Dosing questions

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Renob
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:29 pm

Dosing questions

Post by Renob »

I’m still attempting to find out what my optimal dosing schedule is. I take pretty large doses; 6-9 grams (sometimes more) three times per day.

I generally increase the amount with each subsequent dose so by the time I take my last (4-6 pm) it’s generally been my biggest dose of the day. We all know how finicky thus plant is and the past few days the results haven’t been that great.

Do you guys stay at around the same amount every time? Do you increase over the course of the day like I’ve been doing if do you do the opposite and start big with smaller subsequent doses?

I’m thinking about flip flopping and starting with a really big dose and then taking less for my early and late afternoons. 🤔

I’ve tried the “less is more” approach for one whole day and it definitely did NOT work for me. It was only a single day, but I tried three separate 2-3 gram doses of some of my favorites and it essentially did nothing. I actually felt pretty crappy and a little irritated by trying to cut my dose. 🤷🏻‍♂️
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Dosing questions

Post by Kelleytoons »

At the risk of repeating myself, I still think the amount/strain of any dose is FAR less important than your own body conditions - is your stomach empty? Are you bowels empty? Are you hydrated?

If all three things are true (at least two-three hours after eating, a good BM that day, and at least 1/2 gallon of water a day) each dose should be fine, with no need to either increase NOR take that large a dose (there is PLENTY of evidence to show that more than 3 grams is just wasted).

And perhaps you just need a reset - I know after two weeks off EVERYTHING started hitting even at very small doses (most folks think a week off is just fine).
Renob
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:29 pm

Re: Dosing questions

Post by Renob »

Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:47 am At the risk of repeating myself, I still think the amount/strain of any dose is FAR less important than your own body conditions - is your stomach empty? Are you bowels empty? Are you hydrated?

If all three things are true (at least two-three hours after eating, a good BM that day, and at least 1/2 gallon of water a day) each dose should be fine, with no need to either increase NOR take that large a dose (there is PLENTY of evidence to show that more than 3 grams is just wasted).

And perhaps you just need a reset - I know after two weeks off EVERYTHING started hitting even at very small doses (most folks think a week off is just fine).

I’ve been making sure to drink tons of water and it absolutely makes a positive difference. A full reset would work wonders for me! The problem is that I can’t seem to get anything done without my daily kratom. 🙁. Taking more than a day off starts to ramp up my anxiety and all of the exacerbate all of the issues that Kratom helps me with.

It’s actually so hard that it’s near impossible for me to even go a full day without…
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: Dosing questions

Post by Roofdog »

Renob wrote: ↑Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:55 pm
Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:47 am At the risk of repeating myself, I still think the amount/strain of any dose is FAR less important than your own body conditions - is your stomach empty? Are you bowels empty? Are you hydrated?

If all three things are true (at least two-three hours after eating, a good BM that day, and at least 1/2 gallon of water a day) each dose should be fine, with no need to either increase NOR take that large a dose (there is PLENTY of evidence to show that more than 3 grams is just wasted).

And perhaps you just need a reset - I know after two weeks off EVERYTHING started hitting even at very small doses (most folks think a week off is just fine).

I’ve been making sure to drink tons of water and it absolutely makes a positive difference. A full reset would work wonders for me! The problem is that I can’t seem to get anything done without my daily kratom. 🙁. Taking more than a day off starts to ramp up my anxiety and all of the exacerbate all of the issues that Kratom helps me with.

It’s actually so hard that it’s near impossible for me to even go a full day without…
Ween yourself down. Take off a quarter gram at a time. Get hirsuta and stem and vein to supplement your dose. Lots of info on here. Search the site or just Kelleytoons.
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Dosing questions

Post by Kelleytoons »

Roofdog wrote: ↑Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:01 pm Search the site or just Kelleytoons.
Yipes - don't go holding ME up as an authority <g>.

I only know what works for me - as an aside, I do try and correlate the info as presented here by others, but I by no means have all the answers. Like all of us, I'm learning as I go along.
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Dosing questions

Post by Lokey »

Lately my am dose is biggest at 4g then I add 2g as needed, a couple more times per day. I used to start out with 6 and do pretty much same but more often.
User avatar
Badgame85
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun May 02, 2021 9:20 pm

Re: Dosing questions

Post by Badgame85 »

Renob wrote: ↑Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:38 am
I’ve tried the “less is more” approach for one whole day and it definitely did NOT work for me. It was only a single day, but I tried three separate 2-3 gram doses of some of my favorites and it essentially did nothing. I actually felt pretty crappy and a little irritated by trying to cut my dose. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I hear you on this. Honestly I never understood how people could just say that they randomly cut their dose in half and it was magically like there first time again...WTF?!? Less is more has to be a joke. My average dose was between 6-8 grams 2x day. 3x on weekends. For like 5+ years. I've commonly taken 10+ grams some nights to help me sleep - really knocks me the F out.

But a month ago, I had to travel for work for 3 weeks. Took the opportunity to taper down and take a good break. Took me all of two weeks to taper off completely. No issues though. Took 6 days off and came back and holy shit... like 2 grams was my jam, and 4 grams was giving me the wobbles. I've been able to stay at that rate ever since. Now I have mountains of kratom that I only take less than 8-10 grams of in a day lol. I'm pretty sure I'll die before it all gets used.

Long story short, try the less is more over time, and don't expect instant results. I gave up so many times on this as I would cut my dose in half randomly and just get pissed off.
Post Reply