Page 1 of 1

I ordered Low Dose Naltrexone

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:30 pm
by RumRunner
So much fire these days that my tolerance is shot. So my LDN is coming. My question is about dosage timing and amount. Anyone with experience and advice?

Re: I ordered Low Dose Naltrexone

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:54 pm
by FartBlaster
Balls has a thread on this. Go on Reddit and do research you should be careful how you dose that or your gonna have a bad time. If you pizza when you're supposed to French fry your gonna have a bad time. :D

Re: I ordered Low Dose Naltrexone

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:10 pm
by BallzDeep9
I think the Facebook group is alot more active, But there's a Reddit sub: https://www.reddit.com/r/LowDoseNaltrexone/

Definitely start slow and low.. I'd start with ULDN, unless you have a reason - Hashimoto's disease or some weird auto-immune disorder, or cancer maybe? I'm interested in ULDN, but the huge hassle of carefully measuring into 100 parts - OR get really sick if you screw up - had kept me away. But.. please keep us posted! Start by getting a Measuring Cylinder from Amazon HERE

You didn't say, so I assume you're getting the standard Naltrexone 50 Mg tablets ?? That's the problem, breaking that down into 10 EQUAL parts. Then further separating each 5 mg part, down to, as many as 5000 equal parts in order to measure: 100 micrograms or whatever, for ULDN.. The whole idea is to start slow and then gradually increase as needed.

EDIT: Update the Math. Personally I would not use the 50 mg Naltrexone tablets. I would go to a compounding pharmacy. :ugeek:

LDN Info, LINK: https://www.khemcorp.com/proglumide-and ... -reversal/

Re: I ordered Low Dose Naltrexone

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:21 am
by Greyfeather
RumRunner wrote:So much fire these days that my tolerance is shot. So my LDN is coming. My question is about dosage timing and amount. Anyone with experience and advice?
I know this will sound like a dumb question, but how do you just "order" something like this? Is is prescription? And, if so, how does one go about convincing a MD that you need it?

This is just every-day curiosity really. I find MDs very difficult to work with. Most are males (who know Waaaay better than I how my own body works), don't prescribe anything for me unless I can convince them that THEY thought of it first :x

God luck with this project :)

Re: I ordered Low Dose Naltrexone

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:42 pm
by oohger
Greyfeather. A new sign was posted this week in my Dr. Office of six years . "Medicare pays me to examine you for 20 minutes. Please don't speak until asked." Thank You. Dr. MALE. After hello, a prostate check, and explaining my blood work results ........ this went up and this went down, he told me that i should loose weight. I was a notable 22 pounds lighter compared to my visit 3 months earlier. Searching for a new Dr. ;)

Re: I ordered Low Dose Naltrexone

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:04 pm
by BallzDeep9
Greyfeather wrote:dumb question, but how do you just "order" something like this? Is is prescription? And, if so, how does one go about convincing a MD that you need it?
Not dumb, good questions. Naltrexone IS a prescription drug, but not a controlled substance. Use the Search Bar. We have discussed All Day Chemist, and other online sources for drugs in this category. Heck I can google Canadian pharmacy and order Naltrexone.

Big Problem: standard Naltrexone pills are 50 Mg. For ULDN you want micrograms - Mcg also the symbol is μg. People are taking like 10 μg. Do the math... that's splitting one 50 Mg pill into 50,000 equal parts :shock:

Strongly advice anyone, do your Research. Join the Facebook group for LDN. Read all the stuff online. One tip I got from the FB group, there is a online compounding pharmacy, known as Suki = they sell Naltrexone in pills as low as 1 mg. Prices are high. Supply and Demand I guess.. here's the LINK https://www.buyldn.com/naltrexlow

So I'm lucky to have found a "cool" Primary Care Doc.. as I've posted on other threads.. Find an Adult doctor who is an Internal Medicine specialist. Some of my questions: How many Chronic Pain patients, do you have? How are you treating your patients with Opioid Analgesics? What do you know, about Kratom? etc - ask these questions!!

I have asked my Doc about LDN, and she's willing to discuss, prescribing it.. She is aware that it's used off-label for depression. Your Doc can write a prescription, to be filled at a local Compounding Pharmacy. Any good doctor, should be familiar with off-label use of prescription drugs.. it's very common!

Re: I ordered Low Dose Naltrexone

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:20 pm
by Greyfeather
Thanks B :)

Trying to reduce that medication sounds like a job of WORK :o