Page 1 of 1
Where to sell a kratom tree?
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:48 pm
by GroupZero
Does anybody know a place where you're allowed to list a kratom tree? Seems like the normal online sales channels don't allow kratom related stuff these days.
I have too many, and too many tropicals in general, that I have to bring in every winter (I'm in Ohio).. trying to free up space for other hobbies

Re: Where to sell a kratom tree?
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:08 pm
by Lokey
I also have two trees I need to rehome in South Florida, anyone here nearby able to take them, I have no land to plant them in.
Re: Where to sell a kratom tree?
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:30 pm
by Kelleytoons
LOL - I don't know if I want a kratom tree other than to be able to say I have one but I live in central Florida so probably out of the question.
Re: Where to sell a kratom tree?
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:38 pm
by GroupZero
I've got them in Ohio...
It's not as hard as you'd think to grow them. Keep them trimmed into more of a shrub and bring em in in the winter

Re: Where to sell a kratom tree?
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:34 pm
by Kelleytoons
Oh I don't think I'd have any trouble growing them - just that you are too far away for me to get the tree.
(And, again, it would be more of a novelty than anything else - I already have WAY too much greenery around our property. All of which mostly grows on its own which, at my old age, is exactly how I like it. In fact, it's mostly a case of getting something to STOP growing than anything else).
Re: Where to sell a kratom tree?
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:10 pm
by Badgame85
I'm also in OH, right outside of Cleveland. Where are you at? How much and how big is it?
Re: Where to sell a kratom tree?
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:15 pm
by 34766
GroupZero wrote: ↑Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:48 pm
Does anybody know a place where you're allowed to list a kratom tree? Seems like the normal online sales channels don't allow kratom related stuff these days.
I have too many, and too many tropicals in general, that I have to bring in every winter (I'm in Ohio).. trying to free up space for other hobbies
on reddit there are all sorts of kratom subs like kratomgarden that you could probably offer them on. how much are you selling one for?
Re: Where to sell a kratom tree?
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:38 pm
by Lokey
Badgame85 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:10 pm
I'm also in OH, right outside of Cleveland. Where are you at? How much and how big is it?
Where I "grew up" on the east side. Moved to South Florida in 1972 a year after graduating from Brush.
Re: Where to sell a kratom tree?
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:10 pm
by BallzDeep9
There is NO reason to try to
Grow kratom, to think that kratom is "Like Weed" where you grow it...
Kratom IS a Product of Indonesia.
Full Stop - it's NOT a thing you grow in your backyard!!! Unless you're a big Gardener type person & just doing it for fun... Otherwise... IGNORE those who sell "Domestic" kratom,

Sell plants, sell anything plant wise that's NOT imported... there IS a group of people who have invested $ BIG $ Time and Money - and those plants Do Not produce.... any "good kratom".
Re: Where to sell a kratom tree?
Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:00 pm
by GroupZero
Badgame85 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:10 pm
I'm also in OH, right outside of Cleveland. Where are you at? How much and how big is it?
I'm in the eastern suburbs - Mayfield Heights area.
I've got one that's about 4 feet tall and wide, with about a 3 inch trunk, and a couple that are more like 2 feet. I'd probably ask about $500 for the bigest one, or half that for a 2' one.
You can make them grow fast or slow depending on how liberal you are with the miracle grow.
In winter, you can keep them alive by a window, or have them grow rapidly with a 400W HID. They aren't all that sensitive - I used to think you had to regulate humidity and such, but you really don't. I've even had them accidentally freeze and they didn't die, although they weren't happy.
The big thing indoors is keeping the bugs off them - they'll come in with one or two scale or aphids that can explode in population and kill them if left uncontrolled. I've found that neonicotinoids are the least work - water with that and don't pick any leaves for a few weeks. They generally only need it once a year, when you bring them inside. There's also harmless natural stuff, but it's more effort.
As for producing good kratom.. I guess it's relative. Back when I was eating 30+ GPD, I could eat a few leaves and still catch a buzz. Dried and ground, you might need more than the best imported kratom, but it's not like you have to eat several times as much or anything like that. Fresh kratom is a somewhat different experience than dried.
I have my suspicions that putting them inside and blasting them with UV might produce real strong kratom (maybe a bulb from a tanning bed or some such), but never tried it. They get relatively strong outdoors this time of year.
Re: Where to sell a kratom tree?
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:48 am
by FartBlaster
I got a 5 to 6 foot tall tree, are you saying it's worth $500?
Re: Where to sell a kratom tree?
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:34 am
by GroupZero
It's worth what someone would pay for it, like anything else. I really have no idea of the actual value of a big kratom tree.. not enough people have them for there to be a market price.
When I initially got them, they were 4 inch clones for like $35-50.. so by that measure, a big old tree for $500 could be considered cheap
