Page 1 of 1

Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:32 pm
by SeventhHeaven
I have a friend who suffers from chronic pain who is interested in possibly trying kratom. Does anyone know of a good website that explains the basics of what kratom is for someone who just heard of it for the first time?

I'm planning to give him a link to DoubleM, but that's a whole lot to just dive into at the start. He just needs the basic information, in quality form, for now.

Suggestions? And thanks! :D

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:11 pm
by mivanqua
This is the best and most informative. You know, in my opinion...

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:26 pm
by SeventhHeaven
I totally agree! :D :D :D

But for someone who first heard the word "kratom" today... I'd like to kind of ease him into the basics.

I did include it in the list I made up for him.

TFH also has a YouTube channel that's interesting, but you have to sign in and confirm your age, so I hope he can. I wish Chris would put 'em on Rumble :D

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:47 pm
by e_poison
If someone is willing to write (or assist with writing) a basic guide to kratom, we could publish it here. It's something I've wanted to do for a while. And some might remember a few years back, we used to have a pretty nice FAQ but that whole situation turned out to be a mess. The mod who wrote it didn't end up working out, so they actually copyrighted it and then demanded that it be taken down. So yeah, having a new one, even a simple beginner's guide to kratom would be awesome!

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:54 pm
by Kelleytoons
I'd be willing to write or assist as long as it's understood I do not in any way consider myself an expert on the subject. However, I think I could write a very informative "beginner's guide" and then perhaps some of the experts here could review/edit/change it.

(Or I'll just help with the grammar/editing of someone else's efforts - I used to get paid as an editor so I do have a bit of experience in that arena).

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:03 pm
by herbalhippie
Someone I know was just asking for this same thing. I asked Ballz if there was a webpage he could suggest, haven't heard back yet.

I do know it's NOT kratom.org :lol:

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:30 pm
by Roofdog
SeventhHeaven wrote: ↑Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:32 pm I have a friend who suffers from chronic pain who is interested in possibly trying kratom. Does anyone know of a good website that explains the basics of what kratom is for someone who just heard of it for the first time?

I'm planning to give him a link to DoubleM, but that's a whole lot to just dive into at the start. He just needs the basic information, in quality form, for now.

Suggestions? And thanks! :D
I have a feeling anything outside of here is most likely BS. At least the stuff I read when I first started was. This site isnt that difficult to understand. If he says hes new people will answer his questions in a way that will suit him im sure. I would not turn him loose to the internet on this subject. Just my opinion.

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:41 am
by SeventhHeaven
e_poison wrote: ↑Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:47 pm If someone is willing to write (or assist with writing) a basic guide to kratom, we could publish it here. It's something I've wanted to do for a while...
Thanks to everybody who's replied so far - and e_poison, that seriously sucks about the former mod. Sometimes I just have to SMH...

I agree too that the webbernets are reeking with dis-and-misinformation on kratom, and I did warn my friend about that.

As far as writing something, I'm still pretty new - just a year - to kratom, but I'd be glad to help proof and/or edit whatever people come up with. I've proof read several novels before publication in the past, as well as a number of magazine articles for people I knew.

I think it'd be a great idea! :D

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:40 am
by Lokey
Maybe AKA website and something I've heard of called kratombible.com. Here is the link:

http://kratombible.com/what-is-kratom/

I don't agree with everything it says for example about strains and where they originate as that's been pretty much disproven but the overall general info may be helpful

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:05 pm
by CatfatherB
There used to be several YouTube videos about the basics of kratom but that was years ago, they're all probably gone now

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:59 pm
by mivanqua
CatfatherB wrote: ↑Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:05 pm There used to be several YouTube videos about the basics of kratom but that was years ago, they're all probably gone now
Whats up holmes! How have you been out there?

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:42 pm
by SeventhHeaven
CatfatherB wrote: ↑Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:05 pm There used to be several YouTube videos about the basics of kratom but that was years ago, they're all probably gone now
Unfortunately, most of the YouTube kratom vids now are about the horrific evils and dangers of kratom use and how it'll kill not only you but also your elderly grandma and your daughter's puppy if you use it. Probably your apple tree in the back yard, too.

:lol: :evil: :lol:

The "Leaf of Faith" vid is fairly OK (but long) - at least it has an Indonesian guy pronouncing it properly - "kruh TOM" - at one point.

I like e_poison's idea about putting something together here on DoubleM :D

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:10 pm
by BallzDeep9
herbalhippie wrote: ↑Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:03 pm Someone I know was just asking for this same thing. I asked Ballz if there was a webpage he could suggest, haven't heard back yet.
It's just a very LONG rant, and so I'll try to summarize... how about "Everything is Bullshit" on the Internet ?? It's all, shilling for those who want your MONEY. :o

Right ?? Or a variation, "Article is written by someone who is PAID by, those who want your Money". Same thing - Mis-Information. and outright LIES and disinfo.

Don't get me started. Around 3 ? Years ago, many of the Big Kratom Vendors, all got together under the AKA umbrella and decided to PUSH their bullshit on the Internet... what you SEE out there now, is just a complete Fake News BLITZ to support the "Big and Low" people. Big kratom. Low Quality. It's the BULK warehouse crap, being sold by 90% of vendors now. It's the stuff that is imported for $5 a Kilo and 30 TON shipments... The Indonesians have been screwed over. Good ol' USA ripping off a 3rd World country, again. Vulture Capitalism.

But Hey. There's worse shit happening out there.. Midterm Elections in 10 Days ? And Republicans who make Record Profits & who Cause Inflation, have fooled voters into blaming Joe Biden and Democrats? Really now? Come on. :roll:

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:13 pm
by Kelleytoons
BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:10 pm have fooled voters into blaming Joe Biden and Democrats? Come on. :roll:
LOL - thanks, I really needed a laugh today.

I'm voting for Brandon (he's running again, right? The guy that got millions of votes more than Obama. Because HE'S my fav :>).

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:25 pm
by BallzDeep9
Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:13 pm I'm voting for Brandon (he's running again, right? The guy that got millions of votes more than Obama. Because HE'S my fav :>).
Yes, it's Election season, and this Topic IS about... Media, articles, public relations, etc ? :? . So yeah. All you hear is "INFLATION", meanwhile the Dems are running on Abortion. Go figure.

Here in the northwest, Senator Ron Wyden doing TV commercials - "We're getting Ripped Off! by Big OIL". and... down the road, Congressman Ro Khanna is actually DOING something about inflation and High Gas Prices. LINK - Ro Khanna Unveils Bill to Ban US Gas Exports as Big Oil Rakes in Record Profits --

Maybe Dems will get smart, and run Ro Khanna in 2024, instead of Joe Biden ?? :D

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:23 pm
by herbalhippie
Alright, let's get politics back OUT of this thread and get back on track.

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:35 pm
by e_poison
Yes please, let's keep all general political talk (unless it relates to kratom legislation) to the politics megathread in off-topic - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6183

Back on topic for the thread, seems like there is some interest in a kratom guide, so anyone interested in contributing please contact me via PM.

I think the best way to go about doing this as a team is a private subforum here for people who want to work/collaborate on a kratom guide. That way everyone is on, forgive the pun, the same page. :lol:

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:04 pm
by MetalMamaRocks
The AKA (I know this is controversial) has created a website for questions and answers. I haven't looked at it very closely, might be some good info.

https://kratomanswers.org/?eType=EmailB ... 8d9ef96ec2

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:38 pm
by add to descartes
to get back on topic:

not wikipedia. I like wikipedia a lot for certain things, but the article for kratom is not written in an objective tone, it's definitely not so subtly anti-kratom. i wouldn't go with AKA either. they have their own agenda and motives.

what we need is something written in a completely scientific and dispassionate manner (not a bad thing) that gets the main facts across without taking a stance on any of the issues. it would be wise to include what other people's stances are, but to refer to them as such, something like the FDA has made such and such claims, but kratom proponents/users say such and such. and then list the actual data and let the reader decide for themselves. basically as objective as humanly possible. and to not get too "into the weeds" with all the little details.

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:37 pm
by mowgli
I gave a quick look at the website MetalMomma linked in her post. Looks like it could be worth your review.

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:27 pm
by KurtisCards
BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:10 pm
herbalhippie wrote: ↑Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:03 pm Someone I know was just asking for this same thing. I asked Ballz if there was a webpage he could suggest, haven't heard back yet.
It's just a very LONG rant, and so I'll try to summarize... how about "Everything is Bullshit" on the Internet ?? It's all, shilling for those who want your MONEY. :o

Right ?? Or a variation, "Article is written by someone who is PAID by, those who want your Money". Same thing - Mis-Information. and outright LIES and disinfo.

Don't get me started. Around 3 ? Years ago, many of the Big Kratom Vendors, all got together under the AKA umbrella and decided to PUSH their bullshit on the Internet... what you SEE out there now, is just a complete Fake News BLITZ to support the "Big and Low" people. Big kratom. Low Quality. It's the BULK warehouse crap, being sold by 90% of vendors now. It's the stuff that is imported for $5 a Kilo and 30 TON shipments... The Indonesians have been screwed over. Good ol' USA ripping off a 3rd World country, again. Vulture Capitalism.

But Hey. There's worse shit happening out there.. Midterm Elections in 10 Days ? And Republicans who make Record Profits & who Cause Inflation, have fooled voters into blaming Joe Biden and Democrats? Really now? Come on. :roll:
everytime you post a comment, i read it in Lewis Black's voice lol

Re: Good Website for Introducing Someone to Kratom?

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:18 am
by Lokey
Just saw this but haven't read it yet

https://www.reddit.com/r/smallbatchkrat ... are_button