Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Valikth
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:31 am

Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by Valikth »

:shock: im so sorry ya'll. This might not be something you want to think about??

But i saw someone post that....:
if your bowel isnt empty...you wont feel kratom???

I swear i dont feel 70% or more lately...

But im also constipated a lot. I didn't expect that would really effect whether or not i feel my dose of kratom.

I know im dosing good quality stuff. I bought it from someone here. Private vendor samples.

So is it because my bowels arent empty? I sometimes cant go..for days?
So... Do you guys agree with that statement? Have u experienced that? Or..no?

He said the opioid effect comes from the digestion in the intestines. Something along those lines. I know im not saying it the way he did but it was something like that???
User avatar
IndelibleDotInk
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3358
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by IndelibleDotInk »

Some would recommend magnesium citrate, not the hard tablet type. Helps you go, helps absorbtion.
User avatar
boureka
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by boureka »

The burn doesn't come from the receptors in the intestines. It comes from the receptors in the brain. The receptors in the intestine , however reduce gut motility and make you constipated. Do what you need to do for that. Hydrate (which helps the kràtom hit better imo), take magnesium, take some laxatives...whatever you need to do. But it DOES seem that an empty stomach and gut is associated with a better burn. You absorb better. Your kratom might not be hitting for a number of reasons .... hard to say ... But start there. Feel better!
User avatar
OriginalLHB
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:22 am
Location: The Republic of Texas

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by OriginalLHB »

I got into the habit of taking Milk of Magnesia every night during my pain meds days, and I know you're not supposed to use laxatives on a regular basis, but it's too late for that now. At any rate, it works better than anything except Dulcolax, which produces a violent bowel voiding experience.

I love that Natural Calm Magnesium Carbonate in Raspberry Lemon flavor, but mainly because it is a good potentiator and tastes good. If you take a bunch of Magnesium Citrate or Carbonate it will help you stay regular, but when you absolutely, positively have to go overnight, it's Milk of Magnesia FTW.
User avatar
boureka
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by boureka »

OriginalLHB wrote: ↑Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:17 pm


... but when you absolutely, positively have to go overnight, it's Milk of Magnesia FTW.
Now there's a sentence you don't hear every day :lol: :lol:
Valikth
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:31 am

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by Valikth »

OriginalLHB wrote: ↑Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:17 pm I got into the habit of taking Milk of Magnesia every night during my pain meds days, and I know you're not supposed to use laxatives on a regular basis, but it's too late for that now. At any rate, it works better than anything except Dulcolax, which produces a violent bowel voiding experience.

I love that Natural Calm Magnesium Carbonate in Raspberry Lemon flavor, but mainly because it is a good potentiator and tastes good. If you take a bunch of Magnesium Citrate or Carbonate it will help you stay regular, but when you absolutely, positively have to go overnight, it's Milk of Magnesia FTW.
Ive been hospitalized a lot and was on dilaudid. Fentanyl. Morphine. Oxy. Hydro..etc ..they always give me miralax. Which im taking now. Ive tried two kinds of stool softener (pills) and also. Benefiber. And metamucil gummies. Not all at once...And lets see. mag. Glycinate...and mag malate..depends if its nite or day...
Also... . Kefir. Kombutcha...lots of coffee.that usually has a laxative effect since i dont drink it daily..still. .nothing helps i still dont go for days n when i do. Its not much. And tiny hard pellets

My mom cant go either ...shes just old. Maybe a med side effect but shes Not on pain meds or kratom. Or anything She takes milk of mag every few days...and it works for her.... and i just wasnt really wanting to try that. I may have to?
Thank you for listening and the advice
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by Kelleytoons »

Old ain't it - I'm older than your mom (and the hills) and I have had a regular BM since, well, since before all of you were born.

Fiber is important - if you aren't eating enough fruits and veggies (and I don't) make sure you supplement with something like Benefiber (and a LOT). And, yes, hydrate as well as take magnesium (but a LOT - I take two 400mg capsules a day). And it may sound weird but also make sure you are eating enough - even on a diet I make sure I get the right number of calories. Food moves the train, though, so if you skip meals you are setting yourself up for failure.

The few times I've been constipated during my kratom journey things did NOT hit properly (but that may have been other causes as well, since my doses were WAY over 2-3 grams and that's NOT a Good Thing). But keeping regular is good for a whole lot of things, so if you are young (say under 40) make sure you get into the habit so it won't bother you later in life.
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by Lokey »

Guess I'm lucky psyllium husk works for me with at least a double dose of magnesium citrate. We buy the Metamucil cookies on Amazon and I also bake homemade ones with pure psyllium husks, and I add flax or oats and raisins. NatureMade magnesium citrate gummies taste great, best price is Walmart, and if I run out take the big capsules. I drink coffee or Chai tea with half and half when I wake up after my first dose (1 oblate) then take another oblate after I go usually. When I slack off it makes a difference but also it's easy to overdo the mag so then skip a couple days. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies but also junk.
Purrpgodd Peebles
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue May 30, 2023 2:10 pm

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by Purrpgodd Peebles »

Lol weird thing to think about :)
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by herbalhippie »

Purrpgodd Peebles wrote: ↑Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:34 pm Lol weird thing to think about :)
Why is that? Constipation is a well known unpleasant side effect of using kratom.
Purrpgodd Peebles
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue May 30, 2023 2:10 pm

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by Purrpgodd Peebles »

Oh lol I was more or so talking about the thought of you having less bowels to how the kratom is hitting kicking or burning lol I mean I agree with everything posted it's just a little weird to me that's all :) definently something to look further into tho because I toss and wash majority of the time :)
User avatar
Nelson Baboon
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:48 pm

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by Nelson Baboon »

Obviously i can't comment on whether constipation affects whether some users don't experience kratom as well. All i can say is that i am skeptical. I don't find any correlation at all.

now, what i'd love to hear is (probably only from older users like myself) - any one found any way of helping enlarged prostate symptoms with kratom? I so wish that it would help, but i don't find any beneficial effects there at all. Sorry for the off topic comment.
Lemonlime
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:01 pm

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by Lemonlime »

I'll be honest, I've wondered the same thing before. Lol!

For your stomach issues, try Magnesium Citrate capsules. I promise, you'll never have to worry about it again. Obviously, drink more water, exercise and all that too.

Pick these up. I recommend these because it's the most efficient amount per capsule. You get all 400mg in one cap, instead of having to take 2 or even 4 at a time like most of the other brands with 100-200mg per capsule.

One of these every morning and my poops are a lot more regular and MUCH easier to pass.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KY6NH9A/
User avatar
IndelibleDotInk
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3358
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by IndelibleDotInk »

I don't have constipation. Magnesium citrate is reputed to increase kratom effects.

If you get it, don't get big, hard tablets. I have a whole bottle of them and they don't do anything. Perhaps I could crush them into a powder. Purchasing capsules would be my recommendation.

A friend gave me a tub of it in a crystal powder form marketed as a cleanse (not specifically a laxative) which is a raspberry-lemon flavor. It's a little fizzy and pleasant, but I have not used it yet, other than tasting it.
User avatar
boureka
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by boureka »

IndelibleDotInk wrote: ↑Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:35 pm I don't have constipation. Magnesium citrate is reputed to increase kratom effects.

If you get it, don't get big, hard tablets. I have a whole bottle of them and they don't do anything. Perhaps I could crush them into a powder. Purchasing capsules would be my recommendation.

A friend gave me a tub of it in a crystal powder form marketed as a cleanse (not specifically a laxative) which is a raspberry-lemon flavor. It's a little fizzy and pleasant, but I have not used it yet, other than tasting it.
Sounds like a product called Calm. I've taken it to help with sleep
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by Lokey »

I bought a whole bunch of something called Nuvia that is like that in powder form, mag citrate with lemon Balm and L-theanine, and in addition to gummies have capsules, they're very big.
User avatar
Burninator
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:30 am

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by Burninator »

Lemonlime wrote: ↑Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:14 pm I'll be honest, I've wondered the same thing before. Lol!

For your stomach issues, try Magnesium Citrate capsules. I promise, you'll never have to worry about it again. Obviously, drink more water, exercise and all that too.

Pick these up. I recommend these because it's the most efficient amount per capsule. You get all 400mg in one cap, instead of having to take 2 or even 4 at a time like most of the other brands with 100-200mg per capsule.

One of these every morning and my poops are a lot more regular and MUCH easier to pass.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KY6NH9A/
Can you tell me why magnesium citrate in particular is so important? I have a full bottle of 500mg magnesium oxide but I’ve never tried it. How much less effective will that be?
User avatar
boureka
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by boureka »

It's absorbed better. That's about it. So maybe you'd need to take more of the mg oxide.
User avatar
Burninator
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:30 am

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by Burninator »

Ok thanks. A single pill is 500 so I guess that’s a good place to start
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: Problems "going"..does it prevent kratom hitting?

Post by Kelleytoons »

I take 800 mg daily. That seems enough.

BUT (and it's a big butt - wait. Okay, but that's not the point): make sure you take gel capsules and NOT solid compressed ones. Magnesium in particular isn't well absorbed and doesn't break down and a lot of times those pills just pass straight through (ugh). So liquid gels are the key.
Post Reply