Lau Pono dba Hawaii Kratom
Forum rules
Please remember this area is for REVIEWS only - meaning you are giving your opinion on a strain or vendor.
This is not an area to post questions or ask for advice.
If you are seeking strain or vendor recommendations, kindly ask in the general discussion forum.
Additionally, please remember to put the NAME OF THE VENDOR and/or the STRAIN NAME in the title of your post.
Please remember this area is for REVIEWS only - meaning you are giving your opinion on a strain or vendor.
This is not an area to post questions or ask for advice.
If you are seeking strain or vendor recommendations, kindly ask in the general discussion forum.
Additionally, please remember to put the NAME OF THE VENDOR and/or the STRAIN NAME in the title of your post.
-
sbdickey3
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:32 am
Lau Pono dba Hawaii Kratom
Yooo so I somehow stumbled across this vendors website while searching the internet and it looked very enticing. Hawaii Kratom. It is grown on the island of Kauai, using Hawaiian-grown, bio-diverse cultivation methods. And it is FRESH. Looks like it had just been cultivated into powder. It burned just as good as it looked and smelled, if not better.
Yes it is unfortunately expensive (I got the sample pack where you get 40gs of all four strains: Green Cure, Gold Cure, Platinum Cure, Red Cure for $88) but you don’t need much at all, I took half of my normal size dose. I’m not shilling I have no affiliation with the company I just haven’t seen any thing at all online about these guys anywhere and wanted to put their name out there. Great work guys, Farm over Pharm. mahalo.
Lau Pono - Hawaiian for “good leaf”
Yes it is unfortunately expensive (I got the sample pack where you get 40gs of all four strains: Green Cure, Gold Cure, Platinum Cure, Red Cure for $88) but you don’t need much at all, I took half of my normal size dose. I’m not shilling I have no affiliation with the company I just haven’t seen any thing at all online about these guys anywhere and wanted to put their name out there. Great work guys, Farm over Pharm. mahalo.
Lau Pono - Hawaiian for “good leaf”
- Nelson Baboon
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:48 pm
Re: Lau Pono dba Hawaii Kratom
i'm not particularly tempted to try at that price, unless someone sends me some for free.
To whatever degree the placebo factor figures into to one's reaction to a strain, I would say that paying a lot might add to it.
(oh - and the $88 is a sale price - down from $160!)
To whatever degree the placebo factor figures into to one's reaction to a strain, I would say that paying a lot might add to it.
(oh - and the $88 is a sale price - down from $160!)
-
dantheleafman
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Wed May 31, 2023 1:23 am
Re: Lau Pono dba Hawaii Kratom
Thanks for the review! Had to order some for "science" Also been trying some domestic kratom from Florida and it's astonishingly good!sbdickey3 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:40 am Yooo so I somehow stumbled across this vendors website while searching the internet and it looked very enticing. Hawaii Kratom. It is grown on the island of Kauai, using Hawaiian-grown, bio-diverse cultivation methods. And it is FRESH. Looks like it had just been cultivated into powder. It burned just as good as it looked and smelled, if not better.
Yes it is unfortunately expensive (I got the sample pack where you get 40gs of all four strains: Green Cure, Gold Cure, Platinum Cure, Red Cure for $88) but you don’t need much at all, I took half of my normal size dose. I’m not shilling I have no affiliation with the company I just haven’t seen any thing at all online about these guys anywhere and wanted to put their name out there. Great work guys, Farm over Pharm. mahalo.
Lau Pono - Hawaiian for “good leaf”
-
sbdickey3
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:32 am
Re: Lau Pono dba Hawaii Kratom
Placebo factor or not I have one strong tolerance to leaf and have ordered from dozens of vendors over the years. And this is one of the freshest best burning leaf I have taken in a long time. I understand with the price tag though. $88 for essentially 160gs (+shipping) it is too much. Hoping they reevaluate that..
- Nelson Baboon
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:48 pm
Re: Lau Pono dba Hawaii Kratom
that's the sale price. regular price is nearly double that.sbdickey3 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:36 pm Placebo factor or not I have one strong tolerance to leaf and have ordered from dozens of vendors over the years. And this is one of the freshest best burning leaf I have taken in a long time. I understand with the price tag though. $88 for essentially 160gs (+shipping) it is too much. Hoping they reevaluate that..
- Rambo
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 103
- Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:36 am
Re: Lau Pono dba Hawaii Kratom
At regular price it would be $1/gramNelson Baboon wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:39 pmthat's the sale price. regular price is nearly double that.sbdickey3 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:36 pm Placebo factor or not I have one strong tolerance to leaf and have ordered from dozens of vendors over the years. And this is one of the freshest best burning leaf I have taken in a long time. I understand with the price tag though. $88 for essentially 160gs (+shipping) it is too much. Hoping they reevaluate that..
Interesting review nonetheless, hopefully the vendor comes to their senses
- Nelson Baboon
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:48 pm
Re: Lau Pono dba Hawaii Kratom
i think that there are people here who are fanatical enough that they would buy some if it were really 'that good'. but i don't like the pricing, and i don't like the way they talk about their product as summoning magical forces, or some such nonsense. They should send free samples out to skeptics on MM, lol. but i just can't imagine that it is much better than (name your favorite vendors - i'll name, TFH, Denette, Lonestar, Smiley), which to me are fantastic, unique in their own way, and reasonably priced. And without the ridiculous hype.Rambo wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:40 pmAt regular price it would be $1/gramNelson Baboon wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:39 pmthat's the sale price. regular price is nearly double that.sbdickey3 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:36 pm Placebo factor or not I have one strong tolerance to leaf and have ordered from dozens of vendors over the years. And this is one of the freshest best burning leaf I have taken in a long time. I understand with the price tag though. $88 for essentially 160gs (+shipping) it is too much. Hoping they reevaluate that..Delusional.
Interesting review nonetheless, hopefully the vendor comes to their senses
hear that you Hawaii people? pm me here, and arrange to send me 5g for free if you really believe in your product.
- IndelibleDotInk
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3357
- Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
- Location: Oahu, Hawaii
Re: Lau Pono dba Hawaii Kratom
Good soil on Kauai, lotta excellent coffee growing there now. I would think kratom would have a liking to the area. (I'm on Oahu, main island).
That said, I wouldn't order this kratom due to the extravagant price. Yowza!
Let us know how it is!
That said, I wouldn't order this kratom due to the extravagant price. Yowza!
Let us know how it is!
-
conscious_conundrum
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 427
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm
Re: Lau Pono dba Hawaii Kratom
"What makes Hawaii Kratom truly special is our hand-selected collection of five regional kratom varieties: Borneo, Malaysia, Thai, Sumatra, and Indonesia."
This statement from their website made me chuckle.

This statement from their website made me chuckle.
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: Lau Pono dba Hawaii Kratom
Try our products today and embark on an extraordinary journey that will leave you craving more.conscious_conundrum wrote: ↑Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:13 pm "What makes Hawaii Kratom truly special is our hand-selected collection of five regional kratom varieties: Borneo, Malaysia, Thai, Sumatra, and Indonesia."
This statement from their website made me chuckle.![]()
![]()
Uhm..
Even despite the terrible marketing and my unsure mindset if it's grown on the garden island or the normal garden island it all usually comes from, I think if it's still $22 next week, I'm going to get either the Red or the gold, which do you guys think I should get? I'm leaning towards red because if it's a warm gold, the dog days aren't the best time to get it. But we can't buy more than 40 grams at a time no matter what? Why not? They only have two kilos total of each one and they are all sitting in a shelf waiting for a dumb fuck just like me to order it? Ok. I'll bite. Herba Rosa wasn't bad at all. It eventually stopped having that zing, but I still take it sometimes
- Nelson Baboon
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:48 pm
Re: Lau Pono dba Hawaii Kratom
"Each variety brings its own mana"
"mana
Pukui-Elbert Haw to Eng, Loulou paʻa | Permalinkno | for mana, Pukui-Elbert, Hwn to Eng
1. nvs. Supernatural or divine power, mana, miraculous power; a powerful nation, authority; to give mana to, to make powerful; to have mana, power, authority; authorization, privilege; miraculous, divinely powerful, spiritual; possessed of mana, power."
oh, please....
have they tested these strains for divine power?
"mana
Pukui-Elbert Haw to Eng, Loulou paʻa | Permalinkno | for mana, Pukui-Elbert, Hwn to Eng
1. nvs. Supernatural or divine power, mana, miraculous power; a powerful nation, authority; to give mana to, to make powerful; to have mana, power, authority; authorization, privilege; miraculous, divinely powerful, spiritual; possessed of mana, power."
oh, please....
have they tested these strains for divine power?
-
dantheleafman
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Wed May 31, 2023 1:23 am
Re: Lau Pono dba Hawaii Kratom
I went for the Platinum and the Green. The Platinum is kinda like their "trainwreck" - might be getting suckered, but the opportunity to try some leaf from a unique bio-climate is just too tempting. I'll roll the dice with $50.mivanqua wrote: ↑Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:30 pmTry our products today and embark on an extraordinary journey that will leave you craving more.conscious_conundrum wrote: ↑Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:13 pm "What makes Hawaii Kratom truly special is our hand-selected collection of five regional kratom varieties: Borneo, Malaysia, Thai, Sumatra, and Indonesia."
This statement from their website made me chuckle.![]()
![]()
Uhm..
Even despite the terrible marketing and my unsure mindset if it's grown on the garden island or the normal garden island it all usually comes from, I think if it's still $22 next week, I'm going to get either the Red or the gold, which do you guys think I should get? I'm leaning towards red because if it's a warm gold, the dog days aren't the best time to get it. But we can't buy more than 40 grams at a time no matter what? Why not? They only have two kilos total of each one and they are all sitting in a shelf waiting for a dumb fuck just like me to order it? Ok. I'll bite. Herba Rosa wasn't bad at all. It eventually stopped having that zing, but I still take it sometimes
-
dantheleafman
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Wed May 31, 2023 1:23 am
Re: Lau Pono dba Hawaii Kratom
sbdickey3 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:40 am Yooo so I somehow stumbled across this vendors website while searching the internet and it looked very enticing. Hawaii Kratom. It is grown on the island of Kauai, using Hawaiian-grown, bio-diverse cultivation methods. And it is FRESH. Looks like it had just been cultivated into powder. It burned just as good as it looked and smelled, if not better.
Yes it is unfortunately expensive (I got the sample pack where you get 40gs of all four strains: Green Cure, Gold Cure, Platinum Cure, Red Cure for $88) but you don’t need much at all, I took half of my normal size dose. I’m not shilling I have no affiliation with the company I just haven’t seen any thing at all online about these guys anywhere and wanted to put their name out there. Great work guys, Farm over Pharm. mahalo.
Lau Pono - Hawaiian for “good leaf”
How long did it take ya to get your package? I'm thinking it's going to take some time coming from Hawaii.