Full spectrum vs MIT extract
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:51 pm
So I’ve been taking nothing but extracts lately, specifically Wonderland’s 38% and 44% extracts. Lately the effects have been pretty mediocre and short lived. Also dealing with SAD related depression that has left me down and unmotivated. I get it every year and just deal with it but the past few days have been pretty bad.
After reading about all the other alkaloids in plain leaf, particularly ones that affect serotonin, I went back and found an old TFH bag of plain leaf from 2 years ago and dosed 4 grams with a tiny bit of extract. A hour later and holy crap I am getting first kratom burn vibes right now. I actually got a few things done at work after feeling unmotivated all day. Those other alkaloids are no joke! And the relative amount of MIT I took is much less than my normal dosage if I did the calculations correctly.
Really no questions or advice needed, I just wanted to post this for anyone else that might have completely switched over to MIT extracts that are not full spectrum. I know this advice is given often on this board but I never thought it would make that much difference.
Edit: also this is not a post against Wonderland Gardens. Their extracts are incredible, I think I’ve just been overdoing it a bit lately.
After reading about all the other alkaloids in plain leaf, particularly ones that affect serotonin, I went back and found an old TFH bag of plain leaf from 2 years ago and dosed 4 grams with a tiny bit of extract. A hour later and holy crap I am getting first kratom burn vibes right now. I actually got a few things done at work after feeling unmotivated all day. Those other alkaloids are no joke! And the relative amount of MIT I took is much less than my normal dosage if I did the calculations correctly.
Really no questions or advice needed, I just wanted to post this for anyone else that might have completely switched over to MIT extracts that are not full spectrum. I know this advice is given often on this board but I never thought it would make that much difference.
Edit: also this is not a post against Wonderland Gardens. Their extracts are incredible, I think I’ve just been overdoing it a bit lately.