ISO THE kratom tea recipe

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
stockhausen
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:18 am

ISO THE kratom tea recipe

Post by stockhausen »

can you folks share what you consider to be the end all be all kratom tea recipe / supplies / process. I'd like to get back into making tea; I've tried a bunch of techniques over the years but I'd really like to hear what people here swear by and what they like to use re: strainers, teabags, etc etc

ideally a recipe that is suited to powdered as that allows the most variety but also ISO some quality loose leaf kratom vendors if y'all have got some
Jking
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:21 pm

Re: ISO THE kratom tea recipe

Post by Jking »

Search red bubble, or making tea in general on this forum would probably be your best bet. Many people have written their recipes plus tips, and tricks. I’m sure you can find what that suits your needs.
User avatar
IndelibleDotInk
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3358
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Re: ISO THE kratom tea recipe

Post by IndelibleDotInk »

I too, am poking around with tea recipes, here is the most recent and simple:

-get kratom, you may have to start with 1.5-2x your regular dose, varies person to person
-ad a capful of lemon juice or a bit of citric acid, even apple cider vinegar
-pour a small amount of boiling water over powder, adjust for taste, amount of kratom, etc.
-stir a bit
-steep for 10-15min
-add sweetener or other flavor for taste (Ballz suggests mio, and I second the rec)

-at this point you can consume. drinking the sludge will get you more of the last bang outta the leaf, but some don't like it

-you may also freeze to make the infamous 'red bubble' tea. the liquid to ice tears up and mooshes the kratom powder and squeezes every last drop of those alkaloids out. at this point, you can add a dab of baking soda to balance the ph of the concoction and keep them alkaloids from being eaten up by acids.

-red bubble made me barf, so I learned to t&w and now wanna expand to simple tea for variety
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: ISO THE kratom tea recipe

Post by BallzDeep9 »

dust_ballet wrote: ↑Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:33 pm ...what you consider to be the end all be all kratom tea recipe / supplies / process. / strainers / teabags, etc / ideally a recipe that is suited to powdered as that allows the most variety but also ISO some quality loose leaf kratom vendors if y'all have got some
Use the Search Bar "Aeropress", long 5 pages with photos... Aeropress IS the end all be all, for personal Kratom Tea making. No other strainer device applies the High Pressure to extract alkaloids... definitely IF you plan on using kratom long-term it's worth the $30 cost. Makes great coffee too!

Here's a new Tip. I Make a Batch of strong Tea, using a blend of powder, Crushed Leaf, and a loose-leaf Green Tea. Pic below of a bulk Guayusa Tea from Amazon.. has a fantastic Orange smell and I also add a few chunks of orange peel. Add a packet of Crystal Light peach mango. This is KEY - look at ingredients. It's mostly... Citric Acid. Yes. Crystal Light, sugar free, gives all the Acid you need plus flavor!!

Again, READ the Aeropress thread all five pages lol... 8-) this is a STRONG Tea concentrate. Batch I make is 12+ grams kratom. Simmer for a good hour. Aeropress only holds like 10 ounce liquid, so makes just 1 Cup - I get 3 to 5 servings, to spike my Red Bubble - all depends how you want to consume. I like to drink "some" sludge, like Matcha Tea, for best effect I consome a small amount of sanitized dirt... Tea you're making Extract. Best advice with extract = Mix w/ small bit of regular plant material.

ALWAYS drink kratom as Liquid! MIX a nice potent Tea, spike w/ extract. Never eat raw kratom! Never "Toss n Wash" that's just dumb! :P
Image
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: ISO THE kratom tea recipe

Post by BallzDeep9 »

A few more Tea Tips:
  • Do a Second Wash on that 12 gram Tea Batch. Its weaker but I re-use my "puck" for a 2nd Time. Pic below.
  • Add 1+ Tsp ACV, Apple Cider Vinegar, along with Crystal Light Citric Acid. seems to extract more alkaloids?
  • Finish your Batch, with a pinch Baking Soda to raise pH! For storing cold in fridge, don't want it too acidic!
  • Herbal RVA now has a fresh re-stock, Split Kilo, mixed w/ Crushed Leaf! $70 - Low price on Split that is Imported leaf.
  • Tea Bags ? I see a vendor selling Tea Bags, just another dumb idea to make money. Good for making WEAK tea? lol :lol:
  • Strainers, Muslin cloth, cotton T-Shirt ? NO. A huge hassle compared to Aeropress! Nothing else gets High Pressure you need!
Image
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
daxodactyl
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:24 am

Re: ISO THE kratom tea recipe

Post by daxodactyl »

Here's the process I use that I've found to be the most simple:

Use the same amount of kratom you would normally take (for me, 2.5g), powder or crushed leaf.
Boil as much water as you want to drink.
Add kratom (you can add a little lemon juice if you want, but it's not necessary).
Cover and let simmer at a low boil for at least an hour (2+ is better).
Strain through a mesh tea basket to remove leaf (if you're using powder you can skip this step if you don't mind drinking the sludge).
Enjoy.

For me, I usually put a pot on when I get home from work and let it simmer through the evening until I'm ready to drink it. The steep time is long, but the effort is minimal.
coldshowersuperpower
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 11:55 am

Re: ISO THE kratom tea recipe

Post by coldshowersuperpower »

BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:19 pm A few more Tea Tips:
  • Do a Second Wash on that 12 gram Tea Batch. Its weaker but I re-use my "puck" for a 2nd Time. Pic below.
  • Add 1+ Tsp ACV, Apple Cider Vinegar, along with Crystal Light Citric Acid. seems to extract more alkaloids?
  • Finish your Batch, with a pinch Baking Soda to raise pH! For storing cold in fridge, don't want it too acidic!
  • Herbal RVA now has a fresh re-stock, Split Kilo, mixed w/ Crushed Leaf! $70 - Low price on Split that is Imported leaf.
  • Tea Bags ? I see a vendor selling Tea Bags, just another dumb idea to make money. Good for making WEAK tea? lol :lol:
  • Strainers, Muslin cloth, cotton T-Shirt ? NO. A huge hassle compared to Aeropress! Nothing else gets High Pressure you need!
Image
Aeropress is a very interesting idea. One thing that would yield even higher pressure is an espresso machine. I got inspired by this post and just tried it with my manual espresso maker. I can't judge the full effects yet (15 minutes in), but it already appears to be working better than teabags (I've been on a quest to stop consuming the powder for the past couple of days, so far, I can only report that brewing in teabags really doesn't seem to work)
coldshowersuperpower
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 11:55 am

Re: ISO THE kratom tea recipe

Post by coldshowersuperpower »

That brew didn't end up being even half decent in the end; I also realized, in subsequent attempts, that a bunch of the powder remains dry. I think kratom powder might be too fine for the espresso method, I'm guessing the density of powder ends up being so high that water doesn't flow through it uniformly but "finds" little channels instead. Though perhaps it'd work with a different espresso maker. Back to experimentation!
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: ISO THE kratom tea recipe

Post by BallzDeep9 »

coldshowersuperpower wrote: ↑Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:51 am I think kratom powder might be too fine for the espresso method, I'm guessing the density of powder ends up being so high that water doesn't flow through it uniformly ...
Yes. Correct. As you know, Aeropress is much less expensive than a espresso machine - But, same principal, I think ? A Bulk Material is needed, so that water flows through - I use 50-50 blend of kratom Powder and Crushed Leaf... I also use Loose Leaf Tea blend added to my kratom powder. Example: Tiesto Tea's Maui Mango Blend - has chunks of dried pineapple lol
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
coldshowersuperpower
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 11:55 am

Re: ISO THE kratom tea recipe

Post by coldshowersuperpower »

BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:30 pm
coldshowersuperpower wrote: ↑Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:51 am I think kratom powder might be too fine for the espresso method, I'm guessing the density of powder ends up being so high that water doesn't flow through it uniformly ...
Yes. Correct. As you know, Aeropress is much less expensive than a espresso machine - But, same principal, I think ? A Bulk Material is needed, so that water flows through - I use 50-50 blend of kratom Powder and Crushed Leaf... I also use Loose Leaf Tea blend added to my kratom powder. Example: Tiesto Tea's Maui Mango Blend - has chunks of dried pineapple lol
That makes sense, I will try this. Yeah, Aeropress works along the same principle, just less pressure (but it might actually be more appropriate for kratom since the powder is so fine)

Can you elaborate on when you add the acids and baking soda? Sounds like you add the ACV to water before pressing, is that right? And then do you add baking soda right after, or do you let the tea "steep" in the acids a bit?
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: ISO THE kratom tea recipe

Post by BallzDeep9 »

coldshowersuperpower wrote: ↑Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:23 am Can you elaborate on when you add the acids and baking soda? Sounds like you add the ACV to water before pressing, is that right? And then do you add baking soda right after, or do you let the tea "steep" in the acids a bit ?
Correct. For strong Tea, you want to simmer, "stew" the Tea a good 30+ minutes! An hour is fine. :P Simmer around 180º and stir now and then... again this is a mixture which may contain, Green Tea loose leaf, and fruit bits (Orange peel or pineapple bits,) and your Acid (could be, Lemon juice, ACV, or powder citric acid = Crystal Light packet!) - The Trick is to measure your water, allow for some to reduce, and have just enough to FILL that Aeropress - it's around 10 oz.

For this reason, I use a borosilicate glass Carafe inside a pan. The Carafe holds exactly 10 oz, and you can then DUMP into the Aeropress in 1 quick motion, with NO spills! Boom! - use the Search Bar I've posted previously with photo. Oh... Baking soda is an after thought, just add a pinch to your Tea while it sits and cools. Good luck!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
coldshowersuperpower
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 31, 2022 11:55 am

Re: ISO THE kratom tea recipe

Post by coldshowersuperpower »

BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:12 pm
coldshowersuperpower wrote: ↑Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:23 am Can you elaborate on when you add the acids and baking soda? Sounds like you add the ACV to water before pressing, is that right? And then do you add baking soda right after, or do you let the tea "steep" in the acids a bit ?
Correct. For strong Tea, you want to simmer, "stew" the Tea a good 30+ minutes! An hour is fine. :P Simmer around 180º and stir now and then... again this is a mixture which may contain, Green Tea loose leaf, and fruit bits (Orange peel or pineapple bits,) and your Acid (could be, Lemon juice, ACV, or powder citric acid = Crystal Light packet!) - The Trick is to measure your water, allow for some to reduce, and have just enough to FILL that Aeropress - it's around 10 oz.

For this reason, I use a borosilicate glass Carafe inside a pan. The Carafe holds exactly 10 oz, and you can then DUMP into the Aeropress in 1 quick motion, with NO spills! Boom! - use the Search Bar I've posted previously with photo. Oh... Baking soda is an after thought, just add a pinch to your Tea while it sits and cools. Good luck!
Thanks for all the details! I brewed my first batch yesterday, and had some last night and this morning. I had to modify the recipe since I don't have an Aeropress: I steeped it and then filtered via a french press, then further filtered via a drip coffee filter; otherwise, I followed the instructions. It's working much better than my previous attempts. Though it doesn't feel as "well-rounded" as having raw leaf. Perhaps not finishing via Aeropress is part of the reason.

But I'm curious if you find that the tea made in this way is identical or close to the effects of the raw leaf. I suppose it can't be fully equivalent since a "tea" is a form of an extract, and something will have to be left behind (I guess leaving some stuff behind is kind of the point, just a matter of how much of this stuff is "good" vs "bad")
Post Reply