PRIVATE RESERVE KRATOM... Marketing or Factual?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
Badgame85
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 379
Joined: Sun May 02, 2021 9:20 pm

PRIVATE RESERVE KRATOM... Marketing or Factual?

Post by Badgame85 »

Now I know the Kratom market is flooded with all sorts of marketing spins and catchy slick tricks to make one vendor convince you that they are better than another, but this one has me thinking.

I tried a $5 (pay for shipping only special) sample trial of Sakti Botanicals which included a red/green/white. Gotta admit the Kratom was pretty damn good! My expectations were heavily surpassed for free "new vendor" kratom trying to make a name for themselves.

Anyway recently I got a e-mail about there new "PRIVATE RESERVE GMD" which comes in "limited stock" and in "micro batches" and "fresh" etc. Pretty expensive too for a company that was giving away 3 oz for free just a few months ago...

Anyone try this? Or is this just yet another attempt to get me to open my wallet :lol:

Ballz said it best (as has many others in the past) that Kratom is Kratom.. period. I strongly believe that but also know that this place has a good track record so far.
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: PRIVATE RESERVE KRATOM... Marketing or Factual?

Post by Roofdog »

Badgame85 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:54 pm Now I know the Kratom market is flooded with all sorts of marketing spins and catchy slick tricks to make one vendor convince you that they are better than another, but this one has me thinking.

I tried a $5 (pay for shipping only special) sample trial of Sakti Botanicals which included a red/green/white. Gotta admit the Kratom was pretty damn good! My expectations were heavily surpassed for free "new vendor" kratom trying to make a name for themselves.

Anyway recently I got a e-mail about there new "PRIVATE RESERVE GMD" which comes in "limited stock" and in "micro batches" and "fresh" etc. Pretty expensive too for a company that was giving away 3 oz for free just a few months ago...

Anyone try this? Or is this just yet another attempt to get me to open my wallet :lol:

Ballz said it best (as has many others in the past) that Kratom is Kratom.. period. I strongly believe that but also know that this place has a good track record so far.
I only say this because its happened to me in the past. You will get a good sample, then buy say a kilo and its junk. Or you get spotty burns off it. To me that means its mixed or attempted to be mixed.
User avatar
uspatriot995
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:22 pm

Re: PRIVATE RESERVE KRATOM... Marketing or Factual?

Post by uspatriot995 »

Roofdog wrote: ↑Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:03 pm
I only say this because its happened to me in the past. You will get a good sample, then buy say a kilo and its junk. Or you get spotty burns off it. To me that means its mixed or attempted to be mixed.
This is part of what I was trying to address in the other thread. I know this is probably done for nefarious reasons like you mentioned.

I wonder about the "good blends". Or if most are blends. Certainly not if you're getting spotty/inconsistent burns.

It sucks to think people are paying higher prices and getting absolute shyte (not speaking of this vendor, just in general).
Last edited by uspatriot995 on Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius...
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: PRIVATE RESERVE KRATOM... Marketing or Factual?

Post by Roofdog »

uspatriot995 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:08 pm
Roofdog wrote: ↑Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:03 pm
I only say this because its happened to me in the past. You will get a good sample, then buy say a kilo and its junk. Or you get spotty burns off it. To me that means its mixed or attempted to be mixed.
This is part of what I was trying to address in the other thread. I know this is probably done for nefarious reasons like you mentioned.

I wonder about the "good blends". Or if most are blends. Certainly not if you're getting spotty/inconsistent blends.

It sucks to think people are paying higher prices and getting absolute shyte (not speaking of this vendor, just in general).
Yes pricing gets crazy. There is a vendor by me called CBD Kratom and they charge a dollar a gram. No joke $500 for a half kilo. If your on mewe i can send you the screen shot of their menu. Its crazy. I stopped in there and asked the guy if it was laced with blow or something.....lol
User avatar
uspatriot995
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:22 pm

Re: PRIVATE RESERVE KRATOM... Marketing or Factual?

Post by uspatriot995 »

Roofdog wrote: ↑Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:12 pm Yes pricing gets crazy. There is a vendor by me called CBD Kratom and they charge a dollar a gram. No joke $500 for a half kilo. If your on mewe i can send you the screen shot of their menu. Its crazy. I stopped in there and asked the guy if it was laced with blow or something.....lol
Yeah, the best leaf I have ever had was the regular 85-90/kg - usually including shipping.

There has been only one exception, and it was worth it. The "fire strains". If you know, you know.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius...
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: PRIVATE RESERVE KRATOM... Marketing or Factual?

Post by Kelleytoons »

I bought all three of the "normal" batches Sakti sold and they were fine (still in my rotation).

Didn't get any email about any "special" stuff (unless it's in today's email, which I doubt). I kind of like the company but can't see spending horrendous amounts on nearly any kratom (okay, so I did buy Denette's "fire" recently, but his track record with me is almost impeccable). But if a company like Sakti is going to do this you'd think they'd at least offer samples as they did of their first batches.
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: PRIVATE RESERVE KRATOM... Marketing or Factual?

Post by Lokey »

Is the fire really that good? Wondering and if so if any is left
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: PRIVATE RESERVE KRATOM... Marketing or Factual?

Post by Roofdog »

Lokey wrote: ↑Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:37 am Is the fire really that good? Wondering and if so if any is left
Yes its pretty good. I got 50g of each strain.
Ive taken it by itself and mixed and it kicks pretty darn good. Dont need much. And he took it off the menu pretry quick so im not sure if hes sitting on anymore
The greens are fast as all get out. Almost too fast. Gotta cut down the dose.
User avatar
uspatriot995
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:22 pm

Re: PRIVATE RESERVE KRATOM... Marketing or Factual?

Post by uspatriot995 »

Lokey wrote: ↑Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:37 am Is the fire really that good? Wondering and if so if any is left
That good.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius...
onespeedstop
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 601
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 2:49 pm

Re: PRIVATE RESERVE KRATOM... Marketing or Factual?

Post by onespeedstop »

All I can say is 1) were they even around 2 years ago, to have some over-priced barrel-aged kratom to sell to you now ? And/or has anyone else on MM ever mentioned them before they themselves started posting here (search the forum). And 2, most of the best kratom I've ever gotten was at or under $100 a kilo, the vendors who take it seriously as a job are bringing good+ quality at reasonable prices, usually without too much hype either, and often times not even an actual website. They seem to want to stay in business, and it seems to be working for the few years I've seen (lots of) vendors come and go on MM here, the best ones are almost all still here.
User avatar
Babel-17
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:35 pm

Re: PRIVATE RESERVE KRATOM... Marketing or Factual?

Post by Babel-17 »

They've been around a couple of years now, and afaik they do testing. See if the labs for the expensive stuff are available.
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: PRIVATE RESERVE KRATOM... Marketing or Factual?

Post by Lokey »

Roofdog wrote: ↑Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:37 pm
Lokey wrote: ↑Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:37 am Is the fire really that good? Wondering and if so if any is left
Yes its pretty good. I got 50g of each strain.
Ive taken it by itself and mixed and it kicks pretty darn good. Dont need much. And he took it off the menu pretry quick so im not sure if hes sitting on anymore
The greens are fast as all get out. Almost too fast. Gotta cut down the dose.
Ok thanks, it's still on the new menu I got yesterday. By each strain you mean both greens and the red?
Csharpe
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:00 pm

Re: PRIVATE RESERVE KRATOM... Marketing or Factual?

Post by Csharpe »

Roofdog wrote: ↑Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:03 pm
Badgame85 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:54 pm Now I know the Kratom market is flooded with all sorts of marketing spins and catchy slick tricks to make one vendor convince you that they are better than another, but this one has me thinking.

I tried a $5 (pay for shipping only special) sample trial of Sakti Botanicals which included a red/green/white. Gotta admit the Kratom was pretty damn good! My expectations were heavily surpassed for free "new vendor" kratom trying to make a name for themselves.

Anyway recently I got a e-mail about there new "PRIVATE RESERVE GMD" which comes in "limited stock" and in "micro batches" and "fresh" etc. Pretty expensive too for a company that was giving away 3 oz for free just a few months ago...

Anyone try this? Or is this just yet another attempt to get me to open my wallet :lol:

Ballz said it best (as has many others in the past) that Kratom is Kratom.. period. I strongly believe that but also know that this place has a good track record so far.
I only say this because its happened to me in the past. You will get a good sample, then buy say a kilo and its junk. Or you get spotty burns off it. To me that means its mixed or attempted to be mixed.
I remember reading something I think Stephen from 7-ohm wrote awhile back. That with larger batches there are so many hot and cold spots so to speak in the batch. Half the bag could be stronger than the other half and theoretically that would be more prevalent in a kilo rather than a small sample bag. With true small batch vendors it wouldn’t be as common though. I definitely think personal chemistry and other different daily factors comes into play as well but was interesting to me and fits what you’re saying
Post Reply