Page 1 of 1

A lab finding assuredly unrelated to our beloved leaf but checking in anyway

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:32 pm
by WhiteAngelica
Kratomites,

I have been hittin' the Kratom hard these days and because I feel like a pile of steaming garbage, got blood work done when I had the chance. I knew I would be creepily anemic per usual (this predates my passion for Indonesian horticulture, so not that) but my B12 was positively wonky. I've been a vegetarian since I was 14, so that isn't new. And it is easy to have a B12 deficiency...but I don't. The maximum range is up to 800 and I came back with a B12 excess to the tune of...1287. That is fracking, fricking insane. My doctor doesn't even know what to do with that, so she threw some iron tablets at me.

Has anyone found their B12 to be excessive? I doubt this relates to kratom but I sort of hoped so because the alternatives are nothing good.

I miss NYC, when I had doctors for my exotic rare diseases. My old hematologists would know something about this, but that's the difference between civilization and three hours north of civilization.

PS: I am fine with any side effects of kratom, no matter what. I could cry for this plant.