Hudson Valley Botanicals SWG & WJK
Forum rules
Please remember this area is for REVIEWS only - meaning you are giving your opinion on a strain or vendor.
This is not an area to post questions or ask for advice.
If you are seeking strain or vendor recommendations, kindly ask in the general discussion forum.
Additionally, please remember to put the NAME OF THE VENDOR and/or the STRAIN NAME in the title of your post.
Please remember this area is for REVIEWS only - meaning you are giving your opinion on a strain or vendor.
This is not an area to post questions or ask for advice.
If you are seeking strain or vendor recommendations, kindly ask in the general discussion forum.
Additionally, please remember to put the NAME OF THE VENDOR and/or the STRAIN NAME in the title of your post.
- lapsedpacifist
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:16 pm
Hudson Valley Botanicals SWG & WJK
Given the relative lack of reviews for Hudson Valley on DM, I'm breaking my lurker status for my first post. I have no association, other than being a new customer, with HVB.
I recently purchased a split-kilo of their Super Wild Green (SWG101722) and White Jongkong (WJK91421) and have been super impressed with both the quality (or effects) and delivery speed. There are obviously quite a bunch of well-beloved small batch vendors in these forums (most of which I have yet to try) and my reason for trying HVB vs those was, honestly, proximity to where I live. Their website is also clean and well-designed which certainly didn't hurt in driving this decision. I ordered on a Monday afternoon, the product shipped on Tuesday, and I received on Wednesday. Pretty great for instant gratification.
Some backstory: I started my Kratom journey about 18 months ago with powder (White MD and Super Red Bali) from Science.bio (now defunct). Armed with incorrect internet knowledge, I started with 2 tablespoons (probably about 12-14 grams) and lost my shit (in a good-ish way—I was just completely unprepared for the effects of Kratom while dealing with my small children!). With more research, I realized that was a very high amount for one dose, especially for a newbie. Being a lifelong pot smoker, Kratom was a revelation; great effects without intoxication. I lowered the dose to about 1 tbsp afterwards until I finished the split kilo.
The thing is, I never liked the toss & wash method as I'd often choke on the powder and am not a fan of the flavor (I also have no interest in making teas or putting it into food). As such, I moved on to capsules from various vendors (Kona, VIP, Krabot, Kats) until this order with HVB. Capsules were clean, portable and precise which I liked, but they just hadn't hit the same as powder, regardless of strain (maybe I've been too conservative with capsule dosage). Also, I'd get really bad constipation if I wasn't careful (TMI probably).
So, back to HVB. Unlike most of you pros here on this forum, I generally can't discern much difference in specific effects from strains, (with the possible exception of reds which do tend to wind me down). Generally speaking, the nuances are lost on me, but not the macro effects. I've been taking 1 tbsp of these per dose and they bring me back to the beginning of my relationship with Kratom. Clean, long-lasting, and really enjoyable. Maybe too enjoyable...
Apologies for the long post, but glad to be part of this community!
I recently purchased a split-kilo of their Super Wild Green (SWG101722) and White Jongkong (WJK91421) and have been super impressed with both the quality (or effects) and delivery speed. There are obviously quite a bunch of well-beloved small batch vendors in these forums (most of which I have yet to try) and my reason for trying HVB vs those was, honestly, proximity to where I live. Their website is also clean and well-designed which certainly didn't hurt in driving this decision. I ordered on a Monday afternoon, the product shipped on Tuesday, and I received on Wednesday. Pretty great for instant gratification.
Some backstory: I started my Kratom journey about 18 months ago with powder (White MD and Super Red Bali) from Science.bio (now defunct). Armed with incorrect internet knowledge, I started with 2 tablespoons (probably about 12-14 grams) and lost my shit (in a good-ish way—I was just completely unprepared for the effects of Kratom while dealing with my small children!). With more research, I realized that was a very high amount for one dose, especially for a newbie. Being a lifelong pot smoker, Kratom was a revelation; great effects without intoxication. I lowered the dose to about 1 tbsp afterwards until I finished the split kilo.
The thing is, I never liked the toss & wash method as I'd often choke on the powder and am not a fan of the flavor (I also have no interest in making teas or putting it into food). As such, I moved on to capsules from various vendors (Kona, VIP, Krabot, Kats) until this order with HVB. Capsules were clean, portable and precise which I liked, but they just hadn't hit the same as powder, regardless of strain (maybe I've been too conservative with capsule dosage). Also, I'd get really bad constipation if I wasn't careful (TMI probably).
So, back to HVB. Unlike most of you pros here on this forum, I generally can't discern much difference in specific effects from strains, (with the possible exception of reds which do tend to wind me down). Generally speaking, the nuances are lost on me, but not the macro effects. I've been taking 1 tbsp of these per dose and they bring me back to the beginning of my relationship with Kratom. Clean, long-lasting, and really enjoyable. Maybe too enjoyable...
Apologies for the long post, but glad to be part of this community!
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: Hudson Valley Botanicals SWG & WJK
I'm also a fan of Hudson Valley's white jongkong and super wild green!
Thanks for your review, and welcome to the forum!
Thanks for your review, and welcome to the forum!
- Babel-17
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 475
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:35 pm
Re: Hudson Valley Botanicals SWG & WJK
Their Super Wild Green has been very nice for me as well, a reliable boost.
- lapsedpacifist
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:16 pm
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: Hudson Valley Botanicals SWG & WJK
It's true they don't get nearly as much love as they deserve here. Every one of us probably has some HV somewhere.
-
Catcrazy
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:02 am
Re: Hudson Valley Botanicals SWG & WJK
I've not tried this vendor but with all these recent reviews I'm willing to try! Thank you all for these recent reviews!!