Severe Neuropathic Pain Relief

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
ss108
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:45 pm

Severe Neuropathic Pain Relief

Post by ss108 »

Hello,
I am in severe pain due to a rare cancer. Which strain have you all found is best for pain relief, especially the neuropathic type?
I have done brief research from which I ascertained that the strains highest in mitragyna are the most potent for pain relief . Is this correct ? Do the different color classifications matter at all ?



Apologies if I am violating forum rules.

Thank you.
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Severe Neuropathic Pain Relief

Post by Lokey »

Very sorry about your pain and diagnosis and I hope you find some relief. The thing with kratom is that everyone is different and gets different results. It seems most start out and stay with reds specifically for pain yet red is usually lowest mit. The body converts mit to 7oh which is what I think is the main pain reliever and reds and bentuangies (fermented) are higher in 7oh. But many greens and whites can be good too, just depends on the batch and body chemistry.

If any of this is incorrect I hope someone corrects me, I'm sure someone will lol. Try searching the forum for past posts, there's a wealth of info here.
User avatar
PistolsAtDawn
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:08 pm

Re: Severe Neuropathic Pain Relief

Post by PistolsAtDawn »

As far as I know, Lokey speaks the truth. I would personally steer you towards any red reds, like a bent (fermented) or just one that's oxidized. Anecdotally speaking, those kinds seem to have the best pain relief for most people (myself included). You will need to try it for yourself and see. Hopefully you get some relief from it.

There unfortunately isn't enough research into the many alkaloids in kratom to be able to ever recommend anything to everyone with confidence. Someone won't get good results from a batch that others will rave about. Personal chemistry seems to play a part.

Know that using kratom can block or mute the effects of any prescription pain killers you may have.

Make sure you are really well hydrated for the best results.

I'm sorry to read about your health problems. You're in good company here, unfortunately. Many of us live in terrible pain, and kratom is about the only thing that works for that.
Post Reply