Kratom constipation

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
krathead
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 05, 2022 10:46 am

Kratom constipation

Post by krathead »

I've been struggling with kratom-induced constipation lately. It's strange because I have IBS-D and previously strictly had diarrhea so its kind of like kratom is overcorrecting it. It got so bad I had to use an enema a month ago. Magnesium citrate pills help but I still have a hard time, just not as much. What is the protocol for preventing this?
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by Roofdog »

krathead wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:00 am I've been struggling with kratom-induced constipation lately. It's strange because I have IBS-D and previously strictly had diarrhea so its kind of like kratom is overcorrecting it. It got so bad I had to use an enema a month ago. Magnesium citrate pills help but I still have a hard time, just not as much. What is the protocol for preventing this?
My experience: drink a lot of water throughout the day. Thats very important. I take a powdered magnesium supplement that works very well. I will get the name when i get home from work. Whats you gpd ?
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by Kelleytoons »

It's also important not to take too much - remember that less is more.

I find that since I've cut my dose down from 6-8 grams per dose to 2.5-3 grams not only is the experience better, but I don't have any constipation at all. (But, yes, drink lots of water and get lots of fiber in your diet).
User avatar
add to descartes
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:33 pm

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by add to descartes »

if mag citrate (the most potent form of magnesium) isn't helping, you might have a problem.

water and fiber is important, as has been mentioned. try eating some bananas and prunes (also may be named dried plums). prune juice is good but it's missing something that is only found in actual prunes.

if that doesnt work, you could try some light laxatives. miralax and senokot can be helpful. the only reason I know this is because I recently had some issues for the first time, even though I've been using kratom for years. I used the combination of miralax and senokot, along with some small diet changes, and within about two days I was back to normal.

don't know about the stronger laxatives. but if the only thing that helped before was an enema, I'd suggest going to see your primary care physician. you may need a referral to see a gastroenterologist. you may want to do that anyway, even if it clears up soon. I'm assuming you already have seen one because of the IBS diagnosis, but if you're still having these sorts of issues, don't be afraid to make a new appointment.
kratomites of the world, unite!
pray4peace4
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by pray4peace4 »

Miralax, also known as polyethylene glycol, is the perfect solution for me. Mix one cap-ful in a cup of water & drink every other day. As laxatives go it's very very mild, mostly just makes poops softer without the typical blowout.
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by Lokey »

I take mag citrate every night and also prune juice with pulp and psyllium husk. It's a pain to drink every night but does help.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by BallzDeep9 »

  • Magnesium Citrate, along with my kratom, daily. #1 potentiator!
  • Prune Juice, most days around Lunch time. Half cup works for me.
  • Take a Docusate Sodium pill before bedtime, maybe once a week.
  • Coffee, I'm down to 1 good cup for Breakfast.
  • Mirilax only as needed, couple times a month at most.
Find your Balance. Prune Juice is great, but some people are sensitive to it... Same with Magnesium, for me it's 1 quarter Tsp per day. Constipation is NOT caused by "powder", it's caused by the opioid LIKE effect on Gut motility - Your guts are where Mitragynine gets absorbed. Its like your gut gets sedated and stops moving... So get up and Exercise! and hydrate! and EAT good food, fruits and veggies daily... All these things are important!

Remember: "Empty Bowels" :geek: when you're constipated, is when Tolerance hits and... Kratom stops working. Because you're constipated! :lol:
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Redlion40
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:43 am

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by Redlion40 »

A tablespoon of ghee, a handful of raisins, and a cup of hot water. Take all of that together and you'll be crapping in no time.
User avatar
kwest13
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by kwest13 »

BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:57 pm
  • Magnesium Citrate, along with my kratom, daily. #1 potentiator!
  • Prune Juice, most days around Lunch time. Half cup works for me.
  • Take a Docusate Sodium pill before bedtime, maybe once a week.
  • Coffee, I'm down to 1 good cup for Breakfast.
  • Mirilax only as needed, couple times a month at most.
Find your Balance. Prune Juice is great, but some people are sensitive to it... Same with Magnesium, for me it's 1 quarter Tsp per day. Constipation is NOT caused by "powder", it's caused by the opioid LIKE effect on Gut motility - Your guts are where Mitragynine gets absorbed. Its like your gut gets sedated and stops moving.

Remember: "Empty Bowels" :geek: when you're constipated, is when Tolerance hits and... Kratom stops working. Because you're constipated! :lol:
Sunsweet Prune juice is GOD. I'm so glad I read up on that awhile back. I believe they have a low sugar one as well if needed.
Carbonation pairs good with the prune juice if the constipation is being stubborn. I don't have any sugar issues so i'll sip on a Sprite or something. But sparkling waters, LaCroix etc. are good stuff.
I'm not a coffee drinker but I bet it works great.
Tons of water should be a given. Even without constipation.
Colace (docusate sodium 100mg) works great. PSA: Colace costs ~$8 for 30 softgels I think. I was at Costco and found a bottle of Kirkland brand docusate sodium 100mg. 400 softgels for $6.99. I thought I was seeing things. Grabbed it instantly.
Exercise is also huge for jumpstarting the digestive system.
I always have a couple of bottles of Magnesium Citrate just in case (they are only like ~$1). But after you drink a bottle of that, I wouldn't be making plans to go anywhere for awhile.

The only thing I disagree with are the laxatives. I am totally for laxatives, I just think they should be used only if none of the above are working. Article: Don't bomb the bowel with laxatives. From what I understand, stool softeners are just fine to take on the regular. Colace has a version with a built-in stimulant laxative, so I make sure to get the original non-laxative one.
BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:57 pm... So get up and Exercise! and hydrate! and EAT good food, fruits and veggies daily... All these things are important!
AMEN!
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by Roofdog »

Senna tea works very well also. Theres a tea called smooth move that has senna in it. This will clean you out. I get a slight stomach ache with it but not too bad.
User avatar
Chiqqen
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:54 am

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by Chiqqen »

I used to have this issue very frequently, to the point where I started keeping a thing of Miralax, Stool Softeners, and Laxative pills in my kratom cabinet (lol)

What I found worked for me, was drinking LOADS of water throughout the day, as well as keeping up my electrolyte levels. It's important to remember that Kratom is a diuretic, so it does dehydrate you.
Coupling this with alot of fiber intake throughout the day and overall eating and being healthy, it not only potentiates the efficacy of Kratom (it almost seems more effective, the healthier you are) but it also helps your body in processing the powder without it clogging you up or making bowl movements uncomfortable.
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by Roofdog »

Chiqqen wrote: ↑Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:35 am I used to have this issue very frequently, to the point where I started keeping a thing of Miralax, Stool Softeners, and Laxative pills in my kratom cabinet (lol)

What I found worked for me, was drinking LOADS of water throughout the day, as well as keeping up my electrolyte levels. It's important to remember that Kratom is a diuretic, so it does dehydrate you.
Coupling this with alot of fiber intake throughout the day and overall eating and being healthy, it not only potentiates the efficacy of Kratom (it almost seems more effective, the healthier you are) but it also helps your body in processing the powder without it clogging you up or making bowl movements uncomfortable.
As far as the electrolyte issue i use a product called liquid IV. I take one every morning after my first dose and it works excellent. I dont get the headaches like I did when i first started taking kratom daily.
FartBlaster
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 685
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by FartBlaster »

I get this too one heavy dose if Metamucil at night eliminated all problems
Eu4oric906
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:16 pm
Location: Upper Michigan

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by Eu4oric906 »

FartBlaster wrote: ↑Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:52 am I get this too one heavy dose if Metamucil at night eliminated all problems
Love that you’re weighing in here. :lol:
User avatar
BookofEnoch1914
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:00 am
Location: Virginia USA

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by BookofEnoch1914 »

Eu4oric906 wrote: ↑Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:58 pm
FartBlaster wrote: ↑Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:52 am I get this too one heavy dose if Metamucil at night eliminated all problems
Love that you’re weighing in here. :lol:
Haha!!!
Confuscious Say "One Cannot Blast Farts Who's Pathways Are Not Clear!"
Last edited by BookofEnoch1914 on Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loveandpeace
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 756
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:12 am
Location: San Fernando Valley, L.A.

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by Loveandpeace »

Roofdog wrote: ↑Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:46 am Senna tea works very well also. Theres a tea called smooth move that has senna in it. This will clean you out. I get a slight stomach ache with it but not too bad.
Roof,

I think we have very similar bodies as far as dosage and feeling effects and such. You also mentioned TFH and D615 having most of what you need. I am similar as well with LSMS in as my third go to.

Smooth move is a perfect solution to mu kind of problems as well. Follow the directions though.
SaintedHeretic
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:04 pm

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by SaintedHeretic »

I was primarily using miralax to combat constipation but recently started taking Zenwise digestive enzymes and it's been a complete game changer.
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by Roofdog »

Loveandpeace wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:54 am
Roofdog wrote: ↑Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:46 am Senna tea works very well also. Theres a tea called smooth move that has senna in it. This will clean you out. I get a slight stomach ache with it but not too bad.
Roof,

I think we have very similar bodies as far as dosage and feeling effects and such. You also mentioned TFH and D615 having most of what you need. I am similar as well with LSMS in as my third go to.

Smooth move is a perfect solution to mu kind of problems as well. Follow the directions though.
Yes the senna works well. I see a functional Wellness Dr and she turned me onto 2 products, a powdered Magnesium called opti-mag and a powdered vit C called potent C. This combo cleans me out daily. Sorry for the TMI...lol. only problem they are pharmaceutical grade supplements so I havent been able to purchase them outside of going through my FW dr.
And finding TFH, D16, and LSMS was a game changer for me, and im sure a lot of others. All 3 of these vendors actually care about the people purchasing their products. That is HUGE!!! for me.
Redlion40
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:43 am

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by Redlion40 »

For anybody taking senna please don't make it an everyday thing. Your body will become dependent on it and you won't be able to go without it. You definitely do not want that.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by BallzDeep9 »

SaintedHeretic wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:14 am I was primarily using miralax to combat constipation but recently started taking, Zenwise digestive enzymes - and it's been a complete game changer.
Hey I'm looking at the Zenwise products now - IF you don't mind, which one ? They've got over a dozen different products, all "Digestive Enzymes". :ugeek:

Leaning toward the "Wise N Regular", but idk don't wanna be too Regular... if ya know what I mean. OR, the "No Bloat" stuff ? But my farts are under control. For now anyway :lol:

Thanks for that Tip!! 8-)
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
PeteSteel
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:08 am

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by PeteSteel »

Just take the generic Colace which is "Docusate Sodium". It is just a "stool softener" NOT a colon stimulant like Ex-Lax. It comes in regular strength (100mg) and extra strength. It isn't absorbed by the body... If one or two of those don't work I suggest an saline enema. Always good to take probiotics also (yogurt, kombucha, probiotic supplements...)... If it's really bad and you have tried all the above, you will have to go to the GI stimulants, Ex-Lax...
**Update- forgot to add drink lots of water when you take these products....

This message brought to you by your friendly Respiratory Therapist....😷
K since 2015 🔥🎸🔥
SaintedHeretic
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:04 pm

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by SaintedHeretic »

BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:52 pm
SaintedHeretic wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:14 am I was primarily using miralax to combat constipation but recently started taking, Zenwise digestive enzymes - and it's been a complete game changer.
Hey I'm looking at the Zenwise products now - IF you don't mind, which one ? They've got over a dozen different products, all "Digestive Enzymes". :ugeek:

Leaning toward the "Wise N Regular", but idk don't wanna be too Regular... if ya know what I mean. OR, the "No Bloat" stuff ? But my farts are under control. For now anyway :lol:

Thanks for that Tip!! 8-)
This is the one I've been using

Zenwise Digestive Enzymes Plus Prebiotics & Probiotics Supplement, 180 Servings, Vegan Formula for Better Digestion & Lactose Absorption with Amylase & Bromelain, 2 Month Supply https://a.co/d/c8mI9sk

I haven't tried any other if their products. I've been needing some probiotics so that's why I went with that one.
Wingardiumspeciosa
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:43 pm

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by Wingardiumspeciosa »

FartBlaster wrote: ↑Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:52 am I get this too one heavy dose if Metamucil at night eliminated all problems
I also use Metamucil and it’s been a game changer
User avatar
kwest13
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by kwest13 »

SaintedHeretic wrote: ↑Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:40 am
BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:52 pm
SaintedHeretic wrote: ↑Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:14 am I was primarily using miralax to combat constipation but recently started taking, Zenwise digestive enzymes - and it's been a complete game changer.
Hey I'm looking at the Zenwise products now - IF you don't mind, which one ? They've got over a dozen different products, all "Digestive Enzymes". :ugeek:

Leaning toward the "Wise N Regular", but idk don't wanna be too Regular... if ya know what I mean. OR, the "No Bloat" stuff ? But my farts are under control. For now anyway :lol:

Thanks for that Tip!! 8-)
This is the one I've been using

Zenwise Digestive Enzymes Plus Prebiotics & Probiotics Supplement, 180 Servings, Vegan Formula for Better Digestion & Lactose Absorption with Amylase & Bromelain, 2 Month Supply https://a.co/d/c8mI9sk

I haven't tried any other if their products. I've been needing some probiotics so that's why I went with that one.
This is very interesting. 🚹 I've never thought to check out digestive enzyme supplements. 🚽 How much of a game changer is it? 🧻🧻 Already added the Zenwise 180 to the cart. 💩
kratomku
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:11 am
Location: indonesia
Contact:

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by kratomku »

for the prevention of constipation due to kratom, you should drink plenty of water and eat high-fiber foods such as fruit and soft foods
OTscoots
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:11 pm

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by OTscoots »

Some great advice here. I just wanted to add that there's a tea make called smooth move. You can buy it on Amazon or most grocery stores. Anesthesiologists I've known will actually give it to their patients post-op. If you're starting to feel the build up you can try that before going on to other measures.

But yes magnesium, tons of water and fiber are also absolutely daily essentials.
krathead
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 05, 2022 10:46 am

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by krathead »

I forgot I posted this. Yes, I take 14-20 grams daily so that'll do it. Taking magnesium citrate daily and the occasional day or two break has seemed to help enough. On the bright side, it completely stopped my chronic diarrhea lol. thanks all for your advice.
User avatar
Sassysquatch
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:42 pm

Re: Kratom constipation

Post by Sassysquatch »

I love Aloe Vera juice. You can find it at Wal Mart in a big jug in the pharmacy area. Trader Joe’s sells it too.

Very soothing for the digestive tract and keeps everything running smooooothly.
Post Reply