Page 1 of 1

Kratom vendors and sister vendors???

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:54 pm
by Catcrazy
So... I've noticed here and there the speculation of vendors having other vendors but operate under a different vendor name. I've often wondered if this is true because in the last year me and my husband have tried numerous vendors both big and small vendors. Some seem almost like another vendor with very similar packaging and consistency of another vendor. For example: Nova Kratom reminded me of New Dawn and Kratom Country. Anyone notice any similarities between vendors??

Re: Kratom vendors and sister vendors???

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:01 pm
by Kelleytoons
IIRC (and this old man may not) Nova was using the same website format as New Dawn because they were either friends or had some kind of arrangement with them. That doesn't mean they are the same - just have the same "template". If I were starting my own kratom business and I could do so I would definitely copy as much as I could from someone else to begin with.

I don't mean to say this is a definitive answer, but just more info for the discussion.

Re: Kratom vendors and sister vendors???

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:52 pm
by Polaris
I have to admit, they do look very similar. Minimum 250g bags too. Neither good nor bad just an interesting similarity. Maybe I'll give Nova a shot. I've had good luck with New Dawn a year ago; just wish I could order smaller sizes to sample. :-)

Re: Kratom vendors and sister vendors???

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:12 pm
by Lokey
Someone asked the owner of Nova and she said the only thing she ever had in common with New Dawn was the same payment processor. I've never used New Dawn or Country. I think this belongs in general discussion, it's not a vendor listing. There is an accusation out there that Nova and ND are the same owner because a bunch of people were hating on New Dawn so they made a new company to start fresh or fool people but I don't believe that it's true. The same people who hated it before would hate it again.

Re: Kratom vendors and sister vendors???

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:56 pm
by Catcrazy
Lokey wrote: ↑Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:12 pm Someone asked the owner of Nova and she said the only thing she ever had in common with New Dawn was the same payment processor. I've never used New Dawn or Country. I think this belongs in general discussion, it's not a vendor listing. There is an accusation out there that Nova and ND are the same owner because a bunch of people were hating on New Dawn so they made a new company to start fresh or fool people but I don't believe that it's true. The same people who hated it before would hate it again.
This is a review of vendors. Mere curiosity. Not accusation. Nova and New Dawn are not they only vendors that are speculated being the same vendor, meaning the kratom is similar so maybe same production or farmer.....but different vendor names. I don't think there's anything wrong with the idea. Companies do this all the time, brand name vs. Generic... similar concept.

Re: Kratom vendors and sister vendors???

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:09 pm
by onespeedstop
Check their whois, if they're really lazy, then you'll see that the same person/LLC owns 5 or 10 of them. They're the "fancy" website ones, with the same stock photos. Happens in every industry. Heck the (reddit/internet) world just now found about "ghost kitchens" in 2020/2021 because of covid and too much free time after being over-charged for garbage delivery food.

Re: Kratom vendors and sister vendors???

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:39 am
by Jfish030
Yeah ive been preaching this for years. Most of these kratom companies are owned by the same people. Kratom business is pretty hard, everyone is fighting over market share (customers). The easiest way is to create multiple companies and you end up grabbing more that way. If a customer gets unhappy with an order, via it arriving late or the powder was weak. They leave your business and to the people with multiple companies you might actually pick them right back up on your other one and they will be happy as can be.

If you factor in the fact that alot of vendors buy their product from the same domestic suppliers. You end up with and even scarier situation where alot of people are selling the same powders and some are selling same powder under multiple websites/companies.

Re: Kratom vendors and sister vendors???

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:14 am
by Catcrazy
Jfish030 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:39 am Yeah ive been preaching this for years. Most of these kratom companies are owned by the same people. Kratom business is pretty hard, everyone is fighting over market share (customers). The easiest way is to create multiple companies and you end up grabbing more that way. If a customer gets unhappy with an order, via it arriving late or the powder was weak. They leave your business and to the people with multiple companies you might actually pick them right back up on your other one and they will be happy as can be.

If you factor in the fact that alot of vendors buy their product from the same domestic suppliers. You end up with and even scarier situation where alot of people are selling the same powders and some are selling same powder under multiple websites/companies.
Well put, that's what I was trying to say, but failed! That's the info I'd like to know since we are reviewing so many vendors from areas all around the US. Save us time and money! Thank you for your response, well put!

Re: Kratom vendors and sister vendors???

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:33 am
by Lokey
Catcrazy wrote: ↑Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:56 pm
Lokey wrote: ↑Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:12 pm Someone asked the owner of Nova and she said the only thing she ever had in common with New Dawn was the same payment processor. I've never used New Dawn or Country. I think this belongs in general discussion, it's not a vendor listing. There is an accusation out there that Nova and ND are the same owner because a bunch of people were hating on New Dawn so they made a new company to start fresh or fool people but I don't believe that it's true. The same people who hated it before would hate it again.
This is a review of vendors. Mere curiosity. Not accusation. Nova and New Dawn are not they only vendors that are speculated being the same vendor, meaning the kratom is similar so maybe same production or farmer.....but different vendor names. I don't think there's anything wrong with the idea. Companies do this all the time, brand name vs. Generic... similar concept.
There's an accusation "out there" meaning on Reddit, not that this is one. It's not really a review which would be of a specific vendor but that's neither here nor there, it did get moved. I think it would more likely be really big companies who import on a large scale that would do this just as in other businesses maybe like General Mills could own Keebler and Nabisco (not a fact just saying as an example) but that's usually a result of buying them out I think rather than creating a new brand. With kratom you can't really come up with new products although people are trying like kratom drinks, forms of extracts, cigarettes (ugh), but kratom is kratom like sugar is sugar but so many variances in quality, drying methods, seasonal and source differences, so the best way to create more variety is increase suppliers from different areas. A new company with the same exact product wouldn't go very far IMO.