Page 1 of 1

Fresh kratom leaf

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:17 am
by Dharmabum
Hi y’all.

I came across kozykratom.com, they offer fresh kratom leaves from Florida trees.

Has anyone tried this company or their leaves?

Re: Fresh kratom leaf

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:29 am
by Roofdog
Dharmabum wrote: ↑Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:17 am Hi y’all.

I came across kozykratom.com, they offer fresh kratom leaves from Florida trees.

Has anyone tried this company or their leaves?
Are they growing in FL?

Re: Fresh kratom leaf

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:00 pm
by iamlurkerpro
I've come across several post on reddit back in the day and even more recently other places about florida growers. They were pretty detailed posts also. Im sure they are growing there,but I've never had any fresh leaf. It seems really pricey,so unless its like an extract power level I would think powder would be better on the wallet. For the experience/curiosity or whatever of having fresh leaf is on your mind,jump in and try it ,it might be amazing and worth it. As for people growing in florida I'm 99.999999% sure there are quite a few.

Re: Fresh kratom leaf

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:47 pm
by Loveandpeace
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

This was my experience last year with a fresh leaf vendor from Florida.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9011

In hindsight, it was a one-time, fun little adventure. I froze the leaves that I didn't get to. The leaves were definitely not mature, they were rather small.

Good luck

Re: Fresh kratom leaf

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:49 pm
by Roofdog
iamlurkerpro wrote: ↑Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:00 pm I've come across several post on reddit back in the day and even more recently other places about florida growers. They were pretty detailed posts also. Im sure they are growing there,but I've never had any fresh leaf. It seems really pricey,so unless its like an extract power level I would think powder would be better on the wallet. For the experience/curiosity or whatever of having fresh leaf is on your mind,jump in and try it ,it might be amazing and worth it. As for people growing in florida I'm 99.999999% sure there are quite a few.
I just wonder if the major climate difference affects the growing process. Kratom seems to only grow in a very small region on the world. Gotta be that way for a reason.

Re: Fresh kratom leaf

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:00 pm
by Kelleytoons
I have zero idea about vendors, but the University of Florida (located - of all places - in Gainesville which is northern Florida, NOT the best place I would imagine for kratom growing) has been experimenting very scientifically with kratom plants (even down to the minutiae of finding whether more fertilizer or less produces more mit). I've seen the videos but for now I don't remember if they were in hothouses or not (given the fact that north of me Florida does get cold during winter - like below freezing - I would suspect that's true).

In any case, kratom can and does grow here and it can and does have high mit levels depending on how it's managed (although my hunch is that growers are in no way as scientific as the folks at U of F). For those interesting just do a Google of our university and kratom and you'll find all kinds of interesting things (they are truly studying all aspects of it including - but not limited to - the idea that it might be a cash crop for this state).

Re: Fresh kratom leaf

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:29 pm
by Dharmabum
Thanks for the responses. I think I may give fresh leaf a go, just out of curiosity.

Re: Fresh kratom leaf

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:06 pm
by Lokey
I have two young trees about 2 to 2-1/2 years old. When a leaf fell off I saved it and it dried up and I still have it all crumbled in a baggie but figure its too young. They lose leaves all the time and have been eaten by bugs or something, hardly ever need tending, I've never even trimmed them, I should, only in the very hot dry summer I need to water them. I'd like to plant them somewhere, I don't have land, I need land! They've outgrown their pots again.