Coronavirus discussion

Off topic forum for all non-kratom related discussion. Movies, music, sports, weather - anything goes! Come on in and start a thread for anything you want to talk about with your fellow kratomites.
Post Reply
mitragiriffic
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:08 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by mitragiriffic »

ALso lost my job!

im thinking about diggin thru my reddit DM's for those guys from indo who messaged me with bulk kratom prices and become a vendor. Kovid Kratom, LLC here I come. why the fuck not, right?
MikeEdoessomething
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by MikeEdoessomething »

herbalhippie wrote:It's a shit show, that's for sure. :roll:
I sold 100$ of kratom to day to fellow furloughed former co-workers!! So silver-lining I guess? :? Looks like lots of people that normally just looked at me like I was strange drinking "mud-shots" as my kratom drinks were commonly referred to- and what my general manager called "K-Bombs"- are now looking for something to put them in a better mood.

Guess I have another reason to buy another kilo :lol:
MetalMamaRocks
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by MetalMamaRocks »

As of today I'm supposed to go in to work Monday, but I really hope the Kentucky governor mandates everyone stay home. Im afraid to be around a bunch of people.

My tax refund will get me through for a couple of weeks until I can get unemployment, and hubby gets Social Security so I think we'll be okay.

My daughter-in-law and granddaughter both just got laid off, they work at restaurants. Man, this is going to be a tough spring and summer. Let's just hope everyone stays healthy.
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Greyfeather »

So, in an effort to look at the "small picture" I devoted some time to ponder a situation that really isn't in the forefront of Breaking News: the closure of barber shops/ beauty salons. I don't visit them as I have 'done' my own hair since forever. But the ladies in my city spend big $$ on their hair every month. Having the best cut & color is a serious competitive sport. I must confess that this is giving me some inner petty satisfaction. Of course the women with money and connections are probably inviting pros to come to their homes and cater to them.

My mother lives in a nice assisted living place. She has religiously gone to the 'beauty parlor' every week of her adult life. I'm trying to imagine how she will deal with this insult to her sense of entitlement.

Yes, I am a bad bad person :mrgreen:
Women of America - it's high time to just put on a head scarf, let your roots grow out, get shaggy and just say f*ck it. It's JUST HAIR :lol:
MetalMamaRocks
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by MetalMamaRocks »

Greyfeather wrote:So, in an effort to look at the "small picture" I devoted some time to ponder a situation that really isn't in the forefront of Breaking News: the closure of barber shops/ beauty salons. I don't visit them as I have 'done' my own hair since forever. But the ladies in my city spend big $$ on their hair every month. Having the best cut & color is a serious competitive sport. I must confess that this is giving me some inner petty satisfaction. Of course the women with money and connections are probably inviting pros to come to their homes and cater to them.

My mother lives in a nice assisted living place. She has religiously gone to the 'beauty parlor' every week of her adult life. I'm trying to imagine how she will deal with this insult to her sense of entitlement.

Yes, I am a bad bad person :mrgreen:
Women of America - it's high time to just put on a head scarf, let your roots grow out, get shaggy and just say f*ck it. It's JUST HAIR :lol:
:lol: Greyfeather, I have never been one to "regular" the beauty salons. I'm a child of the seventies, always had the long, straight hair parted in the middle. Granted, I had a couple of perms through the years that I absolutely despised, and I went through a feathered bangs, layered look a la Stevie Nicks for a while, but for the most part I've done my own hair.

And what is the deal with getting ones nails done every week? My nieces are always complaining about not having enough money, but yet they'll blow 40 bucks on nails and a paint job!

And my mom? She talked the beautician into squeezing her in the very last day the salons were open!
Zeedra
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 5:23 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Zeedra »

Greyfeather wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:
MikeEdoessomething wrote:
I would maybe suggest something besides xanax.

At least we all have kratom (its something)
She wants to try Buspar first. I've never had it, have you? I don't like the potential side effects. :?
My Doc wanted me to try that. I declined because it is more of a script that you take every day (like an antidepressant), and I just like to be able to take a small, 1mg tablet if I start to have a panic attack. I'm already on a daily med. Anyway, I have had a script for Ativan for about 27 years. It has never changed, never increased. Anti-benzo people INSIST that use will increase over time. This just isn't true, and -as I said - it is not possible to use Ativan recreationally because you'll simply fall asleep if you take too much (it is very helpful with sleep). It can't get you high.
I don't like drugs either - ANY kind. This is how I describe the effects of Ativan: "It helps get that cat off of your head," you know, that imaginary cat balancing atop your heat, it's claws digging in, as it yowls? You won't feel "different" or "high" Just. No. You just won't feel as though your heart is going to pop out of your chest or that you might pass out from fear. You could start with half a tab and work up to two tabs a day max, imo. That's not alot. You can tell your Doc that you are going to start practicing meditation, etc, etc. to calm yourself (which is a good idea). I view some benzos as a TOOL; of course it is not a cure. But, imo, a lot of women (this woman anyway) are extremely sensitive to outer and inner pressures (and freakin' menopause didn't help either :evil: ). Ativan is not Valium (mother's little helper). It won't make you groggy or zombie-like (unless you take a handful). Good Luck, HH
It is absolutely possible to abuse ativan, I've used it recreationally often. All benzos are used recreationally.
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Greyfeather »

It is absolutely possible to abuse ativan, I've used it recreationally often. All benzos are used recreationally.
If you are going to make a statement like this, please be more specific or provide some evidence.
If you are drinking, taking Ativan can make you MORE drunk because your Gaba receptors are getting too much information. That's IT.

Ativan - by itself - ABSOLUTELY will not make you 'high' no matter how much you take. Please don't spread careless, lazy misinformation. If you have a personal history of drug abuse don't assume that you are an expert because of this. Please.
Marcussk
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
Location: WNC

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Marcussk »

MikeEdoessomething wrote:
Yeah I'm right there with you HH. I have been furloughed as of Thursday evening.

I can file for unemployment but it only provide about 50% of what I made, and I believe it is going off of my last two pay periods. Since I am a server it will be based off of my declared tips. Luckily, I declare most of my tips (80-90% about). So if I declared 600$ in tips, I'll get around 300$ a week or so. Better than nothing but not near enough if they expect people to still pay all their bills. And, like you said, it will be a lot worse for so many people. Just other bussers and servers and bartenders at my job, many did not declare all of their tips (for variety of reasons). So a server who declared 1/2 of what they made in tips, will then only be getting back about a 1/4 of what they normally would weekly.

And have you read the bill that is being proposed? The bail out bill to give every adult check/cash, up to $1200 a person? It is so FILLED with LOOPHOLES!! I've seen experts have no idea exactly who will be covered or denied. And it may be based off your 2018 taxes you filed. A LOT, and I mean A LOT of ways people could be denied or given $600 only if this current bill being proposed is passed. This would not be good! I'll find link breaking down current proposed bill if anyone wants to read (and cry or scream with rage)

Even if they gave everyone $1200, will this be a one time payment? Because that would be like putting a band-aid over someone shot in the arm while ignoring the other 9 bullets in the chest and stomach and back!! :x

I have friends who pay $1200 a month for a one bedroom apartment. My ex girlfriend lives in San Francisco and her apartment is almost $3000 a month and she has been layed off as well. I believe it was the UK that just announced that people that they will give all citizens 80% of their regular income for the next 3 months AND cover all utilities (electric/water/etc) AND suspending other bills (I could have some details wrong, I read a breakdown of the bill this morning, but it would get people by). What is a $1200 one time payment going to do? Or even if it is monthly?

My take: the only way this will not lead to social breakdown and mass chaos and economic ruin, if is they suspend people's bills AND provide a basic weekly income. Most people cannot pay for food and rent with $1200 dollars or unemployment insurance, let alone the other bills like internet, water, electric, credit cards, and all the other ones.

I just had my car payment due on Thursday. I've been out of work for 9 days now I think. I did not pay that bill, as that money will be needed to cover food and medicine and mortgage. So many questions and various different areas of life where this will bring massive disruption. I seriously fear how our society will handle it. I mean, we can't even get people to stop going to the beach or cloths shopping :roll:
At the very least they should suspend all Bill's and give out rations until this is over.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by brave777 »

Ok on my 10 thousand people job, as of April 3d the plant will be closed until 19th. I am sure they have some inside knowledge how long this will last since they opening back up on April 19th. It might last 1 month or even less for everyone but that's just my assumption. I do not think job cares much about covid 19 , even if there was someone claiming they have it, they would just send them home to not make panic or perhaps fire? Its lots money in the plant so we all considered work numbers, when they short on people, they say we need more head numbers, it really dont matter who you are as long they have enough people. I am just glad i am full time, and i heard rumors they will be cutting out temp people first. Coming back to work Sunday and overtime you can work as much as you want which i refuse with all the bs around. Worst thing can happen i come on my day off to make an extra buck and catch something. Less chance catching something by not working over time. Well i really hope its not long left and you guys can get rehired when go back and ask. Man i cant imagine how many more homeless people will be on the streets cause of this. That's why i hate people who say dont give money to homeless people and they will waste it on beer. I tell those people to F off and mind their own self if they so selfish. If they want to spend money on what ever they wish its their life, they are adults and they can do what ever. With out money you cant buy anything, food, drugs etc. If i am not busy i always invite them to fast food and maybe hear their life story while eating with them. or if i am busy i always hand out some cash if they standing on the streets. I see it as it could be any of us in that position. If i dont have cash i dont give if i do have its my duty to help. Its not easy standing all day on the street, its still a job even if you dont see it that way or even if they are faking it and have enough money. Any way I got my finger crossed this wont last long. at least some people wont have to buy TP for a long long time. :lol: :roll:
Kratom user since 2014!
MikeEdoessomething
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by MikeEdoessomething »

[/quote]At the very least they should suspend all Bill's and give out rations until this is over.[/quote]

Exactly! Absolutely agree! Many countries in Europe are doing that and providing 75-80% of people's income every month.

While here Congress keeps discussing what to do and how to help people, and those same people starve and grow desperate and angry. What is the saying, "Keep people fed and entertained and they can be controlled," or something like that? Without sports and a lot of entertainment, growing shortage of medical supplies, and increasing number of hungry citizens- A LOT OF PEOPLE are finally paying attention.

Then again I went on Facebook for the first time in like 2 years tonight and I take back what I just said about people paying attention :( :cry: :roll:
Marcussk
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
Location: WNC

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Marcussk »

MikeEdoessomething wrote:
At the very least they should suspend all Bill's and give out rations until this is over.[/quote]

Exactly! Absolutely agree! Many countries in Europe are doing that and providing 75-80% of people's income every month.

While here Congress keeps discussing what to do and how to help people, and those same people starve and grow desperate and angry. What is the saying, "Keep people fed and entertained and they can be controlled," or something like that? Without sports and a lot of entertainment, growing shortage of medical supplies, and increasing number of hungry citizens- A LOT OF PEOPLE are finally paying attention.

Then again I went on Facebook for the first time in like 2 years tonight and I take back what I just said about people paying attention :( :cry: :roll:[/quote]

I wish that North Carolina would issue a stay in place order. Right now the cases here are relatively low, but people aren't taking it seriously at all and it is only a matter of time before it is completely out of control. :oops:
MikeEdoessomething
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by MikeEdoessomething »

I wish that North Carolina would issue a stay in place order. Right now the cases here are relatively low, but people aren't taking it seriously at all and it is only a matter of time before it is completely out of control. :oops:
Tell me about it. I'm in wake country which has the most cases I think. I feel it is coming any day. Actually heard rumors on Monday the state will get the shutdown order.

Where you at in North Carolina?
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Greyfeather »

Americans have ARMED themselves. To the teeth. So don't piss anyone off.
Even worse? Cops don't need ANY excuse now to make an example of us - for ANY perceived 'threat'. Do exactly as they say. Do not speak. Follow orders and pray you don't get arrested because - at least here - they will literally disable you for funsies and absolutely get away with it.
Marcussk
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
Location: WNC

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Marcussk »

MikeEdoessomething wrote:
I wish that North Carolina would issue a stay in place order. Right now the cases here are relatively low, but people aren't taking it seriously at all and it is only a matter of time before it is completely out of control. :oops:
Tell me about it. I'm in wake country which has the most cases I think. I feel it is coming any day. Actually heard rumors on Monday the state will get the shutdown order.

Where you at in North Carolina?
I live in Burke county, they dont even have test kits here. They have been using flu test kits smh. There are also confirmed cases in McDowell that haven't been reported. I know because I have family that is quarantined there.
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Greyfeather »

Marcussk wrote:
MikeEdoessomething wrote:
I wish that North Carolina would issue a stay in place order. Right now the cases here are relatively low, but people aren't taking it seriously at all and it is only a matter of time before it is completely out of control. :oops:
Tell me about it. I'm in wake country which has the most cases I think. I feel it is coming any day. Actually heard rumors on Monday the state will get the shutdown order.

Where you at in North Carolina?
I live in Burke county, they dont even have test kits here. They have been using flu test kits smh. There are also confirmed cases in McDowell that haven't been reported. I know because I have family that is quarantined there.

This is very upsetting. I had to go to the grocery tonight. An employee asked me "What are you doing out after 5 p.m.?" I did not even know that we had been issued a curfew. Our state still has - I think - 5 deaths. It's harsh, but I'm fine with this if it will keep us safer :?
User avatar
INSENSE3
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:40 pm
Location: Placerville, CA
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by INSENSE3 »

SHELTER IN PLACE has been in effect since March 17 where I am. It’s the most lax shelter in place in the state. These idiots are begging for martial law by crowding the shores like a big beach holiday! Fortunately rain is messing that up. It’s really awful that our lives are in the hands of idiotic people. The stores still have zero TP and zero eggs. Nothing but a sign about rationing remains.

People are ordering food in from the restaurants, so many servers are now parking lot delivering and home delivering food. I have no idea how people afford it at $20/ per meal :shock: since everything is closed and they probably don’t have any money set aside.

No masks are available, either. I’m very glad that I have kratom. But I have a compromised immune system and only just got over a three week long virus so bad that I could barely lift my arm to get the tv remote and kratom was simply too difficult to bother with. I had a wonderfully low tolerance when it cleared up. Kratom DID help in the days preceding the worst of that phucking virus. I couldn’t work for over a week and only kept a job because the boss also got it. It was brutal.

We just got through the fire prevention power outages in time for this, whew!

According to the graphs I’ve seen, and they look like real graphs from people who are studying this stuff and the peak of this thing will be in May/June and then a long lull of false safety before another huge peak for the 2020 holidays.

Definitely buckle the seat belts and hold your cushion to soften the blows.

Lots of people are doing lots of good work preparing, too! Tent cities are going up for triage and the homeless are being forced into actual shelter. Rain is easing the nonsense, but wonderful weather is not far and people get unruly when it’s hot and they stocked up on nothing but substances. Yikes
Thanks for being a part of today's solution!
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by brave777 »

INSENSE3 i think everyone trough out last year starting last October went trough rotation of sickness and we were some what short on people at work. Our whole family went trough it even kids and two people over 60. I have a feeling this was a bigger then normal flu, i also felt not doing anything wanting not to lift or even consume anything at all, so i just fasted on the good juices. I even didn't like when someone spoke, it annoyed me hearing any voice talking. gladly it lasted 2 days only and third day not so much but was recovering, could eat stuff and all but fourth day like it never existed. I do take plenty of good vitamins and all the other stuff so i think my immune was trough the roof. But stopping kratom i think would of been a no no so it helped me sleep and helped with mood a lot, heavy reds and sleeping aid what i had for few days, only 2 grams a day. But flu came and disappeared for me real fast, some family members lasted a whole week. Good thing i never coughed, i tried not too because i was afraid i would puke everything medicine or damage my lungs. I think i know what helped me not cough but that's just assumption. I always advice to take slightly more immune boosters then normal so if you do get something weird, it wont last long or help fight off the flu faster. So extra Vit C, Best thing you can do is fast, fast fast. You wont die from fasting 1-3 days on good juices and vitamins. Just remember not to go over 2 gram kratom. since you have no food, it will feel like its 15 gram a dose lol. maybe that's why i slept so good on heavy red. Oh i also has lemon juice and other similar stuff maybe thats why my 2 gram kratom felt a lot.
Kratom user since 2014!
MetalMamaRocks
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by MetalMamaRocks »

Well brothers and sisters, we've all entertained the rumor that kratom has immune boosting properties. In the 4 years I've been using it, I've only been sick once, and I think that was food poisoning.

I'm not advising anyone to take unnecessary risks, but wouldn't it be great if we had the secret weapon? :D
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by brave777 »

MetalMamaRocks wrote:Well brothers and sisters, we've all entertained the rumor that kratom has immune boosting properties. In the 4 years I've been using it, I've only been sick once, and I think that was food poisoning.

I'm not advising anyone to take unnecessary risks, but wouldn't it be great if we had the secret weapon? :D
Honestly there were two family who coughed their lungs away, now they sit on 2 grams every 6 hours and no coughs, coincidence? dont think so, it sure does have something in it that reduced and helps with not coughing your lungs away like you going to die. Your on to something here. Also before i started using kratom, i would cry from any pollen or yellow dust touch my nose and had hard time breathing, i come to think about it i never have this problem now and i even tried sniffing pollen off the car, No i didnt get high but for sure i think its kratom that helping me with seasonal allergy's, and i still have a new pack of claratin that i forgot about for emergency. Imagine if it combine with other immune boosters, its like on steroid to bullet proof from weird flu's and viruses.
Kratom user since 2014!
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Greyfeather »

MetalMamaRocks wrote:Well brothers and sisters, we've all entertained the rumor that kratom has immune boosting properties. In the 4 years I've been using it, I've only been sick once, and I think that was food poisoning.

I'm not advising anyone to take unnecessary risks, but wouldn't it be great if we had the secret weapon? :D
Yes, that would be the kind of miracle I wouldn't expect :D
And what is the deal with getting ones nails done every week? My nieces are always complaining about not having enough money, but yet they'll blow 40 bucks on nails and a paint job!
Tell me about it!! I have never understood this. But then I don't have pretty hands, lol. It's all about "self care," dontcha know? I can't even remember when "spoiling oneself" became "self care" :roll:
MikeEdoessomething
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by MikeEdoessomething »

Let's discuss my wonderful - :roll: - billion-dollar company The Cheesecake Factory :x

So, as in many states, the store is closed for dine in, so I and many others are out of a job. But they are still doing pick up orders at the stores location. Many thought, great, at least the cooks and prep in the back and the cashiers and some bakery workers in the front will get to at least be able to work, even if its reduced hours.

The company at my location furloughed EVERYONE and now the MANAGERS are prepping and cooking the food and working as CASHIERS and CURBSIDE DELIVERY!!! :shock: :o

So, you may not want to order pick up from The Cheesecake Factory where ever you live if they closed but open for curbside pick up to-go! Because I can tell you as someone whose worked in 3 locations over 14 years the Managers do not know how to make the food properly! Not to mention people are paying full price for food being prepared and cooked by not actual cooks but management! Cheesecake is perhaps the biggest chain restaurant in America and they won't even pay a few line cooks and cashiers. And they have been SLAMMED with to-go orders for the past few days! People are trying to support local stores to help keep at least a few of the employees working. Don't support Cheesecake.

I hold 14 different job codes with the company and can do almost any position. I was wondering why I was not being asked to work a cashier or bakery shift or do my inventory (I was in charge of the plants and silverware and other items). Now I was not planning on work at least right now just because my father is in the highest risk range for the virus. But this is some bulls**t!
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Greyfeather »

I worked so many jobs waitressing in my 20s that I can't even remember how many.

What I DO remember, however, was how utterly useless every single manager (AND owner) truly was. Writing up schedules and yelling at us. All those places and not a single one of them ever rolled up their sleeves and pitched in when things got crazy. I remember one time in particular - Steak N' Shake. We had NO clean tableware to put on the tables, customers needed knives, etc. Meanwhile the dishwasher was out back - probably smoking a blunt. Sick of that mess, I went out and told him we needed him. Then the manager (oh god she was awful) screamed at ME. All she had to do was go back there and start washing up herself. I remember the day I calmly walked out of there in the middle of a shift :roll:
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by herbalhippie »

There is now community spread on two sides of the valley I live in, about 2 1/2 hours from Seattle.

:shock:

One last trip to the store and that's it for me.
MetalMamaRocks
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by MetalMamaRocks »

herbalhippie wrote:There is now community spread on two sides of the valley I live in, about 2 1/2 hours from Seattle.

:shock:

One last trip to the store and that's it for me.
We've had our first positive in my little town I live in.
It's all around us though, so it was just a matter of time.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Conference yesterday, Saturday 3/21 - New Jersey. Worth watching - this dude, Gov Phil Murphy, may not have Hollywood good looks but man, he IS on point.. This is leadership. He answers all questions. Gives solutions and priorities. And stays positive. Why can't we have THIS guy in the White House?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6v-JqmAPao
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by acejestyr15 »

BallzDeep9 wrote:Conference yesterday, Saturday 3/21 - New Jersey. Worth watching - this dude, Gov Phil Murphy, may not have Hollywood good looks but man, he IS on point.. This is leadership. He answers all questions. Gives solutions and priorities. And stays positive. Why can't we have THIS guy in the White House?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6v-JqmAPao
Because he def has faults too. Take it from someone born and raised in NJ. He def has some great points and such but others are rather obsurd. But yes!! He is doing a great job with this outbreak situation this far I agree :D
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Here's another good Democratic Governor: Jared Polis of Colorado. Listen to this guy.. The ONLY politician, afaik, to give a speech on the floor of Congress supporting Kratom!! Yes, he was a US Congressman 2 years ago before elected Governor of CO. I remember watching his Kratom speech on CSPAN.

This is LIVE Today, Sunday 3/22 -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwKPWAUypkc

Another Colorado LINK -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Ma8oQLmSM
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by BallzDeep9 »

MikeEdoessomething wrote: And have you read the bill that is being proposed? The bail out bill to give every adult check/cash, up to $1200 a person? It is so FILLED with LOOPHOLES!! I've seen experts have no idea exactly who will be covered or denied.
Right. There are several bills. The Nancy Pelosi $8.3 Billion coronavirus bill passed last week. NOW... A Republican Senate bill, which failed today on a 47- 47 vote.. Was a huge give-away to Trump & his corporate buddies. A massive $500 Billion slush-fund which Trump gets to spend? Bullshit. GOP OUT 2020 - All Rep-ugly-cons should be voted OUT this November. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB11xjB8?

A major sticking point is a $500 billion pool of money for loans and loan guarantees that Republicans want to create ... “They’re throwing caution to the wind for average workers and people on Main Street.. and going balls to the wall for people on Wall Street," Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said of Republicans.

At least in some Blue states, Governors are stepping up with a Moratorium on Landlord Evictions. NO evictions for anyone who is unable to pay Rent.. let the fucking Republican landlords eat their sky-high Rent, which they have doubled & tripled with rent hikes in recent years! - https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB11ykyW
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
MetalMamaRocks
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by MetalMamaRocks »

“They’re throwing caution to the wind for average workers and people on Main Street.. and going balls to the wall for people on Wall Street," Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said of Republicans."

As usual!!!
Marcussk
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
Location: WNC

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Marcussk »

Well I had to go home from work today because I have a fever. I'm not eligible to get tested for the coronavirus, but I hope I don't have it. :(
User avatar
Quercus
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Quercus »

Marcussk wrote:Well I had to go home from work today because I have a fever. I'm not eligible to get tested for the coronavirus, but I hope I don't have it. :(
Jeez, I hope you're okay. :( Sending all kinds of best wishes.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by herbalhippie »

Marcussk wrote:Well I had to go home from work today because I have a fever. I'm not eligible to get tested for the coronavirus, but I hope I don't have it. :(
Oh no! Good luck and hope you get better soon!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by herbalhippie »

Washington just got their official stay at home order from the governor THANK GOD because people are being IDIOTS about this. :roll:
MetalMamaRocks
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by MetalMamaRocks »

Marcussk wrote:Well I had to go home from work today because I have a fever. I'm not eligible to get tested for the coronavirus, but I hope I don't have it. :(

Uh oh, hope everything turns out okay!
Marcussk
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
Location: WNC

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Marcussk »

Thanks everyone, I'm hoping I'm ok and if I do have the virus that kratom will keep it mild for me. I'll keep you all updated with what happens.
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Greyfeather »

On Monday our Fearless Leader stated that he wants America to "open up."

WTF are we going to do with this Orange Idiot? In ONE day 793 people died in Italy, although it is true that the majority of victims are over 60 (I think the average age was 80). It doesn't matter than I'm not 60 yet; even if Trump is literally incapable of any feeling toward another human being, the idea of sacrificing one segment of the population so that he can start having rallies again is obscene.

Sure, wouldn't we all love to get back to business (preferably not business "as we knew it", imo), but our Italian friends can't keep up with it. People will be dying at home with no one to care for them. It will spread like a wildfire and the wealthy won't be spared.

So, what...... will Trump force people to go back to work? He's a madman. Someone needs to quarantine this fool until November :evil:
User avatar
Quercus
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by Quercus »

[quote="Greyfeather"]On Monday our Fearless Leader stated that he wants America to "open up."

WTF are we going to do with this Orange Idiot? In ONE day 793 people died in Italy, although it is true that the majority of victims are over 60 (I think the average age was 80). It doesn't matter than I'm not 60 yet; even if Trump is literally incapable of any feeling toward another human being, the idea of sacrificing one segment of the population so that he can start having rallies again is obscene.

Sure, wouldn't we all love to get back to business (preferably not business "as we knew it", imo), but our Italian friends can't keep up with it. People will be dying at home with no one to care for them. It will spread like a wildfire and the wealthy won't be spared.

So, what...... will Trump force people to go back to work? He's a madman. Someone needs to quarantine this fool until November :evil:[/quote



I've been reading about this, too but there is something I don't understand. Can Trump override stay-at-home orders from state governors? I don't know if he has the authority but do know that it will be complete chaos if people are getting two opposing sets of instructions.

Trying to "open up" the country too soon will backfire on Trump. Many, many more people will get sick and the economy will still suffer, perhaps even more so than if Trump hadn't made the short-sighted decision to start it up again. The economy is based on people and it's not going to keep roaring along in the face of wide-spread death and illness. He's an idiot and too stupid and self-impressed to know that he's way over his head.
MetalMamaRocks
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by MetalMamaRocks »

Greyfeather wrote:On Monday our Fearless Leader stated that he wants America to "open up."

WTF are we going to do with this Orange Idiot? In ONE day 793 people died in Italy, although it is true that the majority of victims are over 60 (I think the average age was 80). It doesn't matter than I'm not 60 yet; even if Trump is literally incapable of any feeling toward another human being, the idea of sacrificing one segment of the population so that he can start having rallies again is obscene.

Sure, wouldn't we all love to get back to business (preferably not business "as we knew it", imo), but our Italian friends can't keep up with it. People will be dying at home with no one to care for them. It will spread like a wildfire and the wealthy won't be spared.

So, what...... will Trump force people to go back to work? He's a madman. Someone needs to quarantine this fool until November :evil:
Surely someone with more sense will advise him on this. It's hard to say, but I think maybe another month of everything being shut down is what we can expect?
oohger
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:10 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by oohger »

Carona.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MikeEdoessomething
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Re: Coronavirus discussion

Post by MikeEdoessomething »

oohger wrote:
Carona.jpg
I work for Cheesecake Factory so this made me laugh. And sadly true cause the company doesn't care. There a top 100 forbes list company, but they probably just paid to get on there.

Get this, while they are still open for take out, the MANAGERS are doing the cooking and working the cashier and take out, not cooks or cashiers!!. They furloughed everybody, when many places are at least keeping the cooks and cashiers there, or giving them a choice. And to put the cherry on top of their terrible treatment of employees, they are waiving delivery fees. Order $15 or more and delivery is free!

So let's get this straight - you're waiving a delivery fee while all employee's have been furloughed, but why not donate the delivery fee to a work fund for employees? 16% of all sales in the last quarter were deliver or pick up curb-side. Imagine if they donated the delivery fees of every order to a company staff fund... it would at least let us employees think they are trying some way to help. How the fuck you going to waive delivery fees (from Door-dash, that is, we don't deliver from the store, we have delivering service do that) and waiving those fees helps the companies that are thriving in business right now (Uber-eats, door dash)? Hell, they could have let staff members drive around delivering food instead of outsourcing to another company.

I
Post Reply