Page 1 of 1
Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:35 am
by deathwithafi
I buy from them almost exclusively. There are a lot of strains of theirs that I like. The glows, the smile, green zareena, green Vietnam. I think White banjo has been their best offering. I was wondering what are some of your favorites or anything that stands out to you? Thank you.
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:02 am
by SaintedHeretic
How's the current batch of Red Glow? It was probably November the last time I had the glow. I've been wanting to get it again just not sure if this current batch is any different. STH doesn't put batch numbers on their bags so it's hard to tell lol
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:39 am
by NiqueKristan
You listed my favorites. I 100% do not mean this in a snarky way- if you use the search bar and type in “sth favorites” you’ll see answers from a lot more people!
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:18 pm
by doublemusername
SaintedHeretic wrote: ↑Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:02 am
How's the current batch of Red Glow? It was probably November the last time I had the glow. I've been wanting to get it again just not sure if this current batch is any different. STH doesn't put batch numbers on their bags so it's hard to tell lol
I just got in some of his Red Glow and Red Bali. I got home kind of late and didn't finish capping until about 8pm and knew I should have waited until the next day but went ahead and dosed anyway.
Man let me tell you it most definitely hit. My head felt kind of like it was on a code and tingly all over. I couldn't sleep I was up until 4am until I gave in and dosed some benzos to know out. I'm on the Red Bali today to and it's bomb as well.
Usually my go to was Gulf Coast but he was out of the Bali and I'm glad I went with STH. Now that I've found this forum I'm thinking I'm definitely going to be experimenting with different vendors.
Edit: Now that I've tried the Red Glow a few times to be honest it's not complete crap but it's no Bali.
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:35 pm
by deathwithafi
SaintedHeretic wrote: ↑Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:02 am
How's the current batch of Red Glow? It was probably November the last time I had the glow. I've been wanting to get it again just not sure if this current batch is any different. STH doesn't put batch numbers on their bags so it's hard to tell lol
Still pretty good. Yea batch numbers would be nice, it's one of my staples.
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:16 pm
by dimmitree
My recent White Banjo order (on Mar 4) was really mediocre. It's definitely gone down in quality, but I guess it had to someday. It was probably the best for almost a year. That said, the OG Green Kali was about the same. I'm also looking for new strains from them because my favorites have been kinda meh. The last order of green dragon I got when he was running the 69 kilo sale was really good, but his green dragon has been hit or miss since I started adding it into my rotation a few years ago. Might try one of the smiles next time.
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:20 pm
by sodarulz
doublemusername wrote: ↑Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:18 pm
SaintedHeretic wrote: ↑Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:02 am
How's the current batch of Red Glow? It was probably November the last time I had the glow. I've been wanting to get it again just not sure if this current batch is any different. STH doesn't put batch numbers on their bags so it's hard to tell lol
I just got in some of his Red Glow and Red Bali. I got home kind of late and didn't finish capping until about 8pm and knew I should have waited until the next day but went ahead and dosed anyway.
Man let me tell you it most definitely hit. My head felt kind of like it was on a code and tingly all over. I couldn't sleep I was up until 4am until I gave in and dosed some benzos to know out. I'm on the Red Bali today to and it's bomb as well.
Usually my go to was Gulf Coast but he was out of the Bali and I'm glad I went with STH. Now that I've found this forum I'm thinking I'm definitely going to be experimenting with different vendors.
Edit: Now that I've tried the Red Glow a few times to be honest it's not complete crap but it's no Bali.
Oh yeah his Red Bali and Baik Bali are my two favorites. The Baik is a little milder and gives a little more energy along with good moods, the Bali is a good time at night. Very strong
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:21 pm
by BallzDeep9
deathwithafi wrote: ↑Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:35 am
I buy from them almost exclusively. There are a lot of strains of theirs that I like. The glows, the Smile....
Email Notice today -
Spring Sale, "Beautiful Restocks"
Our farmers and suppliers are working hard to give us Premium small batches. We're very happy with the results of the current inventory!
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:05 pm
by chaosmonkey
My last couple orders from STH have been mostly crap, with a little "meh" thrown in for flavor. I'm hoping it's just the time of year or something and he'll figure his shit out at some point in the near future.
I f*king hate that he doesn't do batch numbers. Multiple times I've ask for more of a specific batch and he says "sure, we have it", so I order it, with the requested batch in the order notes as instructed, but only about 40% of the time I get what I asked for. The rest of the time I get crap.
I asked him about that once. He said that "there's variation among batches" but that's gotta be BS because I rarely have that happen with venders that label their batches.
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:45 pm
by Lokey
chaosmonkey wrote: ↑Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:05 pm
My last couple orders from STH have been mostly crap, with a little "meh" thrown in for flavor. I'm hoping it's just the time of year or something and he'll figure his shit out at some point in the near future.
I f*king hate that he doesn't do batch numbers. Multiple times I've ask for more of a specific batch and he says "sure, we have it", so I order it, with the requested batch in the order notes as instructed, but only about 40% of the time I get what I asked for. The rest of the time I get crap.
I asked him about that once. He said that "there's variation among batches" but that's gotta be BS because I rarely have that happen with venders that label their batches.
How does anyone pick "strains" without any description which is a common dilemma. Just placed an order based mostly on reviews but I find that's not reliable. Just have to guess, even with descriptions and batch numbers but the attempt would be appreciated.
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:41 pm
by Jonathontru2it
Blue flame, dragon milk, lunar eclipse are my current favorite s
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:04 pm
by chaosmonkey
Lokey wrote: ↑Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:45 pm
chaosmonkey wrote: ↑Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:05 pm
My last couple orders from STH have been mostly crap, with a little "meh" thrown in for flavor. I'm hoping it's just the time of year or something and he'll figure his shit out at some point in the near future.
I f*king hate that he doesn't do batch numbers. Multiple times I've ask for more of a specific batch and he says "sure, we have it", so I order it, with the requested batch in the order notes as instructed, but only about 40% of the time I get what I asked for. The rest of the time I get crap.
I asked him about that once. He said that "there's variation among batches" but that's gotta be BS because I rarely have that happen with venders that label their batches.
How does anyone pick "strains" without any description which is a common dilemma. Just placed an order based mostly on reviews but I find that's not reliable. Just have to guess, even with descriptions and batch numbers but the attempt would be appreciated.
Mostly I just go off of people's reviews/comments/recommendations here on DoubleM, although there's still a lot of variation among specific batches and vendors.
This forum, and the people on it, have been a huge help and I don't say thank you nearly enough
I wish that all vendors had websites like Lucky Herbals. I like the way LH has descriptions for each of their strains and especially that they list specific batches individually. The fact that ppl can leave reviews on those batches is also a plus.
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:16 pm
by Lokey
chaosmonkey wrote: ↑Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:05 pm
My last couple orders from STH have been mostly crap, with a little "meh" thrown in for flavor. I'm hoping it's just the time of year or something and he'll figure his shit out at some point in the near future.
I f*king hate that he doesn't do batch numbers. Multiple times I've ask for more of a specific batch and he says "sure, we have it", so I order it, with the requested batch in the order notes as instructed, but only about 40% of the time I get what I asked for. The rest of the time I get crap.
I asked him about that once. He said that "there's variation among batches" but that's gotta be BS because I rarely have that happen with venders that label their batches.
I think by variation among batches means you can have one batch and take several samples from the same batch for testing and get different lab results for the different samples but even so, it's worth knowing if you're getting a batch you know you liked.
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:06 pm
by BallzDeep9
Lokey wrote: ↑Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:16 pm
I think by variation among batches means you can have one batch and take several samples from the same batch for testing and
get different lab results for the different samples ...
When it's "Small Batch" kratom, Lab testing
should be consistent !? 
At least per a few 100 kilos of the same "strain". Kilos packed 25 per Box and contents should be labeled. IF the batch is Indo blended "strains" anyway ?
This is WHY,
transparency is so important.

and missing, in the Kratom biz where everything's a big damn "Trade Secret"...

Kudos to some vendors who participate on MM, or elsewhere online, and give customers a bit of insight. A few examples: Lucky Herbals, Treasure House, Herbal RVA, Okie Kratom, Rhino Remedies, TFH, etc. The good guys, give updates on their Re-stocks, have batch #,
current Labs, dates, and details of each shipment.
I like
Smiley Time, but imo sadly since he's pulled back from MeWe and no longer gives much Info... Only advertising, and a vague notice of stock on website (Limit quantity 500 gram etc.) - So he's like the majority of vendors. Liza's another example. MOST vendors are like this - But I think Smiley would help his biz, by having some kind of Blog, Forum, FB page, etc. He's had some excellent quality, over past few years.
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:26 pm
by Supersonic75
chaosmonkey wrote: ↑Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:05 pm
My last couple orders from STH have been mostly crap, with a little "meh" thrown in for flavor. I'm hoping it's just the time of year or something and he'll figure his shit out at some point in the near future.
I f*king hate that he doesn't do batch numbers. Multiple times I've ask for more of a specific batch and he says "sure, we have it", so I order it, with the requested batch in the order notes as instructed, but only about 40% of the time I get what I asked for. The rest of the time I get crap.
I asked him about that once. He said that "there's variation among batches" but that's gotta be BS because I rarely have that happen with venders that label their batches.
Yeah, I totally hear ya. And not to STH-bash here, but.......I've gotten some amazing batches from them over the past couple of years, but the hit to miss ratio was usually around 1:2 at best so I stopped since I'd discovered better vendors here at MM. A few months back I heard a lot of folks raving about some new batches, so I tried sample-sized bags of 7 of them and exactly one of them hit well for me. I assumed that I was just too late to the game and that the product had already changed, because the other 6 were really not good at all. If he had better quality control and less strains, it would be great to buy there once in a while.
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:12 pm
by Lokey
BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:06 pm
Lokey wrote: ↑Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:16 pm
I think by variation among batches means you can have one batch and take several samples from the same batch for testing and
get different lab results for the different samples ...
When it's "Small Batch" kratom, Lab testing
should be consistent !? 
At least per a few 100 kilos of the same "strain". Kilos packed 25 per Box and contents should be labeled. IF the batch is Indo blended "strains" anyway ?
This is WHY,
transparency is so important.
It was just a guess why he might have said that.
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:59 am
by Annieclover
NiqueKristan wrote: ↑Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:39 am
You listed my favorites. I 100% do not mean this in a snarky way- if you use the search bar and type in “sth favorites” you’ll see answers from a lot more people!
Yeah that's cool
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:17 pm
by pizza172
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but after trying STH for the first time I’m not impressed. I got the small bags of Blue Flame, SG Smile, Super White Malay, Green Batak, and Red Bent. I’ve tried all of them and the only one that hit was the SG Smile, and that was mediocre at best. I realize leaf can be a very fickle bitch at times, but I am a very “routine” person and tend to do the same thing day in and day out. For some reason my morning and nighttime doses can be hit and miss, but my 4:00pm dose always hits - never fails (I’m a 2nd shifter and this is just before I start working). So anytime I try a new product, I make sure I do it at 4:00pm. Hopefully my second time through STH might hit me. Totally bummed…
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:25 pm
by IndelibleDotInk
pizza172 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:17 pm
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but after trying STH for the first time I’m not impressed. I got the small bags of Blue Flame, SG Smile, Super White Malay, Green Batak, and Red Bent. I’ve tried all of them and the only one that hit was the SG Smile, and that was mediocre at best. I realize leaf can be a very fickle bitch at times, but I am a very “routine” person and tend to do the same thing day in and day out. For some reason my morning and nighttime doses can be hit and miss, but my 4:00pm dose always hits - never fails (I’m a 2nd shifter and this is just before I start working). So anytime I try a new product, I make sure I do it at 4:00pm. Hopefully my second time through STH might hit me. Totally bummed…
Smiley never hit for me.
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:31 pm
by PistolsAtDawn
I bought a kilo of PR Nanga and a kilo of SG Borneo that were on special. Took a leap of faith on the first, but the second was ordered based on how good the first was. Both are so reliable for me, I doled some out into jars that sit on my counter where I weigh doses. They are my go-to's along with Lucky Herbals' GMD.
I have Green Smile and Green Glow as well as a few others that were purchased in smaller quantities. They are all good, yet for me none have ever struck me as truly special, but only a very select few batches from any of my vendors ever have struck me that way. Not even what I've tried from TFH. I think that's just a personal thing for everyone. I wish it were more reliable, but it is what it is.
STH has very good pricing and I'm happy with what I've got. I'll probably order again at some point in the future when my current stock gets low.
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Sun May 01, 2022 5:11 pm
by Tggtz9195
Agree. It seems the longer you use leaf the harder it is to find something that truly "wows" you. I guess that is just one of the things that happens with tolerance
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:54 pm
by lemichaels
I am a newbie and have a couple of questions for you guys. Does anyone know the difference between Smiley's Red Bali and the Red Bali 2.0? I couldn't find any descriptions on the website.
is Red Bali 2.0 faster than the regular Red Bali?
I liked the Red Smile for pain relief but that made me super shakey, alot more than the Red Bent. I can't even drink coffee because I get so shakey and nervous.
I have scoliosis and suffer from pain daily. I get really shakey about an hour after I dose so I like to stick to the slow ones. Even the slow reds make me shakey and uncomfortable but I need to take it for pain. I get the least shakey on the Red Bent but it seems like the Red Bali gives better pain relief. I take 6 grams at a time and it usually wears off after 2 hours but I try not to dose again until after 3 hours.
Also, does anyone know which red strain is best for pain?
Any input is appreciated. Do you think I said shakey enough times? lol
Thanks
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:21 am
by Lokey
lemichaels wrote: ↑Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:54 pm
I am a newbie and have a couple of questions for you guys. Does anyone know the difference between Smiley's Red Bali and the Red Bali 2.0? I couldn't find any descriptions on the website.
is Red Bali 2.0 faster than the regular Red Bali?
I liked the Red Smile for pain relief but that made me super shakey, alot more than the Red Bent. I can't even drink coffee because I get so shakey and nervous.
I have scoliosis and suffer from pain daily. I get really shakey about an hour after I dose so I like to stick to the slow ones. Even the slow reds make me shakey and uncomfortable but I need to take it for pain. I get the least shakey on the Red Bent but it seems like the Red Bali gives better pain relief. I take 6 grams at a time and it usually wears off after 2 hours but I try not to dose again until after 3 hours.
Also, does anyone know which red strain is best for pain?
Any input is appreciated. Do you think I said shakey enough times? lol
Thanks
Maybe eating something shortly after your serving would help? I get shaky but usually only if I dose too often or too much or haven't eaten and am under a lot of stress (which I am lately, and it definitely contributes to it). I don't know which is best for strain but many like Red Glow.
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:37 am
by pray4peace4
I understand the frustration with buying kratom & it's a dud. The first 3 times I ordered from STH, they were all duds so I didn't use them again until last March when someone spoke well of 5 or 6 strains. From that I've had very good luck with Red Smile, Dragon Fire, & Dragon Fire 2.0., but none of his other strains. I love DF 2, but if I dose that twice in one day, my wife has to peel me off the ceiling. To be honest, the success-to-dud ratio of his stuff doesn't seem any different than any other vendors I've tried. For the vast majority of vendors talked about on this forum, not one of their strains has had any effect on me. I mentioned a couple of those vendors on here about 2 years ago & they got all pushed outta shape & how dare I say that about them! Well tough... You want me to lie? Really? Kratom is so fickle & personal chemistry differences on top of that that comparisons don't make a lot of sense. We all have to accept that & move on. Having reviews to guide us is invaluable, but most of the time there's still duds. I read that Ballz makes extract out of the crummy stuff. I gotta learn how to do that so my stash becomes useful. I certainly have a lifetime supply of candidates.
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:10 am
by BallzDeep9
lemichaels wrote: ↑Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:54 pm
I am a newbie and have a couple of questions for you guys. -- I have scoliosis and suffer from pain daily -- I take 6 grams at a time and it usually wears off after 2 hours but I try not to dose again until after 3 hours.
Sorry to hear about that.
Chronic Pain is gotta be frustrating... Kratom is kratom, the Relief is not as good as opiates... Taking more & more kratom does not always give more Relief, because there's a built in Ceiling Effect - you'll find it wearing off sooner, until your Tolerance has gotten so bad, that Kratom no longer works at 30 gpd
Suggest you look into
Extract products, and also Agmatine Sulfate taken daily for better Tolerance management/ Pain Relief ? Also herbs like Incarvillea Sinensis
IF Smiley doesn't offer this ?? - I recommend Wonderland Garden (on the Vendor List-) give Brandon a holler, Email or Facebook, they've got pure Incarvillea extract even.

Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:41 am
by Valikth
BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:10 am
lemichaels wrote: ↑Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:54 pm
I am a newbie and have a couple of questions for you guys. -- I have scoliosis and suffer from pain daily -- I take 6 grams at a time and it usually wears off after 2 hours but I try not to dose again until after 3 hours.
Sorry to hear about that.
Chronic Pain is gotta be frustrating... Kratom is kratom, the Relief is not as good as opiates... Taking more & more kratom does not always give more Relief, because there's a built in Ceiling Effect - you'll find it wearing off sooner, until your Tolerance has gotten so bad, that Kratom no longer works at 30 gpd
Suggest you look into
Extract products, and also Agmatine Sulfate taken daily for better Tolerance management/ Pain Relief ? Also herbs like Incarvillea Sinensis
IF Smiley doesn't offer this ?? - I recommend Wonderland Garden (on the Vendor List-) give Brandon a holler, Email or Facebook, they've got pure Incarvillea extract even.
What exactly does incarvillea do? Do I take it when I dose kratom? I have some but wasn't sure what to expect from it exactly
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:22 pm
by JerseyBoy
Yall I wanna order some Smiley but dunno what to get!!!
What are some good greens/blends?!
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:07 pm
by uspatriot995
Tggtz9195 wrote: ↑Sun May 01, 2022 5:11 pm
Agree. It seems the longer you use leaf the harder it is to find something that truly "wows" you. I guess that is just one of the things that happens with tolerance
And, perhaps the easier it is to find stuff that
disappoints, and thus the need to seek out smallbatch vendors who have the
high quality fire.
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:51 pm
by Valikth
Supersonic75 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:26 pm
chaosmonkey wrote: ↑Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:05 pm
My last couple orders from STH have been mostly crap, with a little "meh" thrown in for flavor. I'm hoping it's just the time of year or something and he'll figure his shit out at some point in the near future.
I f*king hate that he doesn't do batch numbers. Multiple times I've ask for more of a specific batch and he says "sure, we have it", so I order it, with the requested batch in the order notes as instructed, but only about 40% of the time I get what I asked for. The rest of the time I get crap.
I asked him about that once. He said that "there's variation among batches" but that's gotta be BS because I rarely have that happen with venders that label their batches.
Yeah, I totally hear ya. And not to STH-bash here, but.......I've gotten some amazing batches from them over the past couple of years, but the hit to miss ratio was usually around 1:2 at best so I stopped since I'd discovered better vendors here at MM. A few months back I heard a lot of folks raving about some new batches, so I tried sample-sized bags of 7 of them and exactly one of them hit well for me. I assumed that I was just too late to the game and that the product had already changed, because the other 6 were really not good at all. If he had better quality control and less strains, it would be great to buy there once in a while.
Who else do u use that u like better?
Do u remember the strains u did enjoy?
Re: Smiley Time Favorites?loo
Posted: Sun May 28, 2023 6:35 pm
by Valikth
uspatriot995 wrote: ↑Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:07 pm
Tggtz9195 wrote: ↑Sun May 01, 2022 5:11 pm
Agree. It seems the longer you use leaf the harder it is to find something that truly "wows" you. I guess that is just one of the things that happens with tolerance
And, perhaps the easier it is to find stuff that
disappoints, and thus the need to seek out smallbatch vendors who have the
high quality fire.
So. Who would you recommend for that purpose