Page 1 of 1

urban ice organics

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:25 pm
by kratomandmath
Has anyone tried them? They're really expensive but they're like the only vendor I know right now that is fully cGMP compliant. I'm considering purchasing from them just because of this. other vendors it seems are on the path to but they still sell kratom NFHC.

Re: urban ice organics

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:21 pm
by BallzDeep9
the only vendor I know right now that is fully cGMP compliant.
That MAY be true... OK, let's assume that is correct. Urban Ice Organix is also a terrible rip-off - selling a little 60-gram bottle of "Premium Bali" powder for $40 - that's 0.77 price per gram. Many Top Vendors compete at the "going rate" around 0.12 cents ppg - So that's like paying SIX times over.

Imagine buying a Quarter Kilo, not for $25 - or even a high price $40 - but getting totally screwed $150 on that same Quarter Kilo. That's what Urban Ice - and their retail headshop partners - have been doing... Based on that, I'd have to assume their cGMP bullshit is just a "gimmick" to fool you, and, take your money.. I understand they now have IndoLeaf at $60 per quarter.. This company is not worthy of our support, as consumers! :roll:

Why is the GMP thing a big deal, right now? I agree it's important going forward, but also a bigger discussion - cGMP guidelines are US government, FDA "best practices" for supplement manufacturing. Many raw, bulk, herbal products pre-DSHEA are not regulated by GMP or FDA approval.

Bottom line, IF you're really worried about raw, bulk, kratom - do 2 things: Quarantine and Filter. By doing those 2 things, you'd achieve most practical benefits of GMP without having to support a headshop rip-off company? JMHO - Thank You for posting - A worthy discussion! :)

Re: urban ice organics

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:32 pm
by WotAnAtti2d
I had some green leaf from them. It was given to me by a friend and it's some really good stuff. I made random samplers one time in swapsell and one of the guys that I used to talk to, got some, and wanted to buy some from me. I only have a bit left, so I was greedy, and had to turn him down, lol.

Re: urban ice organics

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:16 pm
by kratomandmath
BallzDeep9 wrote:
the only vendor I know right now that is fully cGMP compliant.
That MAY be true... OK, let's assume that is correct. Urban Ice Organix is also a terrible rip-off - selling a little 60-gram bottle of "Premium Bali" powder for $40 - that's 0.77 price per gram. Many Top Vendors compete at the "going rate" around 0.12 cents ppg - So that's like paying SIX times over.

Imagine buying a Quarter Kilo, not for $25 - or even a high price $40 - but getting totally screwed $150 on that same Quarter Kilo. That's what Urban Ice - and their retail headshop partners - have been doing... Based on that, I'd have to assume their cGMP bullshit is just a "gimmick" to fool you, and, take your money.. I understand they now have IndoLeaf at $60 per quarter.. This company is not worthy of our support, as consumers! :roll:

Why is the GMP thing a big deal, right now? I agree it's important going forward, but also a bigger discussion - cGMP guidelines are US government, FDA "best practices" for supplement manufacturing. Many raw, bulk, herbal products pre-DSHEA are not regulated by GMP or FDA approval.

Bottom line, IF you're really worried about raw, bulk, kratom - do 2 things: Quarantine and Filter. By doing those 2 things, you'd achieve most practical benefits of GMP without having to support a headshop rip-off company? JMHO - Thank You for posting - A worthy discussion! :)

I totally understand where you're coming from. Their prices are ridiculous. I do trust other vendor's kratom just fine. It's more of me wanting to keep kratom legal and believing that those vendors who do follow whatever the guidelines may be will help with that. I guess what I'm getting at is it's more of an "image" thing. I know the FDA doesn't 'approve' supplements or these kinds of things, although I will admit I am ignorant on the whole process for selling supplements in the market. But yeah that's my honest opinion as well :)

Re: urban ice organics

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:17 pm
by kratomandmath
WotAnAtti2d wrote:I had some green leaf from them. It was given to me by a friend and it's some really good stuff. I made random samplers one time in swapsell and one of the guys that I used to talk to, got some, and wanted to buy some from me. I only have a bit left, so I was greedy, and had to turn him down, lol.
I would probably turn him down as well with how expensive the kratom is lol