Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by BallzDeep9 »

This week the 2 most popular Vendor subs on Reddit both got BANNED and taken down... r/.VendorsOfKratom and r/.SmallBatchKratom :geek:

Almost FIVE years after my own sub r/.KratomVendors got banned :o (I was snitched on, and "reported", by a fellow kratom user!) and also 5 Years after Double M got started... wow. 5 years?

For those on Reddit there is lots of moaning and crying on the "Reddit Request" sub to restore it ? but... don't hold your breath. :? Reddit doesn't usually restore banned subs. These people also should know about Double M ? But there's no group contact app ? Hopefully they'll find us here. https://old.reddit.com/r/redditrequest/ ... sofkratom/
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by herbalhippie »

BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:55 pm This week the 2 most popular Vendor subs on Reddit both got BANNED and taken down... r/.VendorsOfKratom and r/.SmallBatchKratom :geek:

Almost FIVE years after my own sub r/.KratomVendors got banned :o (I was snitched on, and "reported", by a fellow kratom user!) and also 5 Years after Double M got started... wow. 5 years?

For those on Reddit there is lots of moaning and crying on the "Reddit Request" sub to restore it ? but... don't hold your breath. :? Reddit doesn't usually restore banned subs. These people also should know about Double M ? But there's no group contact app ? Hopefully they'll find us here. https://old.reddit.com/r/redditrequest/ ... sofkratom/
Reddit has been on a rampage lately and it's not just kratom subs. A lot of changes in the last month and a LOT of uproar.

I was considering commenting about this forum in that Reddit Request thread earlier but I can't put myself in a position to possibly be banned, so I'm staying out of it.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by BallzDeep9 »

herbalhippie wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:26 pm I was considering commenting about this forum in that Reddit Request thread earlier but I can't put myself in a position to possibly be banned, so I'm staying out of it.
yep same here... I had actually posted recently, to Reply in a couple of r/.Vendors threads & had given out the Vendor List LINK on Saidit.NET -- the sub was getting quite active. Bunch of popup vendors advertising lol... All of my comments there are gone, removed from my History.

Reddit also recently took action to BLOCK the "RevEddit" 3rd party App's which could read some deleted comments... Ongoing battle there with Reddit API - I don't have time to investigate but they have a sub https://old.reddit.com/r/reveddit/
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Removed
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by herbalhippie »

BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:13 pm Removed
PM me please, Ballz. Thanks!
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by e_poison »

Surprised they lasted as long as they did. The admins basically said no vendor names or advertising on reddit YEARS ago.
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
User avatar
OriginalLHB
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:22 am
Location: The Republic of Texas

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by OriginalLHB »

I don't know nearly as much about Intra Reddit politics as many of the posters above, but I will say that I learned a lot from Reddit, and I would not have found this site without it. r/Vendorsofkratom and r/smallbatchkratom had their problems, but I have no idea how newcomers are going to learn about what is out there without forums like those to serve as an introduction.
Eu4oric906
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:16 pm
Location: Upper Michigan

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by Eu4oric906 »

Yeah I started over there prior to coming here. When I was looking to expand my horizons and see what was out there. I still check it every so often, but more for other interests.
User avatar
Madvillain626
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:00 am
Location: Altadena, CA

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by Madvillain626 »

I browsed r/kratomreview100, r/vendorsofkratom and r/smallbatchkratom on days when DoubleM was slow. Surprised these subs even existed but I figured maybe reddit eased up a bit on their bans on kratom reviews & vendor advertisements. Looks like the hammer got dropped.

r/kratomreview100 is still up it looks like
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by herbalhippie »

Madvillain626 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:26 pm I browsed r/kratomreview100, r/vendorsofkratom and r/smallbatchkratom on days when DoubleM was slow. Surprised these subs even existed but I figured maybe reddit eased up a bit on their bans on kratom reviews & vendor advertisements. Looks like the hammer got dropped.

r/kratomreview100 is still up it looks like
Yes, there are quite a few subs still up, I was kind of surprised.
User avatar
OriginalLHB
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:22 am
Location: The Republic of Texas

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by OriginalLHB »

Madvillain626 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:26 pm I browsed r/kratomreview100, r/vendorsofkratom and r/smallbatchkratom on days when DoubleM was slow. Surprised these subs even existed but I figured maybe reddit eased up a bit on their bans on kratom reviews & vendor advertisements. Looks like the hammer got dropped.

r/kratomreview100 is still up it looks like
I hate to appear like and idiot, but why are they so concerned about kratom reviews and vendor advertisements? I strongly suspect that they have a much more lenient attitude toward certain activities and devices that are far more sketchy than kratom.
User avatar
Madvillain626
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:00 am
Location: Altadena, CA

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by Madvillain626 »

OriginalLHB wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:05 pm
Madvillain626 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:26 pm I browsed r/kratomreview100, r/vendorsofkratom and r/smallbatchkratom on days when DoubleM was slow. Surprised these subs even existed but I figured maybe reddit eased up a bit on their bans on kratom reviews & vendor advertisements. Looks like the hammer got dropped.

r/kratomreview100 is still up it looks like
I hate to appear like and idiot, but why are they so concerned about kratom reviews and vendor advertisements? I strongly suspect that they have a much more lenient attitude toward certain activities and devices that are far more sketchy than kratom.
I imagine reddit doesn't want to be head liable if someone gets hurt as a result of some sketchy reddit vendor (for example that sad case of the lady who died after dosing "space dust"). Also some vendors shill so much they end up breaking the rules against spamming.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by herbalhippie »

OriginalLHB wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:05 pm
Madvillain626 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:26 pm I browsed r/kratomreview100, r/vendorsofkratom and r/smallbatchkratom on days when DoubleM was slow. Surprised these subs even existed but I figured maybe reddit eased up a bit on their bans on kratom reviews & vendor advertisements. Looks like the hammer got dropped.

r/kratomreview100 is still up it looks like
I hate to appear like and idiot, but why are they so concerned about kratom reviews and vendor advertisements? I strongly suspect that they have a much more lenient attitude toward certain activities and devices that are far more sketchy than kratom.
It has to do with a new law that was passed back then that social media platforms should be held responsible for what their users post. I don't remember exactly how it went, e_poison or Ballz could explain it better. Anyway, they banned a whole bunch of subs, not just kratom subs either. We got a message one morning that we were to remove all mentions of vendors or we'd be banned and let me tell you, we cleaned our sub out in a matter of hours. It was very stressful. lol
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by Lokey »

I had a notification not too long ago from small batch asking for people to sign back up but I lost it. Found their requests to reinstate and submitted requests.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by BallzDeep9 »

e_poison wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:05 pm Surprised they lasted as long as they did. The admins basically said no vendor names or advertising on reddit YEARS ago.
Right. My sub and others, were banned: "due to a violation of our content policy, specifically, a violation of Reddit’s policy against transactions involving prohibited goods or services."
V
That was all related to a temporary, Legal PANIC over Section 230 Law... Reddit went back to allowing full advertising, like 3+ years ago. 😋 Their old rules were changed obviously... A vendor: Viable Solutions, runs a Reddit sub & promotes their kratom, no problem. r/ kratomkorner.

The current bans NOW, are being done under completely different rules :: "This subreddit was banned due to being used for spam." 😏

Nothing about content policy or transactions.... They're getting waves of multiple Reports about "Spam". These anonymous Reports could be from anti kratom groups, OR could be other vendors ??
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Csharpe
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:00 pm

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by Csharpe »

BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:43 pm
e_poison wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:05 pm Surprised they lasted as long as they did. The admins basically said no vendor names or advertising on reddit YEARS ago.
Right. My sub and others, were banned: "due to a violation of our content policy, specifically, a violation of Reddit’s policy against transactions involving prohibited goods or services."
V
That was all related to a temporary, Legal PANIC over Section 230 Law... Reddit went back to allowing full advertising, like 3+ years ago. 😋 Their old rules were changed obviously... A vendor: Viable Solutions, runs a Reddit sub & promotes their kratom, no problem. r/ kratomkorner.

The current bans NOW, are being done under completely different rules :: "This subreddit was banned due to being used for spam." 😏

Nothing about content policy or transactions.... They're getting waves of multiple Reports about "Spam". These anonymous Reports could be from anti kratom groups, OR could be other vendors ??
I would lean more towards anti kratom groups. There was a couple other kratom pages and channels taken down as well across different platforms.. even that Joey Talks guy got banned from YouTube, not a fan of his content but he is a pretty well known name so I was surprised. Probably that KDA group
User avatar
boureka
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by boureka »

Joey Talks still on YouTube. Promotes tapers and washouts with stem and vein. I guess he's not banned?
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by Kelleytoons »

As with some others I would not have found this forum without the Reddit group - but I haven't been back there since (so - a few years).

I was lucky because a Reddit member PMed me about this place. Sorry I can't remember that name but I owe him.
dantheleafman
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 31, 2023 1:23 am

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by dantheleafman »

I've been on Reddit since 2016. It's always been an interesting source of information, but I find myself getting weary of it lately. Communities like this, Discord, and MeWe seem to be the future. Reddit makes it too easy to "spam kill" subs and has become pretty arbitrary with its decisions to ban subs. It has a huge reach, and subs like r/Kratom benefit the kratom community. But I think vendors should look elsewhere for promotion of their products.
Csharpe
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:00 pm

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by Csharpe »

boureka wrote: ↑Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:51 pm Joey Talks still on YouTube. Promotes tapers and washouts with stem and vein. I guess he's not banned?
Yeah sorry I misspoke.. his main channel was banned not actually him, so he started a new one and uploaded videos to that
MetalMamaRocks
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by MetalMamaRocks »

Madvillain626 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:26 pm I browsed r/kratomreview100, r/vendorsofkratom and r/smallbatchkratom on days when DoubleM was slow. Surprised these subs even existed but I figured maybe reddit eased up a bit on their bans on kratom reviews & vendor advertisements. Looks like the hammer got dropped.

r/kratomreview100 is still up it looks like
Yeah, I'm surprised these subs existed too!
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by mivanqua »

Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:16 pm As with some others I would not have found this forum without the Reddit group - but I haven't been back there since (so - a few years).

I was lucky because a Reddit member PMed me about this place. Sorry I can't remember that name but I owe him.
Does the name RentFreeCrisisAct (reddit randomly picked that name, I didn't choose it, I just thought it sounded cool) ring a bell?
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by Kelleytoons »

Um, no but that doesn't mean it wasn't you (AFAIK it was just some regular "guy" name - if I understood Reddit better I'd go back there and look. But he PMed me at least two or three times recommending this group and I finally showed up here).

Since I found this group I haven't been back to Reddit - don't miss it at all (like Discord I just find it annoying. I'm old school BBS/Forums, though).
pray4peace4
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by pray4peace4 »

Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:16 pm As with some others I would not have found this forum without the Reddit group - but I haven't been back there since (so - a few years).

I was lucky because a Reddit member PMed me about this place. Sorry I can't remember that name but I owe him.
Hi. That was me. I was drumming up business for the best kratom forum in the world.
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Kratom Vendor subs BANNED on Reddit: July 2023.

Post by Kelleytoons »

Oh, okay then. I do owe you (clearly, as I've spent FAR too much time and money here :>). I'm just not sure what I owe you (a punch in the mouth for all the money I don't have? Or a big thanks for all the great kratom?)
Post Reply