KRATOM Distro being sued

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Locked
Mimi
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:43 am

KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by Mimi »

See the attached article. Is this the same KRATOM Distro im thinking of

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/ ... 0a9vPtkaiE
User avatar
boureka
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by boureka »

Couldn't open this link without a subscription but I read the first few lines. She died of space dust.
What is SPACE DUST? And then blame kratom.I have a sense it's like calling weed angel dust. So what if you put some nasty crap on powdered parsley. Do you go after the green markets? Parsley kills!
Who is the distributor?
dantheleafman
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 31, 2023 1:23 am

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by dantheleafman »

I got so pissed off at this article I wrote a Letter to the Editor. "Acute mytraginine intoxication"? Where the fuck did this coroner go to school? I don't even really disagree with what happened to the vendor. Total irresponsible action to not label, warn, offer labs, and God only knows what the extractor or shithead vendor put in this "kratom." Probably doesn't even remotely resemble kratom's chemical composition anymore. Just some adulterated quasi mytraginine extraction. THE MIAMI HERALD BLAMES THE PLANT. Makes no distinction. Irresponsible journalism at its worst! If it is Kratom Distro I hope they go out of business! Wait to you see how this shit was packaged.
Last edited by dantheleafman on Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dantheleafman
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 31, 2023 1:23 am

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by dantheleafman »

boureka wrote: ↑Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:10 pm Couldn't open this link without a subscription but I read the first few lines. She died of space dust.
What is SPACE DUST? And then blame kratom.I have a sense it's like calling weed angel dust. So what if you put some nasty crap on powdered parsley. Do you go after the green markets? Parsley kills!
Who is the distributor?
Search it on Yahoo. You can read it there: https://news.yahoo.com/mom-4-died-using ... tml?bcmt=1
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by Kelleytoons »

If this is from the Miami paper doesn't surprise me - might even be that Florida gal who is pushing to get kratom banned here (because her son died... of taking LOTS OF OTHER DRUGS).

While I'm fairly sure I won't live long enough to see another push to get it illegal, I'm ready to visit the legislature in Tallahassee (a couple of hours drive for me but it's an easy one and well worth it). I will make fools of anyone trying (my move - assuming they will let me speak and they usually do - is to bring out a ton of kratom and ask them how much they want me to take to kill me, and that I'll be back the next day to show it's harmless).
User avatar
boureka
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by boureka »

Kelleytoons, you'd be the perfect person to do just that!
User avatar
Lokey
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1263
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by Lokey »

I was in a FB group when KD came in and became very popular for their prices and people loved their powder. When they came out with Spacedust extract everyone said only take a little because it's very strong. I feel bad for the owner who seemed like a good guy. I always have doubts that it was only mit in a person's system when something bad like this happens.

The first time I clicked I got the pop up but 2nd time it worked. She lived near me. I was able to read it and don't believe it, the article said mit causes respiratory failure like opioids which is false and has links to more info about kratom which I'm sure is false also. :oops:

She worked for a hospital in hospice care so had easy access to other stuff!
User avatar
Kelleytoons
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by Kelleytoons »

boureka wrote: ↑Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:29 pm Kelleytoons, you'd be the perfect person to do just that!
Better perhaps than you know (My degree is in Speech/Theater Arts and I've performed and spoken in front of groups and on TV so many times I've lost count). I would be a formidable opponent (I'm VERY persuasive in person).
dantheleafman
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 31, 2023 1:23 am

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by dantheleafman »

Lokey wrote: ↑Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:08 pm I was in a FB group when KD came in and became very popular for their prices and people loved their powder. When they came out with Spacedust extract everyone said only take a little because it's very strong. I feel bad for the owner who seemed like a good guy. I always have doubts that it was only mit in a person's system when something bad like this happens.

The first time I clicked I got the pop up but 2nd time it worked. She lived near me. I was able to read it and don't believe it, the article said mit causes respiratory failure like opioids which is false and has links to more info about kratom which I'm sure is false also. :oops:

She worked for a hospital in hospice care so had easy access to other stuff!
I worked as a substance abuse counselor for a decade, and I can't begin to tell you how many doctors and nurses I had as clients. When you write, order, dispense, and store the stuff, the temptation can easily overcome one.

I do and I don't feel bad for that guy. He should have at LEAST labeled clearly the MIT, ingredients, and suggested dose. In the article, there's an evidence picture of the package and all it says is "Space Dust." Where were the labs?

Lastly, I agree, the science was ignored by this judge and the prosecutor. The Miami Herald didn't even point that out. Such trash journalism. All to common these days. Anything to jump on the bandwagon and sell newspapers.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by BallzDeep9 »

dantheleafman wrote: ↑Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:24 pm I do and I don't feel bad for that guy. He should have at LEAST labeled clearly the MIT, ingredients, and suggested dose. In the article, there's an evidence picture of the package and all it says is "Space Dust." Where were the Labs ??
Exactly right. And KD posted here, on Double MM a big promotion like 2 years ago when he started... I was skeptical then. 🙄 Anyone can Search MM and read the history here.

Guys, here's the deal... Tip of the Iceberg. This is much bigger than KD or this 1 incident... This involves the FDA, the AKA, the Government (both State & Fed.) and, a Law firm in Florida called MCTLaw. Attorneys now dedicated to attacking vendors in Court. READ this !! https://www.mctlaw.com/medical-product- ... -lawsuits/

Want to keep Kratom Legal ? It looks like the biggest fight we've had, in many years. I'll write more later. For now... it's becoming important to Support The AKA. 😮 Yes. They're really all we have, now, IF you want Kratom to stay Legal and available. Want more INFO ? Pay Attention to what's happening. Watch the AKA channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@americankratomassociation

I suggest, anyone should watch AKA's video from July 25 this week. Complex, Legal issues, with terminology and government speak, but, Mac Haddow is an amazing guy. 😎
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
boureka
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu May 18, 2023 8:00 pm

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by boureka »

BallzDeep9 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:54 pm
Want to keep Kratom Legal ? It looks like the biggest fight we've had, in many years. I'll write more later. For now... it's becoming important to Support The AKA. 😮 Yes. They're really all we have, now, IF you want Kratom to stay Legal and available. Want more INFO ? Pay Attention to what's happening. Watch the AKA channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@americankratomassociation

I suggest, anyone should watch AKA's video from July 25 this week. Complex, Legal issues, with terminology and government speak, but, Mac Haddow is an amazing guy. 😎
[/size]
Amen. The AKA is not perfect but they seem to be an effective lobbying voice. They're our ONLY voice. Support them.
RedWhiteAndGreen
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:15 pm

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by RedWhiteAndGreen »

Mimi wrote: ↑Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:24 pm See the attached article. Is this the same KRATOM Distro im thinking of

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/ ... 0a9vPtkaiE
The way this article was written was strange. The author seemingly slipped "Space Dust" in there without any further explanation. Really unfortunate all around.
Jfish030
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:32 pm
Contact:

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by Jfish030 »

Looks like KD opened up another company.
Mimi
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:43 am

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by Mimi »

Jfish030 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:49 pm Looks like KD opened up another company.
What is it
AliJustali
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:57 pm

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by AliJustali »

Jfish030 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:49 pm Looks like KD opened up another company.
Is it Mr. Nice Ky? They are located suspiciously close to KD, and some of their bags are similar. But then again, I've tried both, and I definitely prefer the powder I got from one place over the other (I've tried at least 6 varieties from both).
Jfish030
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:32 pm
Contact:

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by Jfish030 »

AliJustali wrote: ↑Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:25 pm
Jfish030 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:49 pm Looks like KD opened up another company.
Is it Mr. Nice Ky? They are located suspiciously close to KD, and some of their bags are similar. But then again, I've tried both, and I definitely prefer the powder I got from one place over the other (I've tried at least 6 varieties from both).
I saw they had another business with similar name as new.

Most likely they are also that company. Just because the powder was different doesn't mean its not the same company. Different shipments is all that takes. Alot of kratom vendors now aren't small businesses but trying to portray small business to increase their market share. I know a few that do this.
User avatar
IdiopathicPain247
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:43 pm
Location: near Rocheport, Mo.
Contact:

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by IdiopathicPain247 »

I just joined the AKA.
Feerndad
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 2:42 pm

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by Feerndad »

I’ve had the space dust extract numerous times several years ago when it first popped up on kd and it was no different than any other Kratom extract. I believe he did have the percentage on the site too (15% is what I remember off the top of my head).

It annoys me that these people take Kratom and numerous other drugs at the same time and die and their parents throw a shit fit about the kratom specifically. It’s pretty much impossible to die off Kratom or the extract since the chemical doesn’t even work like that in large doses. I’ve taken insane amounts of the stuff when I first started taking it and the most it does is make you nauseous and give you the spins/twitching. There would be shit tons of deaths already if it was possible. People want to just blame it on anything but their kid being reckless and dumb.
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by mivanqua »

Feerndad wrote: ↑Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:09 pm)

It annoys me that these people take Kratom and numerous other drugs at the same time and die and their parents throw a shit fit about the kratom specifically. .
Shitty parents + pharma payout = IT'S KRATOM'S FAULT, BRO!
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: KRATOM Distro being sued

Post by mivanqua »

mivanqua wrote: ↑Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:31 pm
Feerndad wrote: ↑Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:09 pm)

It annoys me that these people take Kratom and numerous other drugs at the same time and die and their parents throw a shit fit about the kratom specifically. .
Shitty parents + pharma payout = IT'S KRATOM'S FAULT, BRO!
Sorry I was really angry yesterday.

I had no business doing that.
Locked