Kratom FOMO
-
froggy33
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:29 pm
Kratom FOMO
I just wanted to post here that kratom will always be kratom.. It will never be anything more, and that is a blessing in itself. Sometimes I truly believe the fomo people get releases more dopamine than the actual kratom does. Anyway just my 2 cents.
Everyone have a nice day.
Everyone have a nice day.
-
Roofdog
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 529
- Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
Ive personally experienced this. Lol. I kinda like fomo. Its exciting!!!froggy33 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:16 am I just wanted to post here that kratom will always be kratom.. It will never be anything more, and that is a blessing in itself. Sometimes I truly believe the fomo people get releases more dopamine than the actual kratom does. Anyway just my 2 cents.
Everyone have a nice day.
-
froggy33
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:29 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
Haha, yeah I definitely experienced this a few years back. Its definitely a real phenomenon.Roofdog wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:20 amIve personally experienced this. Lol. I kinda like fomo. Its exciting!!!froggy33 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:16 am I just wanted to post here that kratom will always be kratom.. It will never be anything more, and that is a blessing in itself. Sometimes I truly believe the fomo people get releases more dopamine than the actual kratom does. Anyway just my 2 cents.
Everyone have a nice day.
-
MetalMamaRocks
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 740
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
Yeah me too! Even now I have to check myself to keep from ordering every "fire" strain I see recommended!froggy33 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:23 amHaha, yeah I definitely experienced this a few years back. Its definitely a real phenomenon.Roofdog wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:20 amIve personally experienced this. Lol. I kinda like fomo. Its exciting!!!froggy33 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:16 am I just wanted to post here that kratom will always be kratom.. It will never be anything more, and that is a blessing in itself. Sometimes I truly believe the fomo people get releases more dopamine than the actual kratom does. Anyway just my 2 cents.
Everyone have a nice day.
- add to descartes
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 444
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:33 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
yep, if you're someone that is particularly susceptible to kratom fomo i.e. reading one good review convinces you to buy, I highly recommend staying out of the strain reviews subforum, unless you're looking to buy already. there's always going to be some glowing review for one thing or the other. sometimes I wonder if they don't like the process of buying kratom, more than the effects of actually taking it.
kratomites of the world, unite!
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Kratom FOMO
Now imagine being prone to FOMO and modding this place. I'm doomed. 
- add to descartes
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 444
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:33 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
oh wow, didn't even think about that, you actually have to read every post. that's got to create a lot of mental strainherbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:39 pm Now imagine being prone to FOMO and modding this place. I'm doomed.![]()
kratomites of the world, unite!
-
Roofdog
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 529
- Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
You're stash has to be huuuge!!!herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:39 pm Now imagine being prone to FOMO and modding this place. I'm doomed.![]()
-
elbandito88
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1187
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:25 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
I’ve limited down the vendors I buy from to 3. One I will always purchase their new leaf, others I purchase every one in a while.
I had to make this change as I was buying way too much (still am.)
There is definitely a dopamine release when it comes to buying new leaf.
I’m going to “try” and actually finish bags. I don’t know if I’ve ever finished a full bag.
I had to make this change as I was buying way too much (still am.)
There is definitely a dopamine release when it comes to buying new leaf.
I’m going to “try” and actually finish bags. I don’t know if I’ve ever finished a full bag.
Last edited by elbandito88 on Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
froggy33
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:29 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
Hahahaha!!! Yeah, all valid and good points everyone.herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:39 pm Now imagine being prone to FOMO and modding this place. I'm doomed.![]()
- BookofEnoch1914
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 609
- Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:00 am
- Location: Virginia USA
Re: Kratom FOMO
This is Me ... I haven't finished a bag in 2 years... It's out of control...elbandito88 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:54 pm
I’m going to “try” and actually finish bags. I don’t know if I’ve ever finished a full bag.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Kratom FOMO
This is not including what I pulled out for sale which was two and a half milk crates fullRoofdog wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:52 pmYou're stash has to be huuuge!!!herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:39 pm Now imagine being prone to FOMO and modding this place. I'm doomed.![]()
https://imgur.com/a/Tv5VV1S
-
Roofdog
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 529
- Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
Same but I buy from several vendors. My wife asked me how much "tea" do you need? Lolelbandito88 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:54 pm I’ve limited down the vendors I buy from to 3. One I will always purchase their new leaf, others I purchase every one in a while.
I had to make this change as I was buying way too much (still am.)
There is definitely a dopamine release when it comes to buying new leaf.
I’m going to “try” and actually finish bags. I don’t know if I’ve ever finished a full bag.
-
Roofdog
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 529
- Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
Daaaang. You got some good stash there. I dont think i have quite that much yet but close!!herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:29 pmThis is not including what I pulled out for sale which was two and a half milk crates fullRoofdog wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:52 pmYou're stash has to be huuuge!!!herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:39 pm Now imagine being prone to FOMO and modding this place. I'm doomed.![]()
https://imgur.com/a/Tv5VV1S
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kratom FOMO
It is definitely very tempting to read the reviews on a daily basis and want to buy every hot new batch that comes along. When I first started kratom, I would impulse buy a lot. But these days I am much more disciplined or at least that's what I tell myself. 
-
Humble9300
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:52 am
Re: Kratom FOMO
Kratom FOMO is 100 percent real. I've finally decided to stop buying for a while. Well, after this next 125g premium greens comes in. Lol. Then I gotta stop. I have entirely too much kratom and I don't even use it all. I use the same handful of bags or I only use what I newly have in.
I've been going back to bags that I have that are like a year and half old, kinda dusty and they've been working a whole hell of a lot better than some of new, vibrant fresh powders that I have.
I've been going back to bags that I have that are like a year and half old, kinda dusty and they've been working a whole hell of a lot better than some of new, vibrant fresh powders that I have.
-
Humble9300
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:52 am
Re: Kratom FOMO
herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:29 pmThis is not including what I pulled out for sale which was two and a half milk crates fullRoofdog wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:52 pmYou're stash has to be huuuge!!!herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:39 pm Now imagine being prone to FOMO and modding this place. I'm doomed.![]()
https://imgur.com/a/Tv5VV1S
Ohhh dang I see a vintage "SoCal Herbal Remedies" batch in your stash. They were awesome back like 6 yrs ago.
-
Roofdog
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 529
- Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
I like how you sprinkled TFH a little here......a little there......lolherbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:29 pmThis is not including what I pulled out for sale which was two and a half milk crates fullRoofdog wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:52 pmYou're stash has to be huuuge!!!herbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:39 pm Now imagine being prone to FOMO and modding this place. I'm doomed.![]()
https://imgur.com/a/Tv5VV1S
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Kratom FOMO
lol the ones at the back are sealed, the front ones open.Roofdog wrote: ↑Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:03 pmI like how you sprinkled TFH a little here......a little there......lolherbalhippie wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:29 pmThis is not including what I pulled out for sale which was two and a half milk crates full
https://imgur.com/a/Tv5VV1S
My bins were not well organized anymore so I dumped everything out and re-organized them in a different manner.
- IndelibleDotInk
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3358
- Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
- Location: Oahu, Hawaii
Re: Kratom FOMO
We're moving again (just a stone's throw away from across the street...) why organize now when i can do it later with bigger closets?
-
froggy33
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:29 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
Talking about FOMO,,, Im starting to get some regarding the Red 707. lol
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
-
Roofdog
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 529
- Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
I grabbed 100g on my order the other day. Cant wait to try itherbalhippie wrote: ↑Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:36 pmStarting?? I had it immediately. You must have delayed reaction FOMO.![]()
-
froggy33
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:29 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
Hahaha, yeah thats me alright
- Kelleytoons
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
So now you can ALL blame me if it's not as good as I said <g>.
As I always like to point out, this stuff is HIGHLY individual. Most of you know that, but FOMO sometimes fogs our mind. To put it another way, while I thought this was the tops, I only ordered 250 grams (mostly because I have SO much stuff in my rotation I just can't deal with having too much of anything. Even the best. Because no matter how good, I'm only taking something once every two months).
As Chris said, though, this is VERY likely to be on the menu (at which point I may buy it again - even on purpose :>)
As I always like to point out, this stuff is HIGHLY individual. Most of you know that, but FOMO sometimes fogs our mind. To put it another way, while I thought this was the tops, I only ordered 250 grams (mostly because I have SO much stuff in my rotation I just can't deal with having too much of anything. Even the best. Because no matter how good, I'm only taking something once every two months).
As Chris said, though, this is VERY likely to be on the menu (at which point I may buy it again - even on purpose :>)
-
Eu4oric906
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 312
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:16 pm
- Location: Upper Michigan
Re: Kratom FOMO
You and me both brother, though I have benefited from your buying ways a time or two. Im on a holding pattern until after the holidays……its so tough for me not to buy lol.elbandito88 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:54 pm I’ve limited down the vendors I buy from to 3. One I will always purchase their new leaf, others I purchase every one in a while.
I had to make this change as I was buying way too much (still am.)
There is definitely a dopamine release when it comes to buying new leaf.
I’m going to “try” and actually finish bags. I don’t know if I’ve ever finished a full bag.
-
Roofdog
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 529
- Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
I failed bad. I have 3 orders coming. I need to stop......big time!!Eu4oric906 wrote: ↑Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:02 pmYou and me both brother, though I have benefited from your buying ways a time or two. Im on a holding pattern until after the holidays……its so tough for me not to buy lol.elbandito88 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:54 pm I’ve limited down the vendors I buy from to 3. One I will always purchase their new leaf, others I purchase every one in a while.
I had to make this change as I was buying way too much (still am.)
There is definitely a dopamine release when it comes to buying new leaf.
I’m going to “try” and actually finish bags. I don’t know if I’ve ever finished a full bag.
- Madvillain626
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 591
- Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:00 am
- Location: Altadena, CA
Re: Kratom FOMO
I try (key word: try) to keep a zen buddhist mindset in regards to kratom.
Many great strains come and go, you can't try them all (though you can try). Think of all the great strains that came and went before you started dosing. Even if you have 7 vendors in rotation, there could be that ONE strain from a random newbie vendor.
"Did you try the Yellow Fanta from Bob's Botanicals? One man operation out of Boise, he's killing the game!" And now the FOMO revs up again. No point in taking kratom for anxiety just to get anxiety over kratom.
...... 
Many great strains come and go, you can't try them all (though you can try). Think of all the great strains that came and went before you started dosing. Even if you have 7 vendors in rotation, there could be that ONE strain from a random newbie vendor.
"Did you try the Yellow Fanta from Bob's Botanicals? One man operation out of Boise, he's killing the game!" And now the FOMO revs up again. No point in taking kratom for anxiety just to get anxiety over kratom.
-
Eu4oric906
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 312
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:16 pm
- Location: Upper Michigan
Re: Kratom FOMO
Very true and well said. I do enjoy my buying indulgences, but Im not missing out in reality. Can typically find quality leaf when i need it. Gotta remember that.
-
Blergs
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:06 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
What the F does "FOMO" MEAN? LOL
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
-
Blergs
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:06 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
Ohhhhhhh!
I guess it's ironic that's why I asked in the first place
- LuckyHerbals
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 420
- Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:44 am
- Location: San Antonio, TX
- Contact:
Re: Kratom FOMO
FOMO of Denette's current fire batches is very real 
-
Roofdog
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 529
- Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
Mine are supposed to come today. Just in time for turkey day
- Kelleytoons
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
Okay - at the risk of both my sanity (what little left there is) and my bank account... what batches are left that folks recommend? (Please tell me they are all gone. I'm serious).
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Kratom FOMO
I am seriously considering another couple bags of that TFH Green Kali-something because I LOVE it. That's all I can think of.Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:07 pm Okay - at the risk of both my sanity (what little left there is) and my bank account... what batches are left that folks recommend? (Please tell me they are all gone. I'm serious).
- Kelleytoons
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm
Re: Kratom FOMO
You're talking about that "Killer" product, right? I already have that (haven't tried it yet).
No, I meant all the stuff folks are talking about from Denette. I'm a member but he never sends me emails (he FINALLY replied that he has my email so we'll see in the future). And everyone is talking about his "fire" stuff, but I read where a lot are saying it's gone. So - I'm just asking if there is anything there left I should be getting?
Perhaps I should post this as well in the Denette thread (but I do it with trepidation over what answers I might receive that will cause me to get even more kratoms. Sigh).
No, I meant all the stuff folks are talking about from Denette. I'm a member but he never sends me emails (he FINALLY replied that he has my email so we'll see in the future). And everyone is talking about his "fire" stuff, but I read where a lot are saying it's gone. So - I'm just asking if there is anything there left I should be getting?
Perhaps I should post this as well in the Denette thread (but I do it with trepidation over what answers I might receive that will cause me to get even more kratoms. Sigh).
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Kratom FOMO
Yes and I'm doing my very best to ignore Denette's current fire batch because I don't.need.anymore.kratom.Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:31 pm You're talking about that "Killer" product, right? I already have that (haven't tried it yet).
-
Loveandpeace
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 756
- Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:12 am
- Location: San Fernando Valley, L.A.
Re: Kratom FOMO
God damn it, Kelley!!Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:31 pm You're talking about that "Killer" product, right? I already have that (haven't tried it yet).
No, I meant all the stuff folks are talking about from Denette. I'm a member but he never sends me emails (he FINALLY replied that he has my email so we'll see in the future). And everyone is talking about his "fire" stuff, but I read where a lot are saying it's gone. So - I'm just asking if there is anything there left I should be getting?
Perhaps I should post this as well in the Denette thread (but I do it with trepidation over what answers I might receive that will cause me to get even more kratoms. Sigh).
Get on the fucking TP already. For fucks sake!! I want to explore your darkest, old man satchels. At this point, your collection must really be something. I will walk you through it too.
All love
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Kratom FOMO
Loveandpeace wrote: ↑Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:23 amGod damn it, Kelley!!Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:31 pm You're talking about that "Killer" product, right? I already have that (haven't tried it yet).
No, I meant all the stuff folks are talking about from Denette. I'm a member but he never sends me emails (he FINALLY replied that he has my email so we'll see in the future). And everyone is talking about his "fire" stuff, but I read where a lot are saying it's gone. So - I'm just asking if there is anything there left I should be getting?
Perhaps I should post this as well in the Denette thread (but I do it with trepidation over what answers I might receive that will cause me to get even more kratoms. Sigh).
Get on the fucking TP already. For fucks sake!! I want to explore your darkest, old man satchels. At this point, your collection must really be something. I will walk you through it too.
All love![]()