Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Adorable45Deplorable
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:37 am

Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by Adorable45Deplorable »

I have some mitraman white summer and some njoy headshop green malay and the mitraman is like highly saturated electric neon green color whereas the heads hop kratom is more brownish green. Not brown like a bent. Just sort of dull looking. Especially comparatively.
Does a more vibrant color mean a better kratom or just different drying process? I know a lot of the colors and drying info is layer out in Chris's thread. I was just wondering if you felt the kratom color (not white, green red but moreso the variation within those colors) had much of a bearing on the quality of your kratom and the effects and experience.
Totomman
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:07 am

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by Totomman »

No, looks, fheshness don’t really matter; TH looks like dusty dirt and is a top 3
Trippin_Buddha
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri May 13, 2022 11:38 am

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by Trippin_Buddha »

If only….

Unfortunately it doesn’t. The vibrant greens are appealing to the eye and usually points to freshness and an aromatic scent, but when it comes to effects it seems there’s no way to know.

The dull, super dry stuff I don’t care for. We eat this stuff and to me it’s unappealing.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Trippin_Buddha wrote: ↑Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:56 pm The vibrant greens are appealing to the eye and usually points to freshness and an aromatic scent, but when it comes to effects it seems there’s no way to know.
Here's What Is Happening .... 8-)

The Word is out -- American Consumers, are no longer buying, the fake "Reds" bullshit - Tarp Dried kratom, is NOT selling... More Lab Tests. Smart consumers, HAVE figured out - The old Bent's and oxidized Reds, are weaker... That's right. You like "Reds" ?? Then you like WEAK kratom! :lol:

People aren't buying Reds. SO... Vendors don't want it! - Vendors only want Green powder now :mrgreen: - But! Outdoor, Tarp Dried Red leaf - is MUCH cheaper to produce!! :o . Compared to carefully Indoor Dried, climate controlled. Cost of electricity. Space required for Rack Drying... So Vendors NOW only want "The Green Stuff" - Cost is UP, and, at the same time, Prices are... Down. Indo's have responded with fake Green food color and plant mixing.

And - Big Kratom AKA vendors, now demand the greenest powder, shipped by Sea Container, 20 Tons, for $5 bucks @ Kilo. :? . WHY do you think, so many "Big Vendors" NOW sell kilos for $65 -- Those same BIg Vendors had $140 Kilo prices, two years ago! Now, MOST vendors sell Bulk Kratom ("Big Batch" NOT small batch!) = more Profit Margin for Wholesalers and Vendors while... the Indonesians have been getting SCREWED. :cry:
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
uspatriot995
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:22 pm

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by uspatriot995 »

BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:51 pm
Here's What Is Happening .... 8-)

The Word is out -- American Consumers, are no longer buying, the fake "Reds" bullshit - Tarp Dried kratom, is NOT selling... More Lab Tests. Smart consumers, HAVE figured out - The old Bent's and oxidized Reds, are weaker... That's right. You like "Reds" ?? Then you like WEAK kratom! :lol:

People aren't buying Reds. SO... Vendors don't want it! - Vendors only want Green powder now :mrgreen: - But! Outdoor, Tarp Dried Red leaf - is MUCH cheaper to produce!! :o . Compared to carefully Indoor Dried, climate controlled. Cost of electricity. Space required for Rack Drying... So Vendors NOW only want "The Green Stuff" - Cost is UP, and, at the same time, Prices are... Down. Indo's have responded with fake Green food color and plant mixing.
Yikes on the food coloring! But the sacrilege about the reds! Bruh! Kidding or serious? All along, I'm just loving me some weak kratom is all? Thought it had to do with alkaloid content, etc. Don't the vendors start with green base bulk and then "do things" to get their various batches? Cuz uh, well for me for example I can think of some memorable and current reds that slap and mellow pillow me way differently than good strong greens. For example, the current Oties non-bent/oxidized Super Red MD is potent and definitely different than their Green MD or Luckys Hulu or Green MD. Check the lab test on the current Oties Super Red MD - 1.91% MIT (not that that's the only thing, I know) but dude. Also TFH Sapphire Sunda is very very good, probably the best I ever had, although a lot of mine in the early years was just through a friend or gas station crap, or whatever google results came up. I dunno, I'm confused now! Maybe I read this wrong.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius...
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by Kelleytoons »

But is the powder really red?

Mr. B is saying (I think) that if you are looking at RED colored powder it probably ain't good. (Or, not as good as green).

I didn't think the Sapphire Sundra was particularly red but I don't pay too close attention to that. It seems to me that every single "red" I've made into pills was green - perhaps a dullish green, but green nonetheless.

I guess I'll look more closely when Otie's Super Red comes in tomorrow.
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by Lokey »

I didn't think Otie's super red was oxidized or fermented I think it's a green red
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by BallzDeep9 »

uspatriot995 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:11 pm For example, the current Otie's non-bent/oxidized Super Red MD is potent and definitely different than their Green MD or Luckys Hulu or Green MD. Check the lab test on the current Oties Super Red MD - 1.91% MIT (not that that's the only thing, I know) but dude.
Ahh. Yes. Otie's is hittin' home runs lately... :P But, as Lokey says. There are "Reds" / not actual red color powder. The "Reds" people WANT - are the green reds.

This started a few years ago I remember on MeWe - talkin' bout hmm well this "Red" is green color powder. :mrgreen: . Round about that time, eyewitness reports came in (People actually travel to Borneo, to witness-) & then, Dr McCurdy's analysis showing little difference in "strains"... then some Big Kratom vendors who Lab Test, admitting, uh yeah - the oxidized Red color stuff not only tests weaker - but also fails microbial Labs more often (Viable Solutions a large importer) - ALL this info came out...

Slowly people VOTED with their dollars... Vendors SOLD more greens (and green "Reds") And, more vendors did actual Lab Test for potency - We the Consumers, did read on Double M "Behind The Scenes" thread LINK :geek: , and word got out... But, just IMAGINE the difference in Cost!! In a country where Electric power is expensive...

Indoor Rack drying in Air Conditioned warehouse ? Maybe the best curing process... to make "Super Green" kratom. Of course there's always blending - AND other factors. What's better - potent Wild Harvest old trees, sun dried ? OR young Plantation leaf done Indoors ? I think maybe I'd still prefer, the True small batch Wild stuff ??

Interesting how things have changed. Lot of buzz about, Fair Trade lately... rightfully So. On this Labor Day!! :ugeek:
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
uspatriot995
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:22 pm

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by uspatriot995 »

BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:51 pm
Ahh. Yes. Otie's is hittin' home runs lately... :P But, as Lokey says. There are "Reds" / not actual red color powder. The "Reds" people WANT - are the green reds.

This started a few years ago I remember on MeWe - talkin' bout hmm well this "Red" is green color powder. :mrgreen: . Round about that time, eyewitness reports came in (People actually travel to Borneo, to witness-) & then, Dr McCurdy's analysis showing little difference in "strains"... then some Big Kratom vendors who Lab Test, admitting, uh yeah - the oxidized Red color stuff not only tests weaker - but also fails microbial Labs more often (Viable Solutions a large importer) - ALL this info came out...

Slowly people VOTED with their dollars... Vendors SOLD more greens (and green "Reds") And, more vendors did actual Lab Test for potency - We the Consumers, did read on Double M "Behind The Scenes" thread LINK :geek: , and word got out... But, just IMAGINE the difference in Cost!! In a country where Electric power is expensive...

Indoor Rack drying in Air Conditioned warehouse ? Maybe the best curing process... to make "Super Green" kratom. Of course there's always blending - AND other factors. What's better - potent Wild Harvest old trees, sun dried ? OR young Plantation leaf done Indoors ? I think maybe I'd still prefer, the True small batch Wild stuff ??

Interesting how things have changed. Lot of buzz about, Fair Trade lately... rightfully So. On this Labor Day!! :ugeek:
Cool, yeah I read most of it, but I need to go back and read again. Now it clicked what's you're saying about the "green-reds". The current Oties Green-colored SRMD, and a truly exemplary green-colored "red" - TFH Sapphire Sunda are 'legit reds' so to speak in reference to your original post. But the fake reds you were talking about are more the ones that are red in color (and lower in strength) that some slippery (yikes) vendors have been pushing due to demand of reds per se. Still, though, I've had bents and I guess oxidized rusty looking reds that were ass kickers. They are few and far between, and I have to take a good bit higher dose to get it to hit.

This has my head spinning a bit - humbling that I'm just now realizing how much I don't know about kratom. I fell for a lot of hype along the way. But, small batch vendors and trusted reviews are the way to go. I'm about to venture out one last time into whites, just to see if I can enjoy without anxiety, headache, jitters. Herbalhippie shared the experience that gatorade can prevent some of that with whites, so we'll see, when the white elephant comes in.

This all reminds me of a Moody Blues song/poem called "Late Lament". Anyone here old? The lyrics:

Breathe deep the gathering gloom,
Watch lights fade from every room.
Bedsitter people look back and lament,
Another day's useless energy spent.
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one.
Lonely man cries for love and has none.
New mother picks up and suckles her son.
Senior citizens wish they were young.
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colours from our sight.
Red is grey and yellow white,
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius...
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by Lokey »

I had that Moody Blues album, May STILL have it, will check. Reading that gave me chills, could hear it as if I were listening and admit I didn't pay close enough attention to the words back then.
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by Kelleytoons »

Lokey wrote: ↑Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:16 am I had that Moody Blues album
EVERYBODY had that Moody Blues album <bg>.
User avatar
uspatriot995
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:22 pm

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by uspatriot995 »

Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:56 pm But is the powder really red?

Mr. B is saying (I think) that if you are looking at RED colored powder it probably ain't good. (Or, not as good as green).

I didn't think the Sapphire Sundra was particularly red but I don't pay too close attention to that. It seems to me that every single "red" I've made into pills was green - perhaps a dullish green, but green nonetheless.

I guess I'll look more closely when Otie's Super Red comes in tomorrow.
Yeah Kelley I'm interested to hear about your experience with it. And yes I've had green-colored reds. But I have had a few red or brown colored reds that were good, too, I can't remember I think it was WG.

The TFH Sapphire Sunda (one of the best batches I've ever had as far as overall desired effect) is a darker green color. The Oties SRMD is also kind of a darker green.

So to the original point, I think ballz was saying red colored reds are mostly just less potent maybe gimmicky or whatever. I still need to go back and read Chris' deep dive post all the way through again.

Tell us how that Oties SRMD hits! I love it.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius...
User avatar
uspatriot995
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:22 pm

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by uspatriot995 »

Lokey wrote: ↑Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:16 am I had that Moody Blues album, May STILL have it, will check. Reading that gave me chills, could hear it as if I were listening and admit I didn't pay close enough attention to the words back then.
Love the Moody Blues, had the opportunity to see their 50th anniversary tour. It was bad ass.

The album is Days of Future Passed. 1967.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius...
onespeedstop
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 601
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 2:49 pm

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by onespeedstop »

I don't think it's necessarily 'stronger', but I do prefer the more green colored kratom powder. If nothing else, it looks better and doesn't taste stale at least, though again, I am not convinced it changes the potency or effects at all. The last thing I wanna hear in the early morning is the angry weedwacker getting jammed sound of a coffee bean grinder, but on the rare occasion I have some that is freshly ground, it sure seems better. So, placebo or not, fresh seems better, be it kratom, coffee, or even a towel fresh out of the dryer ha-ha :lol:
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by Lokey »

uspatriot995 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:31 pm
Lokey wrote: ↑Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:16 am I had that Moody Blues album, May STILL have it, will check. Reading that gave me chills, could hear it as if I were listening and admit I didn't pay close enough attention to the words back then.
Love the Moody Blues, had the opportunity to see their 50th anniversary tour. It was bad ass.

The album is Days of Future Passed. 1967.
Yep, do still have it!
User avatar
add to descartes
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:33 pm

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by add to descartes »

BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:51 pmIndo's have responded with fake Green food color
proof? evidence? I saw another thread where someone mentioned it, but they provided nothing to back up the claim. if there's no evidence, stop perpetuating a rumor.
kratomites of the world, unite!
Tree
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:59 pm

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by Tree »

I never get anything from brick red or brown colored leaf that is heavily oxidized during drying. I have had incredible strains that were dark green and many that were bright green and beautiful.

One important detail- color is highly affected by grind size. If you took a batch of leaf and ground half of it coarsely (sand) and the other half “nano” you wouldn’t recognize that they were the same leaf. From what vendors who grind their own have shared with me, the finer the grind, the brighter the color.
leafhopper
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:29 pm

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by leafhopper »

As far as winners go, I've never been impressed with anything really bright or neon green. I avoid them like a plague, especially when it's boasted about our advertised as if it's a good thing. Also avoid anything brownish, but there have been exceptions (although usually short lived and likely just new source syndrome). Mid green to light-ish is where it's always been for me.
User avatar
IndelibleDotInk
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3359
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Re: Is a more saturated green color mean better?

Post by IndelibleDotInk »

No

reds back in the day were all reddish color and generally required a higher dose for a more opiate result.

now people want green reds which are green in color, and strong in a sleepy, noddy way.

super basic statement, most often true, million exceptions. We now know effects vary based on many factors, and not on 'color of the vein,' which, during growth, can be white, yellow, green, or red, or more? I am not a kratom expert, I just like some with my morning coffee.

also storing kratom airtight is a good idea. I have some which, even when tightly sealed, turns a beige, sandy color, and a little more dry, not looking fresh in the least. It can be still as hard to toss and wash, or easier, based on texture. Effect is the same.
Post Reply