Does anyone else keep notes?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Renob
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:29 pm

Does anyone else keep notes?

Post by Renob »

I’ve noticed that I have some definite OCD tendencies when it comes to my kratom rotation and preferences. A couple of months ago, I decided that I’d start writing down my doses and rotation in order to keep things fresh and to keep from reusing the same strains repeatedly (I’m of the mindset that switching types helps with tolerance issues). Anyway, the initial idea of pre planning and writing down my prospective rotation has turned into a notebook of ratings and notes for each strain that I try! I keep everything color coded, rate each on a scale from 1-10 (with decimals!) and jot some notes for each strain that I try for the first time. I attempt to try everything at least twice before I determine my final ratings, too. It’s a fun hobby and it’s really helped me to plan and prepare!

I was just wondering if anyone else does anything similar or if it’s just me 😜? Lol
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Does anyone else keep notes?

Post by Kelleytoons »

I used to do this - and then my rotation grew so much I couldn't handle it anymore (it's up to over 100) so now I just put them in racks and when I take one I reverse the bottle until they are all reversed (and then I reverse them all and start over again). Also - the notebook was very helpful when both my dose and my batches weren't so standard or good. Now that I have all the major players in my racks (and almost nothing else) there really isn't any need to note how the batch hits or works. Plus - it's not real consistent (most likely because my body is so different all the time).

But there's nothing wrong with it as a hobby. You just have to determine what's fun for you and what becomes work (and if it becomes work, then stop doing it. Life is WAY too short to make more jobs for yourself).
Eu4oric906
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:16 pm
Location: Upper Michigan

Re: Does anyone else keep notes?

Post by Eu4oric906 »

I used to keep notes on dose/affect until it got out of hand and became roo much and i gave it up. Kind of a kratom journal. Now i just keep it moving at roughly the same dose. I dig ur detail, information is always good if you care to compile it. Certainly not a bad obsession.
User avatar
Babel-17
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:35 pm

Re: Does anyone else keep notes?

Post by Babel-17 »

I've used Samsung Tablets with a S-pen for a few years now to keep track of Kratom servings, and the taking of my supplements. As well as some other notes, from what to buy at the grocery store to what I'll be watching on TV.

It became a bit of a goad to stay on top of how much Kratom I take when I committed to always writing it down. ;)

When doing the surveys for Texas Family Harvest I'd take notes on everything I could notice about each serving.

P.S. But nobody can hold a candle to William Dafoe's character in Light Sleeper. He plays a recovering cocaine addict ... who has a job delivering cocaine, and he journals every day. There's at least one scene where we see the stack of notebooks he's filled.

Lol, a dark film but one funny scene where he delivers to a young David Spade, who wants to chat about the Universe while he's high.

The Director wrote the screenplay and also wrote Taxi Driver and American Gigolo (directed that as well), and IIRC sees the films as connected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeCwVvBvVcs
onespeedstop
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 601
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 2:49 pm

Re: Does anyone else keep notes?

Post by onespeedstop »

I only really do/did for reviews. If a particular batch hits 3-4 times in a row, I just make a mental note to space it out more, so it keeps hitting good and lasts longer. I do the reverse as well with dud-batches, or just box them for after WW3 when I can't just order something good ha-ha. Otherwise, no. 75%+ of it is 99% the same to me, it works well enough, I rotate and have some of that batch every 10-12 days, life goes on, all is well in my kratom world. :)
User avatar
Transformato
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:03 am

Re: Does anyone else keep notes?

Post by Transformato »

Renob wrote: ↑Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:24 pm I’ve noticed that I have some definite OCD tendencies when it comes to my kratom rotation and preferences. A couple of months ago, I decided that I’d start writing down my doses and rotation in order to keep things fresh and to keep from reusing the same strains repeatedly (I’m of the mindset that switching types helps with tolerance issues). Anyway, the initial idea of pre planning and writing down my prospective rotation has turned into a notebook of ratings and notes for each strain that I try! I keep everything color coded, rate each on a scale from 1-10 (with decimals!) and jot some notes for each strain that I try for the first time. I attempt to try everything at least twice before I determine my final ratings, too. It’s a fun hobby and it’s really helped me to plan and prepare!

I was just wondering if anyone else does anything similar or if it’s just me 😜? Lol
My old computer couldn't open some of those doc's anymore bc they got so large. My notes became journaling & that made always blends manageable and so worth every effort.
Renob
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:29 pm

Re: Does anyone else keep notes?

Post by Renob »

I guess everyone has their own methods, idiosyncrasies and “superstitions” when it comes to their kratom! I really like to write all kinds of stuff and do so for a hobby so keeping a kratom journal is almost meditative for me. I try a lot of different kinds and while many of the colors are similar in effects, there are definitely standouts and ones with slight differences. I thought I was being an oddball for keeping so many notes, haha. My new thing is gonna be to start writing different combos and ratios for my own blends! I find it fun 🙂😂
SusieQ52
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:32 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Does anyone else keep notes?

Post by SusieQ52 »

I wish I could go in and love all of these comments! I didn't realize there were so many of us out there that journal. I keep my notes in my phone under an app and I have one for each vendor. Then under vendor are orders in order and notes on each batch. It is at least for now a fun thing to do. And I have a seperate page for blends that really work and I always add everyone else's blends that work the best for them. OCD is definitely a really awesome part of my kratom journey. :geek:
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: Does anyone else keep notes?

Post by Roofdog »

I dont take detailed notes i write on the bags wether I like it or not, and if it hits everytime i take it. Thats about it.
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Does anyone else keep notes?

Post by Kelleytoons »

SusieQ52 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:53 am And I have a seperate page for blends that really work and I always add everyone else's blends that work the best for them. OCD is definitely a really awesome part of my kratom journey. :geek:
This is a really smart thing - given how many tens of thousands of blends there could be keeping notes on what's good would be great. I wish I had the discipline - but I've kinda given up.

What I DO do is to put a number from 1-5 on the label of the bottle of capsules each time. This gives me a very rough idea just how powerful it is.
Loveandpeace
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 756
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:12 am
Location: San Fernando Valley, L.A.

Re: Does anyone else keep notes?

Post by Loveandpeace »

onespeedstop wrote: ↑Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:54 pm I only really do/did for reviews. If a particular batch hits 3-4 times in a row, I just make a mental note to space it out more, so it keeps hitting good and lasts longer. I do the reverse as well with dud-batches, or just box them for after WW3 when I can't just order something good ha-ha. Otherwise, no. 75%+ of it is 99% the same to me, it works well enough, I rotate and have some of that batch every 10-12 days, life goes on, all is well in my kratom world. :)
This is me!! Well, the new me.

I don't pay any attention to colors. I play strictly with the top vendors. If something hits amazing, I make a mental note and appropriately space it for the best next time to use it. It really does become a personal stash negotiation.
User avatar
WhiteAngelica
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: Does anyone else keep notes?

Post by WhiteAngelica »

Renob wrote: ↑Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:24 pm I’ve noticed that I have some definite OCD tendencies when it comes to my kratom rotation and preferences. A couple of months ago, I decided that I’d start writing down my doses and rotation in order to keep things fresh and to keep from reusing the same strains repeatedly (I’m of the mindset that switching types helps with tolerance issues). Anyway, the initial idea of pre planning and writing down my prospective rotation has turned into a notebook of ratings and notes for each strain that I try! I keep everything color coded, rate each on a scale from 1-10 (with decimals!) and jot some notes for each strain that I try for the first time. I attempt to try everything at least twice before I determine my final ratings, too. It’s a fun hobby and it’s really helped me to plan and prepare!

I was just wondering if anyone else does anything similar or if it’s just me 😜? Lol
I share a similar likeness to your practices! Similar, but not exactly the same. I have a notebook and write down my current stash, and how many grams are in each bag. I also use a silver sharpee and write the grams left on the corner of every bag. My stash isn't huge, so I am able to remember the properties of my rotation, but I do separate my day kratom from my evening/night kratom. I organize my evening/night kratom from relaxing to 'lights out' and I label the outside of the day and evening/night bags with the contents of each.

My notebook serves more as a measurement of my stash...I need to write down my inventory, since I've been caught with my pants down (and out!--or low--) regarding how much leaf I have left. I often review strains for TFH and other vendors, and I use my notebook especially to record the details you mention above. I take notes on every strain, and every sample I have tested for other vendors. I want to give concrete feedback and as much as possible in this case.

My stash isn't huge, and so I know exactly what is in my stash and the properties of each. Despite the brain fog, I could write out the properties of every kratom I own, right here. I have to dose several times a day and so what I have and it's efficacy is etched into me.

Had I a larger stash, I would do exactly what you do! I still use the notebook, take notes if I'm testing, write down my stash and do frequent gram counts, and organize or reorganize my labels and assess the balance I have between daytime and evening strains. My goal is that they are balanced, but that is not an easy task. I feel like I really hunted for my most recent day red, and then I stumbled upon the others. I am still a bit imbalanced, but that doesn't stop me from practically inhaling my day reds as soon as I wake.

(My kratom notebook is totally separate from my others. I have many notebooks---one, if not several is for my creative writing, another is a glorified to do list that extends indefinitely, and then there is a OCD kratomite log. I also have a list of vendors I'd like to try. OH. I ALSO HAVE A MASTER LIST OF VENDOR PROMO CODES AND DISCOUNTS for a lady with budgetary concerns, or so I can provide assistance with anyone who'd like discount codes from any particular vendor, so it is mostly for me.)

Note takers unite!
The Red Queen
User avatar
WhiteAngelica
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: Does anyone else keep notes?

Post by WhiteAngelica »

Reading these comments, I would love to hear blend recipes you may have! I really suck at blends and I am really missing out, no FOMO.
The Red Queen
Post Reply