Recommendations/feedback for TFH reds.

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
treetalker444
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:54 pm

Recommendations/feedback for TFH reds.

Post by treetalker444 »

I'm a big fan of TFH reds! Looking to try some new ones.
Can anyone offer feedback on any of these TFH reds?
Baik Bunut
Red Sambas Royal
Red Sumatra select v2
Either of the Vietnam blends
Traditional wild red indo
Red Embaloh forest
My rotation needs slow relaxing reds but really enjoy 'day' reds too.
NiqueKristan
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 555
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:19 am
Location: CA

Re: Recommendations/feedback for TFH reds.

Post by NiqueKristan »

treetalker444 wrote: ↑Sun May 01, 2022 2:36 pm I'm a big fan of TFH reds! Looking to try some new ones.
Can anyone offer feedback on any of these TFH reds?
Baik Bunut
Red Sambas Royal
Red Sumatra select v2
Either of the Vietnam blends
Traditional wild red indo
Red Embaloh forest
My rotation needs slow relaxing reds but really enjoy 'day' reds too.
I really like the Red Sambas Royal, but I know a couple people who don’t. To me it’s relaxing and pain relieving. The red Sumatra select and traditional Wild red Indo are good “anytime” strains that are effective for pain. I couldn’t get red embaloh to hit and I’ve tried it three times
Green Mature Hilir is like a red. Slow, euphoric
Tggtz9195
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:12 pm

Re: Recommendations/feedback for TFH reds.

Post by Tggtz9195 »

I've been using the Red Sumatra select v2 in the evenings. Pretty solid for relaxation, but does not put me to sleep.
MikeEdoessomething
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Re: Recommendations/feedback for TFH reds.

Post by MikeEdoessomething »

NiqueKristan wrote: ↑Sun May 01, 2022 4:25 pm
treetalker444 wrote: ↑Sun May 01, 2022 2:36 pm I'm a big fan of TFH reds! Looking to try some new ones.
Can anyone offer feedback on any of these TFH reds?
Baik Bunut
Red Sambas Royal
Red Sumatra select v2
Either of the Vietnam blends
Traditional wild red indo
Red Embaloh forest
My rotation needs slow relaxing reds but really enjoy 'day' reds too.
I really like the Red Sambas Royal, but I know a couple people who don’t. To me it’s relaxing and pain relieving. The red Sumatra select and traditional Wild red Indo are good “anytime” strains that are effective for pain. I couldn’t get red embaloh to hit and I’ve tried it three times
Green Mature Hilir is like a red. Slow, euphoric
Good reviews of all those, and I share pretty much the same opinions on them. I knew you'd like the Green Mature Hulu Hilir and I get the slow "red" like effects with nice euphoric feelings from that one as well (and euphoric effects are rare for me to get anymore with kratom)

I've also had not great results with the Red Embaloh Forest on it's own, but I have found it blends well with a green or yellow/gold.

Hoping TFH will be releasing some new batches in the near future!
Jking
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Re: Recommendations/feedback for TFH reds.

Post by Jking »

The red Vietnam is wonderful. It’s very sedating, and really potent fresh leaf. It’s a red that’s a fresh green color which are my favorite reds. It’s great for a knockout red, or something to just melt the day away. Might be my favorite red I’ve tried from tfh so far but more testing is required. I just burned the Vietnam for the first time this morning, and it’s so heavy. It’s got the warm glow feel to it.
NiqueKristan
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 555
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:19 am
Location: CA

Re: Recommendations/feedback for TFH reds.

Post by NiqueKristan »

Jking wrote: ↑Mon May 02, 2022 5:12 am The red Vietnam is wonderful. It’s very sedating, and really potent fresh leaf. It’s a red that’s a fresh green color which are my favorite reds. It’s great for a knockout red, or something to just melt the day away. Might be my favorite red I’ve tried from tfh so far but more testing is required. I just burned the Vietnam for the first time this morning, and it’s so heavy. It’s got the warm glow feel to it.
Which blend? It’s so funny how leaf affects each person differently. I tried blend 1 and it was a daytime red to me
treetalker444
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:54 pm

Re: Recommendations/feedback for TFH reds.

Post by treetalker444 »

Thank you everyone for those excellent reviews. Very helpful.
GrannyJ62
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: Recommendations/feedback for TFH reds.

Post by GrannyJ62 »

Really loving the red elephant kali
CCB
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: Recommendations/feedback for TFH reds.

Post by CCB »

NiqueKristan wrote: ↑Mon May 02, 2022 1:29 pm
Jking wrote: ↑Mon May 02, 2022 5:12 am The red Vietnam is wonderful. It’s very sedating, and really potent fresh leaf. It’s a red that’s a fresh green color which are my favorite reds. It’s great for a knockout red, or something to just melt the day away. Might be my favorite red I’ve tried from tfh so far but more testing is required. I just burned the Vietnam for the first time this morning, and it’s so heavy. It’s got the warm glow feel to it.
Which blend? It’s so funny how leaf affects each person differently. I tried blend 1 and it was a daytime red to me
Same. It was a very daytime red for me too😀loved it. It’s so funny how a fast for me can be a slow for someone else. Then there are some strains that hit pretty much everytime & pretty much the same for everyone. I always wonder why that is🤔 super interesting

Btw…Anyone know if the red Sumatra select is a daytime red, good on pain/mood? I’m actually looking for something on the current menu that is comparable to my fave “Old school red Borneo” (running super low on right now). Suggestions are welcome or pm me if anyone is willing to sell

FYI The Deep Jungle Red PMD sample I tried was surprisingly daytime but leaned more mid-spec (for me)
I enjoyed it, took it at night tho. Didn’t keep me from sleeping but was not sedating in the least.
Post Reply