Kratom FOMO

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
froggy33
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:29 pm

Kratom FOMO

Post by froggy33 »

I just wanted to post here that kratom will always be kratom.. It will never be anything more, and that is a blessing in itself. Sometimes I truly believe the fomo people get releases more dopamine than the actual kratom does. Anyway just my 2 cents.

Everyone have a nice day.
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Roofdog »

froggy33 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:16 am I just wanted to post here that kratom will always be kratom.. It will never be anything more, and that is a blessing in itself. Sometimes I truly believe the fomo people get releases more dopamine than the actual kratom does. Anyway just my 2 cents.

Everyone have a nice day.
Ive personally experienced this. Lol. I kinda like fomo. Its exciting!!!
froggy33
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:29 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by froggy33 »

Roofdog wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:20 am
froggy33 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:16 am I just wanted to post here that kratom will always be kratom.. It will never be anything more, and that is a blessing in itself. Sometimes I truly believe the fomo people get releases more dopamine than the actual kratom does. Anyway just my 2 cents.

Everyone have a nice day.
Ive personally experienced this. Lol. I kinda like fomo. Its exciting!!!
Haha, yeah I definitely experienced this a few years back. Its definitely a real phenomenon.
MetalMamaRocks
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by MetalMamaRocks »

froggy33 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:23 am
Roofdog wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:20 am
froggy33 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:16 am I just wanted to post here that kratom will always be kratom.. It will never be anything more, and that is a blessing in itself. Sometimes I truly believe the fomo people get releases more dopamine than the actual kratom does. Anyway just my 2 cents.

Everyone have a nice day.
Ive personally experienced this. Lol. I kinda like fomo. Its exciting!!!
Haha, yeah I definitely experienced this a few years back. Its definitely a real phenomenon.
Yeah me too! Even now I have to check myself to keep from ordering every "fire" strain I see recommended!
User avatar
add to descartes
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:33 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by add to descartes »

yep, if you're someone that is particularly susceptible to kratom fomo i.e. reading one good review convinces you to buy, I highly recommend staying out of the strain reviews subforum, unless you're looking to buy already. there's always going to be some glowing review for one thing or the other. sometimes I wonder if they don't like the process of buying kratom, more than the effects of actually taking it.
kratomites of the world, unite!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by herbalhippie »

Now imagine being prone to FOMO and modding this place. I'm doomed. :lol:
User avatar
add to descartes
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:33 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by add to descartes »

herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:39 pm Now imagine being prone to FOMO and modding this place. I'm doomed. :lol:
oh wow, didn't even think about that, you actually have to read every post. that's got to create a lot of mental strain :lol: I bet your mail carrier wonders what the hell is going on
kratomites of the world, unite!
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Roofdog »

herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:39 pm Now imagine being prone to FOMO and modding this place. I'm doomed. :lol:
You're stash has to be huuuge!!!
elbandito88
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:25 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by elbandito88 »

I’ve limited down the vendors I buy from to 3. One I will always purchase their new leaf, others I purchase every one in a while.

I had to make this change as I was buying way too much (still am.)

There is definitely a dopamine release when it comes to buying new leaf.

I’m going to “try” and actually finish bags. I don’t know if I’ve ever finished a full bag.
Last edited by elbandito88 on Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
froggy33
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:29 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by froggy33 »

herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:39 pm Now imagine being prone to FOMO and modding this place. I'm doomed. :lol:
Hahahaha!!! Yeah, all valid and good points everyone.
User avatar
BookofEnoch1914
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:00 am
Location: Virginia USA

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by BookofEnoch1914 »

elbandito88 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:54 pm
I’m going to “try” and actually finish bags. I don’t know if I’ve ever finished a full bag.
This is Me ... I haven't finished a bag in 2 years... It's out of control... 😆
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by herbalhippie »

Roofdog wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:52 pm
herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:39 pm Now imagine being prone to FOMO and modding this place. I'm doomed. :lol:
You're stash has to be huuuge!!!
This is not including what I pulled out for sale which was two and a half milk crates full

https://imgur.com/a/Tv5VV1S
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Roofdog »

elbandito88 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:54 pm I’ve limited down the vendors I buy from to 3. One I will always purchase their new leaf, others I purchase every one in a while.

I had to make this change as I was buying way too much (still am.)

There is definitely a dopamine release when it comes to buying new leaf.

I’m going to “try” and actually finish bags. I don’t know if I’ve ever finished a full bag.
Same but I buy from several vendors. My wife asked me how much "tea" do you need? Lol
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Roofdog »

herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:29 pm
Roofdog wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:52 pm
herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:39 pm Now imagine being prone to FOMO and modding this place. I'm doomed. :lol:
You're stash has to be huuuge!!!
This is not including what I pulled out for sale which was two and a half milk crates full

https://imgur.com/a/Tv5VV1S
Daaaang. You got some good stash there. I dont think i have quite that much yet but close!!
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by e_poison »

It is definitely very tempting to read the reviews on a daily basis and want to buy every hot new batch that comes along. When I first started kratom, I would impulse buy a lot. But these days I am much more disciplined or at least that's what I tell myself. :lol:
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
Humble9300
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:52 am

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Humble9300 »

Kratom FOMO is 100 percent real. I've finally decided to stop buying for a while. Well, after this next 125g premium greens comes in. Lol. Then I gotta stop. I have entirely too much kratom and I don't even use it all. I use the same handful of bags or I only use what I newly have in.
I've been going back to bags that I have that are like a year and half old, kinda dusty and they've been working a whole hell of a lot better than some of new, vibrant fresh powders that I have.
Humble9300
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:52 am

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Humble9300 »

herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:29 pm
Roofdog wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:52 pm
herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:39 pm Now imagine being prone to FOMO and modding this place. I'm doomed. :lol:
You're stash has to be huuuge!!!
This is not including what I pulled out for sale which was two and a half milk crates full

https://imgur.com/a/Tv5VV1S

Ohhh dang I see a vintage "SoCal Herbal Remedies" batch in your stash. They were awesome back like 6 yrs ago.
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Roofdog »

herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:29 pm
Roofdog wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:52 pm
herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:39 pm Now imagine being prone to FOMO and modding this place. I'm doomed. :lol:
You're stash has to be huuuge!!!
This is not including what I pulled out for sale which was two and a half milk crates full

https://imgur.com/a/Tv5VV1S
I like how you sprinkled TFH a little here......a little there......lol
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by herbalhippie »

Roofdog wrote: ↑Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:03 pm
herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:29 pm
Roofdog wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:52 pm

You're stash has to be huuuge!!!
This is not including what I pulled out for sale which was two and a half milk crates full

https://imgur.com/a/Tv5VV1S
I like how you sprinkled TFH a little here......a little there......lol
lol the ones at the back are sealed, the front ones open.

My bins were not well organized anymore so I dumped everything out and re-organized them in a different manner.
User avatar
IndelibleDotInk
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3358
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by IndelibleDotInk »

We're moving again (just a stone's throw away from across the street...) why organize now when i can do it later with bigger closets?
froggy33
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:29 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by froggy33 »

Talking about FOMO,,, Im starting to get some regarding the Red 707. lol
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by herbalhippie »

froggy33 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:46 am Talking about FOMO,,, Im starting to get some regarding the Red 707. lol
Starting?? I had it immediately. You must have delayed reaction FOMO. :lol:
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Roofdog »

herbalhippie wrote: ↑Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:36 pm
froggy33 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:46 am Talking about FOMO,,, Im starting to get some regarding the Red 707. lol
Starting?? I had it immediately. You must have delayed reaction FOMO. :lol:
I grabbed 100g on my order the other day. Cant wait to try it
froggy33
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:29 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by froggy33 »

Hahaha, yeah thats me alright
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Kelleytoons »

So now you can ALL blame me if it's not as good as I said <g>.

As I always like to point out, this stuff is HIGHLY individual. Most of you know that, but FOMO sometimes fogs our mind. To put it another way, while I thought this was the tops, I only ordered 250 grams (mostly because I have SO much stuff in my rotation I just can't deal with having too much of anything. Even the best. Because no matter how good, I'm only taking something once every two months).

As Chris said, though, this is VERY likely to be on the menu (at which point I may buy it again - even on purpose :>)
Eu4oric906
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:16 pm
Location: Upper Michigan

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Eu4oric906 »

elbandito88 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:54 pm I’ve limited down the vendors I buy from to 3. One I will always purchase their new leaf, others I purchase every one in a while.

I had to make this change as I was buying way too much (still am.)

There is definitely a dopamine release when it comes to buying new leaf.

I’m going to “try” and actually finish bags. I don’t know if I’ve ever finished a full bag.
You and me both brother, though I have benefited from your buying ways a time or two. Im on a holding pattern until after the holidays……its so tough for me not to buy lol.
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Roofdog »

Eu4oric906 wrote: ↑Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:02 pm
elbandito88 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:54 pm I’ve limited down the vendors I buy from to 3. One I will always purchase their new leaf, others I purchase every one in a while.

I had to make this change as I was buying way too much (still am.)

There is definitely a dopamine release when it comes to buying new leaf.

I’m going to “try” and actually finish bags. I don’t know if I’ve ever finished a full bag.
You and me both brother, though I have benefited from your buying ways a time or two. Im on a holding pattern until after the holidays……its so tough for me not to buy lol.
I failed bad. I have 3 orders coming. I need to stop......big time!!
User avatar
Madvillain626
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:00 am
Location: Altadena, CA

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Madvillain626 »

I try (key word: try) to keep a zen buddhist mindset in regards to kratom.

Many great strains come and go, you can't try them all (though you can try). Think of all the great strains that came and went before you started dosing. Even if you have 7 vendors in rotation, there could be that ONE strain from a random newbie vendor.

"Did you try the Yellow Fanta from Bob's Botanicals? One man operation out of Boise, he's killing the game!" And now the FOMO revs up again. No point in taking kratom for anxiety just to get anxiety over kratom. :lol: ...... :?
Eu4oric906
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:16 pm
Location: Upper Michigan

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Eu4oric906 »

Very true and well said. I do enjoy my buying indulgences, but Im not missing out in reality. Can typically find quality leaf when i need it. Gotta remember that.
Blergs
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:06 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Blergs »

What the F does "FOMO" MEAN? LOL
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by herbalhippie »

Blergs wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:42 am What the F does "FOMO" MEAN? LOL
Fear of missing out :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blergs
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:06 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Blergs »

herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:45 am
Blergs wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:42 am What the F does "FOMO" MEAN? LOL
Fear of missing out :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ohhhhhhh! 🤦🤦🤦🤦 Thanks..
I guess it's ironic that's why I asked in the first place 😂😂🤣🤣🤣
User avatar
LuckyHerbals
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:44 am
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by LuckyHerbals »

FOMO of Denette's current fire batches is very real :lol:
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Roofdog »

LuckyHerbals wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:13 am FOMO of Denette's current fire batches is very real :lol:
Mine are supposed to come today. Just in time for turkey day
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Kelleytoons »

Okay - at the risk of both my sanity (what little left there is) and my bank account... what batches are left that folks recommend? (Please tell me they are all gone. I'm serious).
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by herbalhippie »

Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:07 pm Okay - at the risk of both my sanity (what little left there is) and my bank account... what batches are left that folks recommend? (Please tell me they are all gone. I'm serious).
I am seriously considering another couple bags of that TFH Green Kali-something because I LOVE it. That's all I can think of.
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Kelleytoons »

You're talking about that "Killer" product, right? I already have that (haven't tried it yet).

No, I meant all the stuff folks are talking about from Denette. I'm a member but he never sends me emails (he FINALLY replied that he has my email so we'll see in the future). And everyone is talking about his "fire" stuff, but I read where a lot are saying it's gone. So - I'm just asking if there is anything there left I should be getting?

Perhaps I should post this as well in the Denette thread (but I do it with trepidation over what answers I might receive that will cause me to get even more kratoms. Sigh).
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by herbalhippie »

Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:31 pm You're talking about that "Killer" product, right? I already have that (haven't tried it yet).
Yes and I'm doing my very best to ignore Denette's current fire batch because I don't.need.anymore.kratom.
Loveandpeace
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 756
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:12 am
Location: San Fernando Valley, L.A.

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by Loveandpeace »

Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:31 pm You're talking about that "Killer" product, right? I already have that (haven't tried it yet).

No, I meant all the stuff folks are talking about from Denette. I'm a member but he never sends me emails (he FINALLY replied that he has my email so we'll see in the future). And everyone is talking about his "fire" stuff, but I read where a lot are saying it's gone. So - I'm just asking if there is anything there left I should be getting?

Perhaps I should post this as well in the Denette thread (but I do it with trepidation over what answers I might receive that will cause me to get even more kratoms. Sigh).
God damn it, Kelley!!

Get on the fucking TP already. For fucks sake!! I want to explore your darkest, old man satchels. At this point, your collection must really be something. I will walk you through it too.

All love ❤️
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Kratom FOMO

Post by herbalhippie »

Loveandpeace wrote: ↑Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:23 am
Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:31 pm You're talking about that "Killer" product, right? I already have that (haven't tried it yet).

No, I meant all the stuff folks are talking about from Denette. I'm a member but he never sends me emails (he FINALLY replied that he has my email so we'll see in the future). And everyone is talking about his "fire" stuff, but I read where a lot are saying it's gone. So - I'm just asking if there is anything there left I should be getting?

Perhaps I should post this as well in the Denette thread (but I do it with trepidation over what answers I might receive that will cause me to get even more kratoms. Sigh).
God damn it, Kelley!!

Get on the fucking TP already. For fucks sake!! I want to explore your darkest, old man satchels. At this point, your collection must really be something. I will walk you through it too.

All love ❤️
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Post Reply