Page 1 of 1

Package delivery question

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:54 pm
by Cbest011
Hey gang, I was wondering if anyone here has used the General Delivery for receiving a package through the USPS. I’ve been googling it and reading on it and it says when you put your address in, you can say GENERAL DELIVERY and then use the address of the post office you want it delivered to.

I’m not going to order tons of kratom, just a kilo maybe from TFH. And I don’t want to mess this up!! Lol, so if anybody has experience with this or any advice, I’m all ears! Thank you! Have a good day everyone!

Re: Package delivery question

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:09 pm
by uspatriot995
They used to do "general delivery" back in the old days at post offices of small towns. If I were you I'd check with your PO and make sure that it's still cool to do that. I wouldn't want to take a chance on losing a TFH Order!

Re: Package delivery question

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:57 am
by Cbest011
Okay for sure. Thank you. I’ll give them a call here in a minute. Yeah! Nothing can happen to the precious TFH order! I’d be so sad if it did

Re: Package delivery question

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:05 am
by UpInTrees
Yep, you can do General Delivery to post offices. It’s pretty common for people doing long distance trails (i.e. Pacific Crest Trail or Appalachian Trail) where you need to send food and supplies to yourself.

Re: Package delivery question

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:38 pm
by Jfish030
General delivery works. Make sure you bring some form of id. Also it might be easier just to request to the vendor the package be held for pick up. We can do hold for pick up on the shipping label for customers who request that, it would be addressed to your home address but option selected for hold for pickup so the post office sees the shipping label and its showing hold for pickup. They don't deliver it and instead its left at the post office for pick up. Alot of people use that option because they have issues with package theft.

Re: Package delivery question

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:18 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
neat that people doing ultra hikes have that option, and us regulars have the option of holding at the PO.

listen to Jfish, he's one of the OGs you don't want to cross and has business sense to boot.