I haven’t noticed memory differences but most definitely emotions. Crankiness or just feeling burnt/zombieish. What comes up must comes down so when your dopamine shoots up because of a substance it’s gonna crash at some point to some extent.Loveandpeace wrote: ↑Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:06 pm Clearly it impacts the bowels (pun intended) and maybe fucks with certain, already at risk people. Those with lower intestinal problems etc.. this is all obvious what I'm writing, though.
I feel like it fucks up my memory and emotions (lack of). Absolutely nothing physical and I bet everyone has that ONE thing. I know I overthink right into problems as well.
Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
-
oftheshire
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:58 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
-
berzerkt
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:57 am
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
I've been a regular partaker of Kratom since 2010. At about 20g a day for last few years at least.
I had blood/urine work done a couple months ago and all liver function markers were excellent. I do take NAC fairly regularly...more so if I've been drinking.
If it damages the liver, I'm sure I would've had some kind of issue by now.
I had blood/urine work done a couple months ago and all liver function markers were excellent. I do take NAC fairly regularly...more so if I've been drinking.
If it damages the liver, I'm sure I would've had some kind of issue by now.
-
marvelous
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:16 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
chiming in. regular user no issues with blood tests for years
-
whatiskratom
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:12 am
- Contact:
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
There have been no clinical tests to say either way. I've read a few articles that say it does but without clinical trials, no one can say for sure.
That being said, I'm VERY skeptical that it's harmful to the liver in moderate doses. I would think it would take a ton of abuse to cause liver damage.
Eating a healthy diet and getting your blood work done every 6 months is good advice for anyone.
That being said, I'm VERY skeptical that it's harmful to the liver in moderate doses. I would think it would take a ton of abuse to cause liver damage.
Eating a healthy diet and getting your blood work done every 6 months is good advice for anyone.
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
Take milk thistle with your kratom, milk thistle works wonders on your liver
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
The only alarming thing I ever read about kratom was hair loss. (Other than the crazy stories about DEATH from, was it, cardiac toxicity?
) Mind you, nothing has ever been studied..can be proven or disproven. But Until it is, I wouldn't discount the apocryphal. That's why we share our stories here.
- Lokey
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1263
- Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
- Location: South Florida
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
Another thing, most kratom users spent YEARS drinking and/or drugging or taking prescribed pharmaceuticals with known and unknown risks. So, if someone learns of liver damage during or after kratom, most likely the damage began much earlier.
-
oftheshire
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:58 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
boureka wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:41 pm The only alarming thing I ever read about kratom was hair loss. (Other than the crazy stories about DEATH from, was it, cardiac toxicity?![]()
) Mind you, nothing has ever been studied..can be proven or disproven. But Until it is, I wouldn't discount the apocryphal. That's why we share our stories here.
I’ve got good hair genes and have noticed receding hairline the last year. More than my dad. DERM said minor alopecia and thinning, not in my genes either but never know. I eat pretty well but am def vitamin deficient. I’ve heard several cases of hair loss from kratom, and though it’s hard to pin things on anything with so many factors in life, I wouldn’t doubt it. Taking anything daily has some sort of effect on some part of your mind or body.
-
oftheshire
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:58 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
That being said I’ve also read many times that when people stopped taking kratom the hair grew back. So maybe isn’t permanent, who knows
- Nelson Baboon
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:48 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
can't remember who it was, but someone told me that they suffered hair loss, and it turned out to be some kind of metal contamination from one of the bulk vendors. don't know how true that is, but i tend to doubt that 'clean' kratom causes hair loss. but of course, i'm not a doctor, though i play one on some web forums.oftheshire wrote: ↑Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:15 pmboureka wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:41 pm The only alarming thing I ever read about kratom was hair loss. (Other than the crazy stories about DEATH from, was it, cardiac toxicity?![]()
) Mind you, nothing has ever been studied..can be proven or disproven. But Until it is, I wouldn't discount the apocryphal. That's why we share our stories here.
I’ve got good hair genes and have noticed receding hairline the last year. More than my dad. DERM said minor alopecia and thinning, not in my genes either but never know. I eat pretty well but am def vitamin deficient. I’ve heard several cases of hair loss from kratom, and though it’s hard to pin things on anything with so many factors in life, I wouldn’t doubt it. Taking anything daily has some sort of effect on some part of your mind or body.
- Kelleytoons
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
I doubt that kratom use causes hair loss - obviously I only have my own anecdotal evidence, but as a very very old man I have a full head of thick hair (which kind of pisses me off as I hate going to the barber and I have to go every three weeks or I end up looking like a hippy - which was fine for my olden days but not now :>) and after years of kratom use I've not seen any change.
Men tend to worry about hair loss but I wouldn't - trust me, having a lot of hair even when you are old is no picnic. And nearly ALL your friends will go bald, so you won't stand out if you do (only *I* stand out. Sigh).
Men tend to worry about hair loss but I wouldn't - trust me, having a lot of hair even when you are old is no picnic. And nearly ALL your friends will go bald, so you won't stand out if you do (only *I* stand out. Sigh).
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
But Kelley...just because you haven't experienced this doesn't make it not so. There's simply too much anecdotal evidence of kratom and hair loss to be dismissed. I'm very interested as to whether the hair loss is due to metal contamination. This is definitely one argument for the upside of kratom regulation. I wonder how much of our kratom is subject to toxic metal testing. I mean, the hair loss could be from something else, but either way... NG.
- Nelson Baboon
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:48 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
is their any evidence that unadulterated kratom causes hair loss? I agree with your logic here - just because I haven't encountered this evidence doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, but all i can say is that the one person that i spoke to who had experienced this blamed it on adulterated product from one of the big bulk vendors.boureka wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:46 am But Kelley...just because you haven't experienced this doesn't make it not so. There's simply too much anecdotal evidence of kratom and hair loss to be dismissed. I'm very interested as to whether the hair loss is due to metal contamination. This is definitely one argument for the upside of kratom regulation. I wonder how much of our kratom is subject to toxic metal testing. I mean, the hair loss could be from something else, but either way... NG.
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
No idea. There's no research, of course. But likely kratom will be fully legal one day...and there will be gains and losses as it becomes merchandised by Big Kratom
(Hopefully we won't lose the @ma$ing variety all our small vendors have to offer). ...and maybe by then screening for toxins will be mandatory.
But as far as hair loss..is it kratom itself or an adulterant...who knows..
But as far as hair loss..is it kratom itself or an adulterant...who knows..
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
Maybe but almost all those reports are the 2% of the population that can't metabolism it in their li er and get like jaundicey
-
Nomilila
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:22 am
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
Bumping this. My doc actually recommended milk thistle.FartBlaster wrote: ↑Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:26 pm Take milk thistle with your kratom, milk thistle works wonders on your liver
-
MetalMamaRocks
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 740
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
Hair loss is definitely a thing. Over the years I've seen a lot of people complaining about it. For me it seems to be dose-dependant. When I was consuming 25 grams a day I was shedding quite a bit. When I cut back to 6g it stopped.boureka wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:46 am But Kelley...just because you haven't experienced this doesn't make it not so. There's simply too much anecdotal evidence of kratom and hair loss to be dismissed. I'm very interested as to whether the hair loss is due to metal contamination. This is definitely one argument for the upside of kratom regulation. I wonder how much of our kratom is subject to toxic metal testing. I mean, the hair loss could be from something else, but either way... NG.
Doesn't seem to affect everyone and yeah, would be really interesting to know if it's caused by metal contamination.
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
Wondering...MetalMamaRocks wrote: ↑Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:10 pmHair loss is definitely a thing. Over the years I've seen a lot of people complaining about it. For me it seems to be dose-dependant. When I was consuming 25 grams a day I was shedding quite a bit. When I cut back to 6g it stopped.boureka wrote: ↑Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:46 am But Kelley...just because you haven't experienced this doesn't make it not so. There's simply too much anecdotal evidence of kratom and hair loss to be dismissed. I'm very interested as to whether the hair loss is due to metal contamination. This is definitely one argument for the upside of kratom regulation. I wonder how much of our kratom is subject to toxic metal testing. I mean, the hair loss could be from something else, but either way... NG.
Doesn't seem to affect everyone and yeah, would be really interesting to know if it's caused by metal contamination.
Was your hair loss restored or did it just stop?
-
MetalMamaRocks
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 740
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
It was eventually restored but it took around 6 months. I also have a theory that taking a lot of powder can block the absorption of certain nutrients in our stomachs, so who knows, that could be what caused it? I wonder if tea drinkers notice the same side effects?
-
Jfish030
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 247
- Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:32 pm
- Contact:
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
Hair loss. There is a link between low testosterone and hair loss. Women have testosterone too by the way. Kratom is also know to lower testosterone in some. Could that be a possibility, probably. It seems almost random to who losses hair or not and its probably just as random as who's testosterone gets lower. Do we know if this hair loss effects women more then men? If so maybe women have less testosterone and if they lose any it leads to bad results.
-
MetalMamaRocks
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 740
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
Hmm, that's a good point jfish, it very well could be caused by low T.
- Joshgreenhorn
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 326
- Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:56 pm
- Location: Largo, FL
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
I have a friend who is a female kratom user and she has had hair problems in the past with it falling out. Sure enough, she had a test run at the doctor's and he told her she had low T. She got prescribed treatment and hasn't had issues since. So definitely a link there Jfish.Jfish030 wrote: ↑Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:25 pm Hair loss. There is a link between low testosterone and hair loss. Women have testosterone too by the way. Kratom is also know to lower testosterone in some. Could that be a possibility, probably. It seems almost random to who losses hair or not and its probably just as random as who's testosterone gets lower. Do we know if this hair loss effects women more then men? If so maybe women have less testosterone and if they lose any it leads to bad results.
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
Interesting because hair loss is associated with both high and low testosterone.
-
Jfish030
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 247
- Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:32 pm
- Contact:
Re: Is it true that kratom actually damages liver?
Doesnt even have to be Low T like someone else said. It could just be a dip (rise even, maybe) in levels even temporarily would probably trigger the body to do some weird stuff like hair loss.