Page 1 of 1

Kanna during t-breaks?

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:41 pm
by AngelHippie
Can anyone give some insight about kanna? I just heard of it and thinking about trying it during my next t-break. I normally use s&v, but thinking something totally not in the kratom family might be good to try.

@eastmeetswest told me she got hers from Blue River Wellness, so that's where i'm gonna buy this time.

Specifically, I'd like to know if it helps with energy-i take kratom for my CFS, and my most recent break was really tough--not due to w/d (had none) but the super crippling fatigue came right back.

Thanks, friends!

Re: Kanna during t-breaks?

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:37 am
by deuceawesome
I read about it, was interested, but saw that it wasn't recommended if you are on an SSRI (which I am) so I stopped there.

Im lucky I have a script for Klonopin, I take a day or two off a week and one of those days take a half a klonopin.

Im hearing good things about ashagwanda as well, going to buy some of that.

Re: Kanna during t-breaks?

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:51 pm
by AngelHippie
deuceawesome wrote:I read about it, was interested, but saw that it wasn't recommended if you are on an SSRI (which I am) so I stopped there.

Im lucky I have a script for Klonopin, I take a day or two off a week and one of those days take a half a klonopin.

Im hearing good things about ashagwanda as well, going to buy some of that.

Oh really? Thanks for telling me. I am on Prozac so nope for me too.

I am going to try something called Mucuna Pruriens and post back. Oh, and gonna get some maca too. I hope both of these help during my tolerance breaks (take em every two weeks or so)

Re: Kanna during t-breaks?

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:52 pm
by AngelHippie
i'll probably try ashwaganda at some point too--i feel like I tried it once in the past, but worth a revisit.

Re: Kanna during t-breaks?

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:23 pm
by NobleSapien
Try Mulungu, it is a great sedative for evenings when you do not want to use Kratom. Kanna is more energy daytime thing.

Re: Kanna during t-breaks?

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:43 pm
by yaboobala
I have a bunch of kanna extract.....It's kind of blah..... Worth trying but nothing too special imo

Re: Kanna during t-breaks?

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:00 pm
by KRA311
I take adrafinil every once in a while. It's similar to modafinil, which is prescribed for people with narcolepsy. It's nothing like kratom, but if you want something that will help keep you awake during tolerance breaks, it does the trick. I bought mine at nootropicsdepot.com.

Re: Kanna during t-breaks?

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:04 pm
by AngelHippie
KRA311 wrote:I take adrafinil every once in a while. It's similar to modafinil, which is prescribed for people with narcolepsy. It's nothing like kratom, but if you want something that will help keep you awake during tolerance breaks, it does the trick. I bought mine at nootropicsdepot.com.

is that a natural herb? i'd rather stick to herbs. thank :)

Re: Kanna during t-breaks?

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:27 am
by deuceawesome
What about Blue Lotus? Haven't done much digging on that but have heard of it.


Also going to try micro dosing mushrooms. Have it ready to go just haven't had a proper day to dedicate to it yet, you know, just in case, :lol:

Re: Kanna during t-breaks?

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:28 am
by deuceawesome
AngelHippie wrote:
KRA311 wrote:I take adrafinil every once in a while. It's similar to modafinil, which is prescribed for people with narcolepsy. It's nothing like kratom, but if you want something that will help keep you awake during tolerance breaks, it does the trick. I bought mine at nootropicsdepot.com.

is that a natural herb? i'd rather stick to herbs. thank :)

Actually what about CBD? I can't smoke actual weed because it sends me loopy, but Im going to try some high CBD strains in the coming months.

Re: Kanna during t-breaks?

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:55 am
by AngelHippie
deuce i use cbd for my hip pain, but it doesn't nothing at all for my overwhelming fatigue. thanks ;)

Re: Kanna during t-breaks?

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:24 pm
by KRA311
AngelHippie wrote:
KRA311 wrote:I take adrafinil every once in a while. It's similar to modafinil, which is prescribed for people with narcolepsy. It's nothing like kratom, but if you want something that will help keep you awake during tolerance breaks, it does the trick. I bought mine at nootropicsdepot.com.

is that a natural herb? i'd rather stick to herbs. thank :)
Nope sorry!!

I've been researching Kanna. I think I'm going to give that a shot as well :)

Re: Kanna during t-breaks?

Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:05 pm
by Contourboar
Because you prefer activating substances, i would recommend looking into rhodiola rosea as opposed to ashwaghanda, which for some can exacerbate drowsiness. Rhodiola will not cause drowsiness. I do however love ashwaghanda and it may be a good step towards your recovery but just wanted to throw that out there.