I’ve read numerous reviews, threads, posts, etc all over the place with people naming strains and saying that they’re good for bedtime or cause sedation. I’ve tried plenty of reds and a few that I know have been fermented and I’ve yet to find anything that makes me tired or even allows me to sleep. It doesn’t matter the strain or the dosage; it seems as if I take anything after 5-6 pm, I’m up ultra late and sometimes can’t sleep at all.
I normally am asleep by 11:15 on most nights, but if I happen to dose too late I’m up with my brain racing.
Last night I tried 5 grams of “Red Gold” mixed with 4 grams of a red bentuangie from a different supplier at 8 PM. Nine grams is kind of high but I thought that it would bring me some restful sleep having it be my third dose of the day. The result? I was up until 3 AM with “racy brain”

. For reference, I usually dose around 6-7 grams at 8-9 am and another 6-7 gram dose of something different at around 3 pm. This has worked great for anxiety relief, anti depressant, pain relief and for controlling my IBS. The problem is that I can’t seem to fall asleep now.
Am I in the minority or are there others that experience the same thing? Do you guys take Kratom late? How much? Does it ever work for sedation and sleep?
Thanks!