Afternoon/Evening burns hit harder for me than morning 🤔
-
Renob
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 233
- Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:29 pm
Afternoon/Evening burns hit harder for me than morning 🤔
I’ve noticed so many of you saying that the best burn of the day is your first. This would seem to make the most sense but for me it tends to be my 2nd or 3rd dose that really smacks. I’m wondering if I’m that much in the minority here? I take about the same amount (6-8 grams) each time and almost never dose after 5-6 PM. For reference, I’m usually asleep by 11:11 PM.
Sometimes certain strains won’t hit but generally if I take my kratom at 7 am, 11 AM and then at 4 PM or so, it almost always is the 4 PM dose that works the strongest! I’m thinking that this be due to the buildup of alkaloids over the course of the day? Am I that far in the minority? Occasionally a new strain or blend will feel extra potent during the afternoon but this isn’t the norm. How about you guys? Is your first dose consistently your best or are there more of you like me?
Sometimes certain strains won’t hit but generally if I take my kratom at 7 am, 11 AM and then at 4 PM or so, it almost always is the 4 PM dose that works the strongest! I’m thinking that this be due to the buildup of alkaloids over the course of the day? Am I that far in the minority? Occasionally a new strain or blend will feel extra potent during the afternoon but this isn’t the norm. How about you guys? Is your first dose consistently your best or are there more of you like me?
- Kelleytoons
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm
Re: Afternoon/Evening burns hit harder for me than morning 🤔
I still think that, by and large, whether something "hits" is due far more to your personal body chemistry at the time than any particular strain, dose, or vendor.
USUALLY kratom hits much harder on an empty stomach, as well as empty bowels, which is why the first dose of the day (before breakfast but after a BM) is normally the strongest. But that's a VERY general rule and doesn't take into account people's personal habits. Perhaps you don't have a morning BM - maybe you eat late and then early BEFORE you take kratom. Maybe your second dose is truly when your body is set up to receive it properly.
I suspect that if "scientists" (not Big Pharma) ever studied the subject carefully they could pin it down more specifically. But in the meantime we all need to figure out what works for us and what doesn't, and act accordingly.
USUALLY kratom hits much harder on an empty stomach, as well as empty bowels, which is why the first dose of the day (before breakfast but after a BM) is normally the strongest. But that's a VERY general rule and doesn't take into account people's personal habits. Perhaps you don't have a morning BM - maybe you eat late and then early BEFORE you take kratom. Maybe your second dose is truly when your body is set up to receive it properly.
I suspect that if "scientists" (not Big Pharma) ever studied the subject carefully they could pin it down more specifically. But in the meantime we all need to figure out what works for us and what doesn't, and act accordingly.
-
froggy33
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:29 pm
Re: Afternoon/Evening burns hit harder for me than morning 🤔
Both can be true. Usually the first is the freshest and hits the receptors after rest. Also later burns can be compounded adding to a pronounced burn later in the day...
- BookofEnoch1914
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 609
- Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:00 am
- Location: Virginia USA
Re: Afternoon/Evening burns hit harder for me than morning 🤔
I'm in the same boat buddy, first of the day used to be the best.....not anymore. My second and 3rd(final) are usually the hardest hitting. I usually take my last dose at 11pm and my next dose the following day is around 11am.....so 12 hours in between... And my second at 5pm often is the hardest hittingRenob wrote: ↑Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:04 am I’ve noticed so many of you saying that the best burn of the day is your first. This would seem to make the most sense but for me it tends to be my 2nd or 3rd dose that really smacks. I’m wondering if I’m that much in the minority here? I take about the same amount (6-8 grams) each time and almost never dose after 5-6 PM. For reference, I’m usually asleep by 11:11 PM.
Sometimes certain strains won’t hit but generally if I take my kratom at 7 am, 11 AM and then at 4 PM or so, it almost always is the 4 PM dose that works the strongest! I’m thinking that this be due to the buildup of alkaloids over the course of the day? Am I that far in the minority? Occasionally a new strain or blend will feel extra potent during the afternoon but this isn’t the norm. How about you guys? Is your first dose consistently your best or are there more of you like me?
-
Roofdog
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 529
- Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm
Re: Afternoon/Evening burns hit harder for me than morning 🤔
BD mentioned this a while back and its true for me. For me its about what I eat and when. The cleaner my system is the better the burn, doesnt matter what time i take it. I dont eat from dinner one day until lunch the next (usually about 18hrs). Its not a true fast because i take a protein powder with peanut butter powder and 2 tbls of chia seeds around 9am every day. But my burns are very nice in the morning. I also found that if im filled up on bread and heavy carbs the burns dont hit as well. These are just some things I noticed about myself, but its consistent.