Small Doses

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Small Doses

Post by Kelleytoons »

There was a thread here talking about someone "chasing the buzz" and how they lost it and their plan is to stop for a month to reset things. In that I was mentioning reducing the dose as an alternative but I wanted to report some findings after a few weeks of Real World experience.

First of all - about a year ago my "normal" dose was around 5-8 grams. It got that way, as I'm sure a lot of you have done, because I wasn't feeling the same great feelings I had when I first started kratom so I figured I'd just up the dose until I did. However, this is "chasing your tail" because not only does it not work, but it screws up your system so much a complete reset is sometimes all you can do. In that regard I cut my dose in half, and started using no more than 3 grams per dose (usually 2.5).

This was great and worked fine for me for about another year until, due to severe knee pain, I started dosing more frequently. So - kept the dose no more than 3 grams, but was dosing four times a day rather than the two or three I had been. That was around 12 grams a day and, sure enough, the good feelings started going away again.

Recently I had my surgery to repair the knee and came back and because I am no longer fighting severe pain I thought I'd experiment with even lower doses. And lo and behold - even at 1 gram kratom is working for me about the same as it did when I first started a few years ago. It's quite amazing - it works REALLY well, and I can even dose four times a day if need be (I usually don't, though - twice is usually plenty).

I never thought such low doses would ever work for me because I remember, starting off, that 1 gram did nothing. However, that was when I was using bulk vendors and now I have MUCH better stuff. And I'm amazed now (I'm also a bit horrified because, at this rate, I have enough kratom to last me 50 or 60 years, by which time I'll be as old as those vampires in "Twilight").

I'd also like to mention, again, the "turbo" method - for me, using capsules, this works like this - I take two (1 gram, measured) and then 30 minutes later I take another, for a total of 1.5 grams. That is nearly ALWAYS amazing, one of the best experiences ever and it doesn't really matter what that second dose is - it can even be crap from those bulk vendors. For some reason it REALLY boosts things up, even at these low doses.

I would recommend at least trying to get your dose down - you will do yourself a big favor in the long run.
User avatar
Rambo
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:36 am

Re: Small Doses

Post by Rambo »

Thanks for sharing this Kelley. There is much truth to this, as counterintuitive as it seems. I’ve also fallen into the trap before where I’m upping the dose to chase something so fleeting, only to find that by reducing the quantity, the quality is so much better!
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Small Doses

Post by mivanqua »

I'm halfing all of my doses tomorrow. I hear this a lot, but it seems counterintuitive and hard to wrap your head around, even if you know from experience that it's true.

Unrelated but still cool :

Think about this. I saw it on the internet last week and it struck a cool chord with me. The human brain is the only thing in existence to have named itself. So crazy to think about, right? So, having said that, I'll also say that the less is more thing proves there is a lot of room for improvement for the ol' grey matter as well. :lol:
Loveandpeace
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 756
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:12 am
Location: San Fernando Valley, L.A.

Re: Small Doses

Post by Loveandpeace »

mivanqua wrote: ↑Tue May 02, 2023 10:17 am I'm halfing all of my doses tomorrow. I hear this a lot, but it seems counterintuitive and hard to wrap your head around, even if you know from experience that it's true.

Unrelated but still cool :

Think about this. I saw it on the internet last week and it struck a cool chord with me. The human brain is the only thing in existence to have named itself. So crazy to think about, right? So, having said that, I'll also say that the less is more thing proves there is a lot of room for improvement for the ol' grey matter as well. :lol:
Trippy post maaaaan!! For real though, I dig it!

How bout this: I suspect that this number will become 2 self-aware beings with AI barging through our door.
User avatar
SeventhHeaven
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:05 pm

Re: Small Doses

Post by SeventhHeaven »

I've been using kratom for a little over a year and a half now, and from the beginning I've been dosing ONCE every other day. Occasionally two days in a row, on very rare occasions three days.

Pretty much every time I burn some good quality leaf it's a great experience :mrgreen:

I know that some people may need it more often than I do, and I get that, but I started because someone on this board suggested kratom for my osteoarthritis pain, which some days is, well, a pain. I just had my second hip replacement last November, and pretty much every day when I get up these last few years my whole body feels like I went major hiking in the woods, all uphill, with occasional somersaults the day before.

For me, the every-other-day routine is a pretty much guaranteed few-to-several hours of reduced pain and minor euphoria. I look forward to every day I use kratom, and I don't worry at all about building up a tolerance. I just love the breaks I get for a few hours, and I'm thankful that that guy - on a totally different, non-kratom-related forum - suggested both kratom and Double M to me 😁

And - wait for it - tomorrow is a Kratom Day! :lol:
Powdered_toastman
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:32 am

Re: Small Doses

Post by Powdered_toastman »

yes this actually worked! i ended up lowering my doses to 3g now per session and a couple days later i was starting to feel the doses again! thank you for the suggestion!
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Small Doses

Post by Kelleytoons »

You can even go lower - trust me, two grams is a real golden spot.

But good on you for getting it down there. And I take zero credit for this (another member here suggested it to me and I still owe him).
User avatar
WhiteAngelica
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: Small Doses

Post by WhiteAngelica »

I will try this because I can't skip a day. Bad things would happen. If I could be put unconscious for a week, that could work...but definitely halving my doses. I may only take a consistent two scoops but how many times a day is that is the larger question. There's a reason I don't count.
The Red Queen
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Small Doses

Post by Kelleytoons »

One thing I would like to emphasize - weigh your dose. It does vary - a LOT - from vendor to vendor.

The volume of TFH stuff, for example, is nearly HALF that of Denette - so just trying to "scoop" something would be a very poor way of knowing what the dose actually is. I've gotten now that I weigh twice, once when I make my capsules (I weigh out 50 grams to make 100 capsules) but even then afterwards, because there IS a capsule variation and I want to take something specifically at my targets (there's a big difference between taking 2 and 2.5 grams).
User avatar
Nelson Baboon
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:48 pm

Re: Small Doses

Post by Nelson Baboon »

this is so interesting to me, and am going to play with it.

i'm curious - has anyone had a total failure with cutting the dose like this?

to test this accurately, i should probably do it with the first dose of the day, but i will try it for my 3rd dose in a few hours.
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Small Doses

Post by mivanqua »

I tried it (with "bindles" apparently 🤣😂🤣) but it just didn't work for me but im not saying it won't work for you by any means. I am treating my anxiety with kratom and right now my anxiety is THROUGH THE ROOF but I still haven't taken any hard drugs, but I DID have a nitrous phase. Mea culpa. It's just air and besides I recently discovered that the smoke shop down the street sells it, and to be honest, it fills that gap between hard drugs and kratom, in fact, funny story?

This guy who physically abused my daughters mom came over last week (he isn't supposed to be anywhere near here) and I was telling him to get out of his fucking truck and fight like a man (what did he do? Came at me with a metal wand thing, and when I said drop your weapon and fight, he WOULDN'T.) Funny part is that I was doing nitrous the whole time and in between screaming at him about what a p**** he is, I was going up and down on nitrous and laughing my ass off. It added to the effect I'm sure. It was definitely a strange couple of minutes and I'm sure I came off like The Joker or something, which is good when you're dealing with physically abusive people. By the way, this piece of shit tried to strangle my daughter's mother not once but TWICE. He also went with my daughters mother to excuse my daughter from school early and then drove around with her drunk. It would have been so fun to pummel that asshole in between hits of nitrous. He's like my arch-enemy and go figure, haven't seen him since.
I also was throwing the used cartridges at his windows. Hahaha!

Also, by the way, I'm staunchly non-violent. Never been in a fight ever, so don't think I'm some kind of loose cannon. It's just this guy and his many shitty acts, I'm just fed up with his abusive ass.

I digress... My new motto

This is a very personal story and feel free to delete it if you want, I just don't really talk to anyone IRL about anything. I just love and really appreciate you guys. That's straight from the heart.
Last edited by mivanqua on Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Nelson Baboon
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:48 pm

Re: Small Doses

Post by Nelson Baboon »

wow - i'd say my main reason for using kratom is for anxiety also. I don't use it specifically for pain, but i'm old and i like to work out a lot - so it can help with that kind of soreness/stiffness.

but damn - i don't have any great stories like you have! it's just life that gets me down, lol.
Post Reply