Page 1 of 1
Best for Sleep
Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:46 am
by Kbsassy
I have a question. I have really bad insomnia not even prescribed stuff helps. Do anyone have a recommendation of a strain that will help with that?
Re: Best for Sleep
Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:03 pm
by herbalhippie
Not a review, moving to General.
Re: Best for Sleep
Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:09 am
by froggy33
Well there are no strains just batches. That being said some Reds will lead you to sleep. You just have to be diligent and shop around. Good luck!
Re: Best for Sleep
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:32 am
by Lokey
I'm looking for a post where someone asked for sleep (not sure this one's it) but someone said Nova red gold helped with sleep so I took some around 11pm last night. I usually never take past 7-8pm because most all kratom keeps me awake but I fell asleep watching a late night TV segment I always like! But, I'm more awake this morning, I never get up at 5am but here I am! I don't feel as sick as I usually do, may be in some W/D by 9-10am, not sure.
Re: Best for Sleep
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:13 am
by Kelleytoons
Whenever anyone asks about insomnia I always try and point out there are two different issues here - folks who can't sleep due to physical issues, and those whose mind is keeping them awake. If the latter then it would help a great deal to learn proper sleep habits (not being on social media or your phone at least two hours before bed, same for television, only get in your bed to sleep - or the other thing - and don't think about work or other issues but just learn to relax).
If it's a mental issue then a lot of kratom can help as well - it will ease your feelings and thoughts - and almost anything other than an energetic strain (like most whites are intended to be) is good. If you suffer from physical pain (like I do) then it helps to have a lot of pain relief, so the conventional wisdom is then reds (even though we understand "colors" don't mean much).
While all the batches I really like for pain relief are from membership only, you can pick them up on the Trading Post - any of TFH or Denette's reds are great. Liza's (a non-membership vendor) Happy-Go-Lucky is also reliable. For just "good feelings so I can relax" I love the Rhino and Denette greens, as well as anything recent from TFH. When I haven't played tennis I take some of them an hour before bed and I sleep through the night (when I am hurting - like I am after tennis - then I need the reds).
Re: Best for Sleep
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:10 pm
by dragonchaser
Best thing for sleep for me is a high dose of a oxidized or fermented red, anything else has too much mit or something and makes it harder to sleep. I've mostly stopped taking it for sleep though, I feel it's better not to rely on kratom for sleep, if a dose doesn't hit right you might not be able to sleep, it'll raise your total grams per day, morning doses won't hit as well. I've even heard of people getting to point of taking so much they need to get up to dose to fall back asleep, which doesn't seem ideal. I would personally try to get medical help to get a dedicated sleeping med, but if you can't or don't want to, I'd try to find some quality dark reds.
Re: Best for Sleep
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:20 pm
by brave777
Get a one pound of chamomiles tea from Egypt, from amazon... Egypt area i noticed smells the best and sleep is way better over Germany chamomiles.. Maybe because Egypt has more sun to bring out the smells, i dont know... every single time i boiled Chamomiles I fell asleep in less then 30 min, EVERY SINGLE TIME... But if you add raw honey, you might fall asleep even faster...
Re: Best for Sleep
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:27 pm
by Shrek
I love Liza's Relaxer Elixir and of course her sleepy blend. They have been helping me tremendously

along with some chamomile tea I'm out like a light.
Re: Best for Sleep
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:49 am
by Kelleytoons
dragonchaser wrote: ↑Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:10 pm
I've even heard of people getting to point of taking so much they need to get up to dose to fall back asleep, which doesn't seem ideal.
Interesting you say this - when my doses were too high I had exactly this issue. I have to take kratom at night (to take the pain off enough to fall asleep) but when I was up around 5-6 grams (WAY too much per dose) I had to get up in the middle of night to dose again. Now that I've got a much more reasonable dose (2.5 to 3 grams) I can sleep ALL through the night (plus nearly anything works - well, I haven't tried a white and probably won't. But ANY red or green will do the trick).
Re: Best for Sleep
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:02 am
by IndelibleDotInk
Hi Brave, glad to see you back! I heart you!
Great suggestions.
Re: Best for Sleep
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:04 pm
by PistolsAtDawn
I took Lunesta for a while when I couldn't stop waking up in the middle of the night - this is prior to me ever taking any kratom. I started the Lunesta at 2 mg and got upped to 3 after about 6 months. Eventually it stopped working. The reason why had to do with my unrelenting negative thoughts. Thoughts ARE sensory input. You prime you body for action when you're angry and wound up, so by ignoring and pushing my negative thoughts down (instead of dealing with them) I was leaving myself flooded with adrenaline - even while I slept!
Insomnia can obviously be caused by a number of things, and without knowing what yours is from, I can't give any specific bit of advice. Trying the bentuangie types is where I would start due to the increased level of 7-ohm and decreased level of mitragynine. Should be less stimulating and more sedating.
Insomnia is awful. Good luck, and don't start any Fight Clubs!
Re: Best for Sleep
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:13 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:49 am
well, I haven't tried a white and probably won't. But ANY red or green will do the trick).
You may want to try a 'white,' there is a large overlap where whites and greens mesh.
Re: Best for Sleep
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:16 pm
by Roofdog
Clear your mind a couple hrs before bed. Dont go to bed mad
No screens at least an hr before bed
Dont eat right before bed
Healthy food during the day
Not sure on everyones meds, but try to take them early if they keep you up.
Write your thoughts if you have a racing mind
Exercise daily if you are able
As I lay down I pray. Everyone is and believes in different things. But this works for me.
I was a major insomniac sereral years ago, plus pain and i would go weeks with only getting about 2-4hrs a night. I was absolutely exhausted. I changed a lot of things in my life and now I sleep well. Pain wakes me up after about 5.5-6hrs but im good at that amount. Hope you find something that helps.
Re: Best for Sleep
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:23 pm
by Kelleytoons
IndelibleDotInk wrote: ↑Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:13 pm
Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:49 am
well, I haven't tried a white and probably won't. But ANY red or green will do the trick).
You may want to try a 'white,' there is a large overlap where whites and greens mesh.
I have a TON of whites - but none for sleep. While, as a rule, colors don't mean much, nearly all my whites are NOT what I would take to put me to sleep (they have WAY too much energy). They are great for tennis, though, and that's where I take them (or just any morning I know I'm going to be busy).
Sorry if I didn't express myself properly (I meant "I haven't tried a white FOR SLEEP" - and I don't intend to. While as a rule I don't have trouble sleeping when my pain is managed, at my age I don't want to stay awake all night with extra energy :>).
Re: Best for Sleep
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:26 pm
by Kelleytoons
Roofdog wrote: ↑Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:16 pm
Clear your mind a couple hrs before bed. Dont go to bed mad
No screens at least an hr before bed
Dont eat right before bed
Healthy food during the day
Not sure on everyones meds, but try to take them early if they keep you up.
Write your thoughts if you have a racing mind
Exercise daily if you are able
As I lay down I pray. Everyone is and believes in different things. But this works for me.
All great advice I would not argue with EXCEPT, perhaps, for the bit about eating. Sometimes some foods about 30 minutes before bed are sure-fire (as long as you don't eat too much - keep it to very small amounts that are easily digested). The classic advice about milk/hot chocolate is something that comes to mind, but I find even a small piece of cheese with my evening kratom works wonders. And, of course, any time I eat any amount of turkey I am bound to be conked out for many hours (T-Day is always a challenge - when the family wants to watch something I'm usually asleep in my recliner :>).
Re: Best for Sleep
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:19 pm
by Loveandpeace
Kbsassy wrote: ↑Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:46 am
I have a question. I have really bad insomnia not even prescribed stuff helps. Do anyone have a recommendation of a strain that will help with that?
Ambien doesn't work?