Mahakam River Strains

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Arctic_Martian
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:48 pm

Mahakam River Strains

Post by Arctic_Martian »

Anyone know the Indo source of these strains? I have the Green Mahakam from Botanical Bunny (now sold out), and it's quite good. I know Enhanciosa carries this variety as well. I've looked through most of the major Indo suppliers, and I don't see this listed by any of them! I'm wondering if there's a quality Indo supplier that's flown under my radar. Any insight would be appreciated - thanks!
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Mahakam River Strains

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Green Mahakam from Botanical Bunny (now sold out), and it's quite good. I know Enhanciosa carries this variety as well.
Yes, that Green Mahakam was excellent.. A slower green with deep euphoria. The Mahakam River is second largest in Borneo, next to Kapuas River.. I believe BB discovered Enhanciosa's source. Both are Texas vendors. As usual... "We don't reveal our Sources" - its a deep dark secret :lol:

I have been a customer of both vendors. Quality is excellent, but I'd say The Bunny has been more active, seeking out sources.. building up new business. BB does post strains by Lot # and currently working on Lot #17 - which means 17 different suppliers. Pretty sure he's not gonna reveal his sources.. there was some discussion on reddit about BB's PMD being Lot #12 iirc

DG Botanicals also in Texas - claims to use only "small farms" - has he ever revealed sources? :?: - No Way! 8-) - But if anybody would like to share inside information.. I'm listening!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Mahakam River Strains

Post by herbalhippie »

I need this Green Mahakam. :shock:
tingalls
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Re: Mahakam River Strains

Post by tingalls »

herbalhippie wrote:I need this Green Mahakam. :shock:
You haven't had it??? I got it thanks to a recommendation from ballz himself, and WOW! Probably the best kratom I've had to date. Mellow but not sedating, euphoria through the roof, and it's a great afternoon strain blended with a red.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Mahakam River Strains

Post by herbalhippie »

tingalls wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:I need this Green Mahakam. :shock:
You haven't had it??? I got it thanks to a recommendation from ballz himself, and WOW! Probably the best kratom I've had to date. Mellow but not sedating, euphoria through the roof, and it's a great afternoon strain blended with a red.

I NEED IT RIGHT NOW.
DoomCat
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: Mahakam River Strains

Post by DoomCat »

it's a bit pricey but Christophers Botanicals carries it. he's actually carried it for a couple years i believe....
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Mahakam River Strains

Post by herbalhippie »

DoomCat wrote:it's a bit pricey but Christophers Botanicals carries it. he's actually carried it for a couple years i believe....
Yeah, I saw that and his prices are kind of outrageous. I might have to order some to try though. Thanks!

eta: There's a Youtube review up on the Green Mahakam strain from Christopher's and he says it's very energetic. So, nope. lol
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Mahakam River Strains

Post by herbalhippie »

Got some Green Mahakam from Enhanciosa in Swapsell!! Day is made. :)
User avatar
WotAnAtti2d
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am

Re: Mahakam River Strains

Post by WotAnAtti2d »

BallzDeep9 wrote:
Green Mahakam from Botanical Bunny (now sold out), and it's quite good. I know Enhanciosa carries this variety as well.
Yes, that Green Mahakam was excellent.. A slower green with deep euphoria. The Mahakam River is second largest in Borneo, next to Kapuas River.. I believe BB discovered Enhanciosa's source. Both are Texas vendors. As usual... "We don't reveal our Sources" - its a deep dark secret :lol:

I have been a customer of both vendors. Quality is excellent, but I'd say The Bunny has been more active, seeking out sources.. building up new business. BB does post strains by Lot # and currently working on Lot #17 - which means 17 different suppliers. Pretty sure he's not gonna reveal his sources.. there was some discussion on reddit about BB's PMD being Lot #12 iirc

DG Botanicals also in Texas - claims to use only "small farms" - has he ever revealed sources? :?: - No Way! 8-) - But if anybody would like to share inside information.. I'm listening!
Yeah, when I started selling my crushed leaf, I did my research. It took me roughly three weeks to find a good farmer, with good product. Out of the blue, two people just straight-up asked me who my farmer was... I was like, "ummm, no".
Arctic_Martian
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:48 pm

Re: Mahakam River Strains

Post by Arctic_Martian »

BallzDeep9 wrote:Yes, that Green Mahakam was excellent.. A slower green with deep euphoria.
Yeah it is very, very euphoric. I was impressed with all of the lot 15 strains from BB. The White Jongkong was surprisingly slow and euphoric as well, which I wasn't expecting from a white but am very OK with. The Plantation had more energy to it but some calm euphoria to counterbalance that energy. I hope BB sources from that supplier again.

Definitely agree that BB has been more active in terms of drumming up new business, and I like the transparency of posting lot #'s and sometimes revealing the supplier (the order invoice usually includes an acronym that hints at the supplier). I asked Joel from Enhanciosa if he'd be willing to drop his price for a bunch of samples (I'm not gonna pay nearly $50 just to try 10 x 1-ounce samples when plenty of other vendors are offering much better sample pack deals), and he wasn't willing. I understand not wanting to do price breaks for small volumes, but I won't buy large volumes unless I know the product. IMO vendors should want to sell samples to hopefully expand their clientele. But anywho, I scratched Enhanciosa off my list of vendors to try. That $47.50 instead went toward another kilo from Garuda :lol:
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Mahakam River Strains

Post by herbalhippie »

I wonder if enhanciosa's and BB is the same.
User avatar
krattie
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:24 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Mahakam River Strains

Post by krattie »

I purchased BB's Lot #15 Green Mahakam from a recommendation on this forum and it is definitely a new favorite. I usually burn it when I'm going to be in a social situation such as school or meetings. It takes away the social anxiety for me as good as any prescription drug.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Mahakam River Strains

Post by BallzDeep9 »

I asked Joel from Enhanciosa if he'd be willing to drop his price for a bunch of samples
You know, Enhanciosa did lower prices, several months ago.. but appreciate what you're saying. Seems like he's frequently traveling or has other business besides his kratom .. He still has a sub on reddit. Its a competitive business, and Garuda is another good option!

I gotta give Joel some love here. Have not ordered since last year but, his Quarters are now $22 ( they were $30 ) so he's dropped prices by over 25% and deserves some credit.. Here's an article: Top USA Vendors Lower Prices!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Post Reply