Freezer kratom storage

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Leroux
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2025 12:16 pm

Freezer kratom storage

Post by Leroux »

Can I store fresh, unopenned bags of kratom powder in my deep freeze? Will it extend the shelf life?
Thanks!
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2153
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Freezer kratom storage

Post by e_poison »

I wouldn’t store it in the freezer. It’ll be fine in sealed bags or mason jars. As long as you keep it dry, it’ll stay good indefinitely.

The problem with freezing is twofold. One, freezing is one of the methods used to potentiate kratom. And two, it will get moldy when you thaw it out.
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
User avatar
GreenAnimal
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:20 am

Re: Freezer kratom storage

Post by GreenAnimal »

No don’t put in the freezer. 🥶
User avatar
Suleyken
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:40 pm
Location: California

Re: Freezer kratom storage

Post by Suleyken »

Personally I store my current rotations in the freezer and have done so for… years. I take my dose directly from the freezer. No problem, no mold. I store the stash in a box in a closet. Doesn’t seem to make a difference.
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2153
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Freezer kratom storage

Post by e_poison »

Suleyken wrote: ↑Thu Apr 24, 2025 2:01 pm Personally I store my current rotations in the freezer and have done so for… years. I take my dose directly from the freezer. No problem, no mold. I store the stash in a box in a closet. Doesn’t seem to make a difference.
The mold would come from pulling it out of the freezer to thaw out, but I guess if you’re just leaving it in the freezer permanently and taking doses out of it, I guess it would be okay in theory. Doesn’t it freeze into a solid icy clump though? Do you just chisel a chunk off? :lol: I’m curious how you store it in this method.
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
User avatar
Babel-17
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 473
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:35 pm

Re: Freezer kratom storage

Post by Babel-17 »

Years ago I once kept nearly a kilo of Kratom in the freezer, sealed tight in a bag with all the air squeezed out and with desiccant packs dispersed throughout it. I no longer do that, as I now know the longevity of Kratom. Back then I had just found sources of Kratom, and at the same time I'd read troubling talk of a ban possibly being imminent.

Anyway, "No Kratom was harmed during this experiment", lol, and as I allowed the Kratom to come back to room temperature while it was still totally sealed up I don't see how additional moisture could get introduced. I ended up giving most of it away to a friend who didn't have online sources and basically stayed in lockdown, working from home as always, during the COVID epidemic. What I kept was perfectly fine for the months that I used it.
Post Reply