Kava increasing kratom tolerance (?)

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Asy1995
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:52 am

Kava increasing kratom tolerance (?)

Post by Asy1995 »

Hey everyone, I've recently picked up some (traditional) kava root powder and am very impressed by the potency of this.

A few weeks back I have read some people talking about kava wrecking their kratom tolerance if taken together for some time because the kava might inhibit the breakdown of kratom alkaloids, thus feeling the kratom way stronger but also increasing tolerance.

Does anyone have any anectodal experience with taking kava with kratom a few times a week, then abstaining from kava and only taking kratom again? If so did you notice an increased tolerance to kratom while abstaining from the kava?


TL;DR: Can kava combined with kratom increase kratom tolerance in a daily kratom user? (because of potentiating effect kava has on kratom(?))

Thanks in advance!
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: Kava increasing kratom tolerance (?)

Post by Roofdog »

Asy1995 wrote: ↑Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:47 am Hey everyone, I've recently picked up some (traditional) kava root powder and am very impressed by the potency of this.

A few weeks back I have read some people talking about kava wrecking their kratom tolerance if taken together for some time because the kava might inhibit the breakdown of kratom alkaloids, thus feeling the kratom way stronger but also increasing tolerance.

Does anyone have any anectodal experience with taking kava with kratom a few times a week, then abstaining from kava and only taking kratom again? If so did you notice an increased tolerance to kratom while abstaining from the kava?


TL;DR: Can kava combined with kratom increase kratom tolerance in a daily kratom user? (because of potentiating effect kava has on kratom(?))

Thanks in advance!
I am looking to try kava. Where and what did you buy if you dont mind me asking?
Asy1995
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:52 am

Re: Kava increasing kratom tolerance (?)

Post by Asy1995 »

Roofdog wrote: ↑Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:47 am
Asy1995 wrote: ↑Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:47 am Hey everyone, I've recently picked up some (traditional) kava root powder and am very impressed by the potency of this.

A few weeks back I have read some people talking about kava wrecking their kratom tolerance if taken together for some time because the kava might inhibit the breakdown of kratom alkaloids, thus feeling the kratom way stronger but also increasing tolerance.

Does anyone have any anectodal experience with taking kava with kratom a few times a week, then abstaining from kava and only taking kratom again? If so did you notice an increased tolerance to kratom while abstaining from the kava?


TL;DR: Can kava combined with kratom increase kratom tolerance in a daily kratom user? (because of potentiating effect kava has on kratom(?))

Thanks in advance!
I am looking to try kava. Where and what did you buy if you dont mind me asking?
Hey, I live in Europe but I got my kava from www.kavaha.eu. I got the "Kava Kava Noble - Deep Calm". It's really potent and after getting over the reverse tolerance I could get away with using 10 grams for a good brew. I was expecting kava to be some overrated thing like valerian, but it isnt, it feels really recreational when combined with kratom IMO.
User avatar
IjustFeltLikeRunnin’
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:07 am

Re: Kava increasing kratom tolerance (?)

Post by IjustFeltLikeRunnin’ »

Just out of curiosity, what should good Kava feel like?

I’ve had store-bought tea bags with Kava in it, (but that’s probably in negligible amounts). And in all honesty, they smell awful.

I’ve always just been kind of curious with all the talk about it on here.
User avatar
Rambo
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:36 am

Re: Kava increasing kratom tolerance (?)

Post by Rambo »

I haven’t personally had any cross tolerance issues between my kava (3-4x per week) and Kratom (daily).

To the person asking, Kava feels to me similar in a way to alcohol and Xanax, at least physically. I’ve had some strong batches of kava that really knocked me on my ass. There’s a range of effects and most “heady” kavas have a nice amount of euphoria ime. It has a strange reverse tolerance where you might not feel ANYTHING the first few times you try it, but then one day, BAM! And after that first hurdle, even taking months long break or more, the reverse tolerance is completely gone.
Also, unless you are drinking fresh (frozen) root, the taste is absolutely disgusting. Fresh kava though, reminds me of cucumber water. It’s actually kind of nice
Melificent311
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:47 pm

Re: Kava increasing kratom tolerance (?)

Post by Melificent311 »

I've been super curious about kava as well. Can anyone recommend a US vendor? I need to research some legit information as well, I'm completely clueless.
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Kava increasing kratom tolerance (?)

Post by Lokey »

There a whole section devoted to kava here, it's on the home page under Off Topic
Melificent311
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:47 pm

Re: Kava increasing kratom tolerance (?)

Post by Melificent311 »

Lokey wrote: ↑Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:44 pm There a whole section devoted to kava here, it's on the home page under Off Topic
Sweet, thanks a bunch
Blergs
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:06 pm

Re: Kava increasing kratom tolerance (?)

Post by Blergs »

Kava and having a cup of coffee makes the coffee like 2 cups (stronger) and last longer. Some studies on this too.
Kavalactones in kava (maybe something else too) has MAOI action. I feel there is something similar with Kratom and kava too. I always lower my Kratom dose a bit when I take it shortly after kava.

So basically if you've been taking say 5g kratom with kava, it's like you were taking 8g of Kratom or something, so when you take it alone, your taking less than your used to.
If you usually take say 5g of Kratom on its own, then with kava lower it to 3 (that sorta idea) or... You build tolerance like in this post.
Goodluck.
Blergs
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:06 pm

Re: Kava increasing kratom tolerance (?)

Post by Blergs »

IjustFeltLikeRunnin’ wrote: ↑Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:06 pm Just out of curiosity, what should good Kava feel like?

I’ve had store-bought tea bags with Kava in it, (but that’s probably in negligible amounts). And in all honesty, they smell awful.

I’ve always just been kind of curious with all the talk about it on here.
Kava tastes horrible to me usually lol. Why when people are bitching that Kratom tastes nasty I laugh lol because kratom taste has literally no concern or care to me. Kava though 😬😬. But I drink kava many years and am used to it, so I look forward to Kratom vs kava taste haha
Asy1995
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:52 am

Re: Kava increasing kratom tolerance (?)

Post by Asy1995 »

Blergs wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:47 am Kava and having a cup of coffee makes the coffee like 2 cups (stronger) and last longer. Some studies on this too.
Kavalactones in kava (maybe something else too) has MAOI action. I feel there is something similar with Kratom and kava too. I always lower my Kratom dose a bit when I take it shortly after kava.

So basically if you've been taking say 5g kratom with kava, it's like you were taking 8g of Kratom or something, so when you take it alone, your taking less than your used to.
If you usually take say 5g of Kratom on its own, then with kava lower it to 3 (that sorta idea) or... You build tolerance like in this post.
Goodluck.
Thanks, this is what i've been looking for. I have definitely noticed it potentiating my dose and ~2 days after a small increase in tolerance.

Stupid question, but have you noticed the same potentiating/tolerance effect when drinking kava after your last kratom dose, or is it only if you drink before your dose?
Blergs
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:06 pm

Re: Kava increasing kratom tolerance (?)

Post by Blergs »

Asy1995 wrote: ↑Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:37 pm
Blergs wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:47 am Kava and having a cup of coffee makes the coffee like 2 cups (stronger) and last longer. Some studies on this too.
Kavalactones in kava (maybe something else too) has MAOI action. I feel there is something similar with Kratom and kava too. I always lower my Kratom dose a bit when I take it shortly after kava.

So basically if you've been taking say 5g kratom with kava, it's like you were taking 8g of Kratom or something, so when you take it alone, your taking less than your used to.
If you usually take say 5g of Kratom on its own, then with kava lower it to 3 (that sorta idea) or... You build tolerance like in this post.
Goodluck.
Thanks, this is what i've been looking for. I have definitely noticed it potentiating my dose and ~2 days after a small increase in tolerance.

Stupid question, but have you noticed the same potentiating/tolerance effect when drinking kava after your last kratom dose, or is it only if you drink before your dose?
You're welcome.

I haven't had any major tolerance issues as I do adjust, but I will say that often I; say I normally take 4-6g every 3-4 hrs, if I have kava say a couple hrs after a dose of Kratom I tend to take my next Kratom dose 4-5hrs after last, instead of 3-4hrs. (If that makes sense how I said it)
It will heighten or extend a lil bit what's already in you from an hr or two prior ime .
But mainly it's within 1-2hrs after kava that I notice it potentiates.

So I'd say just tack on an extra hr before redosing Kratom if Kratom came first, or cut down dose a little if it's coming after kava 😸
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Kava increasing kratom tolerance (?)

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Blergs wrote: ↑Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:05 am So I'd say - just tack on an extra hr before redosing Kratom - if Kratom came first, or cut down dose a little - if it's coming after kava 😸
Exactly what I was lookin' for, thanks for posting! Heading over to a Kava Bar in my city, for a "shell" of their Wiki Wacka noble brew or whatever they call it lol :P
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Blergs
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:06 pm

Re: Kava increasing kratom tolerance (?)

Post by Blergs »

BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:01 pm
Blergs wrote: ↑Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:05 am So I'd say - just tack on an extra hr before redosing Kratom - if Kratom came first, or cut down dose a little - if it's coming after kava 😸
Exactly what I was lookin' for, thanks for posting! Heading over to a Kava Bar in my city, for a "shell" of their Wiki Wacka noble brew or whatever they call it lol :P
You're welcome
I LOVE kava. Been enjoying it since 2006, kratom about 2007. (Car accident on hwy in 2006 fuked up my back/neck) .
ENJOY!!

Here in Canada there are no kava bars and it piss's me off!🤬
Hopefully rules/regulations change (for kratom too, though both can be imported and have or use legally, just not storefront sales, (and for kratom not for human use either)
MysticIsland
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:03 am
Contact:

Re: Kava increasing kratom tolerance (?)

Post by MysticIsland »

I have never noticed a tolerance increase however I do not know if there is a more synergistic pair. I used to work at a kava bar and I would drink 20 plus shells a day plus about 5-6 grams .. The good ole days.
Post Reply