salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
-
kratomandmath
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 pm
salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/201 ... linke.html
I saw this on MeWe earlier. Is this true about HS? I have Thai MD and have been using it pretty much every other day but haven't noticed any ill effects. I doubt HS is aware of this (at least I would hope they aren't since I haven't received any email about a recall).
Edit: Maybe they are aware of it but are getting the details sorted out before sending out a recall
I saw this on MeWe earlier. Is this true about HS? I have Thai MD and have been using it pretty much every other day but haven't noticed any ill effects. I doubt HS is aware of this (at least I would hope they aren't since I haven't received any email about a recall).
Edit: Maybe they are aware of it but are getting the details sorted out before sending out a recall
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
Herbal Salvation?
-
kratomandmath
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 pm
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
Yepherbalhippie wrote:Herbal Salvation?
-
kratomandmath
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 pm
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
Also, I just tried to look at their lab results. In the past it's been easily available. When I just tried, I need permission to see it. I'm not sure how long they've been doing that because it's been a month or 2 since I've seen the results without permission. Could be a coincidence. It seems sketch tho
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
Kinda does, doesn't it. If they were going through the trouble of testing you'd think they'd keep that information free and open to anybody that wanted to look at it.
-
DoomCat
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:53 pm
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
Agreed it feels really sketchy. You'd think theyd want people to be able to cross reference their batches to be safe.....I just emailed them and will def report back if/when they respond.
-
MetalMamaRocks
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 740
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
Yeah I was disappointed to see HS on the list since they say they do test for contaminants. I also read somewhere that Gaia has connections with one of the companies that tested positive?
I hope the list is pretty well complete now and they don't keep adding names. I have stock from probably 15 different vendors. I think from now on I'm going to stick to 3 or 4.
I hope the list is pretty well complete now and they don't keep adding names. I have stock from probably 15 different vendors. I think from now on I'm going to stick to 3 or 4.
-
kratomandmath
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 pm
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
Please let me know. I requested permission to view the lab results. Haven't heard anything yet. I've been using their Thai MD pretty much daily but haven't had any ill effects. I'm assuming the testing they do is on like a small sample and not the whole batch. It sucks that vendors who do post lab results still are part of this salmonella train.DoomCat wrote:Agreed it feels really sketchy. You'd think theyd want people to be able to cross reference their batches to be safe.....I just emailed them and will def report back if/when they respond.
-
DoomCat
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:53 pm
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
heres the message i got:
"We did recently receive notice that there may be possible contamination with a supplier we used for a shipment of 4 lot numbers from January. We were not doing Salmonella testing at that time, but every lot since has been lab tested for Salmonella and results are linked in each product description. In the interest of safety for our customers and an effort to be cooperative with the FDA, we will be initiating a voluntary recall for those 4 lot numbers which will be published upon approval from the FDA. All customers who potentially ordered those lot numbers in Jan or Feb will be emailed as well."
They DID NOT answer my question as to why the google doc was now password protected, nor did they offer me access or even respond to my question asking access. very strange!!!
"We did recently receive notice that there may be possible contamination with a supplier we used for a shipment of 4 lot numbers from January. We were not doing Salmonella testing at that time, but every lot since has been lab tested for Salmonella and results are linked in each product description. In the interest of safety for our customers and an effort to be cooperative with the FDA, we will be initiating a voluntary recall for those 4 lot numbers which will be published upon approval from the FDA. All customers who potentially ordered those lot numbers in Jan or Feb will be emailed as well."
They DID NOT answer my question as to why the google doc was now password protected, nor did they offer me access or even respond to my question asking access. very strange!!!
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
Too bad it can't be posted on the subs so people will know. Can't mention the vendor name. 
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
DoomCat wrote:
They DID NOT answer my question as to why the google doc was now password protected, nor did they offer me access or even respond to my question asking access. very strange!!!
That's kind of gone beyond sketchy.
-
kratomandmath
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 pm
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
That's so sketch. I swear when I ordered back in beginning of February and looking at their site in January, I was able to see lab results for the kratom I bought. I'm pretty sure I saw results for salmonella testing too. I should've saved the documents. Also, I still haven't been given access.DoomCat wrote:heres the message i got:
"We did recently receive notice that there may be possible contamination with a supplier we used for a shipment of 4 lot numbers from January. We were not doing Salmonella testing at that time, but every lot since has been lab tested for Salmonella and results are linked in each product description. In the interest of safety for our customers and an effort to be cooperative with the FDA, we will be initiating a voluntary recall for those 4 lot numbers which will be published upon approval from the FDA. All customers who potentially ordered those lot numbers in Jan or Feb will be emailed as well."
They DID NOT answer my question as to why the google doc was now password protected, nor did they offer me access or even respond to my question asking access. very strange!!!
We should get everybody to request access to see if they will give in. Here's a link: https://www.herbal-salvation.com/shop/b ... w-vietnam/
Once you go there, go to the link for the lab results. It is listed in the Description. You have to have a gmail account.
I don't know what to think right now about this cause I don't want to sound like a damn conspiracy nut
-
DoomCat
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:53 pm
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
i know!!! I requested permission with two separate gmail dummy accounts AND just emailed them again asking permission. It's bad business really. But also maybe we dont know the whole story. Also: does anyone know why you'd "need permission" from the FDA to tell customers they may have "contaminated" product?
-
kratomandmath
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 pm
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
I don't see why they would need permission from the FDA to inform their customers. It's listed on the damn FDA website lol they could just say there might be possible salmonella contamination for these lot numbers for these strains. I requested to see the results on 2 gmail accounts as well and so far nothing. I'm assuming they haven't emailed you about access to the results? But yeah there is stuff we don't know, but regardless I feel like if they truly care about their customers the least they could do is inform us that the FDA is investigating and here are the possible strains for contamination. Makes no damn sense to get approval of that
-
bree
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm
- Location: H-TOWN, Texas
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
DAAMN. Herbal Salvation has been my go-to spot for a long time. This is disappointing. And fucked up.
-
kratomandmath
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 pm
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
Alright HS just gave me permission to view the documents. So, that's good.
-
Jaredt82
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:27 pm
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
Hmm i was taking thai md for a long time with no issues. I still have some of there other strains though but never got sick.
-
kratomandmath
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 pm
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
Yeah I havent had any issues with the strains I bought back at the beginning of February. I have all their lab results now and so that's making me gain some trust back in them. The problem is the Thai MD I bought the lot number isn't listed on the tests. I'm curious if this was part of the 4 strains they didnt check for salmonella based on the email sent to doom cat. I will double check just to make sure. I wish there was a way to see the CDC or FDAs lab results for salmonella, like specifically what amount. I could see them spreading fear for the tiniest traces of salmonella.
-
Jaredt82
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:27 pm
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
Mine was purchased around thanksgiving.
-
Roscoe
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:45 am
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
How do you know the which lot # is the tainted ones?
-
kratomandmath
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 pm
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
I don't. Only know a time frame of the contaminated batches: supposedly it came from a batch back in January. Them not telling the customers yet about which exact lot numbers is what is making me not happy. They said in the email to cool cat that they didn't test the supposed 4 strains for salmonella, and based on the lab results I got, I can't find the lot number for the Thai MD I purchased back in the beginning of Feb. This is what leads me to speculate that it might be on the 4
-
Roscoe
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:45 am
Re: salmonella tainted kratom with HS?
I bought the 4 strains listed sometime in Jan. and Feb. but I have not been sick. Since I use capsules its too bad I cain't just zap them suckers under a strong light. What would a capsule do in a microwave? Ha. Boom