URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Erpudjt
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:43 pm

URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Post by Erpudjt »

On May 2 there will be a committee voting to make it a FELONY to have kratom in Louisiana! I'm freaking out you guys! This is happening in a few days! PLEASE send your kratom stories out even just a few sentences protesting this madness to [email protected]
Please help us, if for no other reason than your state could follow suite next!
Erpudjt
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:43 pm

Re: URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Post by Erpudjt »

To make it extra easy feel free to copy and paste this to add to whatever else you have to say in the email

A 2020 study funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse concluded that kratom is an effective treatment for pain, helps users reduce their use of opioids, and has a low risk of adverse effects.
Millions of people safely use kratom on a regular basis.
The DEA withdrew from criminalizing kratom and the FDA seems to be toning down unsubstantiated rhetoric about waves of “kratom deaths,” most of which were not properly analyzed and reported in the first place. What we need is evidence from controlled, scientific studies — not drug hysteria.
Scientists say there’s little evidence that mitragynine causes fatal overdoses, and many kratom advocates claim that overdosing on the substance alone is impossible. Although authorities have come forward with reports of deaths supposedly related to kratom, all of the cases they’ve cited publicly have involved the presence of other, often more dangerous drugs, making it nearly impossible to discern kratom’s role in the fatalities.
after weighing the available evidence, regulatory bodies in the US and at the WHO both determined that kratom does not pose the necessary public health risks to place it under such severe restrictions, and that, conversely, doing so could possibly lead to negative outcomes
SaintsWillConquer
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 4:22 am

Re: URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Post by SaintsWillConquer »

Here is the latest from the American Kratom Association... protectkratom.org/louisiana

The more people who respectfully contact representatives the better. This is serious!
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Post by Kelleytoons »

While I would encourage ALL who live in the affected area to do something (even including showing up at the hearings/vote), generally information from the outside has little to no effect. The representatives aren't interested in anything other than reelection, and if you can't vote for them they couldn't care less what you have to say.

That said, again I would say that all folks being represented by those assholes take action - calling is the most effective (emails are a dime a dozen).
User avatar
SeventhHeaven
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:05 pm

Re: URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Post by SeventhHeaven »

Exactly what Kelleytoons said. If you live in Louisiana - or have friends/family who do and who understand about kratom's benefits - CALL CALL CALL. They really don't much care about emails.
Erpudjt
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:43 pm

Re: URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Post by Erpudjt »

I agree about the reelection thing, but I don't think they can tell where you live from an email can they?
User avatar
Faith_n_Grace
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:00 pm

Re: URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Post by Faith_n_Grace »

I emailed every single rep. I do not live in Louisiana but wanted to help in anyway that I could.
SaintsWillConquer
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 4:22 am

Re: URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Post by SaintsWillConquer »

Faith_n_Grace wrote: ↑Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:20 pm I emailed every single rep. I do not live in Louisiana but wanted to help in anyway that I could.
You are awesome!
Adrumaddict
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:37 pm

Re: URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Post by Adrumaddict »

Anyone hear the results yet? I can’t seem to find any info about it.
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Post by Lokey »

I read due to high advocacy and AKA presentations they tabled the bill to reconsider Kratom Consumer Protection Act!
Adrumaddict
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:37 pm

Re: URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Post by Adrumaddict »

Lokey wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 6:50 pm I read due to high advocacy and AKA presentations they tabled the bill to reconsider Kratom Consumer Protection Act!
👍🤘 thanks Lokey!!
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Post by Lokey »

You're welcome. I couldn't remember where I read it but found this, not sure if it'll work here:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/KratomUni ... tid=Nif5oz

Copied text:
Update 5/2/23 on Louisiana Ban Bills:
Protectkratom.org/louisiana

House Vote has been pushed from today, May 2nd to Monday May 8th in response to the Senate hearing and all the advocacy efforts.

Louisiana Senate is also considering a kratom ban bill: SB 94

Hearing on Monday May 2nd has concluded and the Senate Ban Bill Sponsors are considering the KCPA rather than pushing for Schedule I criminalization. There was a lot of response to the advocates and testimony from AKA's legislative team. Thank you to everyone who has commented.

We can continue to Contact Louisiana Legislators Today via Email & on their Facebook Pages

Tell them “Don’t Make Me a Felon!”

Also:
Louisiana House will meet about HB572, Kratom Consumer Protection Act Bill, Wednesday, May 10 at 10AM in the Health and Welfare Committee, Conference Room 5.

#kratomprotectors
Mac Haddow
Last edited by Lokey on Fri May 05, 2023 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
7-hydroxymitragynine
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:23 pm

Re: URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Post by 7-hydroxymitragynine »

Lokey wrote: ↑Thu May 04, 2023 6:50 pm I read due to high advocacy and AKA presentations they tabled the bill to reconsider Kratom Consumer Protection Act!
That's fantastic news!
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Post by Lokey »

Turns out it's actually not good at all, here are more details, very scary:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vendorsofkrato ... are_button
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Post by Kelleytoons »

As I said earlier, the important thing is for folks in LA to participate (at this point go down in person - if I lived in the state or even NEAR the state I'd be there).

As it stands, if they make kratom illegal that's just one (more) state I'll NEVER visit (not that they need my money, but they are basically going to cut out at least SOME tourism).
downsouth
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat May 06, 2023 3:41 pm

Re: URGENT! PLEASE HELP LOUISIANA

Post by downsouth »

Hey everyone,

I posted a comprehensive update earlier in the General Discussion board. Any assistance with emailing, calling and leaving voicemails over the weekend is greatly appreciated. Check my post, but essentially everything is hinging upon the two ban bills that are being heard Monday - one in the House, and one in the Senate.

There is a KCPA bill scheduled for committee Wednesday, which will become super important if the ban bills pass the senate. The governor would have the option of vetoing either side.

And, believe it or not, emails from out of state do matter. I would imagine with hundreds of emails coming in, they don't stop to verify who's in state or out of state. You don't even have to put your state.

I realize it's a lot to ask, as you're probably looking at an 45min to an hours worth of work, but it will definately help the cause. Thanks again.
Post Reply