tubs of them ...thanks Enhanciosa. I got jelly beans from Nova Kratom, I love jelly bellies, so then I got a bag of those, they're expensive and didn't last long between my son and I. I love red hots but they're hard to find, but Walgreens Kind brand cinnamon discs are good (and butterscotch and fruit and much cheaper than Jolly Ranchers). I think red hots, good n plenty and lemonheads are my favorites, can't pick one!
Re: What's your favorite candy?
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:20 am
by IndelibleDotInk
try milk candies, they're chewy and creamy. the candy is white and there's a rabbit on the wrapper.
https://smile.amazon.com/White-Rabbit-C ... 183&sr=8-2
Re: What's your favorite candy?
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:17 am
by Lokey
Pretty pricey, never heard of them but I'm intrigued and it said only one left so I ordered but several times when it's said only one left they magically still have more after I order. I love they don't have corn syrup.
I like the kratom root beer salt water taffy, I was buying those from YLYL but too pricey.
I canceled my order because right after I ordered the price went way down and it changed to in stock instead of only one left, was going to reorder but the most recent reviews say they're hard and stale.
I'm going to do more research on these.
Re: What's your favorite candy?
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:37 am
by IndelibleDotInk
Lokey wrote: ↑Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:17 am
Pretty pricey, never heard of them but I'm intrigued and it said only one left so I ordered but several times when it's said only one left they magically still have more after I order. I love they don't have corn syrup.
I like the kratom root beer salt water taffy, I was buying those from YLYL but too pricey.
They're commonly available here, mostly Longs/CVS. There is an inner wrapper made of rice paper, it's a nice touch. But the first 30 seconds, the candy is a little too hard, imo, but smooths out. If it were less of a chunk of rock for half a minute, it'd be a perfect ten.
Re: What's your favorite candy?
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:43 am
by Lokey
So far I've found Chinese, Japanese, Thai and Italian ones, and the ones I canceled are back to only one left and higher price but right after I ordered they were 32% off and in stock. That happens with a lot of things. The Italian is different though, they are tablets.
Re: What's your favorite candy?
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:46 am
by IndelibleDotInk
i didn't know there was more than just the rabbit brand. never heard of anything else.
Re: What's your favorite candy?
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:54 am
by Lokey
IndelibleDotInk wrote: ↑Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:46 am
i didn't know there was more than just the rabbit brand. never heard of anything else.
Here's the Japanese ones. They still get conflicting reviews though, the ingredients are simple, if I get ambitious I might look for a recipe and try to make them.
Fujiya - Milky Candy 4.2 oz
https://a.co/d/hBClt4r
Re: What's your favorite candy?
Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:00 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
Lokey wrote: ↑Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:54 am
IndelibleDotInk wrote: ↑Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:46 am
i didn't know there was more than just the rabbit brand. never heard of anything else.
Here's the Japanese ones. They still get conflicting reviews though, the ingredients are simple, if I get ambitious I might look for a recipe and try to make them.
Fujiya - Milky Candy 4.2 oz
https://a.co/d/hBClt4r
hmm, i can't vouch for any but the rabbit ones.
Re: What's your favorite candy?
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:17 pm
by Herba Rosa
Cella's Chocolate Cherries!!! And any chocolate with sweet liqueur inside it.
Re: What's your favorite candy?
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:19 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
don't get me started with choc coated cherries... choc anything!
a lot of people here are in our coffee group on mewe (if you're not, come join us, msg me on mewe, it's free.. my screen name is "indelibledotink ."
so as a treat to us all i made a batch of choc coated espresso, but in my excitement, I forgot to include any msg inside the box. and the weather, well, some people got a big rock of what they suspected could be hazardous, and i think only one person got in edible shape.
big laughs
but please, come and join us! Mr. Beck "btotheeck" home roasts and i have literally had the best coffee ever. one bag will cost as much as a bag from the supermarket, and that includes shipping. I have a subscription to bean box and I frequently delay the next order because I am wild about our beans here!
Re: What's your favorite candy?
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:34 am
by HappyD
Gotta say ever since my first order showed up with that ginger candy “gin-gins” in it I’ve been hooked on those things.
Re: What's your favorite candy?
Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:09 am
by brassy
My favorite is candied crystallized ginger. And my favorite kind of candied ginger is the one that comes in cubes rather than slices. (it's still absolutely saturated with sugar but it isn't rolled in sugar crystals).
I'm kind of afraid to buy it because I can easily scarf down a pint in a couple hours.