Connoisseur Forum circa 2008-2013
-
Kratatomic
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 12:18 am
Connoisseur Forum circa 2008-2013
Anyone here from the old Kratom Connoisseur forums pre-2013?
Just curious as I have been offline from the kratom world since then. I don’t even know if I’d recognize usernames at this point, haha. I certainly can’t think of any off the top of my head...
Now that I’m starting all over again, born again smooth assed newb, coming to this forum and seeing the vast collections of strains and batches, I’m reminded of an old trick I had back in the day. This has probably been discussed, but there were members that seemed to share a similar body chemistry, and a strain that worked for one person worked for the rest. This might have been all in our heads, haha, but I found that to be a reliable gauge that did not disappoint...or it could have been that the options were limited and the odds of getting a good batch were higher back in the day too, haha. The mysteries of life!
I guess I did start this thread selfishly hoping to find someone who shared that old school SGM body chemistry and ask for permission to creepily stalk their post for reviews! Haha.
Just curious as I have been offline from the kratom world since then. I don’t even know if I’d recognize usernames at this point, haha. I certainly can’t think of any off the top of my head...
Now that I’m starting all over again, born again smooth assed newb, coming to this forum and seeing the vast collections of strains and batches, I’m reminded of an old trick I had back in the day. This has probably been discussed, but there were members that seemed to share a similar body chemistry, and a strain that worked for one person worked for the rest. This might have been all in our heads, haha, but I found that to be a reliable gauge that did not disappoint...or it could have been that the options were limited and the odds of getting a good batch were higher back in the day too, haha. The mysteries of life!
I guess I did start this thread selfishly hoping to find someone who shared that old school SGM body chemistry and ask for permission to creepily stalk their post for reviews! Haha.
-
Damen ck
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 404
- Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:30 pm
Re: Connoisseur Forum circa 2008-2013
I was a member but never posted...don't even remember my username. All the vendors I used back then don't even exist anymore, I don't think (k-warehouse anyone?) At the time, I was skeptical of people on KC saying this or that vendor was too expensive, I thought getting 100g for $50 was already such a good deal, anything cheaper would be lacking in quality. I was totally wrong on that one.
These days the good batches sell out so quickly, even if you get a lead on a good one, good luck getting the same one in time.
These days the good batches sell out so quickly, even if you get a lead on a good one, good luck getting the same one in time.
- gumbyke1
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 806
- Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
- Location: Dallas, Texas
Re: Connoisseur Forum circa 2008-2013
Hey Kratatomic, welcome to the forum! Im an old Kratom Connoissuer aka KCforum aka Mitra Dialogues member. I still have plenty of kratom from that era too (Herb Research, LeapingLeaf, Kratom Kats, Guthro's, Meridian Botanicals, etc...). If you are looking to get back into the game, you came to the right place. This forum is only about %1000 better. There is no censorship or "approved vendors" here... the folks here really know their kratom. I would say nice to meet you - but Im sure we have crossed paths back in the day... the community was a lot smaller then!
Welcome!
Welcome!
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
- gumbyke1
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 806
- Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
- Location: Dallas, Texas
Re: Connoisseur Forum circa 2008-2013
Damen ck wrote:I was a member but never posted...don't even remember my username. All the vendors I used back then don't even exist anymore, I don't think (k-warehouse anyone?) At the time, I was skeptical of people on KC saying this or that vendor was too expensive, I thought getting 100g for $50 was already such a good deal, anything cheaper would be lacking in quality. I was totally wrong on that one.
These days the good batches sell out so quickly, even if you get a lead on a good one, good luck getting the same one in time.
I actually still have some powder from Kratom-Warehouse.... I didnt think anyone would remember them!
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
-
Kratatomic
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 12:18 am
Re: Connoisseur Forum circa 2008-2013
Hey Damen! Wow, kratom-warehouse, good pull, haha! So true about the pricing man and I was with you, thinking premium price equaled premium leaf. I remember Maeng Da being sold for $300-400/kg, and that would sell out fast. A vendor once screwed up my order and sent me one of those pricey keys instead of the small sample order I had placed. He didn’t seem as concerned as I thought he’d be when I brought this to his attention and he told me to keep it and take the $350 loss, haha. Must’ve been quite the markup! I was happy for a while, but that got me thinking...Damen ck wrote:I was a member but never posted...don't even remember my username. All the vendors I used back then don't even exist anymore, I don't think (k-warehouse anyone?) At the time, I was skeptical of people on KC saying this or that vendor was too expensive, I thought getting 100g for $50 was already such a good deal, anything cheaper would be lacking in quality. I was totally wrong on that one.
These days the good batches sell out so quickly, even if you get a lead on a good one, good luck getting the same one in time.
-
Kratatomic
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 12:18 am
Re: Connoisseur Forum circa 2008-2013
Hey Gumby, thanks for the welcome! Haha, we likely did cross paths back then, small group for sure. No way! You have stock from back then!? That’s wild! I remember the great shelf-life & storage debates, haha, nobody knew how long leaf would retain potency long term. Oh shit! Flashback, I just realized the vacuum sealer I have in my kitchen right now was originally bought just to breakdown kilos back in the day, haha. Still works great! Couldn’t agree more about finding this place. Just one day has already been quiet the eye opener. Glad to be here.gumbyke1 wrote:Hey Kratatomic, welcome to the forum! Im an old Kratom Connoissuer aka KCforum aka Mitra Dialogues member. I still have plenty of kratom from that era too (Herb Research, LeapingLeaf, Kratom Kats, Guthro's, Meridian Botanicals, etc...). If you are looking to get back into the game, you came to the right place. This forum is only about %1000 better. There is no censorship or "approved vendors" here... the folks here really know their kratom. I would say nice to meet you - but Im sure we have crossed paths back in the day... the community was a lot smaller then!
Welcome!
-
Back2K
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 188
- Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 5:32 pm
Re: Connoisseur Forum circa 2008-2013
I actually remember you! I was Ganman on Kratom Connoisseurs/KCForums from about 2011-2013 until I got banned for failing to ship a Kratom tree to somebody that sent me 20$ for it, if that rings any bells. They didn't want to ban me as I was good "friends" as far as the internet goes with most of the mods, but they had to because I technically broke the rules. I was just at a very bad place in my life back then, and I had bad luck because a deer ate my tree before I was able to graft her a new sapling. I had already had great success rooting and selling several saplings, and I found the Kratom tree was super hearty and very healthy and easy to cut the branches and start a whole new tree. They usually rooted in 3 days! I had shipped the rest of my rooted saplings out already, and then the stupid freaking deer at my main 5 foot tall kratom plant. The lady who paid for the plant knew that it wasn't ready yet, and it sucked when that happened because I was also extremely broke and was behind on rent, it was just a bad time in my life. I was unable to send her money back to her for several months, which I eventually did, but was already banned by that point. I had even got into harder drugs right around that time. But it was a long time ago, and thankfully things are way better for me now! I actually left that dysfunctional relationship I was in at the time, graduated college, and I am married to a much more amazing woman now. I also have been off the "hard stuff" for over 3 years, and made the switch from methadone to subs, then weaned down to 1mg twice a day now, and now I am trying to switch from the subs to occasional kratom use.Kratatomic wrote:Anyone here from the old Kratom Connoisseur forums pre-2013?
Just curious as I have been offline from the kratom world since then. I don’t even know if I’d recognize usernames at this point, haha. I certainly can’t think of any off the top of my head...
Now that I’m starting all over again, born again smooth assed newb, coming to this forum and seeing the vast collections of strains and batches, I’m reminded of an old trick I had back in the day. This has probably been discussed, but there were members that seemed to share a similar body chemistry, and a strain that worked for one person worked for the rest. This might have been all in our heads, haha, but I found that to be a reliable gauge that did not disappoint...or it could have been that the options were limited and the odds of getting a good batch were higher back in the day too, haha. The mysteries of life!
I guess I did start this thread selfishly hoping to find someone who shared that old school SGM body chemistry and ask for permission to creepily stalk their post for reviews! Haha.
I am getting back into Kratom because I am trying to transition off of subs. I have actually found 2mg of subs a day do pretty much nothing to block Kratom, quite the opposite in fact. They seem to almost have a synergy of sorts! Either way, it's cool to see you! Hopefully I'm not shamed to hard for what I did on KCForums, but I figured I may as well let old friends like you know who I am if you remember me at all.
-
Back2K
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 188
- Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 5:32 pm
Re: Connoisseur Forum circa 2008-2013
I remember the Leaping Leaf. He was actually one of my go to vendors. The Kratom was never exceptional, but was always reliably GOOD,like a solid 6-7/10, and worked well, and never tasted bad either. I remember several of the extremely popular vendors on KCForums were a complete miss for me. I forget exactly who they were, but I think one was meridian botanicals, and they stopped selling kratom directly on that site and had like a secret kratom site? Which had a black panther on the front page and you had to be a member, if that rings any bells? I could be totally wrong about it being the same owner as meridian botanicals by the way! I really can't remember! I got Kratom from whoever that vendor was that smelled like literal fish, and the rest of them didn't really do anything at all.gumbyke1 wrote:Hey Kratatomic, welcome to the forum! Im an old Kratom Connoissuer aka KCforum aka Mitra Dialogues member. I still have plenty of kratom from that era too (Herb Research, LeapingLeaf, Kratom Kats, Guthro's, Meridian Botanicals, etc...). If you are looking to get back into the game, you came to the right place. This forum is only about %1000 better. There is no censorship or "approved vendors" here... the folks here really know their kratom. I would say nice to meet you - but Im sure we have crossed paths back in the day... the community was a lot smaller then!
Welcome!
The second vendor was an older woman who sold kratom. I forget her name too, but she was like the most popular vendor at the time on the forums that everyone was raving about. Her prices were really high, like 18$ an ounce. I bought about 4 ounces, and none of them did absolutely anything for me again
Then there was another new vendor who had a cool name, like gaia or spirit botanicals or something like that. Only ordered once so again, I can't remember. He was a young blonde guy and was new to the vendor scene back in 2013 around the time I stopped using KCForums. His green borneo was amazing and was the best "supplement" I have ever used in my life, and most certainly the best Kratom. Sadly he was sold out by the time I tried to order more. Wish I could remember who that dam vendor was!
-
Kratatomic
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 12:18 am
Re: Connoisseur Forum circa 2008-2013
Hey Back2K! Glad you are doing well, and find yourself in a better place today. Kratom sure is an amazing plant! Hang in there. My memory must not be holding up after all these years, that username isn’t ringing any bells, forgive me. I do remember the sapling trade going around back then, but again my memory on specifics has faded. Deeeeeer god, nooooo!!!! I just lost three saplings (not kratom) to damn deer earlier this year, haha.Back2K wrote:I actually remember you! I was Ganman on Kratom Connoisseurs/KCForums from about 2011-2013 until I got banned for failing to ship a Kratom tree to somebody that sent me 20$ for it, if that rings any bells. They didn't want to ban me as I was good "friends" as far as the internet goes with most of the mods, but they had to because I technically broke the rules. I was just at a very bad place in my life back then, and I had bad luck because a deer ate my tree before I was able to graft her a new sapling. I had already had great success rooting and selling several saplings, and I found the Kratom tree was super hearty and very healthy and easy to cut the branches and start a whole new tree. They usually rooted in 3 days! I had shipped the rest of my rooted saplings out already, and then the stupid freaking deer at my main 5 foot tall kratom plant. The lady who paid for the plant knew that it wasn't ready yet, and it sucked when that happened because I was also extremely broke and was behind on rent, it was just a bad time in my life. I was unable to send her money back to her for several months, which I eventually did, but was already banned by that point. I had even got into harder drugs right around that time. But it was a long time ago, and thankfully things are way better for me now! I actually left that dysfunctional relationship I was in at the time, graduated college, and I am married to a much more amazing woman now. I also have been off the "hard stuff" for over 3 years, and made the switch from methadone to subs, then weaned down to 1mg twice a day now, and now I am trying to switch from the subs to occasional kratom use.
I am getting back into Kratom because I am trying to transition off of subs. I have actually found 2mg of subs a day do pretty much nothing to block Kratom, quite the opposite in fact. They seem to almost have a synergy of sorts! Either way, it's cool to see you! Hopefully I'm not shamed to hard for what I did on KCForums, but I figured I may as well let old friends like you know who I am if you remember me at all.
-
Kratatomic
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 12:18 am
Re: Connoisseur Forum circa 2008-2013
Back2K wrote:I remember the Leaping Leaf. He was actually one of my go to vendors. The Kratom was never exceptional, but was always reliably GOOD,like a solid 6-7/10, and worked well, and never tasted bad either. I remember several of the extremely popular vendors on KCForums were a complete miss for me. I forget exactly who they were, but I think one was meridian botanicals, and they stopped selling kratom directly on that site and had like a secret kratom site? Which had a black panther on the front page and you had to be a member, if that rings any bells? I could be totally wrong about it being the same owner as meridian botanicals by the way! I really can't remember! I got Kratom from whoever that vendor was that smelled like literal fish, and the rest of them didn't really do anything at all.
The second vendor was an older woman who sold kratom. I forget her name too, but she was like the most popular vendor at the time on the forums that everyone was raving about. Her prices were really high, like 18$ an ounce. I bought about 4 ounces, and none of them did absolutely anything for me again![]()
![]()
Then there was another new vendor who had a cool name, like gaia or spirit botanicals or something like that. Only ordered once so again, I can't remember. He was a young blonde guy and was new to the vendor scene back in 2013 around the time I stopped using KCForums. His green borneo was amazing and was the best "supplement" I have ever used in my life, and most certainly the best Kratom. Sadly he was sold out by the time I tried to order more. Wish I could remember who that dam vendor was!
So funny! Your descriptions of those vendors...I can totally visualize all their old websites now, but can’t remember the names or details either, haha. Prices again too, jeez, ordering several 1oz bags to try would cost near $200, and lucky to find three that worked. Yup, the real kicker was going back to buy those three in bulk and they’re all sold out! Haha. Had to start all over, I do NOT miss those days.
-
Back2K
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 188
- Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 5:32 pm
Re: Connoisseur Forum circa 2008-2013
Kratatomic wrote:Hey Back2K! Glad you are doing well, and find yourself in a better place today. Kratom sure is an amazing plant! Hang in there. My memory must not be holding up after all these years, that username isn’t ringing any bells, forgive me. I do remember the sapling trade going around back then, but again my memory on specifics has faded. Deeeeeer god, nooooo!!!! I just lost three saplings (not kratom) to damn deer earlier this year, haha.Back2K wrote:I actually remember you! I was Ganman on Kratom Connoisseurs/KCForums from about 2011-2013 until I got banned for failing to ship a Kratom tree to somebody that sent me 20$ for it, if that rings any bells. They didn't want to ban me as I was good "friends" as far as the internet goes with most of the mods, but they had to because I technically broke the rules. I was just at a very bad place in my life back then, and I had bad luck because a deer ate my tree before I was able to graft her a new sapling. I had already had great success rooting and selling several saplings, and I found the Kratom tree was super hearty and very healthy and easy to cut the branches and start a whole new tree. They usually rooted in 3 days! I had shipped the rest of my rooted saplings out already, and then the stupid freaking deer at my main 5 foot tall kratom plant. The lady who paid for the plant knew that it wasn't ready yet, and it sucked when that happened because I was also extremely broke and was behind on rent, it was just a bad time in my life. I was unable to send her money back to her for several months, which I eventually did, but was already banned by that point. I had even got into harder drugs right around that time. But it was a long time ago, and thankfully things are way better for me now! I actually left that dysfunctional relationship I was in at the time, graduated college, and I am married to a much more amazing woman now. I also have been off the "hard stuff" for over 3 years, and made the switch from methadone to subs, then weaned down to 1mg twice a day now, and now I am trying to switch from the subs to occasional kratom use.
I am getting back into Kratom because I am trying to transition off of subs. I have actually found 2mg of subs a day do pretty much nothing to block Kratom, quite the opposite in fact. They seem to almost have a synergy of sorts! Either way, it's cool to see you! Hopefully I'm not shamed to hard for what I did on KCForums, but I figured I may as well let old friends like you know who I am if you remember me at all.
Thanks man! And that sucks about the deer! They loved the Kratom plant!
-
Adamantius
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:55 am
Re: Connoisseur Forum circa 2008-2013
I was Sensei23, finally just found my way here. Anyone else still around?