Flying with extracts/kratom

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Jking
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Flying with extracts/kratom

Post by Jking »

Hey I’m going to Las Vegas on the 20th of this month for my 25th birthday. Last trip we only spend like2500 so more affordable then you might think, and that was with two people, and going to three shows, and eating good food everyday plus a reservation at one of Gordon’s nicest restaurant. It’s the little things take carry on, don’t gamble, don’t drink, and most importantly ignore all the shameless people selling you things you don’t need, or asked for; seriously it’s like being in a third world country. Anyway what I want to know is as anybody flew with a few bags of extract. Is there any trouble? The airport is federal so don’t know if this plays any factors. Was gonna bring a few baggies, or capsules not expecting any trouble but would love any feedback. I have bad paranoia, and airports definitely trigger me with all the security, and rules. I read up on it; pretty sure I’m fine but would love some others inputs on this. Might just leave it at home though.
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Flying with extracts/kratom

Post by e_poison »

Kratom is federally legal, so you should be okay. If they ask about the green powder, just tell the truth. It's a herbal supplement.

What I like to do when I travel is just mail it to myself. If you know where you're staying, should be easy to just send yourself a small supply for your trip. Then just toss what you don't use before boarding the plane to come home.
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Flying with extracts/kratom

Post by Kelleytoons »

Also - grass is legal in Nevada (sigh - after living there for 35 years they FINALLY legalize it after I move :>) so if kratom isn't specifically outlawed there you won't have any issues at all (they might just assume that was what it was).
Jking
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Re: Flying with extracts/kratom

Post by Jking »

Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:53 am Also - grass is legal in Nevada (sigh - after living there for 35 years they FINALLY legalize it after I move :>) so if kratom isn't specifically outlawed there you won't have any issues at all (they might just assume that was what it was).
Know how you feel. Smoke weed everyday, and live in sc. it still ain’t legal here sadly. I’ve been smoking since I was 14 so over ten years, and were like one of three states that haven’t done anything. It’s still on the schedule 1 list. North Carolina at least put it on schedule 4 a long ass time ago basically decriminalized it. We have had no reform, or decriminalizing of the marijuana laws. though South Carolina as never been big on change. I still love it though beautiful place with many upsides just wish they would at least move it off the schedule 1 list where it’s classified in the same schedule as heroin, or meth though maybe not treated as harshly though but not by as much as you would think. Also thanks for the advice. This is my second trip they got some really good grass no doubt but the laws are stupid. You’re only allowed to smoke in private residences which for tourists is hard to do, and it makes no sense. Since most of the money they make is from the tourist buying weed but they make it hard for them to use what they bought.
Last edited by Jking on Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jking
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Re: Flying with extracts/kratom

Post by Jking »

e_poison wrote: ↑Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:41 pm Kratom is federally legal, so you should be okay. If they ask about the green powder, just tell the truth. It's a herbal supplement.

What I like to do when I travel is just mail it to myself. If you know where you're staying, should be easy to just send yourself a small supply for your trip. Then just toss what you don't use before boarding the plane to come home.
Alright thank you I feel better now. Honestly I have already given the mailing thing lots of thought already . Seems to much trouble to ship something to a hotel then hope it shows up in time in my opinion. Though I guess you could ship it early though I don’t know how trustworthy the hotel will be in not losing it over time never done something like this before. I assume they would just hold onto it at the front desk ,or something til I arrived.
Roofdog
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Re: Flying with extracts/kratom

Post by Roofdog »

Jking wrote: ↑Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:48 pm Hey I’m going to Las Vegas on the 20th of this month for my 25th birthday. Last trip we only spend like2500 so more affordable then you might think, and that was with two people, and going to three shows, and eating good food everyday plus a reservation at one of Gordon’s nicest restaurant. It’s the little things take carry on, don’t gamble, don’t drink, and most importantly ignore all the shameless people selling you things you don’t need, or asked for; seriously it’s like being in a third world country. Anyway what I want to know is as anybody flew with a few bags of extract. Is there any trouble? The airport is federal so don’t know if this plays any factors. Was gonna bring a few baggies, or capsules not expecting any trouble but would love any feedback. I have bad paranoia, and airports definitely trigger me with all the security, and rules. I read up on it; pretty sure I’m fine but would love some others inputs on this. Might just leave it at home though.
I flew with several open bags in my carry on and suitcase. You should be good. I went out of ohare in Chicago
User avatar
Kucumber
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:33 am

Re: Flying with extracts/kratom

Post by Kucumber »

I’ve flown with kratom about a dozen times now, 4 different states including NV. Typically I take a small amount in carry on, maybe 3-4 doses, and the rest I check. What I carry on is usually powder, in one of those small shaker bottle funnels. However I’ve also taken capsules. No issues either way. Not even a question. In general always want to make sure where you are flying to (or through) is kratom friendly though, just in case.
Eu4oric906
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:16 pm
Location: Upper Michigan

Re: Flying with extracts/kratom

Post by Eu4oric906 »

Was in vegas last month, flew from Michigan via chicago w a sealed 250g in my checked bag. Buddy had a smaller amount in his carry on. No issues.
Jking
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Re: Flying with extracts/kratom

Post by Jking »

Thanks guys hearing others experience really puts my shot nerves to rest. I did research before I even posted because has much as I love this community you can’t just ask for advice then take it blindly expecting things to go alright in my opinion. Your comments pretty much confirm what I researched but you can never have too many opinions. I especially appreciate the first hand experiences they are always the ones that I put the most stock in. I just gonna brink a carry on to save money with maybe some extract labeled, or a couple small baggies for a few doses while I’m there. Gonna stay 4 days so not much.
User avatar
add to descartes
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:33 pm

Re: Flying with extracts/kratom

Post by add to descartes »

just flew a few months ago. had multiple open bags of it in my carryon equalling about 300 grams. they do not care. they never even checked my bag on any of the flights. on the TSA website, it even plainly states that they do not search for drugs. they're looking for explosives and guns, that's it.

i'd recommend looking on reddit r/kratom, there is an entire megathread with an faq and people asking the same exact thing (it gets asked a lot there), as well as recent experiences from people - all basically saying that they had no problem.

at worst, if they do happen to check your bag and see it, they may swab it for explosives (to make sure it's not bomb making material), but that's it. like I said, they do not care. and anyway, it's legal. absolutely no need to worry.
kratomites of the world, unite!
Jking
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Re: Flying with extracts/kratom

Post by Jking »

I did research before hand, and was 99 percent sure I was fine but I really like this form because everyone is so nice mostly. Add to the fact that this is a kratom forum with more info than most forms on kratom in my opinion that are not Kratom exclusive. If might not have the big database of Reddit but the people here all use kratom often so I figure this would be the best place to get some second hand input, and maybe get some a second opinion, and maybe some first hand experiences. Which I did greatly easing my extreme paranoia.
User avatar
add to descartes
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:33 pm

Re: Flying with extracts/kratom

Post by add to descartes »

Jking wrote: ↑Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:04 am I did research before hand, and was 99 percent sure I was fine but I really like this form because everyone is so nice mostly. Add to the fact that this is a kratom forum with more info than most forms on kratom in my opinion that are not Kratom exclusive. If might not have the big database of Reddit but the people here all use kratom often so I figure this would be the best place to get some second hand input, and maybe get some a second opinion, and maybe some first hand experiences. Which I did greatly easing my extreme paranoia.
yeah I was just saying that it's a common worry, even though I knew it was going to be fine I still was paranoid going through the checkpoint, but they didn't give my carryon a second look after it went through the x-ray machine. if they happen to ask, you can just tell them what it is; no need to use a euphemism like "herbal tea" or whatever. you can bring however much you want, in as many sealed or unsealed bag as you want... although they say if it's a powder weighing more than 10oz, they ask you to put it in its separate bin going through the checkpoint just so they can swab for explosive residue more conveniently. either way, you'll 100% be fine.

from the TSA.gov official website - "TSA security officers do not search for marijuana or other illegal drugs." the only time you might need to worry is if you're on an international flight.
kratomites of the world, unite!
Post Reply