White vs. Green vs. Yellow/Gold

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Renob
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:29 pm

White vs. Green vs. Yellow/Gold

Post by Renob »

I’ve been reading this forum for ages but am new to posting. I’ve used Kratom off and on for about 9 years now. I’ve been taking it daily for almost 3 months as a substitute for Antidepressants and prescription Anti Anxiety meds and it’s been working wonders. I also have recurrent lower back pain so the combination of Chiropractic care and Kratom has been taking care of this as well. It really is a miracle plant!

I wanted to gauge what everyone’s preferences are when it comes to green strains vs. whites! Back in the day, I was only ever able to find Green and Red or some random nondescript named Kratom I’m not listing any specific names or vendors but monikers along the lines of Super Dragon Fire, Wizard Brew, Rocket Fuel and other such names simply seem like marketing jumbo jumbo and give me no indication of what these strains actually are. (I made these names up to show my point 😂). The aforementioned point is that I have found some mixes that I really like but I don’t have a clue what is in them. I’m trying to figure out what works best for me without ordering 50 different strains that may actually all be the same!

As I mentioned, I’m new to whites. I’ve tried a white Hulu and a White Borneo and I really don’t think I would be able to differentiate between those and the greens that I’ve been using. Is this just me or does anyone else consider the Whites and Greens to be essentially the same?

I’d really like to know everyone’s opinions on whether or not there is much variation between the different strain colors or if it is done for marketing purposes. I’m also completely in the dark as far as Yellow/Gold strains go. I tried one Red Bentuangie from a large scale vendor and it seemed less effective than my other strains. I know that I may be rambling but I’m a bit confused considering that there are vendors that offer 25+ choices with all kinds of names.

I’d really appreciate a breakdown of the similarities and/or differences between strains, particularly white and green since they seem the same to me. Also, any info on Golds and everyone’s personal favorites will be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading my ramble.
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: White vs. Green vs. Yellow/Gold

Post by Kelleytoons »

Okay, first of all you have to realize that ALL strain names are just fictitious. One vendors White Borneo may be another vendor's Green Goddess.

There's a very lengthy thread on this forum that goes through all the myths about kratom so seek it out (or perhaps someone will link to it here). But the bottom line is that thinking something is a "red" or a "green" is, in itself, a bit of a deception.

The absolute best way to know what kratom works for you and HOW it works is to experiment. You will need to try vendors (and there is a great list here on this forum to test from). Even more importantly, read the discussions here for advice on what is currently the best and how it works. Then try it yourself.

If you're lucky you'll find one or two folks here whose taste is similar and then you follow them. But also ask - say "You know, what I really like is pain relief - can someone recommend something with strong pain relief?" Or "I need something just to make me feel good in the morning that won't sedate me." You'll get great recommendations.

You'll eventually find good, small vendors you like and trust, and this will help as well. Right now Otie's is getting nearly all the good feels for a vendor that doesn't have a private membership, but there are many others.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: White vs. Green vs. Yellow/Gold

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Renob wrote: ↑Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:02 pm whether or not there is much variation between the different strain colors or if it is done for marketing purposes.
Yep. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble... it's ALL the Same Pile of Leaves. - there are no "strains". :|

There ARE different "colors" obviously... Made from The Same Pile of Leaf. :o (Some are better Quality, more Mitragynine than other piles.)

BUT! The Mythology persists, :mrgreen: . its like - people have nothing else to talk about ?? ALSO, Americans love "choices". Also, Placebo IS a thing. Yes.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Renob
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:29 pm

Re: White vs. Green vs. Yellow/Gold

Post by Renob »

BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:01 pm
Renob wrote: ↑Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:02 pm whether or not there is much variation between the different strain colors or if it is done for marketing purposes.
Yep. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble... it's ALL the Same Pile of Leaves. - there are no "strains". :|

There ARE different "colors" obviously... Made from The Same Pile of Leaves. (Some piles have more Mitragynine than other piles.)

BUT! The Mythology persists, :mrgreen: . its like - people have nothing else to talk about ?? ALSO, Americans love "choices". Also, Placebo IS a thing. Yes.

This is a pretty straightforward answer! It gave me a chuckle, too. 😂 Marketing is such a scam in nearly every business! I’ll still look forward to hearing some opinions from the members here (particularly on if they can tell a difference between green and white)
Renob
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:29 pm

Re: White vs. Green vs. Yellow/Gold

Post by Renob »

Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:50 pm Okay, first of all you have to realize that ALL strain names are just fictitious. One vendors White Borneo may be another vendor's Green Goddess.

There's a very lengthy thread on this forum that goes through all the myths about kratom so seek it out (or perhaps someone will link to it here). But the bottom line is that thinking something is a "red" or a "green" is, in itself, a bit of a deception.

The absolute best way to know what kratom works for you and HOW it works is to experiment. You will need to try vendors (and there is a great list here on this forum to test from). Even more importantly, read the discussions here for advice on what is currently the best and how it works. Then try it yourself.

If you're lucky you'll find one or two folks here whose taste is similar and then you follow them. But also ask - say "You know, what I really like is pain relief - can someone recommend something with strong pain relief?" Or "I need something just to make me feel good in the morning that won't sedate me." You'll get great recommendations.

You'll eventually find good, small vendors you like and trust, and this will help as well. Right now Otie's is getting nearly all the good feels for a vendor that doesn't have a private membership, but there are many others.
Very informative and correct! Everyone’s experience is obviously subjective by definition. I’ve been reading on here for a long time I just haven’t posted until today. I also placed my first ever order with Otis’s over Labor Day and was very pleased with what I’ve tried so far!

Maybe I’ll just start following you! You have a lot of posts so I assume you’re very well familiar with Kratom! 🙂
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: White vs. Green vs. Yellow/Gold

Post by Kelleytoons »

Well my modesty says that there are far better folks to follow than myself, but I'm always happy to help.

Hopefully you got some White Elephant and Red MD from Oties, as those are two really great ones they have (today I got the Green Dragon which is also supposed to be good but I won't be able to try it for a while).
Renob
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:29 pm

Re: White vs. Green vs. Yellow/Gold

Post by Renob »

This thread is dead already! 😳😔. I guess everyone is like me and can’t tell any difference? 😂
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: White vs. Green vs. Yellow/Gold

Post by Lokey »

In many instances whites and greens will be indistinguishable due to the fact it is mostly marketing but in some instances you can tell a difference. Generally whites are considered fast meaning they are very stimulating. Greens can be fast, mid-fast, mid-slow or slow. A slow green may be considered faster than a "daytime" red which is a fast red compared to a slow red. Slow strains are more relaxing and/or sedating. Golds and yellows can also vary in speed depending on what they are made from. Some yellows are whites that have been dried longer. Some will argue but some vendor's yellows are from greens (as they've told me or it's in their descriptions) and some yellows and golds are from blends of any three colors. There's no way of telling how any strain will affect you without trying it. Denette gave me a sample of a super gold I loved, it was fast for me (but no longer available). I think generally most golds are slow but not all. Lucky had a yellow MD that I think was fast that got many honorable mentions. Yellows and golds are mainly thought to be good for calming and relaxation, good for anxiety. Many insist they can't take whites because they give them the jitters but if they mix them with another color they can.
Renob
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:29 pm

Re: White vs. Green vs. Yellow/Gold

Post by Renob »

Lokey wrote: ↑Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:03 pm In many instances whites and greens will be indistinguishable due to the fact it is mostly marketing but in some instances you can tell a difference. Generally whites are considered fast meaning they are very stimulating. Greens can be fast, mid-fast, mid-slow or slow. A slow green may be considered faster than a "daytime" red which is a fast red compared to a slow red. Slow strains are more relaxing and/or sedating. Golds and yellows can also vary in speed depending on what they are made from. Some yellows are whites that have been dried longer. Some will argue but some vendor's yellows are from greens (as they've told me or it's in their descriptions) and some yellows and golds are from blends of any three colors. There's no way of telling how any strain will affect you without trying it. Denette gave me a sample of a super gold I loved, it was fast for me (but no longer available). I think generally most golds are slow but not all. Lucky had a yellow MD that I think was fast that got many honorable mentions. Yellows and golds are mainly thought to be good for calming and relaxation, good for anxiety. Many insist they can't take whites because they give them the jitters but if they mix them with another color they can.
Thanks for the insights!

I have to keep trying different “strains” from different vendors, I guess. I had been buying from a few that were overpriced and maybe not the greatest quality. I just recently discovered both Okie’s and Otis’s and they both seem like great vendors! I wish I had more money right now! Hahahaha
Eu4oric906
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:16 pm
Location: Upper Michigan

Re: White vs. Green vs. Yellow/Gold

Post by Eu4oric906 »

Yeah everyone has pretty much zeroed it in for you and i echo the trial and error. You will eventually land on what works for you. I like having a rotation both of strain and vendor. Places like this are quite helpful for finding batch reviews and honing in on who has what going on at any point in time. But yeah one vendors yellow will be a mix of multiple strains while another is more the drying method of a single strain. Both could be great in different ways. Enjoy the ride friend, and welcome.
Post Reply