Page 1 of 1

STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:27 pm
by Rhino236
The state of Georgia has filed a bill to schedule kratom as a schedule 1 substance. We gotta act quick. Below I’m going to post the bill and emails to all the representatives that are sponsoring this bill. We all need to email them opposing this asap.

https://legiscan.com/GA/comments/HB181/2023

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:01 pm
by herbalhippie
Thank you for letting us know about this. I posted the info at r/kratomm.

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:32 pm
by Madvillain626
So lame. Big pharma couldn't get kratom killed nationally so they are going to do it state by state. Not sure if comments from folks out of state will make a difference but I will get the word out. I have family down south and it's already been schedule I in Alabama since 2016.

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:57 pm
by Catcrazy
Research has proven that Kratom doesn't fit the criteria of schedule 1 or any other made up criteria. The positive effects outweigh any negative. The FDA cannot find substantial evidence to disprove any random theories. Big Pharma is at work again in Georgia. Ridiculous.

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:13 am
by mivanqua
All of this just goes to show you how good for you this stuff really is. Oh, and also their true intention of making you suffer one way or another. They know kratom doesn't get you high and that it is an "old person's drug" demographically, so yeah, now it's personal.

You can take this to the bank, I've yet to find it to be untrue whatever the scenario or statement from them :

Whatever the government says, the truth is exactly the opposite. Feel free to prove me wrong. I'm listening.

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:21 pm
by Lokey
I just wrote a long email to 11 email addresses I saw posted somewhere, some at lpcgov.com and some at house.ga.gov. if there's more I'll forward it.

Now I see I can post it as a comment which I will try.

I had a very hard time being able to post but was finally able to do it by logging out of Facebook and logging back in - and I did not know my Facebook profile is what would be posting the comment, not the user name I created on the account.
Not real thrilled about that.

The other addresses not listed here are: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:04 pm
by Csharpe
This was the response I got today from the representative that drafted the bill..

“ Thank you for your email regarding your thoughts and information on HB181. I have been contacted and talked with many constituents regarding Kratom who had bad experiences or knew of others who have suffered. After much research and talking to people at various government agencies is when I introduced HB181. This is a long and detailed process and l look forward to hearing from others as well. Again, I appreciate you reaching out.”

I got another response from a different rep that was a little more positive but looks like this is gonna be a drawn out fight. Continue to send in your emails folks at least they are taking the time to hear our side

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:54 pm
by Lokey
"Others who have suffered and after much research", yea right, it's just the misinformation wagon train.

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:38 am
by mivanqua
Lokey wrote: ↑Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:54 pm "Others who have suffered and after much research", yea right, it's just the misinformation wagon train.
Much research = first page of Google

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:52 am
by Adrumaddict
Csharpe wrote: ↑Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:04 pm This was the response I got today from the representative that drafted the bill..

“ Thank you for your email regarding your thoughts and information on HB181. I have been contacted and talked with many constituents regarding Kratom who had bad experiences or knew of others who have suffered. After much research and talking to people at various government agencies is when I introduced HB181. This is a long and detailed process and l look forward to hearing from others as well. Again, I appreciate you reaching out.”

I got another response from a different rep that was a little more positive but looks like this is gonna be a drawn out fight. Continue to send in your emails folks at least they are taking the time to hear our side
I received the same response from representative Townsend but haven’t gotten a response from any of the others yet. I sent a response to Townsend’s email as well but haven’t heard anything further from him.

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:23 am
by Kelleytoons
The politicos know as much about kratom as they know about guns - namely, nothing (or at least only what they are told by their masters). They would love nothing more than to ban guns and kratom and any individual liberty anyone ever had.

Just remember - the bigger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:26 am
by iamlurkerpro
The ones doing this are the ones who champion "smaller government". We need government to fight the rich,as the rich are the ones who want kratom banned. They want you buying their drugs that get you hooked so you keep buying and buying. Look at every state where they say big government is the problem,and you'll see them at the bottom of every list for education,health of the people and wealth inequality,freedom of expression,etc. Do not be fooled, the states with people arguing about big government are the ones with the least freedoms,unless you believe exactly what and how they believe. Banned books,banned drugs,banned ease of voting,banned womens right to choose, and much more brought to you by smaller gov people.

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:04 am
by Lokey
Adrumaddict wrote: ↑Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:52 am
Csharpe wrote: ↑Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:04 pm This was the response I got today from the representative that drafted the bill..

“ Thank you for your email regarding your thoughts and information on HB181. I have been contacted and talked with many constituents regarding Kratom who had bad experiences or knew of others who have suffered. After much research and talking to people at various government agencies is when I introduced HB181. This is a long and detailed process and l look forward to hearing from others as well. Again, I appreciate you reaching out.”

I got another response from a different rep that was a little more positive but looks like this is gonna be a drawn out fight. Continue to send in your emails folks at least they are taking the time to hear our side
I received the same response from representative Townsend but haven’t gotten a response from any of the others yet. I sent a response to Townsend’s email as well but haven’t heard anything further from him.
I got the exact same response also. I won't reply, I doubt he'll read it

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:37 am
by Madvillain626
I've had "bad experiences" with caffeine. :roll:

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:11 pm
by mivanqua
I've had "bad experiences" with women. I sent an e-mail to all of my lawmakers expressing my disdain for lack of action and DEMANDING that they look into this issue ASAP. Here is the response I received :

Thank you for your email regarding your thoughts and information on women I have been contacted and talked with many constituents regarding women who had bad experiences or knew of others who have suffered. After much research and talking to people at various government agencies is when I introduced the "Not One More Woman : Hashtag Something Something" bill This is a long and detailed process and l look forward to hearing from others as well. Again, I appreciate you reaching out."

🤣😂🤣

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:19 pm
by BookofEnoch1914
mivanqua wrote: ↑Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:11 pm I've had "bad experiences" with women. I sent an e-mail to all of my lawmakers expressing my disdain for lack of action and DEMANDING that they look into this issue ASAP. Here is the response I received :

Thank you for your email regarding your thoughts and information on women I have been contacted and talked with many constituents regarding women who had bad experiences or knew of others who have suffered. After much research and talking to people at various government agencies is when I introduced the "Not One More Woman : Hashtag Something Something" bill This is a long and detailed process and l look forward to hearing from others as well. Again, I appreciate you reaching out."

🤣😂🤣
😆LOL!!
The Struggle is Real!!

STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:42 pm
by Distherbed
I just sent my standard notice of HP opposition to all the GA committee members. Too bad they can't police themselves as well as they like to police trivial social issues! Oh well....

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:57 pm
by Csharpe
Well they tabled the bill so safe for now. I watched the whole livestream and it really seemed like the amount of time given was heavily skewed for those opposing kratom. Those that did show up for us made up for it with some great points and were really well spoken. The lawyers with active cases in GA speaking were just sickening and spouting the most bull shit.. the last one saying GA is “ground zero and they’re seeing 100 kratom deaths a month” . I don’t think it will but hopefully this bill will get buried

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:20 pm
by mivanqua
I've been pondering this quite a bit and to be honest it's time for them to put up or shut up as far as pot and/or kratom legality. Is it TRULY dangerous if you don't spray it with paraquat, assholes?

PS : went to Google and this was on the front page. Wow! Check out THOSE illustrious bedfellows! What they don't know and we do is that this was 86'd FOR NOW.

https://ibb.co/bWTqcbj

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:45 pm
by KratomFamily
Csharpe wrote: ↑Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:57 pm Well they tabled the bill so safe for now. I watched the whole livestream and it really seemed like the amount of time given was heavily skewed for those opposing kratom. Those that did show up for us made up for it with some great points and were really well spoken. The lawyers with active cases in GA speaking were just sickening and spouting the most bull shit.. the last one saying GA is “ground zero and they’re seeing 100 kratom deaths a month” . I don’t think it will but hopefully this bill will get buried
I heard there were Kratom advocates that actually showed up to testify, but backed out and left!!!

On another note, the very last guy to testify (the one in the suit and beard) knocked it out of the park. I'd love to know where he is. I'm going to listen to see what he said his name was...did anyone catch it?

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:56 am
by Kelleytoons
Csharpe wrote: ↑Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:57 pm the last one saying GA is “ground zero and they’re seeing 100 kratom deaths a month”
If I had been there I'd have shut down the entire bill inside of ten minutes.

My testimony would have been me showing up with samples from, say, five different vendors, all with mit reports, and said to the panel "Just tell me which one and how much I can take to kill me and I'll do it and then when I'm still alive tomorrow you can shut the fuck up."

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:12 am
by Lokey
Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:56 am
Csharpe wrote: ↑Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:57 pm the last one saying GA is “ground zero and they’re seeing 100 kratom deaths a month”
If I had been there I'd have shut down the entire bill inside of ten minutes.

My testimony would have been me showing up with samples from, say, five different vendors, all with mit reports, and said to the panel "Just tell me which one and how much I can take to kill me and I'll do it and then when I'm still alive tomorrow you can shut the fuck up."
I LOVE THIS! Maybe when they come to Florida?

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:22 am
by Kelleytoons
I promise you if they ever do I will be in Tallahassee quicker than you can imagine.

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:04 pm
by add to descartes
it's really only one side of the government that is, and has been, concerned with taking people's rights away. tbh I don't like either side, but it's important to vote for the people who aren't actively obsessed with rolling back the rights of the people (despite the attempts to make it difficult to vote.)

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:09 am
by Kelleytoons
I won't get into politics much, but I know what side YOU think that is, and it's the complete opposite (there is only one side that's trying to take away the right to bear arms, for free speech, and other such American rights).

But let's not talk about politics too much - if you want to argue about this go over to the private section (I won't join you because, life is WAY too short and neither of us will convince the other).

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:35 am
by mivanqua
Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:09 am I won't get into politics much, but I know what side YOU think that is, and it's the complete opposite (there is only one side that's trying to take away the right to bear arms, for free speech, and other such American rights).

But let's not talk about politics too much - if you want to argue about this go over to the private section (I won't join you because, life is WAY too short and neither of us will convince the other).
ALL politicians are scumbags and thieves, Kelly has this 100% correct. Best part is, they WANT us to argue about it and thus create a divided populus. Don't waste your time with the "which pile of dog shit is more beautiful" game. Garbage in --------> garbage out EVERY TIME

Re: STATE OF GEORGIA BANNING KRATOM

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:10 pm
by add to descartes
mivanqua wrote: ↑Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:35 am
Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:09 am I won't get into politics much, but I know what side YOU think that is, and it's the complete opposite (there is only one side that's trying to take away the right to bear arms, for free speech, and other such American rights).

But let's not talk about politics too much - if you want to argue about this go over to the private section (I won't join you because, life is WAY too short and neither of us will convince the other).
ALL politicians are scumbags and thieves, Kelly has this 100% correct. Best part is, they WANT us to argue about it and thus create a divided populus. Don't waste your time with the "which pile of dog shit is more beautiful" game. Garbage in --------> garbage out EVERY TIME
I wrote a huge long post, but I deleted it because it doesn't really belong in this thread.

I'm not "they", we are "us." let's not do this otherism thing. we should establish some sense of camaraderie here. I really feel like the media, mainstream and independent, is the main cause for all the divisiveness. there are very few unbiased, reliable sources. but anyway, we have different political stances, but we're all here for kratom, so let's just agree on that, and leave it at that, ok? i will anyway.

I'll be interested to see where this bill goes from here. I believe they passed the kratom consumer protection act in Mississippi, but I'm not sure exactly where it's at now. Connecticut also has some stuff going on.