Page 1 of 1
Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:01 pm
by xymoriintus
It's not that I'm seeing any problems with this method, I just want to see if there's any difference between drinking straight up kratom tea and toss and wash powder. Tomorrow will be the first full day. Any of you have any experience doing this with noticable results?
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:14 pm
by Tcoppedge
I’ve tossed and washed a few times but it’s always too much powder. What I do is just let the sink run hot for a few seconds and mix my powder in that. I drink it just like that because I don’t mind the taste but you can always add some orange juice or chocolate milk and it’s fine. I’ve never noticed a difference in effects between the two methods
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:34 pm
by Renob
I’ve always gone with the toss and wash as my method of consumption so I can’t answer as to how different brewing tea is going to be. I’ve been very curious about different methods myself, but I always end up going with the tried and true swish and swallow! If you manage to do the tea method for an extended period (a whole day or more

), please update on the efficacy of the tea vs toss and wash! I get worried that I may lose a decent portion of the effects if I don’t consume all of the powder! Let us know what you think!
For anyone else reading, what is your go-to method? I’ve heard of the “red bubble” and tea but I always assumed that just swallowing the powder would produce the mist desirable effects.
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:58 pm
by add to descartes
the bad thing about making tea is that some of the alkaloids are lost or don't get extracted.
toss and wash is pretty gross. I always mix mine with a little orange juice and gulp it, then chase it with a sip of regular oj to avoid the taste. I've gotten so good at it that I usually don't taste any kratom at all.
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:04 pm
by Kelleytoons
I only tried T&W a couple of times (but the taste is just too awful for me) so capsules is all I ever do except for a brief experimentation with extracts.
But the previous poster is correct - even with using some acidic additive (the usual advice is some lemon juice) the most alkaloids you can ever extract with water is only 30%. So make sure you increase your dose accordingly.
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:45 pm
by Arob1000
I don’t mind the taste of Toss and wash, especially with some lemon juice added it’s actually pretty good with most high quality leaf.
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:49 pm
by Madvillain626
I've been t&w for so long it's like second nature atp. Usually with a glass of water +1 tbs of apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. It hits noticeablely harder than t&w with just water.
I made a tea a couple times early in my kratom journey, it was ok. Just prefer t&w
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:01 am
by SusieQ52
I guess I do the reverse T&W. I use water and then dump the kratom on top of water - with my head back and then swallow. I don't hardly ever taste kratom.
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:31 am
by IndelibleDotInk
i have to increase the amount of leaf by a lot to get effects, some peeps use 50% more, some use their regular dose.
i dislike the tea immensely, but haven't delved very far into the realm; every time produced a foul concoction.
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:48 am
by IjustFeltLikeRunnin’
SusieQ52 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:01 am
I don't hardly ever taste kratom.
Same here. I put the powder far enough back that it never touches my taste buds, then a gulp of water pushes it straight down my throat.
I can’t handle tea, because then you get all it’s flavor in full glory….

Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:33 pm
by BallzDeep9
I'm on a
New Years' Break from powder kratom - Taper Down to 1 gram servings +Drop of tincture. Tomorrow I'm set for Tea Only... It's really the "dirt" the powder so hard on my digestive tract... Some people, friends I know, never get constipated at all. Weird. Good thing about a Break ? When you come back after just a few days... it's like the first time again. Almost!

Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:01 pm
by dragonchaser
I never toss and wash, I'm too scared of inhaling it and choking somehow. I prefer to just put my 2 gs in a small juice bottle with a bit of water and take it like a shot, the taste doesn't bother me any more really, I guess I've tricked my brain into liking it. Making tea on the other hand, the amount of acid you have to use to make it work makes it taste so foul, and it's way more work. My daily dose is around 6 gs so the powder doesn't have any negative effects on me anyways, constipation, digestive issues etc. Kinda hard to be constipated when my morning coffee has me running to the the bathroom almost every time lol
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:28 pm
by Catcrazy
add to descartes wrote: ↑Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:58 pm
the bad thing about making tea is that some of the alkaloids are lost or don't get extracted.
toss and wash is pretty gross. I always mix mine with a little orange juice and gulp it, then chase it with a sip of regular oj to avoid the taste. I've gotten so good at it that I usually don't taste any kratom at all.
I've alway add my dose to a small amount of oj, mix it up real good in the oj bottle: drink in down all at once, add water to the bottle to get all the remnants and drink it. That's the way me and my husband have always taken kratom. Seems to work!
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:15 am
by KurtisCards
I’ll never understand you tossers
Mix with hot water and drink it, literally same thing, only less powder getting in your lungs and clothes
If you think it hits harder it’s placebo……
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:55 pm
by SusieQ52
I always do my T&W in a semi dark kitchen. There have been many mornings I take the dog out and get my coffee and my husband comes up for a morning kiss and his coffee and he wipes powder off of my chin and off my shirt! I always get so embarrassed! Or it's all over the floor. And here I'm thinking my kratom isn't working! I've only choked a few times but I concentrate hard everytime to make sure it's done perfectly every time. I'm much better than I use to be!
KurtisCards wrote: ↑Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:15 am
I’ll never understand you tossers
Mix with hot water and drink it, literally same thing, only less powder getting in your lungs and clothes
If you think it hits harder it’s placebo……
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:29 pm
by Arob1000
I think I misunderstood the whole Toss and Wash thing, I’ve never eaten dry powder, instead I mix it with water and if I have some a bit of lemon juice and drink it.
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:50 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
'toss n wash' is a misnomer:
fill 1/2 mouth with liquid
tilt head almost all the way back
open mouth
pour powder over water
keep head back and swallow
you'll choke or the powder may get on your tongue when practicing, but when you get it down, it's perfect
start with medium amount of powder, like 2g, upsize or reduce from there
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:50 am
by Roofdog
Arob1000 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:29 pm
I think I misunderstood the whole Toss and Wash thing, I’ve never eaten dry powder, instead I mix it with water and if I have some a bit of lemon juice and drink it.
Im with you. I toss mine in about 2oz of water for 15min b4 i dose. Most if not all powder is wet at that point. Then a quick stir and drink.
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:08 pm
by xymoriintus
I tried to do straight up tea for the first day but you just do not get the same effects like t&w. I've read that it's better to buy stem and vein for making tea so I think I'm going to try that, I just wanted to give the guts a little break. I don't have any problems with

or anything lol it's not that. I will continue to keep making tea because it has cut back the amount of actual powder I'm ingesting still so there's that

Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:47 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
the best is to mix with chocolate milk, but i never have that around, so toss n wash for me
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:34 am
by Jfish030
BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:33 pm
I'm on a
New Years' Break from powder kratom - Taper Down to 1 gram servings +Drop of tincture. Tomorrow I'm set for Tea Only... It's really the "dirt" the powder so hard on my digestive tract... Some people, friends I know, never get constipated at all. Weird. Good thing about a Break ? When you come back after just a few days... it's like the first time again. Almost!
100% at the almost part. Another option that should be shared more is to switch from greens to reds and try to keep same amount used. Switching from Reds to Greens and reducing amount used by 1/2 is also the flip side of that. That can switch things up for your brain/body.
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:35 am
by Jfish030
xymoriintus wrote: ↑Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:08 pm
I tried to do straight up tea for the first day but you just do not get the same effects like t&w. I've read that it's better to buy stem and vein for making tea so I think I'm going to try that, I just wanted to give the guts a little break. I don't have any problems with

or anything lol it's not that. I will continue to keep making tea because it has cut back the amount of actual powder I'm ingesting still so there's that
Crushed leaf is what i think you mean. Tea making you need 50% more leaf/powder to achieve similar effects.
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:39 am
by Kelleytoons
Jfish030 wrote: ↑Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:34 am
Another option that should be shared more is to switch from greens to reds and try to keep same amount used. Switching from Reds to Greens and reducing amount used by 1/2 is also the flip side of that. That can switch things up for your brain/body.
That's an interesting observation I did not think about (both switching aspects). As it stands I usually take both a green and a red each day, but I could see varying even this (like two greens one day, and then two reds the next).
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:39 pm
by Loveandpeace
Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:39 am
Jfish030 wrote: ↑Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:34 am
Another option that should be shared more is to switch from greens to reds and try to keep same amount used. Switching from Reds to Greens and reducing amount used by 1/2 is also the flip side of that. That can switch things up for your brain/body.
That's an interesting observation I did not think about (both switching aspects). As it stands I usually take both a green and a red each day, but I could see varying even this (like two greens one day, and then two reds the next).
I have done this many times. In fact, when I am T breakin, I will only dose with red bubble. I decrease amount of actual powdered leaf and get a nice, fat red nippy for each of my 3 doses through the day. This is a similar theory to your red/green trick.
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:31 pm
by Stumblin In
I can’t hardly stand the ol toss an wash method, so what I done was get a capsule making machine. When I’m ready to take some I use a sewing needle to poke holes in the capsules then swill them down with grapefruit juice. Seems ta work best fer me !?!
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:47 pm
by xymoriintus
Jfish030 wrote: ↑Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:35 am
xymoriintus wrote: ↑Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:08 pm
I tried to do straight up tea for the first day but you just do not get the same effects like t&w. I've read that it's better to buy stem and vein for making tea so I think I'm going to try that, I just wanted to give the guts a little break. I don't have any problems with

or anything lol it's not that. I will continue to keep making tea because it has cut back the amount of actual powder I'm ingesting still so there's that
Crushed leaf is what i think you mean. Tea making you need 50% more leaf/powder to achieve similar effects.
Yes crush leaf! I think I had lowering my tolerance on my mind when I wrote this so I put stem and vein lol. Hey I see you are a vendor, whats your business name?
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:50 pm
by xymoriintus
Stumblin In wrote: ↑Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:31 pm
I can’t hardly stand the ol toss an wash method, so what I done was get a capsule making machine. When I’m ready to take some I use a sewing needle to poke holes in the capsules then swill them down with grapefruit juice. Seems ta work best fer me !?!
Oh yeah I hear you, I don't really have a problem with t&w really I've been doing it for years, I just wanted to see if it would be worth it. Honestly it is so far, I'm going to keep doing it, but I do need to play with the formula how I am making the tea lol not sure if it's even necessary for me to use white vinegar to do it
Re: Taking a break from tossing and washing powder
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:55 pm
by Jfish030
xymoriintus wrote: ↑Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:47 pm
Jfish030 wrote: ↑Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:35 am
xymoriintus wrote: ↑Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:08 pm
I tried to do straight up tea for the first day but you just do not get the same effects like t&w. I've read that it's better to buy stem and vein for making tea so I think I'm going to try that, I just wanted to give the guts a little break. I don't have any problems with

or anything lol it's not that. I will continue to keep making tea because it has cut back the amount of actual powder I'm ingesting still so there's that
Crushed leaf is what i think you mean. Tea making you need 50% more leaf/powder to achieve similar effects.
Yes crush leaf! I think I had lowering my tolerance on my mind when I wrote this so I put stem and vein lol. Hey I see you are a vendor, whats your business name?
Herbal-RVA
Theres alot of smart people on this forum ask away with any questions or concerns.