Can you wash out without a complete break?
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Can you wash out without a complete break?
I am a kratom user of 6yrs or so.. 3 gms 3-4 times/day. No big surprise, I've hit a wall of very little response to my doses. I've set about to take breaks on multiple occasions but the most I'm able to do is cut back. For the past 12 days, I've been dosing about 5 gms/day over 3 doses. I'm so accustomed to and look forward to the ritual and use it to tamp down any anxiety and, frankly, just chill.My question is, is there a way to lower tolerance without a clean break and just by tamping down? Any advice would be appreciated.
-
MetalMamaRocks
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 740
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
I dose 2 grams 2 or 3 times a day, and when I want to reset my tolerance I'll cut out all doses except my evening dose. I have bad rls and find it really hard to cut out that last one. I'll do this for a couple of weeks and it brings my tolerance down. Even just a week helps.
- Kelleytoons
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
The other things to make sure:
1) You are rotating batches - don't use the same one more than once every three days (so you need AT LEAST four different batches and preferably more)
2) You are using at least three different vendors (same as above - while it's possible you can still get the same batch from different vendors it makes it far more unlikely)
3) You are dosing on an empty stomach AND empty bowels. Particularly the latter. If you haven't had a good BM every day then do what you need to make that happen. Kratom works on the receptors in the GI and with it plugged it there's no way for it to operate.
Your dose is most likely okay, but you can even cut it down - I've had good results even with 2 grams. And, yes, cutting down to one dose a day can work.
1) You are rotating batches - don't use the same one more than once every three days (so you need AT LEAST four different batches and preferably more)
2) You are using at least three different vendors (same as above - while it's possible you can still get the same batch from different vendors it makes it far more unlikely)
3) You are dosing on an empty stomach AND empty bowels. Particularly the latter. If you haven't had a good BM every day then do what you need to make that happen. Kratom works on the receptors in the GI and with it plugged it there's no way for it to operate.
Your dose is most likely okay, but you can even cut it down - I've had good results even with 2 grams. And, yes, cutting down to one dose a day can work.
-
terposton
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 218
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:23 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
I've been using Kratom nearly 8 years and what works for me is that I keep my doses low but more importantly is only dose during an 8 hour period during the day and then for 16 hours a break. For instance, if I take my first dose and 7am, I usually won't take my last dose later then around 3 or 4pm. I know that is hard for some because they use kratom for pain and need to take it in the evening but if I dose, even small dose all during my waking hours, it just doesn't work as well for me. You could try it for a week or so to see if that helps. Also drink lots of water during the day.
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
So I'm on day 13 of my gpd reduction (from 12-15 down to about 4-5) with no noticable changes. Wasn't really feeling the burn before so I'm feeling it no less now. I'd like to completely wash out taking a complete k break, but haven't the wherewithal to do that, my craving gets the better of me..
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Fri May 19, 2023 8:58 am The other things to make sure:
1) You are rotating batches - don't use the same one more than once every three days (so you need AT LEAST four different batches and preferably more)
2) You are using at least three different vendors (same as above - while it's possible you can still get the same batch from different vendors it makes it far more unlikely)
3) You are dosing on an empty stomach AND empty bowels. Particularly the latter. If you haven't had a good BM every day then do what you need to make that happen. Kratom works on the receptors in the GI and with it plugged it there's no way for it to operate.
Your dose is most likely okay, but you can even cut it down - I've had good results even with 2 grams. And, yes, cutting down to one dose a day can work.
I really don't think rotating batches would help taper down your dose, sticking to the same bag would be more of a consistent measure of how much your taking than switching bags for every dose, even taking the same bag you'd still have a variance of potency but switching to a bag that may be a lot stronger would be counter active imo.
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
I'm entering my third week of the taper. While I can manage lowering my dose way down, it's much harder to lower the number of doses/day. Do you think 5 gpd is the same whether it's divided into 3 doses or 1 or 2?
- PistolsAtDawn
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 331
- Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:08 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
I think it is not the same thing. Your tolerance is set by how much you normally have in your system at any given moment. The more space between doses, the more time your body has to flush it out. Kratom has a pretty long hang time in your system even after you aren't feeling it towards the end of a dose window.
When I taper or do a cold turkey break, it doesn't really catch up with me until a few days in when my chronic pain is then going fully unchecked. I think that's why it's harder to go longer between doses because we notice the absence more. I have a much easier time taking smaller, more frequent doses than say one large dose a day.
I typically try for 2x a day at around 2g, but sometimes I have to dose 3x. If I am going to take that midday dose, then I will lower it from whatever my previous dose was (since some of that morning dose is still in my system, just not as noticeable anymore).
But that's just my experience with kratom. Others probably experience it differently than this.
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
Very helpful responses. Thanks to everyone who answered my query. I am reducing both the size of the dose and the # of doses/day. Down to 1.75 g BID. It's not entirely easy and I appreciate the help I've received here!!
- PistolsAtDawn
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 331
- Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:08 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
You might try to take a gram of agmatine sulfate with your reduced dose. It should help temporarily boost the effects of the lower dose (and agmatine sulfate has its own mild but nice relaxing feeling). I would discontinue after your taper is over though because it can block some of kratom's effects (pain relief still seems to work for me).
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3627
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
One good trick involves your method of consumption... Switch over from powder to LIQUID ~ yes. Drink your dose! Turn your powder into a Tea, store 2 days' worth in fridge nice and cold.
When it's Tea, you can easily measure, add flavoring, sweetener... or "spike" with extract. OR - go the other way. Add some non kratom stuff, usually Caffeine ? Vitamins ? Liquid Cannabis syrup, or CBD.
The point being.. you're still "Doing a dose", drinking your Tea... except it might contain zero or little kratom !! But you still have something to consume... Powder T+W kratom gets into druggie behavior, the whole weird mess of spooning raw powder on your tongue. Learn the Red Bubble tek and plus it's more bioavailable so hits better too. And again, you can enjoy Extract cocktails...
Carefully measured of course!
When it's Tea, you can easily measure, add flavoring, sweetener... or "spike" with extract. OR - go the other way. Add some non kratom stuff, usually Caffeine ? Vitamins ? Liquid Cannabis syrup, or CBD.
The point being.. you're still "Doing a dose", drinking your Tea... except it might contain zero or little kratom !! But you still have something to consume... Powder T+W kratom gets into druggie behavior, the whole weird mess of spooning raw powder on your tongue. Learn the Red Bubble tek and plus it's more bioavailable so hits better too. And again, you can enjoy Extract cocktails...
Carefully measured of course!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
Interesting...T+W gets into druggie behavior... I definitely miss the ritual and have been using stem + vein to have my ceremony.BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Wed May 24, 2023 7:53 pm One good trick involves your method of consumption... Switch over from powder to LIQUID ~ yes. Drink your dose! Turn your powder into a Tea, store 2 days' worth in fridge nice and cold.![]()
When it's Tea, you can easily measure, add flavoring, sweetener... or "spike" with extract. OR - go the other way. Add some non kratom stuff, usually Caffeine ? Vitamins ? Liquid Cannabis syrup, or CBD.
The point being.. you're still "Doing a dose", drinking your Tea... except it might contain zero or little kratom !! But you still have something to consume... Powder T+W kratom gets into druggie behavior, the whole weird mess of spooning raw powder on your tongue. Learn the Red Bubble tek and plus it's more bioavailable so hits better too. And again, you can enjoy Extract cocktails...
Carefully measured of course!![]()
-
brian b
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 150
- Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:17 am
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
I just wanted to say that all the advice is grest here on this topic, but sadly still, kratom effects vary so much from person to person, its hard to pinpoint a solution for an individual. What else i find odd is people putting powder straight into their mouths. Kratim does not want to mix w water at all, but if you weigh your dose out, say 4-5 g, pour at least 10-12 ounces of water over it, and stir w a spoon, slightly crushing and pushing the powder against the cup, getting it to blend. Be patient, but in 2-3 min, powder will be fully dissolved. This is what i believed to be 'toss and wash', but after reading people's accounts of taking powder, i wonder if some are just swallowing the whole dose, dry, followed by some liquid. Some might refer to kratom and water as a tea, but i always think 'hot' when i think tea. I take 2 doses a day of powder and water, but have also found a full spectrum kratom tea to get me through in between doses. Its called Burakorn Kratom tea, made hot and steeped for 40 min, this tea from Thailand comes in a sachet ready to brew. Its leaf and stem and provides a more mild, but fuller spectrum kratom experience. And for $10 a bag, its def worth a try!
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
Yes T +W is tossing the powder into your mouth careful not to inhale any and washing it down with water. It's been my preferred method of consumption but ballzdeep made an eye-opening comment that has me second guessing it.brian b wrote: ↑Thu May 25, 2023 7:50 am I just wanted to say that all the advice is grest here on this topic, but sadly still, kratom effects vary so much from person to person, its hard to pinpoint a solution for an individual. What else i find odd is people putting powder straight into their mouths. Kratim does not want to mix w water at all, but if you weigh your dose out, say 4-5 g, pour at least 10-12 ounces of water over it, and stir w a spoon, slightly crushing and pushing the powder against the cup, getting it to blend. Be patient, but in 2-3 min, powder will be fully dissolved. This is what i believed to be 'toss and wash', but after reading people's accounts of taking powder, i wonder if some are just swallowing the whole dose, dry, followed by some liquid. Some might refer to kratom and water as a tea, but i always think 'hot' when i think tea. I take 2 doses a day of powder and water, but have also found a full spectrum kratom tea to get me through in between doses. Its called Burakorn Kratom tea, made hot and steeped for 40 min, this tea from Thailand comes in a sachet ready to brew. Its leaf and stem and provides a more mild, but fuller spectrum kratom experience. And for $10 a bag, its def worth a try!
- IjustFeltLikeRunnin’
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 264
- Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:07 am
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
I T&W, and I certainly don’t consider myself a “druggie”. I just absolutely cannot stand the taste of Kratom. I’ve tried tea and mixing with juices/drinks. But, Nope! cannot do it!
Been T&W’ing for 5 years now, keeping the same dosing schedule the whole time.
I “low dose” 3 days a week (when I’m working overnights) which keeps my tolerance in check.
Now….when you start snorting or main-lining Kratom……
Been T&W’ing for 5 years now, keeping the same dosing schedule the whole time.
I “low dose” 3 days a week (when I’m working overnights) which keeps my tolerance in check.
Now….when you start snorting or main-lining Kratom……
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
Because I like the leaf so much, I've come to like the taste. It's part of my ritual. Now kava, that's some seriously disgusting stuff. And kudos to the 3 days/week schedule. Oh that I could!IjustFeltLikeRunnin’ wrote: ↑Thu May 25, 2023 4:40 pm I T&W, and I certainly don’t consider myself a “druggie”. I just absolutely cannot stand the taste of Kratom. I’ve tried tea and mixing with juices/drinks. But, Nope! cannot do it!
Been T&W’ing for 5 years now, keeping the same dosing schedule the whole time.
I “low dose” 3 days a week (when I’m working overnights) which keeps my tolerance in check.
Now….when you start snorting or main-lining Kratom……
- Transformato
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:03 am
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
boureka wrote: ↑Thu May 18, 2023 10:41 pm I am a kratom user of 6yrs or so.. 3 gms 3-4 times/day. No big surprise, I've hit a wall of very little response to my doses. I've set about to take breaks on multiple occasions but the most I'm able to do is cut back. For the past 12 days, I've been dosing about 5 gms/day over 3 doses. I'm so accustomed to and look forward to the ritual and use it to tamp down any anxiety and, frankly, just chill.My question is, is there a way to lower tolerance without a clean break and just by tamping down? Any advice would be appreciated.
Sounds like we've been using for about the same span of time. Is anything really ever just one thing that worked? It's one Major thing. The rest fell into place or was already there. Here are a couple of High Grattitude discoveries I've made since I started with kratom. You'll find yours and I think something here will help you do that.
- how I accidentally landed on my "target dose" - defined as: lowest consistently effective dose. The one we'd land on and be happy with if coming up from too low when first starting. (new bee's take note) It's magical in way of sidestepping perceivable tolerance. The way different varieties effect you- still change. It appears that frequency of exposure is part of that equation but a minor issue all considered. Since I blend every one, I kinda know which ones are right for the time as you would know. I didn't know it would keep being good year after year when I found it and right now- 6 years later, I'm having more "fall flat's" than usual but each time I start thinking I need to re-set, that phase ends and I'm back in the saddle. Physical condition and health factor in a lot. I might have a challenge brewing right now.
Back on track.. This was a big big surprise and I can only hope this happens for you too. Details matter. I intended on taking the coming weekend off from kratom so on Wed. (some Wed. six years ago), I was only using 2.85g but I'm a hyper responder and that was the latest ratchet up. Less than half my doses were good and most were murky or I was real cranky. i.e. too much. at 2.85 did I really NEED to "taper"? Course not. But if I can spoil m'self I'll do it. This is Fortunate. I did however OPTIMIZE a certain way. I've mentioned "saw tooth taper" before. There could be friction since you use for anxiety. Plan on being anxious part of the time & make peace with it.
The Math (kind of): Knock out alternate doses without moving them closer together unless it would cause a missed one. (sacrifiice, not liability) You'll appreciate the next one more, which will be less than the one prior. Follow? Take out alternates. Reduce each by 20%. THIS is how I did it so understand I did not know I was Not going to take the break but that's how it went. Maybe you need to think you're going to take a break. That's some mind fuckery there but try it or come up with your own.
Adjust if necessary but don't make it too easy bc this is spoilage and you know it. (it's how i talk to myself so.. )
I was HA PPY when I hit 1.75 & had the best burn I'd had - Ever. Hey, YOUR target is Your own number so I don't recommend numbers. Forget my number.
Six Years of this. No not X tatic doses but it working as well as I expect give or take a bit and it still keeps going and going with those 3 day flat patches that happen on occasion, a random flat now & then & a wrong choice of variety for the occasion sometimes. Damn good. Choice of variety is important sometimes.
Much larger doses haven't been good when tried. Now over time something changed. I can't use much more. I don't mind being locked in - low but it's weird that I did great using a half gram more than what I'm doing now long ago but doing it now would be unpleasant.
Important doses that fall flat - then what? In this situation- great solve... That is served by overlapping a dose with a smaller boost using different selections ~2hrs into a failed one. (about 70% of usual has been best for me when doing this- or more) It works for me over 90% of the time and for years it never failed. This is my version of taking more. I just throw that in, in case it proves useful. I do that only as needed which might be 3 X in a week. so Im writing a long one. sorry.
So what could be learned? Finding target in reverse might not be just a matter of tapering and hoping to hit it. Apparently that isn't very common but it happens. Optimize...
A minor shock to your system is what I think makes the difference. (you're STILL spoiling yourself so maintain perspective)
I think the spacing between doses helped accelerate desensitization enough to let me catch that target when I landed on it.
More ideas...
Other herbals factor in too but just discoverd this gem, this year... . Bacopa whole plant extract (it's 10x more foul on the tongue than kratom- truth. Worse than Tong Kat. It's the "tough maker" fer real. Ok, buy caps then or make them). This has been an amazing "restorer of experience" & a great stress tonic as well. Other herbs are improved by it too. Like Tongkat Ali. However, they all are unpleasant to me anywhere near the recommended dose but that's me- and I'm sure someone else too. Consider - recommended dose??? HOW do they Know You So Well? They don't. It's a requirement. It keeps everyone incompetent & cheats people out of discovering a more tolerable life. It it's good for you then great.
So bacopa has kicked in right now and I'm feeling great- assuming it's the kratom - re enabled. Based on how much text I'm seeing- it's the combination. Other thing is if I don't eat enough - kratom won't help much.
I stopped for a week when in the hospital last spring. It really didn't make much difference to me on the restart so I think that says something about the TD! It's what you want to be using. Since I have different targets way of effects / benefits, I steer that with what I use to blend and with the ratios. I don't worry about how much usually. I'm conditioned to keep around the same amount. Going beyond a thenth of a gram margin, it's actually less favorable for me.
Damn fine wall of text. I hope it gives you and somebody else a game changer idea.
- Transformato
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 229
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:03 am
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
Did you say 10. a bag? Tell me you don't mean per tea bag.brian b wrote: ↑Thu May 25, 2023 7:50 am I just wanted to say that all the advice is grest here on this topic, but sadly still, kratom effects vary so much from person to person, its hard to pinpoint a solution for an individual. What else i find odd is people putting powder straight into their mouths. Kratim does not want to mix w water at all, but if you weigh your dose out, say 4-5 g, pour at least 10-12 ounces of water over it, and stir w a spoon, slightly crushing and pushing the powder against the cup, getting it to blend. Be patient, but in 2-3 min, powder will be fully dissolved. This is what i believed to be 'toss and wash', but after reading people's accounts of taking powder, i wonder if some are just swallowing the whole dose, dry, followed by some liquid. Some might refer to kratom and water as a tea, but i always think 'hot' when i think tea. I take 2 doses a day of powder and water, but have also found a full spectrum kratom tea to get me through in between doses. Its called Burakorn Kratom tea, made hot and steeped for 40 min, this tea from Thailand comes in a sachet ready to brew. Its leaf and stem and provides a more mild, but fuller spectrum kratom experience. And for $10 a bag, its def worth a try!
If you use warm liquid- it's done! I start with a pool of hot coffee usually,.. the powder sinks right in instead of floating on top. You don't have to mash clumps. I used to too. Just swirl it up from the bottom. You could use very warm water or anything else.
Herbals are administered in hot or warm water usually and have been for more than hundreds of years. Gets into thousands I do believe. Long time. Good reason. And reason is what guided people more then than it does today.
More than superstition did best I can tell. Myth is principle, not fiction. Not what most ppl say. That guided people at one time too. (Im kina depressed about society right now) Alkaloids are leaching into warm water before you even pick it up.
- Kelleytoons
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
Rather than quote that "wall" (LOL) I have a few questions/observations:
Bacopa whole plant extract - what dose? I see I can get it in capsules at about half a gram (500 mg). I know dosages vary greatly by individual, but I'd just be curious as to what you used to get any benefits before I even order some.
You say "if I don't eat enough kratom won't help much". Really? I find it works best on an empty stomach (one reason I think that most folks best dose is at the start of the day, after their long fast). Are you saying "eat enough" like in just for the whole day (like you are trying to lose weight) or very specifically you need food on your stomach (like eating right beforehand)? We know a few things about kratom for sure and one is they work best on an empty bowel because the receptors are located in the GI. So it would make sense NOT to eat to get food in the way of those GI receptors. But if you're just saying, in general, that if you don't eat enough food to get a BM then the kratom doesn't work that makes a lot more sense.
One thing you wrote that resonates with me is that "failed" dose that then, a few hours later, you chase it with something in an effort to get *some* effect. I did that last night and it seemed to work - perhaps even too well (I took some TFH red after a LONG day at the hospital with my wife, and an hour later when I had had zero benefits I tried another gram. The total of which was to almost completely knock me out the rest of the night. This was a pretty unusual occurrence for me as the only time I ever split doses like this is on purpose for my "booster" dose - take 2/3 your dose and 30 minutes later the other third. In this case I was already at my max (3 grams - never exceed that and usually far less) and nothing happened until I added that extra gram an hour later.
I still think, on a whole, the experience of using kratom is a bit like the old alchemists in that we have *some* sort of shared knowledge, but half of it is just conjecture and the other half is either wistful thinking or wrongheaded ideas. We sure end up with about the same kinds of "magic discoveries" as those old folks did (they came across quite a few remarkable things in their completely unscientific approach to "science").
Bacopa whole plant extract - what dose? I see I can get it in capsules at about half a gram (500 mg). I know dosages vary greatly by individual, but I'd just be curious as to what you used to get any benefits before I even order some.
You say "if I don't eat enough kratom won't help much". Really? I find it works best on an empty stomach (one reason I think that most folks best dose is at the start of the day, after their long fast). Are you saying "eat enough" like in just for the whole day (like you are trying to lose weight) or very specifically you need food on your stomach (like eating right beforehand)? We know a few things about kratom for sure and one is they work best on an empty bowel because the receptors are located in the GI. So it would make sense NOT to eat to get food in the way of those GI receptors. But if you're just saying, in general, that if you don't eat enough food to get a BM then the kratom doesn't work that makes a lot more sense.
One thing you wrote that resonates with me is that "failed" dose that then, a few hours later, you chase it with something in an effort to get *some* effect. I did that last night and it seemed to work - perhaps even too well (I took some TFH red after a LONG day at the hospital with my wife, and an hour later when I had had zero benefits I tried another gram. The total of which was to almost completely knock me out the rest of the night. This was a pretty unusual occurrence for me as the only time I ever split doses like this is on purpose for my "booster" dose - take 2/3 your dose and 30 minutes later the other third. In this case I was already at my max (3 grams - never exceed that and usually far less) and nothing happened until I added that extra gram an hour later.
I still think, on a whole, the experience of using kratom is a bit like the old alchemists in that we have *some* sort of shared knowledge, but half of it is just conjecture and the other half is either wistful thinking or wrongheaded ideas. We sure end up with about the same kinds of "magic discoveries" as those old folks did (they came across quite a few remarkable things in their completely unscientific approach to "science").
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
"The Math (kind of): Knock out alternate doses without moving them closer together unless it would cause a missed one. (sacrifiice, not liability) You'll appreciate the next one more, which will be less than the one prior. Follow? Take out alternates. Reduce each by 20%. THIS is how I did it so understand I did not know I was Not going to take the break but that's how it went. Maybe you need to think you're going to take a break"
Could you further explain? I think it got lost in the weeds!
Thanks so much for sharing wisdom and expertise.
Could you further explain? I think it got lost in the weeds!
Thanks so much for sharing wisdom and expertise.
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
Xxxxx
Last edited by boureka on Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
I got some bacopa in the mail today and am raring to go. Anyone know if it's taken with or apart from kratom or if it doesn't matter? I'm excited to try.Transformato wrote: ↑Sat May 27, 2023 12:36 amboureka wrote: ↑Thu May 18, 2023 10:41 pm I am a kratom user of 6yrs or so.. 3 gms 3-4 times/day. No big surprise, I've hit a wall of very little response to my doses. I've set about to take breaks on multiple occasions but the most I'm able to do is cut back. For the past 12 days, I've been dosing about 5 gms/day over 3 doses. I'm so accustomed to and look forward to the ritual and use it to tamp down any anxiety and, frankly, just chill.My question is, is there a way to lower tolerance without a clean break and just by tamping down? Any advice would be appreciated.
Sounds like we've been using for about the same span of time. Is anything really ever just one thing that worked? It's one Major thing. The rest fell into place or was already there. Here are a couple of High Grattitude discoveries I've made since I started with kratom. You'll find yours and I think something here will help you do that.
- how I accidentally landed on my "target dose" - defined as: lowest consistently effective dose. The one we'd land on and be happy with if coming up from too low when first starting. (new bee's take note) It's magical in way of sidestepping perceivable tolerance. The way different varieties effect you- still change. It appears that frequency of exposure is part of that equation but a minor issue all considered. Since I blend every one, I kinda know which ones are right for the time as you would know. I didn't know it would keep being good year after year when I found it and right now- 6 years later, I'm having more "fall flat's" than usual but each time I start thinking I need to re-set, that phase ends and I'm back in the saddle. Physical condition and health factor in a lot. I might have a challenge brewing right now.
Back on track.. This was a big big surprise and I can only hope this happens for you too. Details matter. I intended on taking the coming weekend off from kratom so on Wed. (some Wed. six years ago), I was only using 2.85g but I'm a hyper responder and that was the latest ratchet up. Less than half my doses were good and most were murky or I was real cranky. i.e. too much. at 2.85 did I really NEED to "taper"? Course not. But if I can spoil m'self I'll do it. This is Fortunate. I did however OPTIMIZE a certain way. I've mentioned "saw tooth taper" before. There could be friction since you use for anxiety. Plan on being anxious part of the time & make peace with it.
The Math (kind of): Knock out alternate doses without moving them closer together unless it would cause a missed one. (sacrifiice, not liability) You'll appreciate the next one more, which will be less than the one prior. Follow? Take out alternates. Reduce each by 20%. THIS is how I did it so understand I did not know I was Not going to take the break but that's how it went. Maybe you need to think you're going to take a break. That's some mind fuckery there but try it or come up with your own.
Adjust if necessary but don't make it too easy bc this is spoilage and you know it. (it's how i talk to myself so.. )
I was HA PPY when I hit 1.75 & had the best burn I'd had - Ever. Hey, YOUR target is Your own number so I don't recommend numbers. Forget my number.
Six Years of this. No not X tatic doses but it working as well as I expect give or take a bit and it still keeps going and going with those 3 day flat patches that happen on occasion, a random flat now & then & a wrong choice of variety for the occasion sometimes. Damn good. Choice of variety is important sometimes.
Much larger doses haven't been good when tried. Now over time something changed. I can't use much more. I don't mind being locked in - low but it's weird that I did great using a half gram more than what I'm doing now long ago but doing it now would be unpleasant.
Important doses that fall flat - then what? In this situation- great solve... That is served by overlapping a dose with a smaller boost using different selections ~2hrs into a failed one. (about 70% of usual has been best for me when doing this- or more) It works for me over 90% of the time and for years it never failed. This is my version of taking more. I just throw that in, in case it proves useful. I do that only as needed which might be 3 X in a week. so Im writing a long one. sorry.
So what could be learned? Finding target in reverse might not be just a matter of tapering and hoping to hit it. Apparently that isn't very common but it happens. Optimize...
A minor shock to your system is what I think makes the difference. (you're STILL spoiling yourself so maintain perspective)
I think the spacing between doses helped accelerate desensitization enough to let me catch that target when I landed on it.
More ideas...
Other herbals factor in too but just discoverd this gem, this year... . Bacopa whole plant extract (it's 10x more foul on the tongue than kratom- truth. Worse than Tong Kat. It's the "tough maker" fer real. Ok, buy caps then or make them). This has been an amazing "restorer of experience" & a great stress tonic as well. Other herbs are improved by it too. Like Tongkat Ali. However, they all are unpleasant to me anywhere near the recommended dose but that's me- and I'm sure someone else too. Consider - recommended dose??? HOW do they Know You So Well? They don't. It's a requirement. It keeps everyone incompetent & cheats people out of discovering a more tolerable life. It it's good for you then great.
So bacopa has kicked in right now and I'm feeling great- assuming it's the kratom - re enabled. Based on how much text I'm seeing- it's the combination. Other thing is if I don't eat enough - kratom won't help much.
I stopped for a week when in the hospital last spring. It really didn't make much difference to me on the restart so I think that says something about the TD! It's what you want to be using. Since I have different targets way of effects / benefits, I steer that with what I use to blend and with the ratios. I don't worry about how much usually. I'm conditioned to keep around the same amount. Going beyond a thenth of a gram margin, it's actually less favorable for me.
Damn fine wall of text. I hope it gives you and somebody else a game changer idea.
Also I've been taking 2 capsules of black seed oil before bed altho I can't say if it's making a difference.
The good news is I've got my dosage down to almost half of what it was and my number of doses/day down from 4-5 times/day to 2-3. AND I'm getting responses from about half my doses which is a lot better than before my tolerance taper. Cheers!
-
Eu4oric906
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 312
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:16 pm
- Location: Upper Michigan
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
Quality read, this thread. Sure do appreciate all the well intentioned and vetted suggestions. I need to experiment with the tea concoctions. I like tea, drink tea especially living up north, but just kind of roll w it mixed in low sugar OJ. 
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
Yes this thread has been incredibly helpful to me. One of the take-home messages is that in the end,everyone creates their own taper or washout method. Take a little advice from this one and that one and make it your own. I've inspired my husband to do the same and he's tapering much more gradually than I did. He's shocked that with the taper he's getting better results than before he started! I'm grateful to everyone who posted here.Eu4oric906 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:49 pm Quality read, this thread. Sure do appreciate all the well intentioned and vetted suggestions. I need to experiment with the tea concoctions. I like tea, drink tea especially living up north, but just kind of roll w it mixed in low sugar OJ.![]()
-
Eu4oric906
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 312
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:16 pm
- Location: Upper Michigan
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
Exactly. Great to hear your husband is having such excellent results as well. This forum has been very good to me since I stumbled upon it not all that long ago. Its taught me plenty and still much to take in. Im here for it.
- Nelson Baboon
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:48 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
I've never heard the bit about not dosing when constipated. that's interesting. I will definitely monitor that as i try to analyze why kratom works so much better some times than others.Kelleytoons wrote: ↑Fri May 19, 2023 8:58 am The other things to make sure:
1) You are rotating batches - don't use the same one more than once every three days (so you need AT LEAST four different batches and preferably more)
2) You are using at least three different vendors (same as above - while it's possible you can still get the same batch from different vendors it makes it far more unlikely)
3) You are dosing on an empty stomach AND empty bowels. Particularly the latter. If you haven't had a good BM every day then do what you need to make that happen. Kratom works on the receptors in the GI and with it plugged it there's no way for it to operate.
Your dose is most likely okay, but you can even cut it down - I've had good results even with 2 grams. And, yes, cutting down to one dose a day can work.
- Kelleytoons
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1828
- Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
I believe it was Mr. B here who brought this up - apparently the GI track is where the magic stuff in kratom is processed, and without a clean path it can't process well.
So, yes, make sure you are regular, whatever that means personally for you.
So, yes, make sure you are regular, whatever that means personally for you.
- boureka
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 405
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm
Re: Can you wash out without a complete break?
What extracts do you recommend? And how do you measure the pinch you add (on occasion!) to your dose?BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Wed May 24, 2023 7:53 pm One good trick involves your method of consumption... Switch over from powder to LIQUID ~ yes. Drink your dose! Turn your powder into a Tea, store 2 days' worth in fridge nice and cold.![]()
When it's Tea, you can easily measure, add flavoring, sweetener... or "spike" with extract. OR - go the other way. Add some non kratom stuff, usually Caffeine ? Vitamins ? Liquid Cannabis syrup, or CBD.
The point being.. you're still "Doing a dose", drinking your Tea... except it might contain zero or little kratom !! But you still have something to consume... Powder T+W kratom gets into druggie behavior, the whole weird mess of spooning raw powder on your tongue. Learn the Red Bubble tek and plus it's more bioavailable so hits better too. And again, you can enjoy Extract cocktails...
Carefully measured of course!![]()