Page 1 of 1
True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:57 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
also called 'reverse toss n wash'
-fast
-easy to do once practiced
-no extra prep
-sexy
-you will drive a sportscar
OK, not all of those are true, but t&w is the fastest and most convenient method to get your kratom down. I have successfully taken up to 10g at a time, (but that's a ridiculous dose, just stick to less is more and listen to the OGs and smarty pantses who have krat wisdom).
you will need:
-powdered kratom
-milligram scale
-small plastic condiment cup
-spoon
-non fizzy drink
-chaser (can be fizzy)
steps:
-weigh your dose and put it in the condiment cup
-get a medium gulp (hold it in your mouth) of your (non fizzy) drink and tilt your head back with your mouth open
-you have a mini-lake in your mouth, keep it level
-keep head back, mouth open, and dump your kratom on the surface of the lake
-still keep head back, relax and swallow. important to keep head back as you swallow
-use chaser. fizzy drink as a chaser is good to wash away any kbits
with practice you'll never choke on it, it takes only a few seconds, and is super convenient.
Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:18 pm
by boureka
I am a toss and wash person. Actually I've come to like the taste.

Never did more than a heavy 3.5 dose so you're in another league. Kudos Mine is slightly different in that I toss into a relatively dry mouth and then let the "lake" form.
One thing I'd add is be careful not to inhale or you're inviting an adventure with the wrong pipe. One time I tossed my dose into my mouth, bent down to a water fountain and inhaled that fountain water but good. I was choking up a storm

.
.
Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:23 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
bleh, it's not too bad, but still bleh.
you're a pro if you can toss into a dry mouth and tongue.
you made an essential tip, don't inhale!
welcome to the board ma'am!
Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:53 am
by boureka
In my family we have 3 toss and wash and 3 dissolve in water folks and we all look at the other side like they're crazy (if they t&w) or just wasting precious time (if they're dissolving in water).
Tried tea once and it was just nasty. I'd like to try red bubble for its reputed bioavailability...but just don't know how to make it.
Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:56 am
by nomo
anyone who is anti-toss n wash has just done the method incorrectly and has ptsd now lol i have found the limit to be about 2 grams per scoop tho before things can go bad, at least for me. i could never go back to capsules.
Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:54 pm
by Kelleytoons
Yeah, I don't know about that - T&W requires dexterity that many of us old people cannot manage. So don't go casting wide aspersions - some people just can't do it.
I'll stick with capsules.
Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:38 pm
by SeventhHeaven
IndelibleDotInk wrote: ↑Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:23 pm
bleh, it's not too bad, but still bleh.
you're a pro if you can toss into a dry mouth and tongue.
you made an essential tip, don't inhale!
welcome to the board ma'am!
First, a Most Excellent starting post on this thread

And yes, I've got the sexy and the sports car covered
Me, I'm strictly a Blate Papes kind of a guy. It's the only way I fly with kratom, but I mention it because I once - not very long ago - had a pape come apart just as I was starting to swallow. It startled me, and I did a small gasp of air through my nose.
Never do that. Nope nope nope. Thought I was gonna die for a couple minutes.
It all resolved in several minutes, but it WAS scary, and I can hereby officially declare that human lungs ARE NOT designed to breathe kratom powder.
Thank you, thank you, thank you very much. (best deep Elvis voice)
Still alive,
SeventhHeaven
Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:59 pm
by nomo
SeventhHeaven wrote: ↑Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:38 pm
IndelibleDotInk wrote: ↑Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:23 pm
bleh, it's not too bad, but still bleh.
you're a pro if you can toss into a dry mouth and tongue.
you made an essential tip, don't inhale!
welcome to the board ma'am!
First, a Most Excellent starting post on this thread

And yes, I've got the sexy and the sports car covered
Me, I'm strictly a Blate Papes kind of a guy. It's the only way I fly with kratom, but I mention it because I once - not very long ago - had a pape come apart just as I was starting to swallow. It startled me, and I did a small gasp of air through my nose.
Never do that. Nope nope nope. Thought I was gonna die for a couple minutes.
It all resolved in several minutes, but it WAS scary, and I can hereby officially declare that human lungs ARE NOT designed to breathe kratom powder.
Thank you, thank you, thank you very much. (best deep Elvis voice)
Still alive,
SeventhHeaven
thats the ptsd i was referring to

had the same thing happen and thought i was dying and went strictly capsules for a year+ before i ran out one day and was forced to toss n wash and discovered OP's method. i could never go back now that i know how to properly do it but it definitely is a real scary experience lol
Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:08 pm
by SeventhHeaven
nomo wrote: ↑Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:59 pm
thats the ptsd i was referring to

had the same thing happen and thought i was dying and went strictly capsules for a year+ before i ran out one day and was forced to toss n wash and discovered OP's method. i could never go back now that i know how to properly do it but it definitely is a real scary experience lol
LOL, I had a sneaky suspicion that's what you were talking about with PTSD!
I have a sensitive esophagus - plus a LYNX device at the bottom of it - so I'm going to stick with the Blate Papes, but it IS an interesting idea - probably work for me IF I drank a lot right after. Better would be to eat some food to get any remainder out of my esophagus, but that'd of course kill the "on an empty stomach" thing.
I may give it a try at some point when I'm feeling brave!

Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:16 pm
by boureka
When I had COVID I had to forego toss and wash for that period of time. You really can't if you're actively coughing. That being said, as soon as I could, I went right back.
One more thing..t&w is very easy and simple but there are simple rules. Between the time you put in your mouth and swallow, don't inhale because any dry powder in your mouth may head straight for the trachea. And don't drink straight from the faucet because you will inadvertently inhale. I know I mentioned inhaling before..but I can't emphasize that enough. It's the only way you will ever get in trouble. Especially if you're tossing into a dry mouth.
Ok, one MORE thing. One time I was in the car (passenger seat) and really wanted
my 3.25 (at the time) dose. REALLY wanted it. I guess that's the toss and saliva-only wash method. Did it in parts. Absolutely no water. Made it through another day.
Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:32 pm
by nomo
SeventhHeaven wrote: ↑Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:08 pm
nomo wrote: ↑Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:59 pm
thats the ptsd i was referring to

had the same thing happen and thought i was dying and went strictly capsules for a year+ before i ran out one day and was forced to toss n wash and discovered OP's method. i could never go back now that i know how to properly do it but it definitely is a real scary experience lol
LOL, I had a sneaky suspicion that's what you were talking about with PTSD!
I have a sensitive esophagus - plus a LYNX device at the bottom of it - so I'm going to stick with the Blate Papes, but it IS an interesting idea - probably work for me IF I drank a lot right after. Better would be to eat some food to get any remainder out of my esophagus, but that'd of course kill the "on an empty stomach" thing.
I may give it a try at some point when I'm feeling brave!
yeah i was definitely generalizing i know there will be some who medically can't but i'd say there's a big group of capsule users out there who can but have had similar experiences to ours and are now terrified of it. i use a 2g spoon as that seems to be about my limit before problems happen but always go liquid first while keeping head tilted back and dump the powder on top of liquid before swallowing and you will be mindblown. if done right you can't even tell you swallowed any powder. like you said though it might be a little different with your device and may wanna be cautious if you do eventually try it. maybe 1g scoops or something small to test it.
Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:33 pm
by nomo
boureka wrote: ↑Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:16 pm
When I had COVID I had to forego toss and wash for that period of time. You really can't if you're actively coughing. That being said, as soon as I could, I went right back.
One more thing..t&w is very easy and simple but there are simple rules. Between the time you put in your mouth and swallow, don't inhale because any dry powder in your mouth may head straight for the trachea. And don't drink straight from the faucet because you will inadvertently inhale. I know I mentioned inhaling before..but I can't emphasize that enough. It's the only way you will ever get in trouble. Especially if you're tossing into a dry mouth.
Ok, one MORE thing. One time I was in the car (passenger seat) and really wanted
my 3.25 (at the time) dose. REALLY wanted it. I guess that's the toss and saliva-only wash method. Did it in parts. Absolutely no water. Made it through another day.
3.25 dry is hardcore

Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:49 pm
by SeventhHeaven
nomo wrote: ↑Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:32 pm
yeah i was definitely generalizing i know there will be some who medically can't but i'd say there's a big group of capsule users out there who can but have had similar experiences to ours and are now terrified of it. i use a 2g spoon as that seems to be about my limit before problems happen but always go liquid first while keeping head tilted back and dump the powder on top of liquid before swallowing and you will be mindblown. if done right you can't even tell you swallowed any powder. like you said though it might be a little different with your device and may wanna be cautious if you do eventually try it. maybe 1g scoops or something small to test it.
Nah, if I try it it'll be 2g at a time, since that's what I put in a blate pape (4g total, usually, unless it's something I know is gonna be extra potent). If I can't do it in two swallows, I'll just stick with the papes anyway.
After all - what doesn't kill ya makes you stronger!
Before I found out about Blate Papes, in my early kratom days, I made "tea" with hot-ish water and the powder. I don't like the taste, but it wasn't as bad for me as it is for some (lookin' at YOU Kelleytoons

Once I discovered the papes, though, that's all I've done.
One of these days I'll wake up and say, "You know, I feel remarkably adventurous today! I do believe I'll try the True Toss 'n Wash Method!"
And the rest will be history, whichever way it goes

Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:49 pm
by SeventhHeaven
SeventhHeaven wrote: ↑Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:49 pm
nomo wrote: ↑Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:32 pm
yeah i was definitely generalizing i know there will be some who medically can't but i'd say there's a big group of capsule users out there who can but have had similar experiences to ours and are now terrified of it. i use a 2g spoon as that seems to be about my limit before problems happen but always go liquid first while keeping head tilted back and dump the powder on top of liquid before swallowing and you will be mindblown. if done right you can't even tell you swallowed any powder. like you said though it might be a little different with your device and may wanna be cautious if you do eventually try it. maybe 1g scoops or something small to test it.
Nah, if I try it it'll be 2g at a time, since that's what I put in a blate pape (4g total, usually, unless it's something I know is gonna be extra potent). If I can't do it in two swallows, I'll just stick with the papes anyway.
After all - what doesn't kill ya makes you stronger!
Before I found out about Blate Papes, in my early kratom days, I made "tea" with hot-ish water and the powder. I don't like the taste, but it wasn't as bad for me as it is for some (lookin' at YOU Kelleytoons

) Once I discovered the papes, though, that's all I've done.
One of these days I'll wake up and say, "You know, I feel remarkably adventurous today! I do believe I'll try the True Toss 'n Wash Method!"
And the rest will be history, whichever way it goes
Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:22 pm
by OriginalLHB
SeventhHeaven wrote: ↑Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:38 pm
IndelibleDotInk wrote: ↑Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:23 pm
bleh, it's not too bad, but still bleh.
you're a pro if you can toss into a dry mouth and tongue.
you made an essential tip, don't inhale!
welcome to the board ma'am!
First, a Most Excellent starting post on this thread

And yes, I've got the sexy and the sports car covered
Me, I'm strictly a Blate Papes kind of a guy. It's the only way I fly with kratom, but I mention it because I once - not very long ago - had a pape come apart just as I was starting to swallow. It startled me, and I did a small gasp of air through my nose.
Never do that. Nope nope nope. Thought I was gonna die for a couple minutes.
It all resolved in several minutes, but it WAS scary, and I can hereby officially declare that human lungs ARE NOT designed to breathe kratom powder.
Thank you, thank you, thank you very much. (best deep Elvis voice)
Still alive,
SeventhHeaven
I am a strictly Blate Papes guy also, and one time I experienced the exact same problem as you did with a pouch coming apart, but it did not end so happily. I threw the pod up through my nose, and there was about 2 grams of powder lodged in my nose. It took me two hours with a Neti Pot to get it all out. Never get Kratom in your nose. It is a very unpleasant experience to which being flayed alive would be preferable.

Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:13 pm
by SeventhHeaven
OriginalLHB wrote: ↑Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:22 pm
I am a strictly Blate Papes guy also, and one time I experienced the exact same problem as you did with a pouch coming apart, but it did not end so happily. I threw the pod up through my nose, and there was about 2 grams of powder lodged in my nose. It took me two hours with a Neti Pot to get it all out. Never get Kratom in your nose. It is a very unpleasant experience to which being flayed alive would be preferable.
Yep. I learned my lesson when I inhaled (a tiny amount of) kratom when the pape fell apart in my throat.
I'm now VERY CAREFUL, I make sure not to inhale once it's in my mouth, and I swallow HARD and make sure it went down, followed by about half a coffee mug of water per pape.
I don't even wanna think about what you experienced would feel like!
If there were medals for Kratom Bravery and Valor, you'd deserve one! Maybe instead of a Purple Heart, a Purple Kratom Leaf?
Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:08 am
by Eu4oric906
Im a mix w oj guy who goes to the t&w on occasion. Great tutorial love the lake reference.

Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:08 am
by brian b
All this toss and wash talk seems to me like when you're a kid trying not to taste medicine. All you need to do is measure your dose of powder, put it in a cup and add at least 10-14 oz of tap water. Kratom does not want to naturally mix with water, but it will! Have some patience as this takes a whopping 3-4 min. With a spoon start stirring the kratom and smashing the lumps against the side of the cup, forcing it to dissolve. When there's no more visible powder or lumps, drink that thing down. I know kratom isnt tasty, but it will get better for ya over time. Then drink another gulp or 2 of water, cause we all know that kratom dries you out, dehydrating if not enough water is consumed. This should ensure a good start.

Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:29 am
by boureka
brian b wrote: ↑Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:08 am
All this toss and wash talk seems to me like when you're a kid trying not to taste medicine. All you need to do is measure your dose of powder, put it in a cup and add at least 10-14 oz of tap water. Kratom does not want to naturally mix with water, but it will! Have some patience as this takes a whopping 3-4 min. With a spoon start stirring the kratom and smashing the lumps against the side of the cup, forcing it to dissolve. When there's no more visible powder or lumps, drink that thing down. I know kratom isnt tasty, but it will get better for ya over time. Then drink another gulp or 2 of water, cause we all know that kratom dries you out, dehydrating if not enough water is consumed. This should ensure a good start.
But we LIKE toss and wash! And having done both, you taste it less this way. If done correctly.
Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:32 pm
by nomo
brian b wrote: ↑Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:08 am
All this toss and wash talk seems to me like when you're a kid trying not to taste medicine. All you need to do is measure your dose of powder, put it in a cup and add at least 10-14 oz of tap water. Kratom does not want to naturally mix with water, but it will! Have some patience as this takes a whopping 3-4 min. With a spoon start stirring the kratom and smashing the lumps against the side of the cup, forcing it to dissolve. When there's no more visible powder or lumps, drink that thing down. I know kratom isnt tasty, but it will get better for ya over time. Then drink another gulp or 2 of water, cause we all know that kratom dries you out, dehydrating if not enough water is consumed. This should ensure a good start.
toss and wash is easily the quickest/easiest/most convenient method lol you are the one adding unnecessary extra steps
Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:29 pm
by OriginalLHB
Why everybody doesn't just put their dose in a Blate Pouch, toss it in their mouth, and wash it down with some water is beyond me. Back in the day, many a Kratom experience was diminished by the vile and lingering taste of Kratom dissolved in some beverage. I don't know how you guys do it.

Re: True Toss 'n Wash method
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:12 am
by brian b
nomo wrote: ↑Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:32 pm
brian b wrote: ↑Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:08 am
All this toss and wash talk seems to me like when you're a kid trying not to taste medicine. All you need to do is measure your dose of powder, put it in a cup and add at least 10-14 oz of tap water. Kratom does not want to naturally mix with water, but it will! Have some patience as this takes a whopping 3-4 min. With a spoon start stirring the kratom and smashing the lumps against the side of the cup, forcing it to dissolve. When there's no more visible powder or lumps, drink that thing down. I know kratom isnt tasty, but it will get better for ya over time. Then drink another gulp or 2 of water, cause we all know that kratom dries you out, dehydrating if not enough water is consumed. This should ensure a good start.
toss and wash is easily the quickest/easiest/most convenient method lol you are the one adding unnecessary extra steps
Whatever floats that boat, bud! No extra steps, just detailed for idiots
