Page 1 of 1
Responsible Use to Avoid Withdrawals
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:07 am
by kittykatkratom
Hi, recreational user here. I used to use kratom 1-2x per week, with obviously no dependency or withdrawals. Considering more frequent use at this point of my life for things like sleep/wind down on a day of over caffeination. Still probably in the range of 3-4x, absolute max 5x per week. Anybody have experience doing something like that? And did it make the 2-3 days off miserable and/or have withdrawals or psychological dependency?
I'm currently doing a similar thing with caffeine and have been for awhile with the occasional 1-3 weeks of t-breaks somewhere in there. But it sounds like Kratom can have a more pronounced abstinence effects.
Re: Responsible Use to Avoid Withdrawals
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:32 am
by Kelleytoons
I was dosing about like you for tennis, but then I got involved in testing (for the best vendor around, ahem) and took kratom twice a day for the entire week (to get through all the samples) and found no problems at all.
Now I tend to dose even on the days I don't play, but as long as I keep it low (<3 grams a dose, and only 2x a day at most) I can still take my three days off as I used to do (I just got off taking a three day break - no issues at all).
Now - everyone is different and only you can determine what works for your body. But I wouldn't be afraid of dosing more days per week as long as you keep a hold of the amounts and don't get excessive AND as long as you can continue to take a break of a day or two from time to time. Try it and see.
Re: Responsible Use to Avoid Withdrawals
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:43 am
by Jking
Well I don’t really get kratom withdrawals except for I feel cold. Well I guess I do get the physical withdrawals they just go unnoticed I think because I’ve detoxed from so many drugs including heroin, meth, cocaine, and benzos to name a few. Benzos probably the worse but fentanyl is up there to. I consider kratom begin to the point where just don’t use enough to get bad effects, and your good. Worse comes you got like a week of feeling a little worn down it will pass so quick though. Plus unlike most drugs kratom is extremely cheap so even if you take it everyday you could easily store enough to never run out. Sustainability is important when using substances I think it you use often. For instance tobacco is extremely cheap but people insist on paying 9 bucks a pack at the store for some reason though it’s a extremely cheap, and easily obtained substance making it sustainable.
Re: Responsible Use to Avoid Withdrawals
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:03 pm
by terposton
kittykatkratom wrote: ↑Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:07 am
Hi, recreational user here. I used to use kratom 1-2x per week, with obviously no dependency or withdrawals. Considering more frequent use at this point of my life for things like sleep/wind down on a day of over caffeination. Still probably in the range of 3-4x, absolute max 5x per week. Anybody have experience doing something like that? And did it make the 2-3 days off miserable and/or have withdrawals or psychological dependency?
I'm currently doing a similar thing with caffeine and have been for awhile with the occasional 1-3 weeks of t-breaks somewhere in there. But it sounds like Kratom can have a more pronounced abstinence effects.
I've never had withdrawals from kratom so I think you will be fine.. I have taken kratom daily since 2016 and this weekend I went to visit my daughter for a long weekend but forgot to pack my kratom but had no withdrawals. I was so happy to see her and all the activities so I didn't even notice

Re: Responsible Use to Avoid Withdrawals
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:15 pm
by terposton
Jking wrote: ↑Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:43 am
Well I don’t really get kratom withdrawals except for I feel cold. Well I guess I do get the physical withdrawals they just go unnoticed I think because I’ve detoxed from so many drugs including heroin, meth, cocaine, and benzos to name a few. Benzos probably the worse but fentanyl is up there to. I consider kratom begin to the point where just don’t use enough to get bad effects, and your good. Worse comes you got like a week of feeling a little worn down it will pass so quick though. Plus unlike most drugs kratom is extremely cheap so even if you take it everyday you could easily store enough to never run out. Sustainability is important when using substances I think it you use often. For instance tobacco is extremely cheap but people insist on paying 9 bucks a pack at the store for some reason though it’s a extremely cheap, and easily obtained substance making it sustainable.
I haven't had a dependency on drugs but quitting tobacco was really hard for me the first year. You are so right about it being so easy to obtain and that makes it even harder to quit. Now, not only does the smell of smoke make me queasy but I can't believe how expensive it has gotten. So happy I quit!
Re: Responsible Use to Avoid Withdrawals
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:07 pm
by kratomku
there is no dependence, but the condition of the body when consuming, it makes it delicious for sure you will try again, if you are too busy you will forget it
Re: Responsible Use to Avoid Withdrawals
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:15 am
by IndelibleDotInk
Terposton's right, quitting smoking is insanely hard.
Re: Responsible Use to Avoid Withdrawals
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:47 am
by Jking
That the funny thing though I never used nicotine my whole life til I was almost 23 after a stent in the mental hospital. Since then I can’t seem to quit I tried back, and forth for like almost two years. Now I’ve decided to just go with it I turn 25 in January so think maybe I will make it my New Years resolution to quit then by my birthday hopefully I’ll be through the worst of it but the problem is the cravings just always get me. I’ve quit for two week to a month multiple times then a craving hits after battling them for so long I give in because I’m weak I guess then the nicotine actually makes me feel bad. That’s because my body as adjusted to being without so no physical addiction that point just mental but it gets me every time. I do find use in nicotine I just think I was better off without it I underestimated how addicting it could be thinking I could quit anytime then when the addiction really set in there came a point where my opinion was it was more addicting then many of the drugs I tried because it’s so cheap, and easily accessible it’s hard to not be able to not have it around. Just again buying cigarettes is always gonna be expensive when you can your roll your own for like 50 cent a pack. Though I use Swedish snus the safest form of nicotine in my opinion. I go through two cans a week at 4 bucks a can with a coupon I could make my own for much less, and if I smoked or used more I would buy tobacco online to make my own snus/cigarettes.
Re: Responsible Use to Avoid Withdrawals
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:07 pm
by BallzDeep9
Jking wrote: ↑Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:43 am
I’ve detoxed from so many drugs including heroin, meth, cocaine, and benzos to name a few ...
I consider kratom benign to the point where just don’t use enough to get bad effects, and your good. Worse comes you got like a week of feeling a little worn down it will pass so quick though.
Yes. I took liberty of spell checking your word - Kratom IS "benign" meaning,
basically harmless = "Having little or no detrimental effect;"
Then follow with... AT
Recommended Servings. - yes I agree.

EVERY single substance, food, drug, anything even water - HAS a "Serving Size". People have gotten sick from drinking
Too Much Water ... yep. Everything. Even things which are considered - long term harmful - Tobacco, Sugar. Science has studied Alcohol, and Coffee, over the past 20 years to find - those things DO have healthy effects long term... AT Recommended Servings.
Glass of Wine with dinner. A beer or two, couple times a week ??
Coffee has definite, proven, Health benefits!! Coffee is GOOD for your heart, liver,
Study LINK - AT 3 or four cups, 8-oz cups per day. Figure the # caffeine there... TIP: about = a Starbucks Grande Pike cup. 310 mg caffeine.
Me, I DO have a Caffeine Tolerance = yep, I NEED my coffee twice a day. Morning especially - I have discussed w/ my doctor - that IS considered "normal" for many or most, Americans. We drink Coffee. Anyone who drinks 1 Starbucks grande per day, IS addicted, and WILL have withdrawals - IF they don't get their morning Coffee. I'm right there with 'em

- and yes. I get Kratom
withdrawals after... about 12 hours. Over night, but not during the day.
WHAT is the "
Recommended Serving" size for Kratom ?? (maybe 2 Grams? Okie says 1 gram?) and HOW much is... Too Much Kratom ?
THIS thread, discussion, is related to =
Problem discussing dosage and tolerance online!
Re: Responsible Use to Avoid Withdrawals
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:05 am
by kittykatkratom
Thanks for all the replies everyone!
I'm feeling good about managing my kratom use now. I have some follow up questions though. People talk about optimum dose and for me that sits around 3-4 grams. I am curious about what people's general opinions are about dosing more than once per day.
Re: Responsible Use to Avoid Withdrawals
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:48 pm
by terposton
kittykatkratom wrote: ↑Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:05 am
Thanks for all the replies everyone!
I'm feeling good about managing my kratom use now. I have some follow up questions though. People talk about optimum dose and for me that sits around 3-4 grams. I am curious about what people's general opinions are about dosing more than once per day.
I'm a long time user mostly as a mood booster and energy. I was on antidepressants for years and all they did was make me feel numb. I dose as you do around 3-4 grams 2 to 3 times a day always during the day for 8 hours. Say you take your first dose at 8am then your last dose at 4pm, then nothing for the following 16hours. This is what I do and it works great. I don't have withdrawals when I don't take it nor do I have any bad side effects when I am taking it. Everyone needs to find their sweet spot but this is what has worked for me. You are going to do great. Just listen to your body.

Re: Responsible Use to Avoid Withdrawals
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:58 pm
by Eu4oric906
Yeah you should be fine, 3-4x a week should be no problem and even 5x leaves you a few days of not using. There are weeks where i dose daily each day of the week and still dont have issues when i skip. Everyones different so ymmv, but wont take long to see how ur body deals.
Re: Responsible Use to Avoid Withdrawals
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:46 pm
by Kelleytoons
kittykatkratom wrote: ↑Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:05 am
I'm feeling good about managing my kratom use now. I have some follow up questions though. People talk about optimum dose and for me that sits around 3-4 grams. I am curious about what people's general opinions are about dosing more than once per day.
On my tennis days I always dose twice (and my doses are only slightly lower than yours - 2.5-3 grams). That's because when I play I beat this old body up so much I can barely sleep, so about an hour before bed I take a nice dose to sooth the muscles (like now - I'm sitting in my chair and only able to type because I dosed prior to tennis and the TFH stuff I took nearly eight hours ago is still working).
Re: Responsible Use to Avoid Withdrawals
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:23 pm
by Roofdog
kittykatkratom wrote: ↑Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:05 am
Thanks for all the replies everyone!
I'm feeling good about managing my kratom use now. I have some follow up questions though. People talk about optimum dose and for me that sits around 3-4 grams. I am curious about what people's general opinions are about dosing more than once per day.
Depends why you're using it. That makes a difference. I use it for chronic pain. Ive cut my dose quite a bit but i dose every 4-5 hours.