Page 1 of 1
Restless legs?
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:34 pm
by Billiegoat
Hey all. I’ve been taking Kratom regularly for the past 3ish years, transitioned from methadone for whatever that’s worth. I use multiple choice vendors, always switching up strains/doses. Anyway, the past 3 nights I’ve woken up with crazy restless legs and feeling kinda runny nosed. Never had anything like this happen since back when I was dragon chasing almost a decade ago.
Wild stuff right? Anyone ever deal with this? Restless legs were always my least favorite part of being sick and also the biggest indicator that it was time to head to walmart to search the parking lot for cash receipts

Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:44 pm
by Melificent311
Oh no, dude that sucks. I had a horrible back surgery a few years ago and suffered with this after. Thankfully it subsided though.
Now, whenever my dose of kratom is overdue, I get restless arms... same deal just arms instead. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. Luckily the remedy is only a couple grams away.
Good luck to you.
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:54 pm
by Roofdog
Billiegoat wrote: ↑Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:34 pm
Hey all. I’ve been taking Kratom regularly for the past 3ish years, transitioned from methadone for whatever that’s worth. I use multiple choice vendors, always switching up strains/doses. Anyway, the past 3 nights I’ve woken up with crazy restless legs and feeling kinda runny nosed. Never had anything like this happen since back when I was dragon chasing almost a decade ago.
Wild stuff right? Anyone ever deal with this? Restless legs were always my least favorite part of being sick and also the biggest indicator that it was time to head to walmart to search the parking lot for cash receipts
When do you take your last dose before bed?
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:13 pm
by Cbest011
I had this happen when I used a weaker strain before bed a few nights ago. I am dependent on kratom, so if I dose a weaker strain at bedtime, 5-6 hours later I’m woken up with tingly legs, watery eyes and just jittery all over too. It sucks, and I’ve been tapering during the days since I am so dependent on it, but at night I make sure I dose one of my sure hitting strains. So now I have ones labeled that didn’t hold me over all night, and I don’t take those for bedtime. Cause yeah, it’s sucks having to be woken up at 3:30am just to take a bit so you can fall back asleep without legs kicking
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:40 pm
by JesusChrist
What product have you been using?? Been getting super sick from this product called down to earth botanicals after seeing some raving about it… seems suspicious
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:43 pm
by Billiegoat
Roofdog wrote: ↑Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:54 pm
Billiegoat wrote: ↑Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:34 pm
Hey all. I’ve been taking Kratom regularly for the past 3ish years, transitioned from methadone for whatever that’s worth. I use multiple choice vendors, always switching up strains/doses. Anyway, the past 3 nights I’ve woken up with crazy restless legs and feeling kinda runny nosed. Never had anything like this happen since back when I was dragon chasing almost a decade ago.
Wild stuff right? Anyone ever deal with this? Restless legs were always my least favorite part of being sick and also the biggest indicator that it was time to head to walmart to search the parking lot for cash receipts
When do you take your last dose before bed?
Generally 30 mins before bed 20 mins after turmeric
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:44 pm
by Billiegoat
Cbest011 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:13 pm
I had this happen when I used a weaker strain before bed a few nights ago. I am dependent on kratom, so if I dose a weaker strain at bedtime, 5-6 hours later I’m woken up with tingly legs, watery eyes and just jittery all over too. It sucks, and I’ve been tapering during the days since I am so dependent on it, but at night I make sure I dose one of my sure hitting strains. So now I have ones labeled that didn’t hold me over all night, and I don’t take those for bedtime. Cause yeah, it’s sucks having to be woken up at 3:30am just to take a bit so you can fall back asleep without legs kicking
As much as it sucks to be woken up to w/d symptoms it helps keep me honest!
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:03 pm
by SeventhHeaven
Billiegoat wrote: ↑Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:34 pm
...I’ve woken up with crazy restless legs...
Make sure you're getting enough magnesium.
While "studies" haven't proven that leg cramps (I know they're different, but I think they're related) are caused by low levels of magnesium, the anecdotal evidence is huge. And I know for a fact that when I'm not taking magnesium supplements, I get restless leg syndrome and/or leg cramps at night. Same with a good friend of mine.
I'd suggest giving it a try, for either restless leg OR regular leg cramps at night.
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:33 pm
by Kelleytoons
Perhaps a bit OT but I suffered for decades from leg cramps up until about six months ago. Every. Single. Night. I went through ALL the advice (magnesium, potassium, bananas, hydrating so well I had to get up 10x a night to pee, etc). In the end a nurse suggested Propel, the electrolyte sports drink. I had already tried other sports drinks (in particular all varieties of Gatoraide there were) but I thought, what the heck? And it worked - no more cramps ever again.
It's worth a try but I'm not sure how it will affect restless legs or not (I just know it worked when all the other things I tried did not).
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:38 pm
by SeventhHeaven
Interesting, Kelley - Propel has been my water beverage of choice for a couple of years now as well, although I mix it 50/50 with plain water. Good stuff!
Kratom hasn't seemed to give me any more or less of a propensity for leg cramps / restless leg, fortunately. And it's been truly a God-send for the all-around aches and pains of osteoarthritis
I'm one month out from my second total hip replacement as of yesterday (and all is well!), and on those every-other-day burns I like to do to keep my tolerances under control it's been very helpful, not to mention just plain a nice, enjoyable break! Goodgawdamighty, I don't even want to think about getting a leg cramp / restless leg in my recently-surgered leg in the middle of the night!

Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:18 am
by Kelleytoons
Glad your hip surgery went well - I'm setting up for my second knee replacement (well, on my second leg - the first is fine). I will be relying upon kratom for everything.
While we're getting far afield it might be helpful to note that Propel has a benefit when taking kratom - it's very acidic (look at the ingredients and next to water citric acid is first), which does help with the burn. I always take my capsules with it.
Hope the OP finds some restless leg relief, though. I just took the Christmas Bali from DTE and laying in bed I could feel so much relaxation I know my legs will be fine tonight (although I don't have that problem as a rule).
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:28 am
by Lokey
JesusChrist wrote: ↑Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:40 pm
What product have you been using?? Been getting super sick from this product called down to earth botanicals after seeing some raving about it… seems suspicious
What do you mean by super sick? It's a fairly new vendor as far as hearing about them and every review has been good so far.
I believe I'm often in withdrawals when I wake up, usually very watery eyes, stuffiness, achiness but I've never had RLS. I usually don't dose late at night because it keeps me awake and I still take a little xanax for sleep.
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:46 pm
by Catcrazy
Restless legs, indicator of lack of magnesium and potassium all found from researching on the internet, I have this all the time, and I'm an avid jogger. Red Maegna da is my go to for the restless legs! I wish you luck, restless legs are the worst. My sympathies!
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:36 pm
by lavender
JesusChrist wrote: ↑Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:40 pm
What product have you been using?? Been getting super sick from this product called down to earth botanicals after seeing some raving about it… seems suspicious
What makes you think that Down To Earth make you sick ??? Maybe it was food that eat or you just getting sick .. Personally i tried every single bag From Down to Earth and nothing make me sick .. People always blaming on kratom without any proof ..
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:08 pm
by Sassysquatch
Melificent311 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:44 pm
Oh no, dude that sucks. I had a horrible back surgery a few years ago and suffered with this after. Thankfully it subsided though.
Now, whenever my dose of kratom is overdue, I get restless arms... same deal just arms instead. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. Luckily the remedy is only a couple grams away.
Good luck to you.
Same here! If I don’t dose in the evening, I get restless arms. That and cold sweats

I’ve found that dosing 1g will take care of that (my normal dose is 3g).
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:39 pm
by Kelleytoons
lavender wrote: ↑Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:36 pm
JesusChrist wrote: ↑Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:40 pm
What product have you been using?? Been getting super sick from this product called down to earth botanicals after seeing some raving about it… seems suspicious
What makes you think that Down To Earth make you sick ??? Maybe it was food that eat or you just getting sick .. Personally i tried every single bag From Down to Earth and nothing make me sick .. People always blaming on kratom without any proof ..
Yeah, I kinda had that same thought.
Although I will say that, from one of the mass vendors (not ever mentioned on this forum - a place I bought from nearly a year ago but never again) I DID get sick. It was repeatable - stupid me tried the same batch again with the same (horrendous) results. The ONLY time (out of probably 150 batches from two or three dozen vendors) that ever made me sick (most likely contaminated with some bug). Most of the small vendors test their stuff and are careful - this company/guy was not (so I threw out ALL the stuff I bought from him and never ordered again).
So it can happen. From DTE I highly doubt it.
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:22 pm
by Catcrazy
JesusChrist wrote: ↑Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:40 pm
What product have you been using?? Been getting super sick from this product called down to earth botanicals after seeing some raving about it… seems suspicious
I feel your pain. I tried RVA-herbals due to a lot of positive reviews on another forum. Two out of the three strains I tried made me very sick. It took at least three days to figure out the cause. I felt extremely dizzy when I would look around and the visions were dancing and it made me extremely nauseous and broke out in sweats. It was awful. So I stopped taking the two strains and the symptoms went away thank God. There are just times that we, people, have a reaction to something, and it may not affect another person that way. We just have to be open minded about these reviews. Thank you for sharing this info!
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:42 am
by Kelleytoons
What you describe might just be too large a dose. I wonder if you reduced it down to a MUCH smaller one (say less than a gram) whether it would have worked fine.
For me the batch I had was contaminated - it gave me horrendous diarrhea that went on for over a week. So that was a clear case of some improper sanitizing or something.
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:04 pm
by OTscoots
JesusChrist wrote: ↑Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:40 pm
What product have you been using?? Been getting super sick from this product called down to earth botanicals after seeing some raving about it… seems suspicious
Could it be that you've taken too much? Getting the wobbles can happen with pretty much any kratom if you've taken enough. DTE lab tests their products and I have never heard of anyone getting sick.
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:26 pm
by lavender
Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:39 pm
lavender wrote: ↑Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:36 pm
JesusChrist wrote: ↑Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:40 pm
What product have you been using?? Been getting super sick from this product called down to earth botanicals after seeing some raving about it… seems suspicious
What makes you think that Down To Earth make you sick ??? Maybe it was food that eat or you just getting sick .. Personally i tried every single bag From Down to Earth and nothing make me sick .. People always blaming on kratom without any proof ..
Yeah, I kinda had that same thought.
Although I will say that, from one of the mass vendors (not ever mentioned on this forum - a place I bought from nearly a year ago but never again) I DID get sick. It was repeatable - stupid me tried the same batch again with the same (horrendous) results. The ONLY time (out of probably 150 batches from two or three dozen vendors) that ever made me sick (most likely contaminated with some bug). Most of the small vendors test their stuff and are careful - this company/guy was not (so I threw out ALL the stuff I bought from him and never ordered again).
So it can happen. From DTE I highly doubt it.
Most likely he took to much .. Even myself after 8 plus years i do that mistake .. to lazy use a scale hahaha
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:17 pm
by IjustFeltLikeRunnin’
Definitely sounds like “the wobbles”. Happens to me, even on batches I’ve taken numerous times before. Sometimes the moon is in the wrong phase, the ambient temperature isn’t just precisely right, or the cup I drank out of was the wrong color. But usually it’s because I’ve taken too large a dose on a completely empty stomach. It always subsides within 30-45 minutes though. Just gotta ride it out.
On the restless legs topic, usually even a small dose (.5-1g) is enough to get them to go away and get back to sleep. I usually keep 1 to 2 capsules by my bedside, or a small portion cup with a 1g dose and a glass of water so I just have to roll over, take it, then roll over and go back to sleep. It’s less disturbing to the sleep that way.
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:38 pm
by Kelleytoons
IjustFeltLikeRunnin’ wrote: ↑Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:17 pm
I usually keep 1 to 2 capsules by my bedside, or a small portion cup with a 1g dose and a glass of water so I just have to roll over, take it, then roll over and go back to sleep. It’s less disturbing to the sleep that way.
Wow - that's a really good idea. I have gotten up at least five or six times in the night when I couldn't sleep to venture out to the kitchen, turn the lights on, and get some capsules. But your way makes a ton of sense (this old man will just have to remember to do it :>).
Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:52 am
by BallzDeep9
Cbest011 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:13 pm
I had this happen when I used a
weaker strain before bed a few nights ago. I am dependent on kratom, so if I dose a weaker strain at bedtime, 5-6 hours later I’m woken up with tingly legs,...
Yep.
Good potent kratom, is often around TWICE as strong as
Bad weak kratom... And MOST kratom imported into the USA past couple years is... weak. Bulk. Around 1%
Mitragynine or even less... which is OK, I guess, if you're buying Wholesale for, like manufacturing Extract.
But for consumers "used to" quality
Plain Leaf around 2% Mit - TFH small batch quality

- then switching to a 1% Mit stuff for a day - You just dropped your Dose in HALF.

.
I never take kratom at bedtime, it's a stimulant - But my dinner Serving gets me ALL the way overnight 'til next morning. But recently I did switch to some crap, out of curiosity, AND woke up with twitching arms & legs middle of night...
Gabapentin to the rescue!! Keep some of that handy. Half of 1- 300 mg Gabapentin and you sleep like a baby!

Re: Restless legs?
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:31 am
by brave777
Before bed is a bad habit, i think all kratom if taken to much will doze you into deep deep sleep.. I remember i use to do 10 grams long time ago when i started kratom and was exploring, dragons just over powered me into deep sleep. lower dose will keep you awake unless your very very tired or add some sleeping aid. I found any leg issue , chamomile boiled enough, zoomed me into sweet sweet sleep. In fact you do have to feel some of it in the morning, if you dont feel any tiredness or slight bone joint pain, your doing to much kratom. When you dose, you will feel the burn... or you have a choice, drink tea and coffee if going on T break, its normal to feel all that up to 2-3 days until all goes away and no kratom cravings unless of course you in pain then you got no choice. If not kratom you will still take something. Thats why less is more is true, the more your taking the more your asking for trouble. Its not a good or bad thing, just will feel WDs more profound when going cold turkey, thats why very important to reduce consumption for a week before full cold turkey mode. And i do reccomand aften taking breaks, if cant do it, at least push your self to the max until cant handle any more, be it it 1 or 2 days is still enough to reset some of it.
kratom choice also plays big roll. For now i am using all my TFH stuff, seems there is no issue with it compare other vendors. Some reason some do have over time accumulation weird side effects that caant be noticed right away but later you can, i dont get that with TFH, another reason to go for clean kratom. No one talks about it, but what is the % of kratom being tempered with? if our sky, food, water is tempered you think they wont temper with kratom as well? we all seen that CNN comparing kratom to heroin. Just a thought to switch batches if you suspect its the cause.
IF been taking kratom for 3 days with no breaks at all, expect to sweat and all kinds of issues. Its just has caught up to you and reminding you to lay off kratom and take a break, i suspect might need a full month off to reset, 3 years with no breaks is a lot of time.